Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

I see Malik Pope has taken the Patric Young memorial slot as the guy who appears in Chad's pre-season top 25 for what feels like about 10 years in a row without every seriously being a first round prospect.

Long live Lebryan Nash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Chad Ford is bad

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

Chad Ford is bad

Actually, if you go back and look at his past mock drafts, he's surprisingly accurate :smug:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chad Ford is bad

he's okay

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Chad Ford is bad

If you want to write a brief overview of the top 30 prospects I welcome it!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Is Father Ball going to make Lonzo stay in school until all of his kids can play together at UCLA?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh is that that family that pushes the pace super fast and has the kids taking like half court threes if they're open?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

woah woah im not better than chad ford my bad

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Markelle Fultz is probably going to go number one simply because the people around him have injury issues or are wing players at Kansas

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

woah woah im not better than chad ford, my dad

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Quick hits because I haven't been aggressively taking in footage of nubile 17 year olds: Fultz looks really good at finishing through contact and his shooting form is pretty decent. Springy but not otherworldly. He reminds me of a less athletic John Wall but supposedly is a better defender and shooter. So he's got that going for him which is nice.

Dennis Smith plays like he's Russell Westbrook and it's dope af

I saw some footage of him playing against some dudes at a Jordan camp (I think Oladipo was one of them) and he looks pretty good defending and shooting from deep; ACL tears make me nervous but hey he's young and medicine is more advanced now

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
It's not a name I've ever seen before, but I would still assume Markelle was a girl's name. I think it's French for "Mark, but a girl."

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Stagger_Lee posted:

It's not a name I've ever seen before, but I would still assume Markelle was a girl's name. I think it's French for "Mark, but a girl."

The evolution of black naming conventions in the US is fascinating. Markelle/Marquelle is a mutation of Swahili naming conventions. I couldn't tell you all the conventions I know off the top of my head but I would recognize Markelle as a masculine name.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Also steve urkel is the nerd name but stefan urquelle is the cool name

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Deandre Ayton committed to Arizona yesterday.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17480960/top-ranked-prospect-deandre-ayton-chooses-arizona

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Also steve urkel is the nerd name but stefan urquelle is the cool name

When I went to school at ASU sometimes third rate celebrities would drop by the clubs in nearby Scottsdale and it became somewhat of a favorite pastime for me to spot the famous goofballs. One night the hot rumor was Britney Spears was going to show up (this was during the period where she shaved her head and twirled an umbrella with a mad face and people thought she went crazy. She had a house in Scottsdale) and there was no way I was gonna miss my girl Brit Spears.

I dubbed around for a while inside, got alcoholed up and forgot about keeping an eye out when suddenly a bigass hummer limo thing pulls up outside and huge bodyguards jump out. I thought aw yeah here comes the fun. I was very right because hidden by these big men was a cool rear end celeb. No, not Britney, it was Jaleel Urkel White and his crew abandoned him to go get drunk themselves almost as soon as he got to take off his coat. He was very proud of his big coat. Anyways there was a moment when he was alone after ordering a drink, kind of hanging out putting out the vibe around the area he had carved out, and I walked over and called out "Heyyy Urkel" before I thought the better of it. Maybe he would like it I don't know

He looked at me meaner than anyones ever looked at me and said "The name is Jaleel, my nigga" and that's the story of how urkel called me a nigga

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
:golfclap: Cool Buff Man

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
imagine getting beat up by urkel

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
"Did I do thhhaaatttt?"
*roundhouse kick*

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Grandmama + Urkel dunking on a 8 foot rim was peak 90s

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/782999049225904128

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

When I went to school at ASU sometimes third rate celebrities would drop by the clubs in nearby Scottsdale and it became somewhat of a favorite pastime for me to spot the famous goofballs. One night the hot rumor was Britney Spears was going to show up (this was during the period where she shaved her head and twirled an umbrella with a mad face and people thought she went crazy. She had a house in Scottsdale) and there was no way I was gonna miss my girl Brit Spears.

I dubbed around for a while inside, got alcoholed up and forgot about keeping an eye out when suddenly a bigass hummer limo thing pulls up outside and huge bodyguards jump out. I thought aw yeah here comes the fun. I was very right because hidden by these big men was a cool rear end celeb. No, not Britney, it was Jaleel Urkel White and his crew abandoned him to go get drunk themselves almost as soon as he got to take off his coat. He was very proud of his big coat. Anyways there was a moment when he was alone after ordering a drink, kind of hanging out putting out the vibe around the area he had carved out, and I walked over and called out "Heyyy Urkel" before I thought the better of it. Maybe he would like it I don't know

He looked at me meaner than anyones ever looked at me and said "The name is Jaleel, my nigga" and that's the story of how urkel called me a nigga

lmao

It's too bad it's impossible already to get tickets to games.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

I still love this story

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yurtseven is a cool name that is also an address

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
I took ayahuasca in a yurtseven at Burning Man

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Luke Walton was born in yurtseven under the watchful eye of a baboon while Bill tripped out on ibogaine

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Someone like declan or Mourningview should make a 2017 draft thred, someone who isn't 100% bullshitting based on 30 minutes of youtube videos.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
it's way too early

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Yeah you guys can't have already given up on your seasons yet

Knicks gonna win 50

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Westchester Knicks D-League games don't count.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
That story is fantastic Cool Buff Man.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

I took ayahuasca in a yurtseven at Burning Man

NICK: hey man you know where i can find spyder, i know hes got the dark matter
WAKARUSA ATTENDEE: yeah dude hes in yurt seven
OMER: lets roll

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

First Harry Giles hurts his knee for the billionth time and now

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/791038173073772544

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The lesson here is don't go to Duke

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

The lesson here is don't go to Duke

Every recent Duke pick that went high has suffered from injuries and I refuse to look that up

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

Every recent Duke pick that went high has suffered from injuries and I refuse to look that up

Off the top of my head. Okafor, Kyrie, Jabari, Jay Williams.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Luol Deng went to Duke yall

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

chunkles posted:

Luol Deng went to Duke yall
*posts pic of luol deng with an IV in*

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Mason Plumlee is from the best player from Duke and has never been hurt and I won't look that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I understand you are being homer and all but let's slow down before we claim a plumlee best at anything

• Locked thread