Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Buckets posted:

"The Armor of the Fallen", I assumed it was the armor that the Frybo shards were put into that resulted in many, many deaths.

Rose's armory is where she keeps mementos of her past lovers/victims. If Steven had paid attention to the axes he would have noticed that one of them is actually an electric guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Shima Honnou posted:

Rose's armory is where she keeps mementos of her past lovers/victims. If Steven had paid attention to the axes he would have noticed that one of them is actually an electric guitar.

Really? I figured those were bubbled/shattered previous Crystal Gems. Never noticed the electric guitar.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

LemonLimeTime posted:

Really? I figured those were bubbled/shattered previous Crystal Gems. Never noticed the electric guitar.

I think he's joking :ssh:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

LemonLimeTime posted:

:thejoke:

There's no electric guitar.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Shima Honnou posted:

that's not shown or talked about here

shima are you telling lies

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Yo what's all this about Pearl's rap career?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

A couple of days before new episodes air someone releases a bunch of random screenshots from throughout the episode.

I'm not sure how or why, but they always do it.

They get the screenshots from the servers (based off of what you'd see at certain timestamps when you hover over the time bar in the full video when the episode is released online)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

GunnerJ posted:

pearl voice actress did a rap once, someone good at editing videos ran with that.

haven't watched fanwork or seen much fanart because I'm a gangrene grouchy grumpus but those were pretty funny.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

GunnerJ posted:

Pearl had a rap career back in the day

That's Pearl's voice actress

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress, I forgot that Steven found Lion in the desert.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Acne Rain posted:

pearl voice actress did a rap once, someone good at editing videos ran with that.

haven't watched fanwork or seen much fanart because I'm a gangrene grouchy grumpus but those were pretty funny.

OK that explains the weird video someone posted a while back.

The fact that Garnet is literally voiced by Estelle makes the part where "American Boy" plays in that video pretty great.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

GunnerJ posted:

Garnet is literally voiced by Estelle

This is the best thing about the show to me tbh.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

GunnerJ posted:

OK that explains the weird video someone posted a while back.

The fact that Garnet is literally voiced by Estelle makes the part where "American Boy" plays in that video pretty great.

Then DeeDee Magno Hall went to Atlanta and (literally) had a cup of coffee with the intern that turned her into a YTP star. It's a heartwarming story.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress, I forgot that Steven found Lion in the desert.

Um, Lion found Steven i'm pretty sure. :colbert:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Party_(band)

Worth noting is apparently the band reunited some time ago and is working on a new album which is where the song that the meme comes from.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GunnerJ posted:

This is the best thing about the show to me tbh.

All the fusions* have been voiced by published musical vocalists. Garnet being voiced by Estelle was one of the biggest clues she's was a fusion.

*Except Smokey Quartz

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

I love that the entire SU staff are weeaboos. I also love this high school AU and hope it never stops.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Who What Now posted:

*Except Smokey Quartz and Alexandrite

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

I love that the entire SU staff are weeaboos. I also love this high school AU and hope it never stops.

I hope they do a comic in this style and AU at some point

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

The look on Lapis's face though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Carrasco posted:

The look on Lapis's face though.

'you know i'm gonna spit in their tea, right?'

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brother Entropy posted:

'you know i'm gonna spit in their tea, right?'

So tsundere.

CJBurgandy
Nov 10, 2006

"I need my Plumbing checked" was not a suggestion to unclog the bathroom sink!
Is that the big pink haired lady that Pearl is blushing at in that promo?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KCE1ReHrLU

This one came up to. It also has a link for the Lady Bears other video (A Lorde Parody) that has one of DeeDee's kids in a Steven shirt.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CJBurgandy posted:

It's Rose. High School AU don't care that characters are dead, or are fusions of two other characters who both happen to already be in the picture.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kwyndig posted:

It's Rose. High School AU don't care that characters are dead, or are fusions of two other characters who both happen to already be in the picture.

No, the one on the stairs on the right.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I think he means the person in the foreground with their back to the camera, that Pearl is looking back at while blushing. It does look like her from the one screenshot we got.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I have no idea, I don't pay attention to spoiler screenshots.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CJBurgandy posted:

Yes.

She's a punk rose-r.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

EasyEW posted:

Then DeeDee Magno Hall went to Atlanta and (literally) had a cup of coffee with the intern that turned her into a YTP star. It's a heartwarming story.

That's awesome. The whole cast and crew all appear to be fantastic people who really care about this awesome show they're making.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm finally doing my rewatch and tiger millionare really is the first great ep; it's got alot of fun jokes, it's one of the first eps that shows beach city residents as recurring characters and not just one-off dudes(lars is great in it) and it's also the first ep that shows the gems have their own internal poo poo going on and the show won't just be about steven growing up

also i love the notorious order of wrestling haters

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

He hit a guy with a giant cell phone.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GunnerJ posted:

He hit a guy with a giant cell phone.
Steven confirmed for young Paul Heyman.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
There's a shitload of references to wrestling in that episode, every frame is so dense, it's great.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

how does surface tension work for hydrokinetically manipulated water

does lapis control that, too, are we gonna see her pull a Jesus to follow up on her Noah act

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Pfft, even Pearl can walk on water.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

how does surface tension work for hydrokinetically manipulated water

does lapis control that, too, are we gonna see her pull a Jesus to follow up on her Noah act

She would have to be able to control surface tension based on what we've seen controlling water clones, otherwise they wouldn't form discrete bodies like that.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Those school AU ones are always great, but when I checked the blog of the boarder who makes them all I wasn't able to find the really old one about Garnet working up the nerve to talk to Garnet because Garnet was worried that Garnet wouldn't want to give Garnet the time of day.

Did someone other than Hillary Florido make that one?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Bongo Bill posted:

Pfft, even Pearl can walk on water.

oh poo poo, you're right, forgot about that. i suspect the show has, too, though.

Kwyndig posted:

She would have to be able to control surface tension based on what we've seen controlling water clones, otherwise they wouldn't form discrete bodies like that.

from the absolute nothing i know about the subject, surface tension is the result of cohesive forces between liquid molecules at the, well, surface. obviously she's exerting some mental force on the water clones to keep them from succumbing to other external forces-- and in turn, giving them their shape. i dont really know where i was going with this i guess except wondering how far her control over water actually extends. is she somehow loving with the properties of water so that the surface tension can resist the weight? is the shape entirely dependent on the mental force she's exerting (leaving the water with just the 'normal' amount of surface tension you'd expect from water)? as long as she exerts enough force to stop the water from being displaced by garnet, it works, unless im missing something

the answer is magic :ssh:

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Those school AU ones are always great, but when I checked the blog of the boarder who makes them all I wasn't able to find the really old one about Garnet working up the nerve to talk to Garnet because Garnet was worried that Garnet wouldn't want to give Garnet the time of day.

looks like it's Lauren Zuke messin around, or maybe just reacting to a post, as seen here

and here's a fan comic based off the whole exchange

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Lamar Abrams: his promos are pretty great

quote:

oh no! looks like vegeta gave the chaos emeralds to steven after all. but wait! didn’t yu-gi-oh blow up the moon? how is steven able to transform with no moon power?! find out on STEVEN’S LION! the next exciting episode of STEVEN UNIVERSE! boarded by Aleth Romanillos and Lamar Abrams (that’s me)!

quote:

watch helplessly as STEVEN and ONION trade minds and then fight to the finish while trapped inside a DEATH MAZE! ONION TRADE!!!the next wonderful episode of STEVEN UNIVERSE! boarded by LAMAR ABRAMS!

quote:

NO! STEVEN fused with an evil hungry monster gem! he shrunk the gems somehow and now he’s gong to EAT THEM!!! don't miss FUSION CUISINE!!! the next thrilling episode of STEVEN UNIVERSE! boarded by HELLEN JO and LAMAR ABRAMS!

quote:

STEVEN learns the powerful SIDE EYE technique from GARNET! when STEVEN goes to practice in the bathroom mirror, he SIDE EYES himself TEN HUNDRED YEARS into the FUTURE!!! will GARNET be able to save him?! FUTURE VISION!!! the next completely unexpected episode of STEVEN UNIVERSE! boarded by HELLEN JO and LAMAR ABRAMS!

quote:

Tonight on an all new Steven Universe by Hellen and Lamar

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 8, 2016