Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Is Trump actually running ads in FL now? All I've seen are NRA ads for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

I wouldn't mind a pic of Hillary Clinton straddling the barrel of an M4 Sherman, honestly.

I was thinking more of an anti-aircraft gun, myself.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

unhealthy penchant for privacy

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Don't forget the magic free energy thing. As a scientist i delight in libertarian antiscience bullshit.

The best part about libertarian propaganda is that it's 100% dystopian even when they are writing fiction that they have absolute control over, because their utopia looks like a nightmare to any sane person.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So he's still trying to ride high on the 49 seconds of handing out useless toys to flood victims after being told to not interfere because he'd drain vital resources?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia. What's the cure for an unhealthy penchant for not letting us just literally film you 24/7 that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems, like us telling everyone you're about to die?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao this is incredible.

"You're racist, sexist, homophobic, and Islamophobic, right? Well Hillary Clinton called you deplorable! Vote Trump!"

If I were an undecided voter and I saw this ad it would turn me off Trump so fast, because it's basically saying "you're with us or against us" only the "us" is "tens of millions" of blatantly bigoted people, and then at the end just for good measure Donald Trump approves the message.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OH boy! I need to start watching my DTV subchannels for these!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"Hillary Clinton said that people who are racist are deplorable. You know, people like you! :downs:"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is Trump actually running ads in FL now? All I've seen are NRA ads for Trump.

Yes, I have seen actual Trump ads in FL, not just Super PAC ones.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lightning Knight posted:

Guys, I figured it out! I'm a genius! The problem is that we appoint LAWYERS to write LAW! :downs:

Quoting from a few pages back, but this makes me laugh because that is the exact logic Ron Johnson is using for "RE-ELECT ME!" (he also used it in 2010) while at the same time saying "WE HAVE TOO MANY CAREER POLITICIANS, BUT THIS IS ONLY MY SECOND TERM I'M GOING FOR, SO VOTE FOR ME :downs:."

Yes, show everyone how you gave out play-doh you orange gently caress.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
somebody please change their name to ANTIBIOTICS CURE PNEUMOIA

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

what i would really like to see is an ad that is pictures of people like david duke, preferably in full kkk gear and then quotes underneath them saying how much they love trump

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Real Foogla posted:

somebody please change their name to ANTIBIOTICS CURE PNEUMOIA

Well if it's caused by a bacterial infection, they do :smug:.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia. What's the cure for an unhealthy penchant for not letting us just literally film you 24/7 that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems, like us telling everyone you're about to die?

Axelrod's not wrong on this. By not revealing her pneumonia, Hillary ended up creating a more damaging situation for herself than if she had just revealed it to begin with.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

vyelkin posted:

lmao this is incredible.

"You're racist, sexist, homophobic, and Islamophobic, right? Well Hillary Clinton called you deplorable! Vote Trump!"

If I were an undecided voter and I saw this ad it would turn me off Trump so fast, because it's basically saying "you're with us or against us" only the "us" is "tens of millions" of blatantly bigoted people, and then at the end just for good measure Donald Trump approves the message.
You're not seeing it through the lens of a person who is used to being called a racist homophobic bigot.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Night10194 posted:

The best part about libertarian propaganda is that it's 100% dystopian even when they are writing fiction that they have absolute control over, because their utopia looks like a nightmare to any sane person.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Kilroy posted:

You're not seeing it through the lens of a person who is used to being called a racist homophobic bigot.

Would they be voting for Clinton in the first place? Is this ad aimed at getting new voters on the Trump train or securing his base? Because if I'm an undecided, I'm not sure that this does it (Do I want to be lumped in with loonies?).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kilroy posted:

People who are used to being called that are already voting Trump.

People who are waffling on the edge of Trump support may well be turned off by being lumped in with the above.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kilroy posted:

Yeah the point of the spot is to trigger white people that are racist but are really offended when they are called racist. Of course those people are mostly voting Trump but I could see some moderates saying "This Hillary has insulted me all I want is voter ID, a focus on legal immigration, and gay people to stop shoving their penises in my face."

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

DaveWoo posted:

Axelrod's not wrong on this. By not revealing her pneumonia, Hillary ended up creating a more damaging situation for herself than if she had just revealed it to begin with.

That's dumb bullshit thinking though. If she tells everyone on Friday she has pneumonia, they'd still spend a whole cycle being idiotic about it and asking how long she'd had it. He knows better and he knows if Obama had pneumonia on the trail, they wouldn't have said word one either unless they were forced to do it.

Radish posted:

Yeah the point of the spot is to trigger white people that are racist but are really offended when they are called racist. Of course those people are mostly voting Trump but I could see some moderates saying "This Hillary has insulted me all I want is voter ID, a focus on legal immigration, and gay people to stop shoving their penises in my face."

This is stupid.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/09/julian-assange-is-a-russian-front-man-not-a-freedom-fighter/#.V9LTcuBYC-E.facebook

Seems like a good Assange takedown but I can't remember if the Federalist is supposed to be bad.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

DaveWoo posted:

Again, it was a roll of the dice. If she hadn't had an incident on Sunday, it would have been the right call. Obviously with hindsight it was the wrong one, but the best outcome (that they were going for) was that they never had to say she was sick at all.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Yeah pretty much everything Trump does is about providing cover for his shithead supporters, and that includes this ad of course.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Radish posted:

Yeah, they tend to not consider themselves racist because they don't literally belong to the KKK and not homophobic because they don't want gay people beheaded. Despite wanting gay people to be invisible and private discrimination against black people to be legal. So they take being called racist or homophobic as an insult rather than as an opportunity for self-improvement.

There's probably quite a few wavering Democrat voters that are pretty racist and homophobic but vote Democrat because they like unions and healthcare. Trump wants to grab them.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
And the campaign is already giving the media the contrition they feel they're deserved, because political journalists are the dumbest, most entitled pricks on the planet.

https://twitter.com/jmpalmieri/status/775331567174582274

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yeah, they tend to not consider themselves racist because they don't literally belong to the KKK and not homophobic because they don't want gay people beheaded. Despite wanting gay people to be invisible and private discrimination against black people to be legal. So they take being called racist or homophobic as an insult rather than as an opportunity for self-improvement.

There's probably quite a few wavering Democrat voters that are pretty racist and homophobic but vote Democrat because they like unions and healthcare. Trump wants to grab them.

There aren't enough of those voters (hint: they're white men) to matter.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

greatn posted:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/09/julian-assange-is-a-russian-front-man-not-a-freedom-fighter/#.V9LTcuBYC-E.facebook

Seems like a good Assange takedown but I can't remember if the Federalist is supposed to be bad.

They are 'traditionally conservative' or whatever where they aren't always reprehensible and when they are they pretend it's for some higher principal.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hard to believe that the campaign didn't disclose a minor, treatable illness into a political climate full of insane wingnut speculation about her Morgellons while her male counterpart calls her "unpresidential" and questions her "stamina".

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Calling a white person racist/sexist/homophobic is just like calling someone the corresponding words that start with n/c/f in the pathetic, half-functioning brain of the deplorable.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I loving loathe the god drat double standards of this election. gently caress Trump, and gently caress the media for propping up his lovely Cheeto-dust covered face.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I loving loathe the god drat double standards of this election. gently caress Trump, and gently caress the media for propping up his lovely Cheeto-dust covered face.

Yeah, but sometimes they get a zinger in:
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/775110996071424001
It's very much love/hate here.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Hard to believe that the campaign didn't disclose a minor, treatable illness into a political climate full of insane wingnut speculation about her Morgellons while her male counterpart calls her "unpresidential" and questions her "stamina".

lol

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

greatn posted:

I enjoyed it and think it's basically correct, but Tom Nichols is your typical sort of Republican National Security Hawk (he's been vocally opposed to Trump and has said he would vote for HC if he lived in a swing state, but he also strongly dislikes her so make of that what you will) and therefore the sort of people actually inclined to defend Assange (far left and far right cranks) won't pay it any heed. Him trashing on Snowden a bit is likely to turn some people off as well.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Just in case you're wondering if dumb young people are still being stupid about Bernie Sanders:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/young-millennials-love-obama-but-clinton-is-struggling-to-win-them-over/

It's one of the only major demographics where she's not doing better than Obama did, and I'm pretty sure it's all dumb "DWS took our democracy" nonsense

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well you know me I hate Snowden too and think he belongs in a courtroom

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Y'all ready for some hardcore equivocating? Both sides have become more extreme! Trump is more centrist than previous Republican nominees on the whole! Oh, you want to see my data?

quote:

Across all five issues, the average distance between Democratic and Republican core partisans increased by almost one-third between 1980 and 2012, from 26 points to 34 points on a 100-point scale. On average, the Democratic base moved 1.5 points further to the left of swing voters, while the Republican base moved 6.5 points further to the right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/12/o...eft-region&_r=0

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

DemeaninDemon posted:

Calling a white person racist/sexist/homophobic is just like calling someone the corresponding words that start with n/c/f in the pathetic, half-functioning brain of the deplorable.

Exactly why the media aviods like the plague, even if the person the are talking to is spewing slurs and calling for genocide.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

theflyingorc posted:

Just in case you're wondering if dumb young people are still being stupid about Bernie Sanders:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/young-millennials-love-obama-but-clinton-is-struggling-to-win-them-over/

It's one of the only major demographics where she's not doing better than Obama did, and I'm pretty sure it's all dumb "DWS took our democracy" nonsense

I had someone compare Hillary and Bernie as follows: "Hillary asks for gas money, Bernie gives you a ride for free."

Clearly they hadn't seen the tax plans, but alas.

Also, remember that stuff in Philly where Romney got 0 votes in some area? The Philly GOP head is sick of hearing of that:
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/775335815106920448
To you, good sir, you get my respect for today.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

greatn posted:

Well you know me I hate Snowden too and think he belongs in a courtroom

I'm not a big fan of him either, especially since he's now got pretty questionable connections with Russia and China, but he's still a darling among some on the left (and in libertarian circles, presumably).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

I think Bernie takes a small portion of blame for the way in which he ended his campaign by stubbornly holding on and casting doubt on the process but I think it has more to do with a generation of people who only know Hillary from the Republican attack bullshit, clouding their perception of her and, in general, a generation that views people like her with a great deal of contempt.

• Locked thread