Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is concern trolling, not genuine. I've made my case on Somber, and it's good! It's not like he's posting a whole lot, which is, you know, smart of him if he's scum under suspicion.

I'm not going to fake content for you :angel:

no, you're deliberately derailing and trying to shift the conversation with shitposting about jeff. you know i love jeff but this isn't the time and place. if you were town your goal would be to make a case that convinces people so that you could lynch the person you think is scum.

also just want to make it clear that your posting callout was fake and supports a false narrative.

dongsbot 9000 110
Max 75
Pinterest Mom 52
EccoRaven 36
Somberbrero 32
Tremendous Taste 26
The Lord of Hats 25
CCKeane 24
Atomic Soda 23
BottleKnight 21
Kashuno 18
Grandicap 17
chaoslord 16
KhyrosFinalCut 13
Birdstrike 12
kordansk 9
TMMadman 3
JimsonTheBetrayer 3
Chic Trombone 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Open main menu

Edit

Watch this page

Ogre Magi/Responses

< Ogre Magi

Hero Strategy Counters Equipment Gear Responses Sounds Lore Old Abilities Changelogs  

v • d • e

Voice responses

Hero responses

Abaddon

Alchemist

Ancient Apparition

Anti-Mage

Arc Warden

Axe

Bane

Batrider

Beastmaster

Bloodseeker

Bounty Hunter

Brewmaster

Bristleback

Broodmother

Centaur Warrunner

Chaos Knight

Chen

Clinkz

Clockwerk

Crystal Maiden

Dark Seer

Dazzle

Death Prophet

Disruptor

Doom

Dragon Knight

Drow Ranger

Earthshaker

Earth Spirit

Elder Titan

Ember Spirit

Enchantress

Enigma

Faceless Void

Gyrocopter

Huskar

Invoker

Io

Jakiro

Juggernaut

Keeper of the Light

Kunkka

Legion Commander

Leshrac

Lich

Lifestealer

Lina

Lion

Lone Druid

Luna

Lycan

Magnus

Medusa

Meepo

Mirana

Monkey King

Morphling

Naga Siren

Nature's Prophet

Necrophos

Night Stalker

Nyx Assassin

Ogre Magi

Omniknight

Oracle

Outworld Devourer

Phantom Assassin

Phantom Lancer

Phoenix

Puck

Pudge

Pugna

Queen of Pain

Razor

Riki

Rubick

Sand King

Shadow Demon

Shadow Fiend

Shadow Shaman

Silencer

Skywrath Mage

Slardar

Slark

Sniper

Spectre

Spirit Breaker

Storm Spirit

Sven

Techies

Templar Assassin

Terrorblade

Tidehunter

Timbersaw

Tinker

Tiny

Treant Protector

Troll Warlord

Tusk

Underlord

Undying

Ursa

Vengeful Spirit

Venomancer

Viper

Visage

Warlock

Weaver

Windranger

Winter Wyvern

Witch Doctor

Wraith King

Zeus

Other responses

Announcer

Shopkeeper

Warlock's Golem

Announcer Packs

Axe

Bastion

Bristleback

Clockwerk

Crystal Maiden

Death Prophet (Diretide)

Deus Ex

Defense Grid

Dr. Kleiner

Fallout 4

GLaDOS

Juggernaut

Lina

Nature's Prophet

Pyrion Flax

Rick and Morty

The Pirate Cap'n

Storm Spirit

Techies

The Stanley Parable

Trine

Tusk (Greeviling)

Voice Packs

Mercurial's Call (Spectre)

Voice Actors

Heroes

Entering battle

Taunting

Beginning battle

Moving

Attacking

Ordering a spell cast

Abilities

Leveling up

Killing an enemy

Last hitting

Denying

Acquiring an item

Dying

Respawning

Bottling Runes

Activating runes

Ability on cooldown

Not enough mana

Taking damage

Selecting

Chat responses

Match end

Cosmetic item drop

Misc

Last edited 24 days ago by Lemoncream

Dota 2 Wiki

Mobile

Desktop

Content is available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.
Dota 2 content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Valve or its licensors. All rights reserved.
This site is a part of Curse, Inc. and is not affiliated with Valve.

Gamepedia powered by Curse

Facebook

Twitter

Youtube

Newsletter

Sign In

Register

Careers

Help

About Curse

Advertise

Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

Copyright 2005-2016, Curse Inc.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
here's my ogre magi walkthrough: just kidding you can't teach pure skill.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

(jump to votecount)

(source)

"Sail due southeast from Porta Reginae in a modern Arrentish clipper and in about two days you will come across Rene, the second largest of the leeward islands. It is home to the Most Serene Republic of Decapua, which steadfastly maintains its de jure independence from the Empire while still acceding to every one of her demands for trade and access. Rene's beautiful shores may seem inviting, but unless you're there for business don't stay for long - the natives are cold to foreigners, and getting a visitor's visa requires navigating the labyrinthine Decapuan bureaucracy. Still, if you are simply docked for a night to resupply as you travel further into the Metzzi Archipelago, in the port taverns you will easily find good wine and a comfortable bed."
- Excerpt from "From Arrentia to Zeroth: A Traveller's Guide to the Imperia."

===

Parliament has been at a standstill. The ruling Lion party has continued to abuse their power by conducting corruption inquiries into Fish party affairs, demanding a complete accounting of their members' political expenditures, business meetings, office supply orders, even their lunch receipts. Any error or missing record is considered proof of Fish embezzlement and the offending senators are stripped of their positions and titles. In response, the Fish party has obstructed all Parliament functions, essentially shutting down the government until the inquiries cease. Both sides refuse to relent, and the rest of Decapua has begun to suffer as a result.

With tensions as high as they were, it wasn't too surprising when a legislative week began and one of the senators was found murdered on the rostra. Now the corruption inquiries have at long last finally ended... only to be replaced by a Parliament-run murder trial.

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it (but I know you don't anymore), and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider getting platinum!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What is this garbage.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

Max posted:

What is this garbage.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote dongs

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

wow

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't care if dongs is scum or not, I just want him to shut up. This is seriously not fun.

##vote dongs

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
please don't

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i would rather put up with dongs than suffer a scum to live

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

I don't care if dongs is scum or not, I just want him to shut up. This is seriously not fun.

##vote dongs

poo poo, eccogame.

##unvote
##vote dongs

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Somberbrero posted:

i would rather put up with dongs than suffer a scum to live

This.

As much as I hate what dongs is doing right now, lynching him would be a miserable move in terms of getting us any kind of info.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

no, you're deliberately derailing and trying to shift the conversation with shitposting about jeff. you know i love jeff but this isn't the time and place. if you were town your goal would be to make a case that convinces people so that you could lynch the person you think is scum.

also just want to make it clear that your posting callout was fake and supports a false narrative.

:shrug:

The scummiest thing itt is still this turnaround you had in about an hour, where you go from "nah he's not scum come on" to "well I guess we just have to kill him because he's not going to be useful" and I'm not interested in voting anyone else because I'm already voting scum.

Somberbrero posted:

Yo pin was trying to push some legit day one scumhunting earlier and we're already halfway to lynch with four days to go(also that is a crazy long deadline ecco), let's take it sleezy fellas. I agree his reaction was silly but I'm hard pressed to see it as anything other than value neutral at the moment.

Somberbrero posted:

hm ##vote pinterest mother

I know what I said and now I change my mind. pin's refusing to engage at all.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

The scummiest thing itt is still this turnaround you had in about an hour, where you go from "nah he's not scum come on" to "well I guess we just have to kill him because he's not going to be useful" and I'm not interested in voting anyone else because I'm already voting scum.

Tell me how changing my mind has any correlation to alignment. Are we now pretending that this was the genesis of your vote and not you misreading something obviously interpreted by everyone else as a joke?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's not changing your mind, it's you going from "he's not scum" to "eh whatever let's dunk him anyway because he's not going to be engaged with the game". You didn't think I was scum when you voted for me, which, to coin a phrase, anti-town at best.

And no we're not pretending that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you're positing that i, as scum, backed down from a safe noncommittal position to engage a risky argument where the best outcome is that you flip town and i would be left to deal with the fallout from that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yes

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have privately asked dongsbot to stop shitposting, please stop PMing me telling me you want to be replaced, thank you. if he continues shitposting I'll replace him before I'd replace any of you.

thank you for your time, and gods bless the Republic of Decapua

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's not changing your mind, it's you going from "he's not scum" to "eh whatever let's dunk him anyway because he's not going to be engaged with the game". You didn't think I was scum when you voted for me, which, to coin a phrase, anti-town at best.

And no we're not pretending that.

those are certainly words but not the words that i said. i wanted to play with you and i thought you were trying but then you failed to address any one of the people telling you that you weren't making sense, shitposting and doubling down on an absurd point.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

those are certainly words but not the words that i said. i wanted to play with you and i thought you were trying but then you failed to address any one of the people telling you that you weren't making sense, shitposting and doubling down on an absurd point.

I think you'll find I didn't do that, actually. I've been dismissive of and not responding to people posting nonsense.

And when I flip town, you get to act like a disappointed dad saying "I wish PMom just did better, you know" and escape fallout.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

well get lynched i guess.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think you'll find I didn't do that, actually. I've been dismissive of and not responding to people posting nonsense.

characterizing any posts saying 'explain please' as nonsense is a convenient way to deal with the problem.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I have a 100% town read on pmom, and I have now come around on somber too ##unvote. I think they're both town.

Let's lynch CCKeane instead.

CCKeane posted:

AS typed a lot of words and typing words is good day one so AS is probably a good.

Thank you god bless.

CCKeane posted:

Words are fine for day 1, and generating content, even content that's not necessarily particularly insightful, generally sets a stage and provides thoughts that can later be used if a player is scum. It's a good habit to encourage, and I'm disinclined to vote somebody actively participating day one because of it.

Says the man who posted like 4 times since the game started *coughs up a lung*

Bad AS read followed by a post about content (not a post containing content) that ends with self-consciousness.

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, I'd actually be comfortable voting PMom.

Not a single read or interaction despite it being the main conversation of the whole day. Completely non-committal 'Yeah I'd vote' post.

I very much have a gut read that this adds up to scum. Sorry you're sick, Keane, but I think you're also scum. ##vote keane

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

ot a single read or interaction about pmom/somber despite it being the main conversation of the whole day. Completely non-committal 'Yeah I'd vote' post.

mafia edit

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

##unvote dongs
##vote Pinterest Mom

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##unvote ##vote max

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I get where you're coming from, Keane has been quiet and noncommittal. However he's not feeling well and if I was going to lynch him, it wouldn't be based on that.

I am curious as to what flipped you on me and how you see pin and i as townies butting heads.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

BottleKnight posted:

I have a 100% town read on pmom, and I have now come around on somber too ##unvote. I think they're both town.

Let's lynch CCKeane instead.

Bad AS read followed by a post about content (not a post containing content) that ends with self-consciousness.

Not a single read or interaction despite it being the main conversation of the whole day. Completely non-committal 'Yeah I'd vote' post.

I very much have a gut read that this adds up to scum. Sorry you're sick, Keane, but I think you're also scum. ##vote keane

I disagree, I think Keane reads almost entirely as uncommitted and that aligns with his sickness story. His alignment is null. Like, he says things because he knows he should say things. Under normal circumstances it could be a scum read, but I believe Keane is sick and that is why he is not engaged. Did I say the same thing twice in a slightly different way? I think so, lets keep it in.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kordansk is scummy af also

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Their vote on Taste is for a trite, buzzwordy reason ("meta case"), the town read on AS is unjustified, and they avoid commenting on the Somber/me fight. I think they're scum trying to avoid putting anything concrete down.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I am curious as to what flipped you on me and how you see pin and i as townies butting heads.

Somberbrero posted:

Tell me how changing my mind has any correlation to alignment. Are we now pretending that this was the genesis of your vote and not you misreading something obviously interpreted by everyone else as a joke?

that post. I agreed with PMom's read of you voting him when you didn't actually think he was scum, but normally in my experience scum don't talk so accurately about their own posting history. Also, you're not talking about all the reasons you changed your mind (ie the big narrative scums think up before they do stuff) but rather are just saying you changed it and that shouldn't be indicative of alignment.

I believe you both are posting genuinely.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I disagree, I think Keane reads almost entirely as uncommitted and that aligns with his sickness story. His alignment is null. Like, he says things because he knows he should say things. Under normal circumstances it could be a scum read, but I believe Keane is sick and that is why he is not engaged. Did I say the same thing twice in a slightly different way? I think so, lets keep it in.

That post about content re: AS pinged me hard. His non-committal position doesn't make him scum alone, I agree, it's that first middle of the 3 quotes that set me off, plus everything else that falls in place.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

1 of the scum's name is max btw

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

scums's

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

I believe you both are posting genuinely.

Pinterest Mom posted:

he's going to be replaced by my oc

• Locked thread