Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

GreatGreen posted:

Say, my good man, would you happen to have the original logo of that?

Asking for a friend.

You better not use it because it makes me upset as I'm a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Anti-Hero posted:

In the Alpha holding space did actually let you deploy faster - this was changed in the Beta and seemingly the only advantage is it lets you skip the kill cam, while obviously not getting revived. I hope they go back to the Alpha implementation since Medics never revive.

I revived. First, you have to ask to be revived. Everyone is just "what the gently caress killed me" and watching the kill notification to press Q. Second, even if you see a friend, you know he's a friend, and he dies right in front of you, he probably mashes space so I die trying to inject a not-revivable jerk.

Why the gently caress isn't "revive me" auto flagged and an opt-out system?

People in my goddamn squad, on discord with me, two feet away, getting me killed because they died, said out loud "I died" and didn't let me loving revive them.

Game is loving infuriating in its design choices sometimes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Krinkle posted:

People in my goddamn squad, on discord with me, two feet away, getting me killed because they died, said out loud "I died" and didn't let me loving revive them.

I don't know sounds more like players being dumb than the game.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

If it defaulted to "here's a corpse to revive" icons, and holding space made them go away, I wouldn't have tried to revive all those people assuming they were revivable because nobody flags themselves as requesting a medic.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

GreatGreen posted:

Say, my good man, would you happen to have the original logo of that?

Asking for a friend.

do you mean the emblem code or whatever? I think you can just copy it from my profile, it's set to share the emblem w/ everyone

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/BohemianNights/

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Krinkle posted:

I revived. First, you have to ask to be revived. Everyone is just "what the gently caress killed me" and watching the kill notification to press Q. Second, even if you see a friend, you know he's a friend, and he dies right in front of you, he probably mashes space so I die trying to inject a not-revivable jerk.

Why the gently caress isn't "revive me" auto flagged and an opt-out system?

You can still revive them, Q just gives you a visual indicator. Depending on how they were killed (explosives, possibly headshots and if they've already been revived already) then they can't be revived.

It's a really dumb system. I don't really understand why they felt the need to make it like that.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You probably made a lot of people in this thread very upset :P

Yes literally zero is a large number. Like take it all back your a loving idiot who is just poorly trolling.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This site's Battlefield community was always kind of 'off', but... I had no idea how deep their appreciation of sexual assault goes. Geez.

Stop being a little bitch about this. I tried to be nice and even was willing to change the emblem. But nope your dumb rear end has to try and drag this piss poor lie you keep repeating everywhere. I assume you were hoping your imo zone cod buddies would back have your back and suddenly protect you from the mean old bf goons. Drop the loving lie and stop whining like a bitch, like now. Running around this site accusing a bunch of people of supporting rape with zero proof is not ok under any circumstances. So stop it because your mod buddy is not going to be able to protect you.

And for anyone wondering poo poo for brains there decided to hit the imp zone and basically said you are rape supporters. After multiple people in this thread tried to calm it down and defuse the situation.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Bohemian Nights posted:

do you mean the emblem code or whatever? I think you can just copy it from my profile, it's set to share the emblem w/ everyone

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

I love that emblem, glad I still have a copy if it.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

xyigx posted:

Yes literally zero is a large number. Like take it all back your a loving idiot who is just poorly trolling.

Stop being a little bitch about this. I tried to be nice and even was willing to change the emblem. But nope your dumb rear end has to try and drag this piss poor lie you keep repeating everywhere. I assume you were hoping your imo zone cod buddies would back have your back and suddenly protect you from the mean old bf goons. Drop the loving lie and stop whining like a bitch, like now. Running around this site accusing a bunch of people of supporting rape with zero proof is not ok under any circumstances. So stop it because your mod buddy is not going to be able to protect you.

And for anyone wondering poo poo for brains there decided to hit the imp zone and basically said you are rape supporters. After multiple people in this thread tried to calm it down and defuse the situation.

Whoa.

This post is better than the game!

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
:yikes:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Bohemian Nights posted:

Somebody add it to the library.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Vatek posted:

It's a really dumb system. I don't really understand why they felt the need to make it like that.
It's dice sweden, they didn't think

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Vatek posted:

You can still revive them, Q just gives you a visual indicator. Depending on how they were killed (explosives, possibly headshots and if they've already been revived already) then they can't be revived.

If when you "dumb system" you are referring to the criteria for revivability then I disagree, it's good.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

xyigx posted:

What lie? I brought the issue to light, and rather than refute anything, the immediate response was to tell me to 'stop being a bitch' (which is another problem in itself, but one thing at a time) and, well, make more rape jokes. Very classy.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I just got a survey about the beta. It's fairly comprehensive. Rated everything imgay.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Chomp8645 posted:

If when you "dumb system" you are referring to the criteria for revivability then I disagree, it's good.

No, the dumb system is the complete lack of visual indication unless the dead guy happens to press a button (which they never press), which leads to getting shot in the face while you stand over a corpse ineffectually jabbing a needle into it. Bodies that can be revived should be highlighted to a medic automatically, just like they've done in pretty much ever other Battlefield game that has had the medic class.

Overall the UI design in this game is not great, which is bizarre to me when they've had like 10 games to iron this poo poo out yet they continually feel the need to tinker with things and create problems that didn't exist before.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 8, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Vatek posted:

No, the dumb system is the complete lack of visual indication unless the dead guy happens to press a button (which they never press), which leads to getting shot in the face while you stand over a corpse ineffectually jabbing a needle into it.

Bodies that can be revived should be highlighted to a medic automatically, just like they've done in pretty much ever other Battlefield game that has had the medic class.

I can see the logic. A lot of people don't want to be revived where they died because they are afraid (often correctly) that they'll just be killed again right away. In previous games it was often annoying to be revived by point-hungry medics when you didn't want to be. It was also a common griefer tactic to revive-kill someone in a cycle.

Players can adapt. They will learn "I will not be revived if I do not press the button", and quite possibly many of them don't want to be anyway. As the medic I would suggest simply limiting yourself to people who show they want to be revived.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I used to flag my corpse for medics a lot, but it got loving irritating seeing like, 4 medics within 15 metres of me and nobody ever even attempting a revive. It seemed like 99% of medics were just using the class for the weapons and not actually medicing at all :shrug:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Battlefield1 - A is for Apples, B is for Butter, C is for Cosby

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Just rename medic class to sharpshooter and then it will be reflective of how it's played. They just get DMRs to the sniper's bolt action.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

super macho dude posted:

heh

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Chomp8645 posted:

I can see the logic. A lot of people don't want to be revived where they died because they are afraid (often correctly) that they'll just be killed again right away. In previous games it was often annoying to be revived by point-hungry medics when you didn't want to be. It was also a common griefer tactic to revive-kill someone in a cycle.

Players can adapt. They will learn "I will not be revived if I do not press the button", and quite possibly many of them don't want to be anyway. As the medic I would suggest simply limiting yourself to people who show they want to be revived.

If I did that I'd never get any revives. Not pressing Q doesn't prevent you from being revived, it just doesn't do the callout to the medic. I'm still bringing people back to life against their will in this game, but it's one of several design choices that actively reduce teamwork and contribute to the whole "conquest = team deathmatch" feeling.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

super macho dude posted:

"We have been taken by Objective Cosby"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What lie? I brought the issue to light, and rather than refute anything, the immediate response was to tell me to 'stop being a bitch' (which is another problem in itself, but one thing at a time) and, well, make more rape jokes. Very classy.

Congrats, by bringing light to it it's now a meme again

Barbara Streisand effect in action

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yes, I'd like to hear more about this as well.

Will you be considering doing some Blackadder stuff when you got time?

What kind of Blackadder poo poo are you after? I might give it a shot.

Who's the nerd pissed off at LLJK's Nelson Mandela emblem anyway?

Yig, Strangelove, Handuar and a few others should be able to get you into whatever the hell DUNK was replaced with, LLJK or Hank, we've got gimmick platoons as well. Really the easiest way is to just hit up CTS's Battlefield/Anime shitshow channel.

V V V V

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 8, 2016

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
How can I play Battlefield 1 with other goons (except Lumpy) when this game comes out?

My Origin ID is JFC-SA

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

JFC posted:

How can I play Battlefield 1 with other goons (except Lumpy) when this game comes out?

My Origin ID is JFC-SA

Playing BF1 with me is definitely not something you'll have to worry about.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Good thing you're in the BF1 thread talking about a BF4 stupid image that doesn't matter then.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Lumpy the Cook posted:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Awwww

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Nebiros posted:

What kind of Blackadder poo poo are you after? I might give it a shot.

Right, Baldrick, this is an old trick I picked up in the Sudan:

Sadly I cannot find a high resolution of Flashheart doing a crotch thrust.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

I choke up every time I watch this episode.

"I'm sure it was probably better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean Who would've noticed another mad man around here?... Good luck everyone"

:(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

ChickenWyngz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

I choke up every time I watch this episode.

"I'm sure it was probably better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean Who would've noticed another mad man around here?... Good luck everyone"

:(

Every time I awkwardly scramble half fell from the ladders in the beta, I instantly thought about Baldrick and his observation reguarding the ladder leading out the trench :(.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Beta was fun as gently caress. I didn't get to play as much as I wanted on the last day unfortunately.

Anyway this thread might be better left alone until the game comes out.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Does that origin five dollar thing get you dlc access for games also? Because the idea of paying for BF1 with all DLC while also getting all the other EA games with it as a bonus for two and a half years sounds intriguing.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
I don't know if I can go without running around and stabbing people. Is hardline worth picking up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Monocled Falcon posted:

I don't know if I can go without running around and stabbing people. Is hardline worth picking up?

No