Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i was triggered pretty hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

Eonwe posted:

i was triggered pretty hard

please stop responding this isn't abiut you its about the comeback of the greatest server owner and admin team this site has ever seen. Pope has the leadership style of Arkan and the fashion sense of Gaddafi

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Pol Pot in pink lamé

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
please can the uncool posters just go back to being cucked by their fat wives

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can you go back to not being such a tryhard at insults

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

K8.0 posted:

Most important of all we won't be seeing instant respawn instant vehicle respawn 1000 ticket servers take over the game within a month.

We ran into one worse while trying to find a server Chrono wasn't banned from. Vehicles only spawned once. On a rush server. Pretty ure we got booted pretty quick once we started mocking the admins about it. That poo poo's almost as bad as the tacticool crouch servers and no hipfiring bullshit.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

Eonwe posted:

whats your favorite server?

oh i dont know, the one where the admin calls people faggots

This but unironically

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

can you go back to not being such a tryhard at insults

im glad of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i am too

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
people like this guy wont be allowed on the server but if anyone wants a cool place to hang out and discuss the newest CP stars and cutest guys we'll be there

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
darn. ill be really sad that i cant play that. im owned.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Did I just witness an attempted fatwife own in the wild? I was right to start reading this thread.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Oppenheimer posted:

people like this guy wont be allowed on the server but if anyone wants a cool place to hang out and discuss the newest CP stars and cutest guys we'll be there

Am I allowed?

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay
yes

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
After a long hiatus i try to grace my old battlefield buddies and all im met with is a bunch of bluepilled sodomites

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
Been playing BF4. Assault Rifles really kill gameplay. Hold crosshairs over target, click mouse, target flops over.

At least inaccurate DMRs take some skill.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Monocled Falcon posted:

Been playing BF4. Assault Rifles really kill gameplay. Hold crosshairs over target, click mouse, target flops over.

Yeah, that's what instantly got to me while playing 4. It felt really heavily-designed around controller play, because there's no chance anyone playing that with 100% of the players using M+K didn't go "holy poo poo, there is literally nowhere to take cover."

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Cool

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Plan Z posted:

Yeah, that's what instantly got to me while playing 4. It felt really heavily-designed around controller play, because there's no chance anyone playing that with 100% of the players using M+K didn't go "holy poo poo, there is literally nowhere to take cover."

sux2bUandBad

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
It is my one wish that they make the game even more optimized. I was able to run Battlefront: The Star War, but BF1 stuttered like crazy on this old computer. Bummer since an upgrade isn't affordable for me right now. There's always BF4 I guess.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

SeanBeansShako posted:

Big rear end Zeppelin's did exist and they did some bombing raids on London, It was quite a moment turning war for the average person from 'a thing that soldiers do far away' to 'holy poo poo, total war can actually harm us despite not being soldiers or over there now!'

Not sure about the flying low and machine gunning dudes however.

The first Zeppelin to be shot down by incendiary ammunition happened 100 years ago last week: https://youtu.be/YFObCTOdVX8

And a tiny bit of armoured train details are touched on in their ww1 Tank development video from yesterday: https://youtu.be/zjj13U-j0_g

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

K8.0 posted:

Yes. There's even a scout gadget that lets you sit completely out of line of sight and look at people, so you can be even more useless.

That gadget outlines anyone you spot with it in red. This makes it a huge help in spotting for your aircraft and tanks.

The American ballon killer https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luke I hope we get a skin and load out for him. It would be quite fitting in the game.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Monocled Falcon posted:

And people say BF1 is like Battlefront :rolleyes:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

moist turtleneck posted:

I bet if you blew up an armored train back then with a bunch of land mines it wouldn't cause your whole existence to crash into nothingness

How do you think America has won the war?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Speaking of the US, I am kind of interested to see how they'll look in the game now. I'm also curious at the voice acting for the US soldiers with the accents?

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Monocled Falcon posted:

Can I get the version of BF4 you've been playing, it sounds like a good change of pace from BF4's normal gameplay of dodging hill wookies, idiots with DMRs that can't aim and LMGs everywhere. Would make my ASVAL antics easier.

BF1 related question though, have they said if there's going to be all class weapons aside from the pistol? If I'm going to play JJ Abrams' attempt at a Battlefield game and stick with my AT habits, I'd like a gun that that didn't feel like a clunky piece of poo poo. Especially since we don't have flashbangs and tasers to just play Axe Cop hero like in Hardline.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The slug shotgun was surprisingly great for me in the beta. It's just weird to get used to, and you have to swap to your pistol to finish people off.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

sarmhan posted:

The slug shotgun was surprisingly great for me in the beta. It's just weird to get used to, and you have to swap to your pistol to finish people off.

that was the easiest way to play an aggressive scout as well- get in that first shot for 98 damage or whatever and then finish them off by slightly grazing them with your pistol

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Digirat posted:

Holy poo poo 2142 is coming on the 23rd. I think my disc is still around. I'm ready. I'm fuckin ready

We should make a BF2/2142 thread

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The autos in BF1 struck me as much more foolproof than ARs in BF4. The entire meta of BF4's gunplay is to burst fire 2-4 rounds based on the distance, and just know when to do so. Meanwhile, the Assault and Support weapons in BF1 are designed to be fired full auto; the submachine guns get high spread upfront and slowly regain spread if you stop firing so they're best suited for hosing, while the auto rifles of the Support gain accuracy while firing. BF1's system is easier to understand because there's less you have to think about every time you shoot at someone.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 13, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

that was the easiest way to play an aggressive scout as well- get in that first shot for 98 damage or whatever and then finish them off by slightly grazing them with your pistol

Battlefield 1 really wants you to use your melee or your sidearm in sticky situations, and I'm okay with that.

some art of the dogtags has been leaked, if you want to spoil yourself have a peek.

The shape is legit British Army WW1 dog tags too.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Segmentation Fault posted:

We should make a BF2/2142 thread

Until then: something else I really miss from 2142 along besides the lack of jets was the emplaced AA on the ground. The attack aircraft things were good, but if they hung about in one area for too long you could always sneak over into one of those and gently caress them straight up. Much better than relying on engineers to carry ineffective MANPADS around and forgo anti-tank weapons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Speaking of AA, getting into and using the old style AA guns in the beta is still a drat load of fun.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Stationary AA that can actually kill planes (and other things to boot) is a first for the battlefield series

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

SeanBeansShako posted:

Battlefield 1 really wants you to use your melee or your sidearm in sticky situations, and I'm okay with that.

some art of the dogtags has been leaked, if you want to spoil yourself have a peek.

The shape is legit British Army WW1 dog tags too.

I scrolled pretty fast but I didn't see a hotdog or bill cosby in there

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Bohemian Nights posted:

Stationary AA that can actually kill planes (and other things to boot) is a first for the battlefield series

And even then, with St Quentin which had like 5 AA gus + plus one at each deployment in a much smaller map, people rarely used them.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.

Bohemian Nights posted:

The AA in 1942 was pretty decent. It was great at taking out planes and tanks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Fun IRL fact, the first versions of those guns were used by the Boers in the Boer War and the dum dum rounds they fired were fired on British soldiers. Boy that war was fulla war crimes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

Fun IRL fact, the first versions of those guns were used by the Boers in the Boer War and the dum dum rounds they fired were fired on British soldiers. Boy that war was fulla war crimes!

All is fair in love and war.

- Ed of Cowboy Bebop fame