Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

GunnerJ posted:

So uh, is there supposed to be a giant crater where Siberia should be and a chunk of Africa still attached to Brazil or is that just an old map...?

Gemkind was on earth long enough to permanently alter the shape of continents, although it's not yet clear exactly how or why they did that.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The gemkind was on earth long enough to permanently alter the shape of continents, although it's not yet clear exactly how or why they did that.

It was the effects of the kindergartens destroying the planet

The huge siberian crater might be something more than that since it has a gem structure directly in the middle (I think?)

Tetracube fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 6, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kwyndig posted:

My favorite bit about Jasper is that in a later episode they show her hole in the Kindergarten and it is clear she came out FLEXING

Or, alternatively:

http://threefeline.tumblr.com/post/148662873562/ppl-are-saying-that-jasper-came-out-of-her-hole

edit: nevermind, I should probably spoiler it anyway.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 6, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tetracube posted:

It was the effects of the kindergartens destroying the planet

The huge siberian crater might be something more than that since it has a gem structure directly in the middle (I think?)

It does, they've put a marker in the middle any time both it and gem structures have come up at the same time during a visual sequence. It was on the map they gave to Buddy, it was on the display in the moon base at one point, and I think one other time but I can't remember right now.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Nah, I was pretty sure she was going to do that exact thing the next time she showed up.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

GunnerJ posted:

You son of a bitch.

Also how, uh, seriously do they take the actual mineral properties of real gemstones when naming characters? Is it just "we want a green one so idk this new character is Emerald" (I do not actually know if there will be a character named Emerald)? Or do the chemical compositions "matter" symbolically? What I mean is, for example, rubies and sapphires are basically the same rock. So that's interesting. But on the other had, garnets have no real relation to either.

I ask because I just remembered that amethysts are a kind of quartz.

From the Lapis Lazuli wikipedia, "Some lapis lazuli contains trace amounts of the sulfur-rich löllingite variety geyerite." Apparently working with Lapis Lazuli commonly results in rock farts.

Who What Now posted:

A big, jacked dude picking up a thin, gaunt-looking man does not require super-strength. I know that goons aren't used to people being able to lift them, but it's not uncommon.

It's a reference to an autistic reddit post that got quoted a few pages back.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

"It's Over, Isn't It?" just rocketed up to first place by like a billion miles, God drat.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Dede has a fantastic signing voice, and I'm glad they take advantage of that.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Tetracube posted:

at least it isn't the new lars

OK, I don't see what was so bad about that one. It wasn't the best but it wasn't that bad either? Like not in the unremitting trash tier anyway.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

GunnerJ posted:

"It's Over, Isn't It?" just rocketed up to first place by like a billion miles, God drat.

Man, you're going through these episodes fast. You're already at the start of Summer of Steven.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

Like not in the unremitting trash tier anyway.

There's only one trash tier episode anyway Future Boy Zoltron.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Peace among worlds.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Not only is the world shaped differently than our own, Sinbad became an R&B singer and ended up owning a bunch of real estate on the east coast.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, you're going through these episodes fast. You're already at the start of Summer of Steven.

It's easy to zip through and lose track of time when "one more episode" is only 10 minutes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like binging the finest of Australian anime.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

gmq posted:

There's only one trash tier episode anyway Future Boy Zoltron.

the only sin that that episode committed was have a "it's kinda just there not really doing anything" vibe, it was decent otherwise and fits thematically :colbert:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's very similar to The Test in my mind. very personal, almost to the point of being hard to watch, and it seems like it's going to a dark place before it pulls away from the brink at the very end of the episode. Future Boy Zoltron probably won't hold up as well compared to the former just because it's focused on side characters instead of the main cast, but i still think it's one of the best in the show's run.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Are we ever going to see what other big fat fusion Steven makes with the other gems?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Steven Floats is the only bad episode

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MariusLecter posted:

Are we ever going to see what other big fat fusion Steven makes with the other gems?

They won't all be fat. Steven and Pearl will make a normally proportioned human.

And to everyone in the show it'll be absolutely grotesque.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
My copy of The Answer came in the mail today. It's well-illustrated and a good adaptation of the episode. It doesn't even try to shoehorn in the song, it plays well to the written medium. The artwork is excellent and is worth it for that alone. I'd love a big print of Cotton Candy Garnet in the book's style.

Ruby and Sapphire have a little commentary running along with the story which is :3: as hell.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
GunnerJ, have you seen the Full Extended Theme Song? it came out sometime after the end of season 1. Maybe you're saving webshorts (which, combined, count as one episode of production) for after you're caught up?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Also show him the one where those guys since it after it's been run through voice recognition.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
So the next episode is Amethyst going to a concert with Greg, according to the official description and preview. As we know from previous episodes where Gems had a trip with Greg (Keystone Motel, Mr. Greg) traveling with Greg only leads to happiness and sunshine, and no complicated feelings at all

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rebecca Sugar is a treasure and too good for this sad straight world.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Lupus Rufus posted:

GunnerJ, have you seen the Full Extended Theme Song? it came out sometime after the end of season 1. Maybe you're saving webshorts (which, combined, count as one episode of production) for after you're caught up?

I don't know what any of this means.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

GunnerJ posted:

I don't know what any of this means.

There are several SU shorts they released on the side.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5Kgr4cQkciC7o0AQJgVLpQT_3lqZdZIl

Have fun

Edit: https://youtu.be/Ip1eVBs7hC4 that list doesn't include the extended theme, so here it is

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

So the next episode is Amethyst going to a concert with Greg, according to the official description and preview. As we know from previous episodes where Gems had a trip with Greg (Keystone Motel, Mr. Greg) traveling with Greg only leads to happiness and sunshine, and no complicated feelings at all

I can't believe Greg would go on a date with a tiny woman. It's just so unlike him.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

The first two minutes and screenshots of the episode got leaked. Sadly we don't get a life changing Greg trip, but we do get a Pearl, Amethyst and Steven trip with Pearl meeting a human that looks a lot like Rose??

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

hatty posted:

Steven Floats is the only bad episode

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

gmq posted:

The first two minutes and screenshots of the episode got leaked. Sadly we don't get a life changing Greg trip, but we do get a Pearl, Amethyst and Steven trip with Pearl meeting a human that looks a lot like Rose??

Finally Pearl learns to love humans.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Bismuth did nothing wrong.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

GunnerJ posted:

Bismuth did nothing wrong.

Ahahahaha, I was waiting for that. <3

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Seriously, she made a gem guillotine. gently caress yes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GunnerJ posted:

Seriously, she made a gem guillotine. gently caress yes.

You know who else used a kickass pile bunker?

*Steven speaks into his watch*

"Bis-muth! It's shoooooow tiiiiiiiime!"

Cast•In•The•Name•Of•Rose•Ye•Not•Guilty

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

GunnerJ tell me what you think when you get to Mindful Education it is my favorite episode thanks

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

gmq posted:

Don't forget Pearl looking dope as hell while rocking a leather jacket and jeans

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Philip Rivers posted:

GunnerJ tell me what you think when you get to Mindful Education it is my favorite episode thanks

Noted.

I'll take other reaction requests yall have, by the way!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

Noted.

I'll take other reaction requests yall have, by the way!

i want to know your reaction to kindergarden kid and also who your favorite gem is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Brother Entropy posted:

who your favorite gem is

There is a correct answer, choose wisely