Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Hmm, it looks like having a string of really bad shows going into football season was really stupid

It's pretty funny how they started this big angle with HHH and Stephanie and then they can't be on TV because they don't want to be associated with the NFL ratings drop. It's Hollywood Hogan level poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
You would think a company that's been around for this long would know awful ratings like this aren't the fault of the champion but I Guess We'll Have To Wait And See

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im so sorry but is Smackdown Live day!!!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I love SmackDown Live

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Super Ninja Fish posted:

As a goon who enjoyed the Star Wars/9-11 photoshops and tribute.avi and other 9/11 comedy and entertainment, I think Jindal should have a terrrorist gimmick.

He would get the most heel heat ever.
I'm not sure Bobby Jindal wants that kind of heat. :D

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DoctorGonzo posted:

Smackdown has a chance to beat Raw on the ratings? And if that happens what they would do?

vince starts spite booking smackdown

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is Renee exclusive to Smackdown?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

vince starts spite booking smackdown

He already tried to inject it with poison. He and the N....W....Oooooooo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Good news folks: HHH timed his return to be with the Cruiserweights debut and will once again save wrestling.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

It's really weird how this is consistently the only wrestling board I go to that tends to hate roman's matches. Like even loving Stroud said the match was "DOPE". I guess Scott Keith hates his matches, but like, Scott Keith would hate his matches.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Alain Post posted:

Good news folks: HHH timed his return to be with the Cruiserweights debut and will once again save wrestling.

The cruiserweights will carry Triple H into the arena on a sedan chair.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Alain Post posted:

It's really weird how this is consistently the only wrestling board I go to that tends to hate roman's matches. Like even loving Stroud said the match was "DOPE". I guess Scott Keith hates his matches, but like, Scott Keith would hate his matches.

some people here still hate john cena

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Alain Post posted:

Only chumps and marks like things, friend.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think people tend to underrate Romans in ring performance because they hate him but that match last night was a snoozefest

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Does Scott Keith actually like anything though? He seems like the web 1.0 prototype of the modern "angry" "cynical" YouTuber.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Roman Rules and anyone who thinks he's bad I got two words for ya. Your Wrong

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

That DICK! posted:

I think people tend to underrate Romans in ring performance because they hate him but that match last night was a snoozefest

in that roman literally slept through it

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ostentatious posted:

some people here still hate john cena

these people should be named and shamed imo

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I think the match last night was fine it was just super predictable and the definition of a 'Raw main event' so it's not a surprise people didn't like it

Roman mostly has good matches, but his character sucks, his promos suck, and there are a million other guys on the roster who can also have good matches so meh

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Delsaber posted:

Does Scott Keith actually like anything though? He seems like the web 1.0 prototype of the modern "angry" "cynical" YouTuber.

does he still defend chris benoit

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I honestly think Roman is boring in the ring. I'm not saying he can't get it done but he is like the least engaging dude in ring. Oh cool Roman you did 8 superman punches. The crowd doesn't like him, he doesn't really do anything interesting or cool. He just wrestles typical wwe style matches.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Netcop

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

DukeofCA posted:

Take Rovert's advice and stop day drinking.

Day drinking rules though

The_Rob posted:

It's funny too because not only was his match that night with Kalisto really awesome. I remember saying that him going out there and using every heel tactic in the book was the first time I was ever interested in Ryback. It makes so much sense that the wwe wants you to not actually be interested in a wrestler.

Remember that Vince wants the WWE brand to be the draw and not the individual wrestlers and that perspective justifies all their horrible baffling decisions in his mind.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oldpainless posted:

Is Renee exclusive to Smackdown?

Yeth

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im so sorry but is Smackdown Live day!!!

This is a work of beauty

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

Day drinking rules though

It's almost as good as that Miz/Ziggler match, which is really good

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Alain Post posted:

roman is very good at wrestling wwe style matches, but a lot of people in this thread seem to dislike wwe style matches despite their continued devotion to the product

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Does Roman know any wrestling moves? I just see him punching and kicking people. He sucks imo.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Chris James 2 posted:

Remember when wwe did the Muhammad Hassan character, and had him and hooded people beat up (and I think abduct) Taker the night after hooded terrorists beheaded some people publicly
Not that it makes it any better, but it was filmed a few days before the London Bombings and then aired the day after, I think? But if we're convinced having a Sikh portray a Sikh the day after the anniversary of 9/11 is some sort of coded message, the fact that it was a different terrorist attack and was before the terrorist attack hardly matters.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Delsaber posted:

Scott Keith hates anyone who is big.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Triple H will return to Raw next week in the same hour as the cruiserweights debut

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm not a good poster

I'm not a bad poster

I am...a.poo poo poster

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Does Roman know any wrestling moves? I just see him punching and kicking people. He sucks imo.

the powerbomb that he can't actually do

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Now that we have 11 different titles held by 15 different men and women it's hard to pick who is my favorite.

Eh it's probably Rusev.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's almost as good as that Miz/Ziggler match, which is really good

It was pretty good sure, which is more than I can say for just about any Miz OR Ziggler match in a really long time

Ryan Ward is a magician

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/775802204502368256

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I have a longstanding bias for wrestlers who mostly punch people. Jerry Lawler is my GOAT.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

looooooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Roman has my favorite wrestling move: The Sleeper. No not the sleeper hold, I mean he just sleeps during a match. It's a good thing it's my favorite move, too, because he uses is 5-10 times a match!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the powerbomb that he can't actually do

Yes that's my second favorite.

• Locked thread