Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
if not probably just the stupidly strong weapons like tonkor, the blasty and make people bounce around and die weapon
nikana prime, poo poo like that,

also a focus on cc instead of trying to kill everything you see is a great way to not die from the one i've done.

multiple people used ash and loki through out. not on radiation stuff though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Assuming you mean going into a PUG and not a goon group, and therefore you may be paired up with idiots that can't pull their own weight:

1) Potatoed frame that is at least somewhat useful to the mission type, equipped with appropriate maxed basic (IE not primed) mods, leveled (maybe not maxed) corrupted mods, and augments if applicable. You don't have to bring Loki or Limbo to spy but stay out of the vaults if you do unless you know you can handle them.

2) 1 good rank 30 potatoed weapon, probably at least 1 - 2 forma depending on if it came with a slot already polarized or not.

As long as you can do one of the above, it's probably good enough. Do both and you're better than the average pubbie.

Also, corrosive projection vs grineer or any missions with an armored enemy that matters.

Speaking of armor, this is a good video for anyone new / unfamiliar with why enemy armor is the biggest scaling factor in higher level combat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWPkBAE6qE

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Sep 10, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have a frost with a potato in it and i've modded the hell out of a potatoed hek so it has like 9000+ damage listed, so i assume i'm at least mildly covered. have yet to get some corrupted mods and i haven't forma'd anything, but i guess i'm at least mildly prepared. should look into getting other weapons specced out for the restricted weapon sortie missions.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Yeah, a weapon of each class for weapon restrictions, and remember that Assault Rifles includes beams and launchers, while Sniper Rifles do not include bows or Opticor. I WAS going say "a good weapon of each class" but I'm one of those people who basically use sniper rifles as a mod container to power up Ivara's 4, so.
Also, a variety of frames that are at level 30 and you're familiar with. Like for your Frost, being aware of Snowglobe's absorption and stacking, also a globe strength/armor build is fine or even preferable for most situations, but a max range build can be very desirable on longer-duration missions against Grineer so the entire globe doesn't turn into a splash damage dudesacker because of Bombards and Napalms.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Or, if you're running sorties with goons, don't give a poo poo and bring Rhino and whatever guns, and work on keeping alive while being carried through.

Also never leave the frost bubble, no matter how tempting it may be.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Mithaldu posted:

Or, if you're running sorties with goons, don't give a poo poo and bring Rhino and whatever guns, and work on keeping alive while being carried through.
But also watch what other people are doing to be successful.

Then stealacquire it. :darvo:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Finally finished getting the parts for Nekros Prime. Turns out maxing Radiant relics and running 4 people with them CAN work wonders on the RNG.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Also, where's a good place to farm volatile runners for Sands of Inaros. Low level or high level infested missions?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also, where's a good place to farm volatile runners for Sands of Inaros. Low level or high level infested missions?
Just do any random infested invasion and you'll have it.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Fish Noise posted:

Is it consistent across multiple instances? Sometimes level gen fucks up and collides two tiles into each other. Pretty rare in my experience but occasionally you just come across a mountainside rammed through the middle of a room.

Haven't gotten that vault again since that one time but it seems I was the only one that got it so at least it's not a general bug in the update. I got something like 1100 hours in the game though and never experienced anything like it, which is why it surprised me so much.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Corpus maps bug out a lot for me but it's always something small like loot radar showing stuff that's outside the map with no way to reach it so it's generally not a big deal.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

There's always a way to reach that stuff, it just may not be immediately obvious.

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us
Weapons I have used with success in sortie missions:

Tonkor
Hek
Vaykor Hek
Sancti Tigris
Tigris Prime
Dread
Rakta Cernos
Vectis Prime
Vulkar Wraith

Atomos
Vaykor Marelok
Angstrum
Hikou Prime

Jat Kittag
Fragor Prime
Ack & Brunt
Broken-War
War

My approach tends to be pretty straightforward; most missions crumble in fear and pain when you bring a max-efficiency high-duration Nova Prime and a selection from the list above.

Know your lock puzzles, though, because that no-cipher bit sucks if you can't handle them.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Janana posted:

Know your lock puzzles, though, because that no-cipher bit sucks if you can't handle them.

Just go 3-2-1 outside, then spin the center until it clicks

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Morglon posted:

Corpus maps bug out a lot for me but it's always something small like loot radar showing stuff that's outside the map with no way to reach it so it's generally not a big deal.

Helter Skelter posted:

There's always a way to reach that stuff, it just may not be immediately obvious.
Yeah Corpus tiles have this boxiness that frequently allow you to radar into tiles that are physically near but not immediately connected to your current tile, and there's also a shitton of "what the hell I've never noticed this vent down there" locations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Moatman posted:

Just go 3-2-1 outside, then spin the center until it clicks

that's pretty much the way i've always tried to handle them, but sometimes even that goes a bit wrong due to something not hooking up the way i expected

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Do the outside first.

3 prongers always point at the center.
2 pronger obtuse angle ones always connect left and right.
2 pronger acute angles always connect one prong to the center and the other prong wants to connect to neighboring 3 prongers, then other 2 prongers, then 1 prongers in order of priority.
1 prongers want to connect to neighboring 3 prongers, then 2 prongers (that aren't already connected to a 3 or 2 pronger), then the center in order of priority.

Spin the center to win.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Take Intruder.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Thanks extractors

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Sandweed posted:

Thanks extractors

I would kill for a regular output of this exact sort. I need so much plastids and salvage :negative:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Man I've never forma'd any frame or gun and I never have a problem with sorties. Just use inaros and the vaykore weapons.

Ez mode

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

what the gently caress did you ever use salvage on i have so much of it.

i'd love it to be useful.

also i hate the level below the dojo components (deotnites etc) because you can only craft 1 per blue print so i never but them, so im just sitting on sooo many

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I'm going to laugh/be depressed when they finally release war within and all it is a three part mission with cutscenes involving your SPOILERS. No new mechanics with SPOILERS or anything. Which will be nice for LORE, but wouldn't be worth the months of delays. Oh and treasures, a thing they said would be ready a week after a dev stream a month ago, now just bundled with War Within apparently.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Managed to get 4 genius datums in one mission due to lucky smeeta procs and then the rescue target just gets deleted when I was 5s away from extraction, no bleedout timer or anything

Thanks DE

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Datamined syndicate melee: https://reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5240g1/datamined_syndicate_melee_weapon_details/

Looks like a lot of placeholder info, but scope those passives

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Datamining is theft! How dare you.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

PASSIVE: CHANCE TO RESIST + 50.00% (PER RANK)

i don't know what that means exactly, but i want me a steel meridian polearm

b00n
May 8, 2007
I suspect it means Chance to Resist Knockdown, which is great when you got a 2.0x Combo going, because then you're immune to knockdowns.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So is the hek+syndicate mod better than the Vaykor Hek?

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Nuebot posted:

So is the hek+syndicate mod better than the Vaykor Hek?

They're about equal, although I think the regular Hek may be a bit better, unless you have Primed Ravage for the Vaykor Hek. I prefer the Vaykor Hek anyways because it carries 8 shots instead of 4.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015

Penis Vanguard posted:

They're about equal, although I think the regular Hek may be a bit better, unless you have Primed Ravage for the Vaykor Hek. I prefer the Vaykor Hek anyways because it carries 8 shots instead of 4.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

With Normal ravage, the damage is comparable but slightly in favor of the standard Hek (I think)

With p ravage the Vaykor is definitely stronger per shot by a good margin.

But even in the first situation, doubling the mag is not a small bonus. Up to preference I'd say, but objectively the Vaykor is better when maxed

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So it got brought up in game chat about Tennogen and I recalled some guy making a corset for Valkyr complete with creepy skin-threading and I got yelled at to post about it in the thread.

I'll credit him this much, once you get past the creepiness it actually does have a good amount of work put into it, unlike some of the other ones that are just blatant, low-effort recolors.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you know what goes perfectly with someone who had their skin basically torn off and had their flesh exposed?

steampunk corset.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:cenobite: Such sights to show you... like this pretty dress! :keke:

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.
Looks like it has Valkyr or something similar embroidered on it in Orokin script as well.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Yo Helter, can you somehow send my guild Goatsquad an invitation to join the alliance?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Been hearing that the mara detrons hilarious for mag builds, how does one mod it?

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 11, 2016

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Doctor Goat posted:

Yo Helter, can you somehow send my guild Goatsquad an invitation to join the alliance?
Yeah I guess.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Nalesh posted:

Been hearing that the mara detrons hilarious for mag builds, how does one mod it?

If it's the one I've heard, max dera radiation and status, max magnetize size and duration. Magnetize a target in a crowd, disperse irradiated pellets into sphere liberally, bask in chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

The only weapons i think bad with mag are slow firing ones.

I like the simultor best because with or without magnetize everything is dying, magnetize just kills them harder and creates a don't pass the orb or die field for enemies.