Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm definitely looking forward to this episode.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I guess you could say she found a... Rose-placement!

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Carrasco posted:

From a couple pages ago, but if you mean physically (ie Steven's Birthday) I don't think that timing lines up, since Steven's been living with the gems for longer than he's been looking the same. (Unless something in the show contradicts the extended opening on this.) So he's probably just either a late bloomer or, being half-gem, ages more slowly than normal humans.

(Emotionally? He's still vastly more mature than, say, Ronaldo or Lars. Intellectually? It's still not clear why he couldn't just go to school, at least before he started regularly going on missions. You can't tell me Pearl wouldn't love back-to-school shopping and saying "buh-bye! love you!" while Amethyst shapeshifts into a bus.)

This is a good reference and you should feel good.

Also on the level of practicality, I feel like the breaking point just wasn't a very good weapon because you had to strike in a specific spot unique to each gem, which probably makes for some awkward maneuvering in combat. It's definitely not as good as Rose's sword (or the gem destabilizer, which was basically the same thing come to think of it), since if you can poof a gem in a single strike it's easier to do that (since it requires a lot less precision) and then just shatter the now-defenseless gem. Hell, that's basically what Bismuth did to Lapis, even if it was some other gem who cracked her.

It makes me wonder why gems don't wear body armour in their gem locations. Amethyst got cracked falling off a decent size hill, and some gems appear to be strong enough to crack others in their hands. Wouldn't it make more sense to protect those vital areas? The closest thing is really Garnet's gauntlets and you can still plainly see both gems. Jasper has a headbutting helmet but it appears to be purely offensive. Steven's got his shield but it's both weapon and armour for him. Peridot's limb enhancers were sort of armour-like but don't shield her gem at all. Gems are such an advanced race with such a dependence on the gem itself as their being that it doesn't make sense to me.

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 7, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I am unreasonably hype for this episode based off of two screenshots.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Gorilla Salad posted:

Move on? It looks like the opposite to me. Pearl's found herself a NEW Rose. Because that's totally healthy and is guaranteed to work out well.

Maybe she just likes pink hair? There's nothing wrong with that. :colbert:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

subpar anachronism posted:

It makes me wonder why gems don't wear body armour in their gem locations. Amethyst got cracked falling off a decent size hill, and some gems appear to be strong enough to crack others in their hands. Wouldn't it make more sense to protect those vital areas? The closest thing is really Garnet's gauntlets and you can still plainly see both gems. Jasper has a headbutting helmet but it appears to be purely offensive. Steven's got his shield but it's both weapon and armour for him. Peridot's limb enhancers were sort of armour-like but don't shield her gem at all. Gems are such an advanced race with such a dependence on the gem itself as their being that it doesn't make sense to me.

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl all seem to pull/draw their weapons from their gems to maybe they can't practically cover them. No idea for other gems though.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
peridots are tougher than your average gem. they don't need extra armor.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TwoPair posted:

Lion is Ocelot, he's a triple double traitor agent who's helping the gems because he's serving the diamonds because he loves Steven, all because he's enacting Rose's true will.

Pearl is Ocelot, as most of their actions are driven by a serious desire to make out with Rose/Big Boss.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I guess you could say she found a... Rose-placement!

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 7, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

subpar anachronism posted:

It makes me wonder why gems don't wear body armour in their gem locations. Amethyst got cracked falling off a decent size hill, and some gems appear to be strong enough to crack others in their hands. Wouldn't it make more sense to protect those vital areas? The closest thing is really Garnet's gauntlets and you can still plainly see both gems. Jasper has a headbutting helmet but it appears to be purely offensive. Steven's got his shield but it's both weapon and armour for him.

It's entirely possible they can't armor their gems for reasons. It's hard to tell at this point. Almost all the gems we've seen so far keep their gems ridiculously exposed when going into combat, and even Jasper's helmet isn't much real protection. You'd think Quartzes, at least, would be outfitted with body armor that covers their gems, but the armors in Rose's armory don't seem to be fitted for someone her size, in fact they look more like armors built for average human fighters from throughout history.

Considering they pull their weapons from their gems it's possible that armor would prevent them from using said weapons even after summoning.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Has any material shown a resistance to gem weapons?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Little_wh0re posted:

Human flesh

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Little_wh0re posted:

Whatever alloy Bismuths use is able to stand up to gem weaponry, otherwise they wouldn't have used non-summoned weapons like Rose's Sword during the War.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i'm pretty sure rose's sword is a summoned weapon, it's just that her storage space and summoning power were both split off into lion for some reason instead of being given to steven. i dunno why that is but i assume he's going to inherit the rest of his power eventually

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

i'm pretty sure rose's sword is a summoned weapon, it's just that her storage space and summoning power were both split off into lion for some reason instead of being given to steven. i dunno why that is but i assume he's going to inherit the rest of his power eventually

Bismuth says she made it.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
you can summon forged weapons, though, like amethyst has continuously since she got her flail upgrade. and pearl uses her extra-dimensional storage space for storing random human accessories like caution tape and prisoners of war and such, so there's obviously a way.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Venuz Patrol posted:

... pearl uses her extra-dimensional storage space for storing... prisoners of war...

What.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I assume Lapis.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Rhonne posted:

Maybe she just likes pink hair? There's nothing wrong with that. :colbert:

The only thing worse than pink hair is blue hair.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Lapis, though Pearl was unaware of the whole prisoners of war bit.

Or that Lapis was still aware in there.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

you can summon forged weapons, though, like amethyst has continuously since she got her flail upgrade. and pearl uses her extra-dimensional storage space for storing random human accessories like caution tape and prisoners of war and such, so there's obviously a way.

I assumed that those 'upgrades' were some kind of special magical bullshit that could somehow integrate with the summoned weapons, totally different than the also-special-but-100%-corporeal material that Rose's Sword was made out of.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

VanSandman posted:

Lapis, though Pearl was unaware of the whole prisoners of war bit.

Or that Lapis was still aware in there.

Yeah, sure. Let's keep assuming the Crystal Gems aren't space rock nazis.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rose "literally hitler" Quartz

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Junpei Hyde posted:

Rose "literally hitler" Quartz

Pearl said that Rose had dated other men before Greg. Could one of those men have been Hitler?!?!

I think we can logically conclude that yes, yes Rose definitely 100% dated Hitler and is also evil.

These are facts.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Roses favorite flings through history,

Caligula

Attilla the Hun

Ivan the Terrible

Jack the Ripper

three way with Hiltler and Stalin

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hihohe posted:

Roses favorite flings through history,

Caligula

Attilla the Hun

Ivan the Terrible

Jack the Ripper

three way with Hiltler and Stalin

Greg was a plant... FOR AL-QAEDA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Little_wh0re posted:

Water.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rose hosed Jesus

over something fierce when she sold him out to the Romans.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GunnerJ posted:

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl all seem to pull/draw their weapons from their gems to maybe they can't practically cover them. No idea for other gems though.

Currently my thoughtis that it doesn't matter if you cover a gem, it's just a kind of status symbol to keep it exposed. It's like an officer dressing differently than his soldiers, it provides little to no tactical benefit while offering a major morale one.

Also it helps when your vital spot is a small, strong piece of mineral and not a fleshy gourd-like protrusion.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Who What Now posted:

Currently my thoughtis that it doesn't matter if you cover a gem, it's just a kind of status symbol to keep it exposed. It's like an officer dressing differently than his soldiers, it provides little to no tactical benefit while offering a major morale one.

Also it helps when your vital spot is a small, strong piece of mineral and not a fleshy gourd-like protrusion.

A fleshy gourd-like protrusion saved the planet though.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Flying-PCP posted:

Bad Pearl confirmed
AW YEAH. That poo poo was dope when they were drawing it ages ago.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Megaspel posted:

AW YEAH. That poo poo was dope when they were drawing it ages ago.

The effect is a bit muted since the jacket is the only change to her outfit, no jeans or frownyface t-shirt, but it still looks cool

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

http://tench.tumblr.com/post/148666873713/its-over-isnt-it-nothing-is-over-nothing#notes

Jasper is kind of like the gem version of Rambo.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Are gems aware of time passing while poofed and bubbled? Peridot came out mid-sentence, iirc; if that's the case than Bismuth hasn't exactly had time to cool down and maybe revise her stance

i mean isn't that what happen when she first reformed inside of Lion? She still had Rose's poofing in her mind's forefront.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lupus Rufus posted:

i mean isn't that what happen when she first reformed inside of Lion? She still had Rose's poofing in her mind's forefront.

She had a couple of minutes while Steven freaked out and ran away to collect her thoughts.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Flying-PCP posted:

Here's a couple of (real) spoiler screenshots

Bad Pearl confirmed. Pearl starting to move on from Rose maaayybe confirmed??

Where did you get these from? Is there a preview floating around somewhere?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

hi liter posted:

Where did you get these from? Is there a preview floating around somewhere?

A couple of days before new episodes air someone releases a bunch of random screenshots from throughout the episode.

I'm not sure how or why, but they always do it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

A couple of days before new episodes air someone releases a bunch of random screenshots from throughout the episode.

I'm gonna assume its to drive the fandom crazy.

And it's working.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
The CGs still have the wreckage of the handship; they should rebuild a cell to keep Bismuth unbubbled in so Steven can try and reason with her without her fighting him or running away.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Kwyndig posted:

You'd think Quartzes, at least, would be outfitted with body armor that covers their gems, but the armors in Rose's armory don't seem to be fitted for someone her size, in fact they look more like armors built for average human fighters from throughout history.

"The Armor of the Fallen", I assumed it was the armor that the Frybo shards were put into that resulted in many, many deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

I assume its pre-selected promo material for the network to use.