Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GeneX posted:

It means Tozawa still has a match for dragon's gate and gallagher has a date or two left for progress

I'd point out that Metalik also still had dates for CMLL, but Alberto proves Vince doesn't give a gently caress about the big Mexican promotions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gaz-L posted:

I'd point out that Metalik also still had dates for CMLL, but Alberto proves Vince doesn't give a gently caress about the big Mexican promotions.

The luchadors don't give a gently caress about their promotions, especially when they make much better money doing dates in the States thanks to the strength of the dollar.

But yeah, Tozawa still has a Dream Gate challenge coming up for his farewell to the company, so him not being on Raw yet makes sense.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

before Metalik was pulled from CMLL tonight they announced him for next Friday's show and he just announced himself for their tuesday show on twitter so idk what's going on with him. I'd guess CMLL pulled him tonight not that he no-showed but nothing will stop them from pulling him from those shows too

https://twitter.com/DoradoSro/status/776938051771695104

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Hopefully Harper goes to Raw and is thus far the gently caress away from Bray bringing him down

so instead you want him to suffer RAM's writing team?

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
wait was Lince in those cruisers coming to raw videos or is he that unimportant to them?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That DICK! posted:

According to some Spanish website from 2 hours ago Metallik is scheduled to appear on RAW "esta lunes" which, for those of you who don't habla espanol, is Spanish for "on the Moon"

"Lunes" means "Monday"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So Raw is going to be on the moon on Monday? Another cheap stunt, Vince. :rolleyes:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

in space, no one can hear you Ooooowah.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

in space, no one can hear you Ooooowah.

hosed up if true

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I gained a soft spot for Jeff Jarrett as a kid because in WWF Magazine they always asked the wrestlers the same questions, one of which was "What is your favorite video game?" 99% of them always said "I don't play games," but Aztec Jeff Jarrett said his favorite was Goldeneye 007 which made me think he must be kinda cool.

I was right.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I too hope no-one goes to Smackdown, thus leaving AJ Styles to wrestle Dean Ambrose and the Miz for 90 minutes every Tuesday, following the weekly 30 minute Iron Woman match between Becky and Nikki.

EDIT: Oh, WWE.com just posted the confirmed list of cruisers for RAM this Monday. It's TJP, Metalik, TBK, Cedric, Noam Dar, Swann and Lince Dorado. Notably no Tozawa or Gallagher, and I'm all for the local lad done good, but Noam Dar on Raw before Tozawa either means Tozawa didn't sign or WWE have no loving clue.

It'd be really weird for the Dream Gate champ to show up on Raw.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Wade Barrett could of been the greatest of all time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Grozz Nuy posted:

Tozawa still has a Dream Gate challenge coming up for his farewell to the company, so him not being on Raw yet makes sense.

Tozawa vs YAMATO on the 22nd (late night 21st) and you should all watch it. Bring tissues because the aftermath of that poo poo's gonna be sadder than Uhaa's farewell.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/776987290782593024

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He was in the biggest-drawing match TNA ever did. Two of them, I think. And his Takeover match with Nakamura was seen by more people than Summerslam.

Buff is a drunk pill-head who once had his mom call in sick for him to Raw.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I believe, upon further inspection, you'll find that buff is the stuff.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sockser posted:

I believe, upon further inspection, you'll find that buff is the stuff.
The girls just can't get enough. But he said nothing about women.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

its difficult to say when this decision was made but there are other advantages to tjp winning i.e. a handsome boy who speaks english

he's a luchador they work the most dates with the most injuries of anyone i dont think that's why he was not there tonight

-edit-

from the observer last year

I think it's CMLL where they drink to get through injuries and AAA where they :2bong: to get through injuries

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Of all the times for me to lose my loltna samoa-joe-getting-dragged-down-ring-and-stuck image

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren:FOUND IT:siren:

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

IcePhoenix posted:

"Lunes" means "Monday"

:thejoke:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

LividLiquid posted:

And his Takeover match with Nakamura was seen by more people than Summerslam.

oh god this myth is going to be a thing now isn't it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bring Back El Torito Pequeno Metalik

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Spermgod posted:

oh god this myth is going to be a thing now isn't it
Did that turn out not to be true?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LividLiquid posted:

People were confusing the on demand numbers with the live audience numbers

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/777224160330276865

https://twitter.com/mikethemiz/status/777224803413393409

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

More people saw it on the Network, that's true. People just ignored the live part

Fun live attendance fact: more people went to Smackdown this week than Backlash, and Backlash was papered heavily

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Then it was a pretty terrible joke

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Announced for Raw:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rovert posted:

Announced for Raw:

Time for a face-swap!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
WHO IS WHO!?!? SHOOT THE EVIL ONE, LANA! YOU HAVE THE GUN!

What if you put Roman's face in there too? What happens then?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

STUCK :(

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rovert posted:

Announced for Raw:

let's go rusev, crush that jobber nerd

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is this Miz thing implying he might jump to Raw? This and the Swagger thing seems to indicate "contract negotiations" are the new gimmick for talent exchange between shows. It's going to get old quickly, but it's new, I'll give them that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Is this Miz thing implying he might jump to Raw? This and the Swagger thing seems to indicate "contract negotiations" are the new gimmick for talent exchange between shows. It's going to get old quickly, but it's new, I'll give them that.
"If I could call the new era anything, I'd call it the reality era." - CM Punk, 2011

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

And they say wrestling needs a union.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I wonder if storylines like this are going to happen a lot now, or if they'll just kinda stop and they'll go to you can only move during the draft. Swagger already jumped.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

WWE Network's "Top watched programmes" doesn't count live views for whatever reason - so far more people watched Summerslam live than NXT Takeover, but that wasn't counted and so initially "more" people watched Takeover through the on-demand service. As time has gone on Summerslam has surpassed Takeover in on-demand views as well, but initially Summerslam was far more of a "draw" as a live viewing experience than Takeovern was.

This is not to say that Takeover's numbers weren't impressive or that it wasn't a massive success, because it was, it's just that Summerslam was bigger - as it should be, it is one of WWE's Big 4 PPVs and they've been trying to sell it as the Summer version of Wrestlemania for a few years now.

Edit: I have taken down the erroneous spelling of Takeover :sweatdrop:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Takedown

• Locked thread