Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I'm guessing the right one was the result of the instruction "I want an ice lolly I can shove up my rear end."

I was going to say, that one looks like an ice block. Disarmingly cute and colourful.

So of course someone wants to ram that as far up their rear end as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Puntl is in hand I repeat puntl is in hand.

It's a very strong glow. Now, to design the plinth.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 12, 2016

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
OH M Y GOD /checks the mail

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

No sense of right or wrong.

Geirskogul posted:

Puntl is in hand I repeat puntl is in hand.

It's a very strong glow. Now, to design the plinth.

Woooow, the Post Office estimate told me that wouldn't arrive until Friday! You're across the country from me and it pretty much teleported.

Lesson learned: the USPS does not want dildos in its hands any longer than utterly necessary.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Or perhaps you should not underestimate the subtle magics of the glowing elf dick.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It wanted to be found

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Has Stephen Colbert ordered one? Can you breach confidentiality and confirm/deny?

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Trevor Hale posted:

Has Stephen Colbert ordered one? Can you breach confidentiality and confirm/deny?

I wondered if anyone would ask whether I've sold to a celebrity. It would be really unethical for me to tell, though. Customer confidentiality is a big deal when adult toys are involved.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

So, emphatic yes

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

TheChaosPath posted:

So, emphatic yes

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tamarillo posted:

I was going to say, that one looks like an ice block. Disarmingly cute and colourful.

So of course someone wants to ram that as far up their rear end as possible.

An icy cold dildo up the butt sounds refreshing on a hot day

halenaw
Jul 10, 2014
I'm just here to say that I'll probably attempt to sneak the elf dick into my flesh purse when I visit elise.

JUST TRY TO STOP ME ELISE! JUST TRY!!!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

halenaw posted:

sneak the elf dick into my flesh purse

:froggonk:

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 13, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkD1scIkKw

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I hosed up my address so the elf dick is gonna take EVEN LONGER to get to me /cries

I guess it's safe from flesh purses for another week or so at least.

Anyway if Steven Colbert is here somewhere, lurking quietly, I just want to apologize for my existence and ask for absolution for my gross thoughts about elves.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Stephen Colbert is such a huge LOTR nerd that he got Williams (I think) to re-issue a LOTR pinball machine. Rumor has it that the footage on How It's Made about pinball machines is them building his special order one.

As long as your mythos and knowledge is solid, I don't think he'd complain, actually.

E: where I'm storing it for now. Don't worry, it's a flat-top LED bulb, very low heat. Though it is literally right at the opening of the front door.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Dildomancer posted:

I wondered if anyone would ask whether I've sold to a celebrity. It would be really unethical for me to tell, though. Customer confidentiality is a big deal when adult toys are involved.

Can you confirm/deny whether you've sold to a celebrity in general? Sort of like how Elise can tell hospital horror stories as long as there's no identifying info (my partner used to work in medical billing and our former roommate was a pharmacy tech, I know all about HIPAA.)

If you were to hypothetically make a thing for a celebrity, would you put extra care into it, or just treat it like any other order?

And now that's got me wondering if there's a silicone copy of the AMPAS trophy out there, and as a corollary, whether an Academy Award winner has ever stuck their actual Oscar in themselves (and/or a partner). Surely somebody has. :v:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Now that's proudly erect and loving lit if I ever saw one.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Delivery McGee posted:

Can you confirm/deny whether you've sold to a celebrity in general? Sort of like how Elise can tell hospital horror stories as long as there's no identifying info (my partner used to work in medical billing and our former roommate was a pharmacy tech, I know all about HIPAA.)

If you were to hypothetically make a thing for a celebrity, would you put extra care into it, or just treat it like any other order?

And now that's got me wondering if there's a silicone copy of the AMPAS trophy out there, and as a corollary, whether an Academy Award winner has ever stuck their actual Oscar in themselves (and/or a partner). Surely somebody has. :v:

Everyone gets the same amount of effort and care, and that's all I'm going to say on that subject.

On a completely different note, I just finished making a tentacle. It's really only a tentacle in a very loose sense; you just cap one end of a PVC pipe and pour silicone in the other. This particular tentacle is 3' long and 1" wide, made of 00-20 (super soft) silicone.

A moderate tug is sufficient to stretch it to ~5x its original size. Tentacles this soft are better suited to impact play and light bondage than to penetration.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Besides, you're not allowed to make a u-turn in one.

(possibly :nws: if you know the context)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dildomancer would you be able to make a silicon octopus with tentacles and suckers and poo poo so it could stick to the inside of a car window like those old Garfield toys or would that be too complicated?

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Carth Dookie posted:

Dildomancer would you be able to make a silicon octopus with tentacles and suckers and poo poo so it could stick to the inside of a car window like those old Garfield toys or would that be too complicated?

I think that would be beyond my abilities. That's something that would be much better suited to a two-part mold, because with a one-part mold, you'd inevitably end up with a whole mess of bubbles.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Apparently I have puntl in the mail!

I've never ordered something like this before, and I'm impressed with how well it came out, Dildomancer! On to the part people actually want to see. Apologies for the dark shots, my camera is a potato, especially with only glowing elf dong to light shots!

Behold, the puntl! I like how the blue came out a lot.

Side shot, with soda can for scale. This thing's not small.

Now to unleash the POWER! :black101:

Turning off the light...

Thing's got some serious glow to it!

Even after 5 minutes while I dicked around with the camera, it was still glowing strong.

The pictures don't do the glow justice, it was a lot brighter in person. I haven't quite decided what to do with this thing yet, but I think it may find its way into the background of a friend's Halloween party this year. Should be spectacular under blacklight.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

The mold is being remade in a different, completely random color scheme. Making the mold isn't quite as much fun as making a dildo (mostly because it's so expensive), but it's a logistical challenge, and I enjoy logistical challenges. Essentially, you should pour one continuous cylinder of firm silicone. However, you can only degas ~300cc at a time, and a typical mold is a liter or three, so you have to juggle around 3 bowls, 2 measuring cups, 2 spoons, 2 containers of silicone, and 2 vacuum chambers while manipulating cure times with a heat gun to ensure that you can clean the fast-dried silicone off your equipment and mix another batch before the layer you just poured cures.

I enjoy figuring this out so much! The careful choreography, the tricky pours, the relief when it's finally done... it's SO much better than the drudgery of my day job.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Have you ever tried making a mold around unbaked sculpey? It sounds dumb but I saw a dude on youtube who used unbaked sculpey to make half of a two-part mold (not the sculpture itself) and I assume it means you can use at least some of the clay afterward? I haven't tried it myself but I'm curious and dongs seem like they'd be sturdy enough for it to work.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Radio! posted:

Have you ever tried making a mold around unbaked sculpey? It sounds dumb but I saw a dude on youtube who used unbaked sculpey to make half of a two-part mold (not the sculpture itself) and I assume it means you can use at least some of the clay afterward? I haven't tried it myself but I'm curious and dongs seem like they'd be sturdy enough for it to work.

I have done that, yes. The silicone curing around the Sculpey makes it brittle somehow, so you'd have to add some more oil to it before reusing, but that's not a huge deal. The downside is that you don't have your model anymore, and if the mold gets ruined/lost (or just comes out badly and you don't realize it), you have to start from scratch.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
Does uncured silicone bond with cured silicone as well as other uncured silicon? Like if you pour a toy in parts (letting it cure in between) does it make a good strong connection?

I know you said you have to use plenty of release agent but I'm curious how layered you can get with colors and different types of silicone in a single piece.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

fordham posted:

Does uncured silicone bond with cured silicone as well as other uncured silicon? Like if you pour a toy in parts (letting it cure in between) does it make a good strong connection?

I know you said you have to use plenty of release agent but I'm curious how layered you can get with colors and different types of silicone in a single piece.

Alright, here is a handy list. Keep in mind these are all for good platinum-cure silicone. Cheap sex shop dicks may not follow the same rules.

Cured (solid) silicone and cured silicone will not stick to each other. You can keep two fresh dongs in a drawer together, touching, for ages and they will never bond.
Cured silicone in contact with uncured (liquid) silicone may or may not adhere. If the cured silicone has release agent or skin oil or water on it, the two will not bond. If the cured silicone is clean, they will likely bond, and tightly. They will only come apart via determined peeling or very strong tension. Rough silicone will have a better bond than smooth silicone.
Uncured silicone will bond deeply with other uncured silicone even if they are different firmnesses. This extends to partially cured (tacky) silicone, so long as you don't mess up and blast some release agent in there.

So, if you are going to make a layered toy, you have two choices:

1) Pour it all in one long session. Pour a layer, let it get a bit tacky, pour the next, etc.
2) Pour it in separate sessions but be VERY careful that it stays clean.

A follow-up question might be, "how much release agent is enough to prevent uncured silicone from adhering to cured silicone?" The answer is: 3 generous coats for a new mold, and 1 coat per dong after its first use. Use the spray bottle and hit it like you're misting a baking sheet with cooking oil spray. The vapor sinks so it will tend to settle at the bottom. Don't let it accumulate there or silicone at the tip of the mold won't cure properly. Put the mold upside-down as the release agent dries. Don't pour silicone immediately after spraying release agent.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Have you ever used your powers to make something other than sex toys and fish?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bet he could make pretty cool masks if he wanted, i have an idea for the nose

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dildomancer posted:

Might be better using a triaxial test as if it were clay or soil.

Hmm.

...hmmmmmm.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Artisanal Elvish attention to craftsmanship

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

RandomPauI posted:

Have you ever used your powers to make something other than sex toys and fish?

I'll be making some squishy fossils soon. I think it'd be cool to put one or two in my violently fluorescent fish tank. Other than that, nothing planned.

Fauxtool posted:

i bet he could make pretty cool masks if he wanted, i have an idea for the nose

Is it a dick?

I've got a friend who's going to be making silicone masks. If you pour it against a textured surface, it can pick up a really detailed texture, such as rubber or brushed metal.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dildomancer posted:

I'll be making some squishy fossils soon. I think it'd be cool to put one or two in my violently fluorescent fish tank. Other than that, nothing planned.

Is it a dick?

I've got a friend who's going to be making silicone masks. If you pour it against a textured surface, it can pick up a really detailed texture, such as rubber or brushed metal.

hey nice, my fish are going in an aquarium :D

and yes its a dick nose

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I'm just chipping in here that I started reading this thread for entertainment (thanks Elise!) but I'm actually learning new stuff, too - I'm not an aspiring dildomaker but I've recently gotten into casting resin and plaster miniature parts with silicon molds and dabbled in making my own molds. This is all sorts of useful information right here.

Dildomancer, actual question here - I've been thinking of getting my hands on a degassing chamber to make my casts a bit more solid/professional but I live in Finland and most US sellers won't actually ship over here. Is there a particular model you'd recommend getting that I should try and hunt for? Volume-wise I doubt I'll be doing much more than about a cup's worth of silicon or resin mix in one go - these are 28mm scale model parts I'm talking of and a two-part 'sprue' mold that makes, say, five helmets ends up about the size of a chocolate bar.

Also, I'm aware that you likely haven't dabbled with two-part epoxy resin much, but are you aware of any reason why I couldn't pop the whole mold, filled with degassed resin, into the vacuum chamber and let it sit there for around fifteen minutes for the initial set? I had an impression that would help to suck out any little bubbles that get trapped into the mold cavities out, or would that just make things worse?

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 15, 2016

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Dildomancer posted:

Is it a dick?

I am psychic and reading Fauxtool's mind, so

It's a tengu mask!

So definitely yes.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NachtSieger posted:

I am psychic and reading Fauxtool's mind, so

It's a tengu mask!

So definitely yes.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Drake_263 posted:

I'm just chipping in here that I started reading this thread for entertainment (thanks Elise!) but I'm actually learning new stuff, too - I'm not an aspiring dildomaker but I've recently gotten into casting resin and plaster miniature parts with silicon molds and dabbled in making my own molds. This is all sorts of useful information right here.

Dildomancer, actual question here - I've been thinking of getting my hands on a degassing chamber to make my casts a bit more solid/professional but I live in Finland and most US sellers won't actually ship over here. Is there a particular model you'd recommend getting that I should try and hunt for? Volume-wise I doubt I'll be doing much more than about a cup's worth of silicon or resin mix in one go - these are 28mm scale model parts I'm talking of and a two-part 'sprue' mold that makes, say, five helmets ends up about the size of a chocolate bar.

Also, I'm aware that you likely haven't dabbled with two-part epoxy resin much, but are you aware of any reason why I couldn't pop the whole mold, filled with degassed resin, into the vacuum chamber and let it sit there for around fifteen minutes for the initial set? I had an impression that would help to suck out any little bubbles that get trapped into the mold cavities out, or would that just make things worse?

Be warned that my experience begins and ends with silicone, but here is the information I can offer.

For the vacuum chambers, I just went on Amazon and picked a highly rated seller that was nearby. It happened to be a company named Pro-Vac. Vacuum chambers aren't really high-tech. They're basically a thick-walled saucepan with its handle(s) cut off plus a polycarbonate lid. The only truly fragile part is the gauge on top. So I'd just look for something nearby, and if you can't find anything retail, look for something used.

As for putting the mold in the vacuum chamber as it cures, I definitely do not recommend this. I tried it for a small toy and it came out very badly. When in a vacuum chamber, the bubbles inevitably imbedded in the silicone swell up to a much larger size, and if it cures like that, you're going to get a puffy, porous toy scale model that resembles a sponge. Degas before you pour, maybe degas the mold after pouring (but it will spill, so use extra silicone), do not keep the mold in a vacuum as it cures.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Dildomancer posted:

Be warned that my experience begins and ends with silicone, but here is the information I can offer.

For the vacuum chambers, I just went on Amazon and picked a highly rated seller that was nearby. It happened to be a company named Pro-Vac. Vacuum chambers aren't really high-tech. They're basically a thick-walled saucepan with its handle(s) cut off plus a polycarbonate lid. The only truly fragile part is the gauge on top. So I'd just look for something nearby, and if you can't find anything retail, look for something used.

As for putting the mold in the vacuum chamber as it cures, I definitely do not recommend this. I tried it for a small toy and it came out very badly. When in a vacuum chamber, the bubbles inevitably imbedded in the silicone swell up to a much larger size, and if it cures like that, you're going to get a puffy, porous toy scale model that resembles a sponge. Degas before you pour, maybe degas the mold after pouring (but it will spill, so use extra silicone), do not keep the mold in a vacuum as it cures.

This makes sense, thank you very much! I just did a google and found some notes on a modelmaking site - if I really wanted to be 'super professional' I'd get a pressure chamber to cure the molds in. This compresses the air bubbles and makes them (seem to) disappear - though it's not quite as useful for flexible materials like silicon where the bubble will just try to expand when you remove it from a pressurized environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhurak
Nov 12, 2007

Playing music in the key of HIP!
Fun Shoe
Puntl showed up. Hell of a thing to return to after a 30 hour shift. Made my day. Pictures to follow.

• Locked thread