Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Tanks respawn, of loving course the field pieces should too. This isn't a hard design decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Delacroix posted:

I don't know why dice avoids bringing back good features from previous games but stationary weapons should respawn if destroyed. It shouldn't require reinventing the wheel for age-old problems.

It's impressive that grabbing ammunition from teammates has never come back after hardline.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

SeanBeansShako posted:

It makes no sense because well, unless the structure they are mounted on can be knocked out you can have invincible heavy machine guns like the ones at D.

The stationary weapons, for all intentions and purposes, are vehicles with a separate health pool. In previous titles they can be destroyed completely. The HMG emplacements inside D's train carriage should be no different. In BC2 they had full body shields which stopped small arms, were placed in good spots (i.e murder waves of attackers) and they respawned if blown up. Being placed in exposed positions, it's the least dice can do.

For everything else like field cannons and static AA, just make the patch of dirt underneath them undeformable like the physical flag on each capture point.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Chronojam posted:

It's impressive that grabbing ammunition from teammates has never come back after hardline.

It'd have been much appreciated if somebody could hand me a spare grenade or clip or two during the beta when holding certain points, especially since barely anyone played support.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Can you please stop talking sensibly, it's kind of triggering

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

Can you please stop talking sensibly, it's kind of triggering

In other news, I am pleased we can clamber awkwardly onto vehicles and surf them again like in 1942! It's a shame we never tried this in Beta with planes with my small circle of goon squad friends.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

that was the easiest way to play an aggressive scout as well- get in that first shot for 98 damage or whatever and then finish them off by slightly grazing them with your pistol

Bit late but I made a video of a full round doing this with the M.95 Rifleman and M1911 because i'm 75% sure the lever rifle for the Scout was bugged and had some wierd delay, making it slower than the M95:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7di-O3CEn0k

I didn't realise how many of my kills were from the "kill assist counts as kill" poo poo.

(Had to remove the audio as well because Shadowplay captured mumble and not my mic so it was just my friend talking to himself. Tried to make a song loop perfectly so it fit the video but turns out its impossible so I had it play twice but it didn't cover the full video. cheers)

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Nice video, I think I miss the beta the most for the M.95, such a fun weapon. Assault Recon is a fun class, especially with Flash Flares.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Nice video, I think I miss the beta the most for the M.95, such a fun weapon. Assault Recon is a fun class, especially with Flash Flares.

Flash cooking pubbies who thought they got you with the upgraded Flare gun was fun!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

In other news, I am pleased we can clamber awkwardly onto vehicles and surf them again like in 1942! It's a shame we never tried this in Beta with planes with my small circle of goon squad friends.

Somewhere, I've got video of that, including riding a light tank on a fighter plane. It's awesome to just ride into combat on a tank and rumor has it that they were going to add some kind of hand hold system.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SeanBeansShako posted:

On that note, It's pretty nice you get credit for knocking out and disabling parts on vehicles as well as telling snipers to gently caress off and a bunch of other things. I just hope they bring back tickets.

Tickets are poo poo, they aren't coming back.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Some information about the post release map they are dropping in December after release:

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Monocled Falcon posted:

Team deathmatch or Rush. Either one, everybody runs medic, everybody uses aek-971 or m416. Ina game at the end of it's lifespan, I expect everybody to have gravitied to the 'best' options, but it's so unsatisfying.

I'm not looking for a game where killing people is this multi-phase QTE, but I'm tired of guns with no frigging impact to them. if nothing else, the sound design of BF1 seems loads better over BF4.

Don't play TDM in a Battlefield game, none of the maps are ever well thought out for them. In Rush, I saw far, far more hill wookies and Supports because KDR. Engineer is where it was at in BF4 anyway, Carbine/DMR, rocket of choice and mines if you're an rear end in a top hat or repair tool if you've got friends/are a team player for some reason.

Are they bringing back the perk sets? If I can get more rounds for the AT Rocket Rifle, I'll probably have double the playtime in Assault than any other class, just like in 4. Looks like the 870 reskin is going to be my goto weapon this time rather than the ASVAL too.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
My secret shame is that I play battlefield is for the preanimated takedown animations. They just look so cool. Team deathmatch is nice cause I can get tags and still not screw over my team by going negative.

Any other goon knifers out there?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Monocled Falcon posted:

My secret shame is that I play battlefield is for the preanimated takedown animations. They just look so cool. Team deathmatch is nice cause I can get tags and still not screw over my team by going negative.

Except going negative in TDM does hurt your team since kdr actually matters. As long as you jump on the capture point on Conquest it doesn't matter if you're going 0-20.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Monocled Falcon posted:

There are some hellbender and I at least are willing to sacrifice k/d for that every so satisfying knife kill. We will not discuss Mr side knife, he knows his shame.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Monocled Falcon posted:

Knife Quest is like my fourth favorite game mode. BF1 delivers in this regard. The shovel, the cavalry saber, it's all good.

I'm frustrated that they took out Claymore Farmer though.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011

Smelly posted:

Except going negative in TDM does hurt your team since kdr actually matters. As long as you jump on the capture point on Conquest it doesn't matter if you're going 0-20.

No, it's more that I prefer a close-range, hyper aggressive play-style that doesn't work very well in more traditional game modes.

Also I feel really guilty when I get kills defending stuff. Passivity is wrong.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

It'd have been much appreciated if somebody could hand me a spare grenade or clip or two during the beta when holding certain points, especially since barely anyone played support.
:smith: after unlocking the MG15 n.A. Suppressor, support was all I played the last few days of the beta. its too bad the infin-grenade glitch will be patched out of the final game, because I loved running between D and C throwing out ammo packs like a mad bastard, chucking incendiary nades into every building, and slaughtering folks with that beast of a gun.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Monocled Falcon posted:

No, it's more that I prefer a close-range, hyper aggressive play-style that doesn't work very well in more traditional game modes.

Also I feel really guilty when I get kills defending stuff. Passivity is wrong.

Ah, gotcha. I'll still get my knife kills the best way possible. Wookie hunting in the mountains.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

super macho dude posted:

:smith: after unlocking the MG15 n.A. Suppressor, support was all I played the last few days of the beta. its too bad the infin-grenade glitch will be patched out of the final game, because I loved running between D and C throwing out ammo packs like a mad bastard, chucking incendiary nades into every building, and slaughtering folks with that beast of a gun.

I will be sad I can't flood a CP utterly in gas, but I am hoping at least with some of the vehicle upgrades that will be sort of possible still.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

super macho dude posted:

If they do actually patch that nobody will play support. You're better off just killing yourself to get more ammo since it costs you nothing.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
I think Supports could be really awesome to combine with one or more aggressive recons in a full squad. Infinite spotting flares should give a huge advantage.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Do ammo packs give back explosives in BF4 or hardline? The ammo crate in BF1 takes time to restock grenades which is more in line with BF3.

Monocled Falcon posted:

I think Supports could be really awesome to combine with one or more aggressive recons in a full squad. Infinite spotting flares should give a huge advantage.

It's a great tactic and with flares and incendiary grenades you can figuratively smoke people out into the open!

I would cut out the middleman and use a horse for that however. You can drop ammo and health packs from the saddle like a mobile vending machine. I actually have a video (once I learn how to edit) where I kept a horse inside a house at C for safekeeping. :3:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

BF3 had a weird thing where ammo packs liked to give you ammo for explosives that you already had ammo for. If you had two grenades and only ever threw one, you could fling them almost non-stop. Toss the second and boy howdy you're in for a wait.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
IF you don't have them all the BF4 DLC is free on origin right now.

:siren::siren::siren::siren: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/browse/pc-download/expansion/pricebargains?q=#28 :siren::siren::siren::siren:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Delacroix posted:

Do ammo packs give back explosives in BF4 or hardline? The ammo crate in BF1 takes time to restock grenades which is more in line with BF3.

It's a great tactic and with flares and incendiary grenades you can figuratively smoke people out into the open!

I would cut out the middleman and use a horse for that however. You can drop ammo and health packs from the saddle like a mobile vending machine. I actually have a video (once I learn how to edit) where I kept a horse inside a house at C for safekeeping. :3:

They definitely gave back explosives in BF4. iirc it was instant for a few months too(like in the BF1 beta), but then they lowered the rate. It was certainly instant or like 2 seconds for the UCAV which lead to much hilarity.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Oh okay then.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Chronojam posted:

Oh okay then.

I think it's supposed to be just 50% off on bullshit like battlepacks and class shortcuts, but they accidentally displayed a misleading image on your origin page.

There's no way EA would be that generous with a brand new game

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Every time I open origin it's like "check out this cool bf1 thing" before saying "just kidding"

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They just released this infographic thingy.

Impressive numbers, fingers crossed they will pay attention to some of the feedback from them.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The numbers don't lie... And they spell disaster for people not riding horses.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Medic used to be one of the best classes in the entire god drat series.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

afkmacro posted:

Medic used to be one of the best classes in the entire god drat series.

It is a sad day for us yes.

If you excuse me, I'll be rubbing a medic bag across my face in the corner.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Medic still had the best guns. People just weren't playing it because they assume Assault always has the best guns and theyre probably not good at using semi autos. There wasn't enough people using the assault AT rocket gun for the people playing assault to be playing it for that reason

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Medic still had the best guns. People just weren't playing it because they assume Assault always has the best guns and theyre probably not good at using semi autos. There wasn't enough people using the assault AT rocket gun for the people playing assault to be playing it for that reason

The semi-autos are quite good when you get used to them, perfect for those moments where you run into somebody out of the blue.

I do hope in the release game there will be a secondary main weapon though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Allow medics to get an old time ambulance to drive around in and a bet people would play the class way more.

(That was a thing in WW1, right?)

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Will there be a Japan vs Russia DLC?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Make it a battle-ambulance why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Will there be a Japan vs Russia DLC?

No but there might be a Japan vs. Germany.