Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Nemechek hosed up by gassing it and getting loose into the 00 coming out of the corner, else it wouldve looked much less dirty than it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
NASCAR does have a vague line that they won't let drivers cross, I think. If it's retaliation (of the bulldozing variety) out of pure spite with disregard for safety (Busch on Hornaday in the Texas truck race, or Kenseth on Logano) then they'll drop the hammer.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yeah, once they were literally off-roading the mindset was probably "Well, gonna need to lean into him to win it", adding insult to injury.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I remember the cheers in the thread all the times Jox dumped some schlub in a lower series so this whole discussion is hilarious to me

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the gently caress is jox

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Good golly, Cole Custer has The Most Punchable Face

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Um...

https://twitter.com/JoshTewsley/status/773321780631113733

The "Mars Continues As Official Partner..." line is interesting.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

because my life is a terrible mess, i googled "official chocolate of nascar" and apparently theyve paid for that PRESTIGIOUS title since 2006

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

Um...

https://twitter.com/JoshTewsley/status/773321780631113733

The "Mars Continues As Official Partner..." line is interesting.

Did anything change here? Or is a minor sponsorship no one could care less about just continuing to exist? God, imagine being the marketing guy who has to make that announcement sound interesting.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Damnit, now I'm really depressed.

Re: Jr & Fred Lorenzen

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

theacox posted:

Damnit, now I'm really depressed.

Re: Jr & Fred Lorenzen

Poor Junior. He managed to come out of his dad's shadow but will never manage to win a championship :smith:

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Elitist Bitch posted:

So, uhh, SRA... What are your plans on 10/7/2017?

You're gonna want to move that date up.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

No penalties for JHN or Custer.

I'd ask for a refund.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

wicka posted:

the gently caress is jox

the son of a famous human cannonball act

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

VikingSkull posted:

:vince:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

hey, he landed in the net, didn't he

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

:drat:

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Sure, the first 30000 at Texas Motor Speedway get a really awesome Smoke bobblehead, but it comes with the knowledge that he will probably wreck your personal car on the way out of the park lot.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What happens if they draw less than 30,000?

I'll pay about tree fiddy.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

DW must be writing his own clickbait.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Gordon comments on the 88 schedule the rest of the season:

quote:

Though the schedule lines up well with his strengths, Gordon said it wasn't solely set by his preference. Bowman will race New Hampshire Motor Speedway because he already filled in for Earnhardt there in July. Because of schedule conflicts, Gordon can't race at some 1.5-mile tracks, so it made more sense to keep Bowman at all of them.

"It'd be best for the team for him to be in all of those," Gordon said. "We know he's a talented driver, too, and want to see what he's capable of doing. He does a lot of work in the simulator for us. Matching up actual race data and conditions to the simulator helps us develop the simulator, too."

"It's a combination of what's best for the team, what's best for the sponsors and sort of Junior's wishes as well," Gordon said. "He's big on Alex Bowman, and the team has really enjoyed having him in the car. We want to make sure our sponsors are getting everything out of it as well. They do a lot for us.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

CBJSprague24 posted:

What happens if they draw less than 30,000?
That was my thought as well. Some of the races have been pretty ugly when you catch a glimpse of the stands on TV. Last week at Darlington in seemed pretty full at least but Texas? Have they had 30,000 at the last two races combined?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

OH MAN.

E: Everyone seems down with this. I wish it was a flat fee instead of an auction though :(

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 9, 2016

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wait SRA will marry me for 99 cents and give me 10 race tickets? Solid bargain.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

They're gonna run this point into the ground all weekend, but I feel like I have to really drive home that it is loving HOT at this track. Holy poo poo.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's such a relief to not have rich schweigher in the booth.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Amy_Reimann/status/774335978509139969

Dang Ol Junyer. :allears:

Elitist Bitch posted:

OH MAN.

E: Everyone seems down with this. I wish it was a flat fee instead of an auction though :(

Bingo prize should be a trip to SRAWedding.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

This is so tense will Jeremy clements make the Chase?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Not much point in watching this poo poo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The ticker is running the top 12 in Cup qualifying.

e- Why are the JGR numbers silver?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 10, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
At what point do we subject Kyle in Xfinity to the old Wisconsin short track rule for Dick Trickle where he had to start tail end and a lap down, needing to pass everyone twice to win?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

theacox posted:

At what point do we subject Kyle in Xfinity to the old Wisconsin short track rule for Dick Trickle where he had to start tail end and a lap down, needing to pass everyone twice to win?

No, see, he sells tickets and is good for the sport. Didn't you see all those fans losing their minds over a Kyle Busch Xfinity win? We can't impede on that!

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
They're going to bring the loving caution clock to Xfinity next year to bring the field back to Kyle, aren't they?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

CBJSprague24 posted:

The ticker is running the top 12 in Cup qualifying.

e- Why are the JGR numbers silver?

JGR is 25 years old

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Bingo prize should be a trip to SRAWedding.

The race is in three weeks, and my dress won't arrive for three more months. I really wanted this to happen but it doesn't seem like it's meant to be. :eng99:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

The race is in three weeks, and my dress won't arrive for three more months. I really wanted this to happen but it doesn't seem like it's meant to be. :eng99:

A friend of mine did a legal wedding well before a formal ceremony.

Granted, she did it because his Visa was going to expire well before a ceremony could be organized, but if that'd be an option, there you go.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Huh, Keselowski misses a shift, fucks up Kyle Busch's front end, then dive bombs into turn 1 and slams into Kenseth. Way to "bounce" back.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If there's enough interest, I'm gonna do the Chase Pick 'Em Game again for fabulous, glorious bragging rights. I'm encouraged since last season's scoring system actually worked. You'll pick who's going the farthest out of each group of four, with bonus points for the lowest finisher in the Chase and maybe a bonus for a correct champion pick.

Let me know.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Stewart displaying homicidal tendencies again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

fuseshock posted:

Stewart displaying homicidal tendencies again.

Or suicidal, since there was no way that would work well for him.

• Locked thread