Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Mordja posted:

A Doom House?!

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/773224725099098112

I wish I knew how to include the RL Stine tweet that would give this context, but when has this thread ever needed context?

e: That's a bad snipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kr7KDCsIws

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

precision posted:

Chat thread, I only really feel like buying one game today, and I have narrowed it down to:

Tokyo Mirage Fire Emblem Sessions
Deus Ex 2

I mean I'll get both eventually (especially since my wife really likes SMT) but...

Tokyo Mirage Sessions has a much smaller chance of being re-released as a Director's Cut edition with all the DLC, so I'd go with that. Also, if all other factors are equal, choose the one that your partner wants. That's just a good life tip.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

deus ex is really great but it will be a lot more satisfying when the other half of it comes out in 2 years

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Yep wait on DE. I decided a few months ago to not buy games until the megadeluxe directors extreme game of the century edition is released for ten bucks. This decision has been working out really well for me!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
FirstAidKite mentioned it in the Steam thread already so I guess I'll just link to that and simply say that a very special game finally came out for the PC today.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, I hate GamerGate. I really do yall. But I just have no idea how that game exists. It is so terrible, it's like some kind of rip in the fabric of space and time. I have no clue how Brianna Wu or anyone who supports her could look at that and say "yes, this is a quality product".

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

corn in the bible posted:

Always been the exception except for like the last two decades

backwards compatible consoles:

ps2
wii
wii u

so no not really

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Stux posted:

ps2
wii
wii u

so no not really

Fat PS3 too!

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Viewtiful Jew posted:

FirstAidKite mentioned it in the Steam thread already so I guess I'll just link to that and simply say that a very special game finally came out for the PC today.

Once this drops in price, bad rats will finally be dethroned.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
nothing can replace bad rats in my heart

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Grapplejack posted:

Fat PS3 too!

yeah and theres a reason they had to drop it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Stux posted:

ps2
wii
wii u

so no not really

fat ps3. also every ps3 can run ps1 games, and 360 can run a variety of xbox games though not all of them sadly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
turns out putting the chips from the old console into your new console isnt really that great

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

fat ps3. also every ps3 can run ps1 games, and 360 can run a variety of xbox games though not all of them sadly

yeah your options for backwards compat are:

put the chips from the last console inside your new console and increase cost and size or compromise on the new consoles parts

manually create an emulation layer for every game you want to play on your new console

both are poo poo and consoles with backwards compatibility are in the minority because of this

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What about every other nintendo handheld since game boy color

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

What about every other nintendo handheld since game boy color

psvita can run psp games as long as you own them on psn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gbc playing gb games probably doesn't count as back compat. GBA forward, totally.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

psvita can run psp games as long as you own them on psn

well, in most cases. They've gotta be flagged to be able to run on the system. As a result, I can play Dracula X Chronicles on my Vita, but I can't play it on PSTV. Likewise, I can't play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on Vita or PSTV. It's annoying the way they work that way. :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gearbox took down the atomic edition of duke 3D?

And their new duke thing doesn't even have all of the expansions atomic edition had??

I knew that the upcoming duke thing was going to feature some redone spritework or something, a new expansion by some of the old level designers, and other stuff like that but I didn't know gearbox was being so lovely as to exclude content and keep people from buying said content and marking up the price that much in addition to not offering a loyalty discount (I mean, it isn't required of them to offer a loyalty discount but it'd certainly help considering that it isn't even an entirely new game, just mostly an old game ported to a new engine I guess and with a few new levels)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thanks for the wikipedia table of what consoles are* or aren't* backwards compatible everyone

*situational

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Grimace posted:

well, in most cases. They've gotta be flagged to be able to run on the system. As a result, I can play Dracula X Chronicles on my Vita, but I can't play it on PSTV. Likewise, I can't play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on Vita or PSTV. It's annoying the way they work that way. :(

It's the opposite for psp games, actually, but Konami specifically asked that all their games be blacklisted. it's psvita on pstv games that have to be individually whitelisted.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

PS2 rocks

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hey what is there to get for vita tv besides persona by the way

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

hey what is there to get for vita tv besides persona by the way

i forget if ys works but if it does that.

wipeout too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

i forget if ys works but if it does that.

wipeout too.

Ys works, but Wipeout does not. There's a lot of jrpgs though if you are into those and Killzone has a special pstv control scheme

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

It's the opposite for psp games, actually, but Konami specifically asked that all their games be blacklisted. it's psvita on pstv games that have to be individually whitelisted.

they really did do that? jesus, konami

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Some of you may know that Game Grumps like Kirby's Dream Course. Recently they started playing a fan-made Grump-themed hack of the game with about 150 new, original holes. Whether you like Game Grumps or not, this is a huge loving deal if you like Kirby's Dream Course at all.

You can get the patch here.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

Some of you may know that Game Grumps like Kirby's Dream Course. Recently they started playing a fan-made Grump-themed hack of the game with about 150 new, original holes. Whether you like Game Grumps or not, this is a huge loving deal if you like Kirby's Dream Course at all.

You can get the patch here.

the amount of detail involved with this is legitimately impressive. I was never a fan of Dream Course, but the work these people put into the game shows how much they love Game Grumps and Kirby's Dream Course. Very cool.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is it game grumps themed

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

The basic story is that the Game Grumps had a blast when they played the original game, so these fans decided to make a hack so they would have even more levels to play.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Fans of things are insane.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Because the Grumps were like "aw man it's a shame there aren't more levels" and so a bunch of people made this thing just for them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

with about 150 new, original holes

Courses. The word you're looking for is courses.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that would imply there are a lot more than 150 holes

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Courses. The word you're looking for is courses.

I'll tell you what needs to be modded for more holes: my girlfr:suicide:

I played Dream Course as a kid and I have no idea why or how. I just recognize everything about it without any solid memories. Pretty clever concept

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Awesome! posted:

that would imply there are a lot more than 150 holes

Oh poo poo, you're right.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Course he is.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

call me when they make more courses for arino to play

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

call me when they make more courses for arino to play

Domo, Kacho no Arin desu. Grump desu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

Fans of things are insane.

This is the most Lurdiak post I have ever seen.

• Locked thread