Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite/Favourite subtitle?
This poll is closed.
Revelations 11 12.50%
Resurrection 5 5.68%
Retribution 6 6.82%
All-Stars 66 75.00%
Total: 88 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

Aw what a shame

Is it actually a fun game? The level there seemed kind of short and easy and idk if that was just the character he was playing as, the level itself, or what, but it looked cooled

its good like every raizing game is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

I always kind of assumed the reason Sony was making the PS4 Pro was because the regular PS4 wouldn't be able to run VR very well, so they were releasing a console that their VR stuff would work properly on.

Seems to be a combination of this and 4K support

VR and 4K, two technologies that are definitely completely mature and useful to the majority of consumers of videogames!

I just don't get it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FanaticalMilk posted:

What are people's problems with it? I played it about a decade ago and loved it.
It's not awful - it's at least better than 7 - but it's not great, either. It tries to do too many things poorly instead of focusing on its core gameplay. Levels can be confusing messes. Snowboarding is awful. The ways in which it tries to innovate aren't as good as the ways MMX innovated. I would still rather have seen 9 and 10 polish up what 8 did rather than be throwbacks.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Monkey Fracas posted:

Soooo yeah I guess I'm gonna wait to see what the PS Pro does to the development landscape on the PS4.

-Devs sorta target the PSPro specs when developing games so the OG PS4 "version" of the game only looks/runs "OK"?
-Devs don't care about the PSPro because they aren't being forced to so it doesn't matter anyway for the vast majority of games?
-4K streaming content somehow grows by leaps and bounds in 2 weeks and weirdos with 4K TVs love it??!?
-I buy a used old PS4 or a PS4 Slim and deal with the maybe-mildly-worse-performance on some games because I basically only want to play Bloodborne anyways?!??

The PSPro seems stupid to me at this point but I guess we'll see where things go.
Most likely what happens is they keep developing on PCs as usual and then when it comes time to make the PS4 candidate they hide the graphics options and pick a few defaults based on whether you have a reg or a Pro. Everyone else probably doesn't bother because :effort:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Surrounded by masterpieces from every era, feeling waves of inspiration from every angle, he hunches over the glowing screen and channels the creative essence of the former greats into Pokemon Art Academy.

They actually give out 3DS's at the louvre as one of the self guided tour options. It's got a louvre special AR app with narration and stuff

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Red Bones posted:

I always kind of assumed the reason Sony was making the PS4 Pro was because the regular PS4 wouldn't be able to run VR very well, so they were releasing a console that their VR stuff would work properly on.
We were told it was 'double the pixels' for VR with the Pro or some poo poo but that was incredibly vague. Maybe weasel speak for what they're downsampling from to get on the crappy VR display

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

They actually give out 3DS's at the louvre as one of the self guided tour options. It's got a louvre special AR app with narration and stuff
Owns. This is why Pokemon Go should have been a real AR Pokemon game on 3DS and not cheap phone crap.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Inspiring post from Jeff Vogel: No, Video Games Aren't Art. We're BETTER.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new doom sucks rear end and everyone is trolling me by saying its good

FactsAreUseless posted:

Owns. This is why Pokemon Go should have been a real AR Pokemon game on 3DS and not cheap phone crap.

I wanna check it out some day but it sounds cool. I wish more 3DS games had AR stuff even as a side distraction, it's always fun to see

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ar pikmin game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For some reason I keep doing stupid stuff and dying at the flaming catapult bit at the start of the castle. :negative:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I have never read so much semper games on one page, cheers

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

For some reason I keep doing stupid stuff and dying at the flaming catapult bit at the start of the castle. :negative:

catapults are most effective at range, try getting closer

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

On the vita Project Diva games you can get an AR Hatsune Miku to dance in the real world

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

On the vita Project Diva games you can get an AR Hatsune Miku to dance in the real world

In the end aren't we the VR world and Hatsune Miku the real one?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

catapults are most effective at range, try getting closer

Doesn't help me when a couple of monks are trying carry off Ashley because I left her in a dumb place, then I rescue her, kill both of them then decide to randomly fire one last bullet that goes straight through her head.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

The castle levels were my favorite part of the game. Specifically the last bit of Ashley rescuing in that large reflective pool room when she has to turn the two cranks. Heart pounding stuff

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ImpAtom posted:

In the end aren't we the VR world and Hatsune Miku the real one?

One day we'll have the technology where pervs trying to catch a glance at someone in real life will cause them to have their vision be replaced with a "CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" notice.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

In Training posted:

I wanna check it out some day but it sounds cool. I wish more 3DS games had AR stuff even as a side distraction, it's always fun to see

DO4M........

is good.

To be less shitpost-y, what didn't you like about it?

Also I mentioned this in the horror thread but, I recently got to play Namco's horror themed light gun shooter Dark Escape 4D. This thing was ridiculous in a cheesy way. Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o03m8IXHVb8

It relies mostly on copious amounts of jump scares. It was fun as an experience because my partner is susceptible to jump scares. As a game it was ok. The survival horror aspect of it was hard to get into because your gun is an unlimited ammo machine gun. It was also expensive at the place we were at. $2 a play :eek: Anyone else seen or played it?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The World of Final Fantasy Collectors Edition is $120 :negative:

I'm not sure that's even a bad price, depending on the quality of the minifigures.

But I won't be paying it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One day we'll have the technology where pervs trying to catch a glance at someone in real life will cause them to have their vision be replaced with a "CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" notice.
And then immediately thrown in prison

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

CrashCat posted:

It does seem at least premature, I don't know if Sony will seriously push for it or we'll just see a smattering of half-hearted support. Either way one side or the other is going to suffer at some point, there's no avoiding it.

what do you mean you dont know? theyve already been quite clear that any game from october 2016 onwards will have to have pro support. they said that way before they even announced it and it was still called neo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

yawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Pervs will already have AR nude skins projected over people they want to see naked.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

dem's fightin' words!

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah, this. I felt bad because my aunt paid for the audio tour for me, but half the time it just hung around my neck with the headphones off, while I exercised what I remember from Art History class.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I'm so excited to play the new Anime Lawyer game

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

what do you mean you dont know? theyve already been quite clear that any game from october 2016 onwards will have to have pro support. they said that way before they even announced it and it was still called neo.
what does 'pro support' mean, precisely

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

In Training posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th_RCCGVoW4

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Why didn't anyone tell me about Overcooked?!

I'm so buying that when I get home.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

overcooked was well done

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

overcooked was well done
:downsrim:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Phantasium posted:

No thread, we're talking about World of Final Fantasy again, because one of the mirages is the loving ship from Einhander.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/world-final-fantasy-ps4-ps-vita-versions-compared-einhander-mirage-gameplay

The Cactuar Conductor is almost unbearably adorable.

Snak posted:

wait MULTIPLAYER?!?!?!?! Holy gently caress.

I mean, I guess I'm only excited if it's local multiplayer. And then only on principle.

Sounds like couch co-op is in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBcf7Mczylo&t=226s

Probably going to get this game just to play with the girlfriend.

E: Though maybe they changed their mind about that? Or the guy was just unclear? Reading more, either way, I'm not sure it's true.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 8, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lol you can play Homefront: The Revolution for free on Steam this weekend. 3 months after release.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Palpek posted:

Lol you can play Homefront: The Revolution for free on Steam this weekend. 3 months after release.
Reading Steam reviews apparently they released a patch that made it less of an absolute tire fire? (Its still probably really mediocre though.)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

But only for the weekend right? It's not a free ps+ game or something.

I heard that game was really bad.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yeah but it includes the entire single player campaign which is doable in that time considering the free weekend already started for that promotion so it's more like 4 days.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

seeing world of final fantasy is making me legit angry I sold my PS4

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The good news is that there are two new models for you when you want to come back, and account stuff is easy with Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You could also buy a playstation vita

• Locked thread