Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Also Dave said Paige was on the chopping block when she got wellnessed and were releasing people but they changed their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

StarkRavingMad posted:

I want Trips to show up and do this in another match. Not even a title match. Have him show up and pedigree a local jobber, nod solemnly to Bo Dallas and then leave with no explanation. Do it at random every 3-5 weeks for a year. Then stop and never bring it up again.

Triple H, Overprotective Dad of NXT Champions is a beautiful idea.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said WWE hid the concussion btw

Speaking of, someone died at his training school
https://mobile.twitter.com/NewAgeInsiders/status/776439014341476352

Struggling to think of which I want to read less: a Smith Hart facebook post or the New Age Insiders twitter feed

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also Dave said Paige was on the chopping block when she got wellnessed and were releasing people but they changed their minds.

"We really do need someone to promote our surfing penguin movie."

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
WWE should capitalize on this by giving Seth a serial killer angle, but he is a face now, so he should be a serial killer who "lives by a code" and only kills bad people. This creates drama and tension going forward, because whenever Seth kills someone in the ring, it can be revealed that they were a heel the entire time and he just exposed their crimes to the world

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Did someone really die at Seth's school? Obviously he's not training them there but :stare:

Last Thursday

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Last Thursday

Obviously Seth flew in just to murder a man.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Jenny Angel posted:

WWE should capitalize on this by giving Seth a serial killer angle, but he is a face now, so he should be a serial killer who "lives by a code" and only kills bad people. This creates drama and tension going forward, because whenever Seth kills someone in the ring, it can be revealed that they were a heel the entire time and he just exposed their crimes to the world

Have him start by murdering Jerry Lawler on a preshow and explaining that he did it to 'protect the children'

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Have him start by murdering Jerry Lawler on a preshow and explaining that he did it to 'protect the children'

Now that's a way to get a face pop.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Last Thursday

Jesus. Well, okay then.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if his gym CrossFitted someone into rhabdo:

https://medium.com/@ericrobertson/crossfits-dirty-little-secret-97bcce70356d#.y9a0zdlqh

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jenny Angel posted:

Man it's been ages since we've had a good old fashioned lumberjack gimmick.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

news article says it was the guy's first night at the gym, sounds like he had an unknown heart condition

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah seth showed up and personally gave him a shoot heart punch

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Imagine not believing Orton:

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/775592304782475264

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

news article says it was the guy's first night at the gym, sounds like he had an unknown heart condition

Yeah, that Smith Hart Facebook post made it sound like Seth killed him with a buckle bomb and put a Bible next to his head.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SETH ROLLINS! Breaks everybody's necks
SETH ROLLINS! Love(d?) the Nazi
SETH ROLLINS! Killed that guy
SETH ROLLINS! Has kinda dumb hair
SETH ROLLINS!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Seth Rollins teamed up with Vladimir Putin to poison this guy in a classic 'it was a heart attack' murder.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Who's excited for the female CWC

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

ChrisBTY posted:

Concussion awareness and the upswing towards social harmony has probably not done wrestling any favors.
Wrestling isn't nearly popular enough for people to overlook their consternation towards a generation of dead/brain damaged performance unlike say, the NFL.
And Wrestling's core constituents have the reputation of being less than progressive. This was well and fine in the 80's when any foreigner could be treated as a heel without fans calling it well, tone-deaf or in the 90's when The Rock could do his thing without being called out for being a homophobic, misogynistic bully. Now? Not so much.

That pretty much nails it in my opinion. Wrestling just isn't popular enough to do what it always did, and changing anything hurts the fan base that has been sticking around since the 90s.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Chris James 2 posted:

Hoping Io Shirai or Kairi Hojo gets the Ibushi spot of "clearly the best wrestler on the card, but is not signing so rip."

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Wonder when Mia Yim's TNA contract is up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

Kalisto is hurt but he was also at the CWC so who knows what they'll do when he gets back. It feels like they want him to be in the Rey Mysterio "small flippy dude that can still hang with the bigger guys" role but are afraid to actually commit to it at the same time.

From what I can gather, the person who is actually that guy seems to be Gran Metalik.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It could be Neville too but let's be real, WWE is never going to actually push any of these guys.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

For anyone going to New York Comic Con next month, BOOM! Studios is doing a panel on their upcoming WWE comics. For some godforsaken reason they're okay with the idea of me moderating the panel. So come by and ask questions about WWF Krozor.

But for real, I'm so psyched for this gig.

Congratulations amigo.

Luigi Thirty posted:

<sigh> Never understimate WWE pettiness.

Aye Doc posted:

braun should come out and shoot throw both of them out of the ring like the sacks of poo poo they are, and vince comes out and says "that's enough of this cruiserweight mularkey, Paul." and drops the mic and walks to the back. then we never see the tiny flip men again
Its just a matter of time.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Seth Rollins teamed up with Vladimir Putin to poison this guy in a classic 'it was a heart attack' murder.

Seth teaming with Rusev? I'm in. :getin: Having a rep for killing people did wonders for AJ... Rollins should embrace this. Seth Rollins: most lethal sports entertainer in the world.
By dread lord cthulhu I hate the term sports entertainer instead of wrestler

edit:twas a joke but now I really do want to see Seth Rollins: Russian Infiltrator gimmick. "You cheered me all this time. You welcomed me back. Little did you know you were cheering on Mother Russia and the manliest leader in all the world: Vladimir Putin! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 15, 2016

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Is Wellnessgate still happening

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

AJ and Seth should team up and be the Gay Exterminators

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Destroy My Sweater posted:

It was a lie, probably circulated by Seth Rollins.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Destroy My Sweater posted:

No

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm excited to watch Bianca Blair annihilate everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqlbnr1rha8

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

I'm excited to watch Bianca Blair annihilate everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqlbnr1rha8

What makes a great wrestler:

1) Relay sprints
2) Deadlifts
3) Chin-ups

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

dsriggs posted:

1) Relay sprints
2) Deadlifts
3) Chin-ups

The Big Dog didn't need any of that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What's the O/U on how many of those exercises The Big Dog would make it through before he got gassed

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

dsriggs posted:

1) Relay sprints
2) Deadlifts
3) Chin-ups

I will not stand for the character assassination of my friend and superior wrestler James Ellsworth

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ellsworth was a cool guy. He stood up to Hearst and didn't take guff from nobody, not even Al!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

Plus they used a blood capsule when Roman needed time off to fix his deviated septum, why didn't they use one here? Everything about this is stupid.
Because Brock said "I totally know how to safely open you up with an elbow" and everyone believed him. That literally happened.

Alain Post posted:

yeah seth showed up and personally gave him a shoot heart punch
Maybe Seth shouldn't have signed Big Swoll. :wcw:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

WWE: I thought you said you would do it safely!

Brock: I did.

WWE: :stare:

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

sam bradford lmao posted:

What's the O/U on how many of those exercises The Big Dog would make it through before he got gassed

One. And I would take the under 100% of the time.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

on the note of cruiserweights being taken seriously and people like Rey specifically I wouldn't be so surprised if they do a better job this time around. when Rey was champ I don't think anyone saw aj styles holding the top belt and here we are

You're probably right - neither AJ, Dean, KO, Balor, or even Seth are Vince Champs, but it's WWE. Eventually Vince is going to rip up a script 5 minutes before a show and feed all the five-foot-something guys to Braun. HE'S SO BIG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

Gavok posted:

For anyone going to New York Comic Con next month, BOOM! Studios is doing a panel on their upcoming WWE comics. For some godforsaken reason they're okay with the idea of me moderating the panel. So come by and ask questions about WWF Krozor.

But for real, I'm so psyched for this gig.

Congrats Gavok!

• Locked thread