Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

When faced with the issue of Palette Swaps, Tokyo Factory seems to have taken the hard line stance of there being no swaps ever. Not even buffed-for-no-inexplicable-reason normal enemies.

Coming up is where I stopped picking up the game, so I'm interested to see if I'm right about my predictions of it.

Baha ha ha ha hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Part XII: No You Shut Up, Dad!

Music: Royal Host

Welp. We’ve gone and wasted our time rescuing Kir from some vague threat of Lord Avalo’s dealings with the Brain Shibito or some poo poo. But our actual objective of rescuing Setsuna remains elusive. We can and should rest up in a Tent again on the way up before heading back out onto the deck.

Guy, we’ve been here for like fifteen minutes already. We’ve already killed everyone else on the ship. Where were you? Dropping some lead on another throne?
Setsuna!

The party advances towards Setsuna and Avalo...

Stop, my son... Before it is too late.
Too late?

Avalo stops making Setsuna talk to the hand and turns to his father...

There is no way of knowing if the sacrificial pilgrimage shall succeed or fail... Yet you ask me to place the fate of the people in the hands of such uncertainty? What nonsense! Any responsible lord would find a more reliable method of protecting his people!
And you think that making deals with monsters is a reliable way of protecting your people?
It is a lot more reliable than one measly sacrifice! I refuse to rely on such imprecise methods. It is my duty as a lord!
Do you really understand what you’re doing?
I am protecting my people! My conscience is clear!
So that’s why Tenderville was created...
Not just anyone will make suitable bargaining tools... But today, I have a wonderful selection! As well as all of you, there are a mother and daughter that only just arrived in the village...
! You don’t mean... that woman we saw with a li’l girl!?
You could learn a lot from them... I told them I had a noble duty for them to fulfill, and they came readily! Although, of course, I did not tell them exactly where it was they would be going...
But I am very grateful to them... As a result, my people shall be saved.
You’re using humans as bargaining tools... and you’re talkin’ about saving people!?
So you are sacrificing all these people because... you don’t have faith in my sacrifice pilgrimage? Is that correct?
Indeed I am! I have every right to speak in such a way!
Dammit... To hell with this!
Endir, you’ve been unusually quiet. What’s up?
Oh I’m COMPLETELY checked out of this stupidity. Are we kicking the piss out of this guy yet?

Do not fret... You shall all be coming, too!
Yeah, we’re kicking the piss out of this guy.
Finally! Hey, idiot! It’s literally SEVEN against one. We already beat up your entire town’s guard. You’re not walking out of this one.

Akash! It is time to depart! Launch the ship!
*shakes head* You think I’m gonna help the likes of you? No chance!
*shakes head frustrated* Fools! Imbeciles! Simpletons! Why will you not obey my orders!?
Cuz you’re a total dick!
It’s true, son.
What do you know?!

Very well... If you will not pilot the ship, then I shall simply do it myself!

Lord Avalo decides it’s a good idea to just pump some magic into the stone donut that apparently powers the airship. If these peasants can operate it, sure the king can, right?

Hah! I can accomplish any task that can be accomplished by the likes of YOU!

I feel like we should probably stab this guy. Anyone with me?
...Is it wrong I sorta wanna to see it explode in his face due to his own hubris?
Nah. That’s fair.

You cannot tell a lord what to do, peasant!
Avalo, I am you father and I am telling you to stop.
No, you shut up, dad!

*pumps more magic into device*

The shaking suddenly stops...

And of course the device malfunctions within five seconds of Avalo declaring his success, as he is clearly a massive dipshit.

*sweats* The spritnite’s out of control! At this rate it’ll...
It’ll what?
...Explode.
Obviously. Was that a serious question!? Good grief, girl!
Worst case scenario, this whole place’ll be blown to smithereens...
!
What do you mean!? Can’t you stop it?
There’s no time for that! All we can do now is try and reduce the damage as much as possible...
So what should we do?
Kick its rear end!
...How would that help, Endir? Think for a minute.
Actually...

Our only option is to destroy the device before the spritnite reaches its limit.
...Don’t even say anything.
*smug nod of satisfaction*

NO! I shall not let you! This ship shall fly! I shall save my people!
Hold that thought, moron...
! Something’s heading this way!

Music: The Last Mountain

Oh, Christ... Not this tryhard again. Could you come back another time? We’re trying to have a competitive match and you’re bringing the whole team down with your play.

Oh man... I don’t think I have another sweet sword jump in me. Definitely haven’t thought up a one liner to pull that off. Can you come back later?

Who are you? You’ve come to save me, have you? What luck... G-good! Please eliminate them!
Alright... I want everyone to hold up and see where he goes with this...
Oh yeah. This should be good.

I shall have to rethink my plan... If I at least take the sacrifice with me...
...I’ve already gotten away from you.
Silence!

*approaches Avalo* She is mine...
Wh-what?
Begone...

Rekt.
Ha! Nice.

Dinas runs off after his incredibly owned son...

Why are you attacking us!?
There is no need for you to know that...
Does anyone here really care? Look at this guy. I don’t want to know what his deal is...
H-hey! There’s no time for that now! You need to destroy the spritnite device!
Yeah, we know!
Please get back!

Setsuna has rejoined the party and we’re allowed to shuffle our members. We’re going to bench Aeterna and tag Setsuna back in here.

Music: Dance of Death

For this battle we’ve got two targets: Reaper and the haywire Spritnite Device. Both come sporting 1300 HP. The win condition for this battle is destroying the Spritnite device. As such, we can pretty much entirely ignore Reaper. There’s no extra XP or material drops for beating him first. He’s entirely superfluous to winning since the real problem is the ship exploding, not this rando. Additionally, the Spritnite Device doesn’t fight back. It just sits there and takes its beating as it’s essentially just an engine. How could it fight? That’d be ridiculous.

Between battles, Reaper has done a bit of grinding and acquired some Spritnite to actually pull off Techs besides slashing with his scythe. Dark Mist is Reaper’s primary means of attack (by which I mean only for half the battle.) I’m uncertain of its range, but it only ever seems to hit two party members at a time for 80-100 HP of damage. Which is a bit more worrying than usual.

Having Endir on the line with Aura is a quick fix in a trouble spot to the point it’s not a bad idea to have him just use physical attacks for this fight and save MP for healing.

Though, eh... May as well use a Momentumfied Blowbeat for an easy 200+ HP of damage, and more importantly lowering Reaper’s Attack stats to give us a little more breathing room. It even hit him with a Stun. What kind of reoccurring villain lets himself get stunned? Sad.

The reason we brought Setsuna along for this battle is not for her healing, Endir has that covered. Instead, we want her to build up the SP gauge then pump out Lightning spells. A single cast at 12 MP a pop does between 150-160 HP of damage with increasing values since Momentum buffed Lightning lowers Light resistance. Endir and Nidr are only putting out 70-120 with their normal Techs and physical strikes.

After a while, Reaper will get annoyed that we’re ignoring him for more pressing issues and start using Helix Slash. Which... Well, it does roughly the same amount of damage as Dark Mist, though it can hit the entire party if they’re bunched together. But Setsuna is off doing her own thing blasting lightning bolts all day long like she’s a LARPer in a park. So she’s fine. In fact, despite Reaper’s intent to murder her... he didn’t ever bother attacking her during this run of the battle. That’s not by design. He just happened to suck at his job that much more than usual this go around.

But keeping up with Setsuna’s Lightning and everyone else on Tech or healing duty, the Spritnite Device goes down in short order and Reaper gives up in embarrassment.

I had a pair of Fluxes trigger after battle. One for Combo Power off of Provoke, which I’ll probably never use. And less MP consumption for Lightning, just after the second major battle where spamming Lightning was the order of the day. Figures.

Music: Ends

Why are you fools attacking this devi—

And so the Spritnite Device explodes, killing everyone and razing a third of Floneia Citadel to the ground. Well, that was a short game. Thanks for rea—oh wait? There’s more? Tch. Fine...

New Music: A Hidden Force

Well, there goes that airship ride...
*sigh* Mhm.
It’s unfortunate. But it can’t be helped.
...Hey, where the hell were you for that fight?
I was... making sure His Lordship didn’t try to pull anything.
Yeah I be—

Father... Why did you shield me...?

I... shall atone... for the deaths I have caused... with my life...
F-Father...
Didn’t this jerk get homerun bat smashed off screen?
Quiet. This isn’t our scene.

You... live on... and repent... your sins... A lord... must be strong... He must never... take... the easy path...
B-But it took strong leadership to offer up those immigrants and refugees to secure our borders.
No... you were being... a self-serving prat... my son...

You must stay resolute... You must not succumb... to the monsters...
We do not... negotiate... with monsters... There isn’t even a fancy... name for them... Literally... monsters... C’mon, boy...
The lives of... the people... are most precious... of all... My son...

BARF!
*dies*

The mother and daughter from earlier wander into the airship’s deck...

That old man saved us!
Is he taking a nap?
*loudly evacuates bowels*
Father...
...Setsuna!
!

The party runs over to find Setsuna unconscious and Kir being useless again...

When the spritnite exploded, Setsuna shielded me...
She took the full force of the spritnite at close range... It’s affecting her bodily functions...
...Is she gonna die? Alright... Alright. Let’s get our stories straight here. I did *technically* have the finishing blow to the machine. So if she dies I DID kill her, fulfilling my contract. Are we in agreement that is how it went down?
Are you being serious right now?
Deadly.
...I feel like I’m missing some details about this group.

*shakes head* It isn’t life-threatening, but it can’t be cured with magic...
...All right. Let’s go.
Go where?
If we go to my village, I’m sure we’ll be able to cure her.
Really!?
I didn’t want to go back there before I reached the Last Lands... But now isn’t the time to be worrying about that.
Aww heck no. I’m not going to no gremlin vill—
Endir, shut up! We’re going with him.

Come on, let’s head to my village.

And with that, we flop Setsuna’s unconscious body into our bag of holding and set off in search of Kir’s village to have her healed by mystic forest elf techniques or... whatever the hell Kir is supposed to be.

Thus concludes Chapter 4 of I am Setsuna.

Video: Reaper Battle 2

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 16, 2016

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...why do I get the feeling that you don't like Aeterna?

Also, placing a bet that Aeterna will get Haste, Stop, or Slow. Possibly two or three.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

So is the game ever going to bring up again that you can negotiate with (and therefore presumably talk to) monsters?

Maybe you can't actually negotiate with monsters and the idiot lord was just throwing people at the monsters for no reason. Actually, if the monsters were pengiis you could probably kill them by throwing people at them. Wow, what a brilliant plan!

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

The Dark Id posted:

*shakes head* It isn’t life-threatening, but it can’t be cured with magic...

Uh, why not?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Cause it was both a cutscene and a plot explosion. A deadly twofer if there ever was one. We're lucky she didn't straight up die on the spot.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
You would assume that this really large city would be the prime place to go to find a non-magic doctor. Instead, let's go to the magic hidden village to cure Setsuna's cold that can't be cured by magic???

Although, I'm loving TDI's efforts to explain cutscene paralysis with characters just waiting for where this dumb poo poo is going. :allears:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

So, no one's at all interested in the HOW of Duke Dingus's plan? was he just tying people up next to a Pengi hive, King Kong style, or what?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I have to say that I like the concept of that boss fight. You've got to break the device so it doesn't explode. But logically speaking, it's not a monster, it can't fight back, so it would make for a boring boss. So they brought back a recurring villain to add some danger to the encounter. But he's not the real threat, so all you need to do is beat the exploding bit.

Spritnite devices are where magic comes from, right? So if she's got a bunch of unstable magical shrapnel stuck in various organs, it's not unreasonable that it would interfere with magic-based healing.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Dark Id posted:

whatever the hell Kir is supposed to be.

A gremlin, clearly.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yes, let's throw the life that could have saved the world away on saving one stupid gremlin.

Then again there's only a certain sort of mentality that would throw their lives away to save the world in the first place.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Qrr posted:

So is the game ever going to bring up again that you can negotiate with (and therefore presumably talk to) monsters?

Maybe you can't actually negotiate with monsters and the idiot lord was just throwing people at the monsters for no reason. Actually, if the monsters were pengiis you could probably kill them by throwing people at them. Wow, what a brilliant plan!

Yeah, that's the kind of thing that they really should be dwelling on more. They don't even seem to question just how the sacrifice works if all those other sacrificed people don't do much substantially.

Is there some huge super-monster to explain why all this is necessary? FFX had an army-destroying abomination carving up the world to stop. This game has a bunch of penguins.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Spritnite devices are where magic comes from, right? So if she's got a bunch of unstable magical shrapnel stuck in various organs, it's not unreasonable that it would interfere with magic-based healing.

Sure, let's go with that. It's more effort than the writers have given this thing so far.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Look at Kir's ears. They're going to have elves in this game, he's going to be one, and they're all going to be precisely as insufferable and arrogant ("We hide from humans because we're BETTER than them and don't want those filthy savages polluting our commune(s).") as they are in every other JRPG in existence. Because why would Setsuna start being original NOW?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Honestly I think that level of racial tension is outside the scope of this game. Remember that more than being uncreative, its first priority is to be bland and inoffensive.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Bufuman posted:

Look at Kir's ears. They're going to have elves in this game, he's going to be one, and they're all going to be precisely as insufferable and arrogant ("We hide from humans because we're BETTER than them and don't want those filthy savages polluting our commune(s).") as they are in every other JRPG in existence. Because why would Setsuna start being original NOW?

My money is on Human/Monster half-breeds, because it's time to steal pages from FF6.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Anoia posted:

My money is on Human/Monster half-breeds, because it's time to steal pages from FF6.

Well first, since we aaaaaaaallllllll know that Kir is going to join the party, we should probably find out what his gameplay role is.

Wait, no. I know my Chrono Trigger. I think I could accurately predict what Spritenite everyone is going to get. I'm betting that if I get more than 3/4ths of this right, I should get a new avatar.

....nah, JK. But I will guess:

-Endir will get a revival spell.
-Setsuna will have her most powerful Light magic be called Luminaire.
-Aeterna will learn either Haste, Slow or Stop.
-Nidr will have no magic attacks.
-Kir will have the best Magic Attack and specialize in fire magic.
-After Kir officially joins, we will have two more party members for a total of seven.
-One of the two will specialize in ice magic while the other will in dark.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

So who here is looking foward to I'd LP'ing Nier Automata? I am!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

For some reason GIS thinks this is a shot from a horror film. For some reason.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Never stop being you, Taro Yoko. :allears:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

"Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!"

(Stupid sexy Emil)

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Well I know what my nightmares will be about tonight.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Blackunknown posted:

Dude, what the hell.

Emil is, like, the nicest dude ever. Why you hating?

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

bman in 2288 posted:

Dude, what the hell.

Emil is, like, the nicest dude ever. Why you hating?

I'm not hating, I like Emil. My nightmares will be about Taro Yoko.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Junpei posted:

-One of the two will specialize in ice magic while the other will in dark.

And the dark one is probably Reaper.

I only played this until the party member after Kir joined so I have no idea if that's true.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Not to spoil anything, but a running theme of this game is that it's both exactly like you predict but also more disappointing, somehow. Like how the evil king this chapter was obviously evil, but Tenderville itself turned out to be a boring waste of time.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Slender mod? :stare:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Blackunknown posted:

I'm not hating, I like Emil. My nightmares will be about Taro Yoko.

Dude, what the hell.

Taro Yoko is, like, the nicest guy ever. Why you hating?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

bman in 2288 posted:

Dude, what the hell.

A good comparison is Casper the Friendly ghost. Your initially spoked by his appearence, but then he just says "HI BMAN! Wanna go ride bikes :3:"and gives you a little *smooch*

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

bman in 2288 posted:

Dude, what the hell.

Bufuman posted:

"Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!"

(Stupid sexy Emil)

Blackunknown posted:

When I quote these in this order things might start to make more sense.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
First I thought that this game set out to be Chrono Trigger like, but missed what made Chrono trigger great. However, when it comes to the writing, I'm now convinced that I am Setsuna is just bad. The writers have no idea whatsoever what they are doing. This makes me wonder what Square-Enix was thinking. Didn't anyone notice that they hadn't put any good, or even decent, writer on the team? Did they think that you don't need a good writer for an old school game?

It's hard to say much about the gameplay with a screen shot LP though. I do feel "not as fun as Chrono Trigger" is a safe bet though.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Squeenix knows people will buy anything for nostalgia value, it's why they keep rereleasing every Final Fantasy, including the phone ports that are just unabashedly terrible.

Though the FF9 one is okay since they fixed that bug that could keep you from progressing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Outside of hiring, almost none of squares staff is on this. It was a blind hire, no one on the staff knew rpg factory wad sqare until after they got the job.

It's like blaming the part timer at McDonald's that the company slaughters cows.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Tae posted:

Outside of hiring, almost none of squares staff is on this. It was a blind hire, no one on the staff knew rpg factory wad sqare until after they got the job.

It's like blaming the part timer at McDonald's that the company slaughters cows.

You know, for how "eh, not bad, but not great" IAS is, I'd really like for RPG Factory to stay in business because I want to see what they're capable of when they do something original rather than just rip off a classic.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
se isn't real big on that whole "writing" thing these days. they make a bunch of fancy expensive cg movies and then the story and gameplay are afterthoughts. it would be stranger if they had provided a decent writer for this, a low budget nostalgia lure, when they don't bother for their bigger projects.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I am disappoint in the lack of boar drifting this game has presented it's self with...or drifting on any kind of giant mammal. (Why yes I DID binge on the Nier LP, how did you know?)

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Serious Frolicking posted:

se isn't real big on that whole "writing" thing these days. they make a bunch of fancy expensive cg movies and then the story and gameplay are afterthoughts. it would be stranger if they had provided a decent writer for this, a low budget nostalgia lure, when they don't bother for their bigger projects.

I think all of their good writers are hanging on the FFXIV team lately.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Snow Chronicles 3: Me, My Son and Our Wacky Neighbor

Music: The Clouds Above

That’s a wrap for Chapter 4. Time to tie things up with another Snow Chronicles session. We’ve met nearly half the cast yet only encountered a third of the locations. That’s a lot of dungeons, ain’t it...? Oh well... We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, let’s take a look at some updated entries in our journal...

We’ve only got Sub Characters added right now. Kir is a punk who hasn’t participated in battle, so he’s a non-person at the moment.

Poor Avalo was the result of a teen pregnancy and then his dad goes on to live to about 80. The crippling wait to ascend to the throne was more than his little peg-legs could handle.

...Or old Dinas got his wife killed. I guess that could spark some ire in his son. Though now I’m picturing a rogue Pengy creeping into the royal palace and slitting the queen’s throat like something out of Assassin’s Creed.

Also, Snow Chronicles entries never update, so we’ll just have to add our own RIP Old Man Dinas.

Also incredibly baked at all times. Tut-tut alright...

This is the only new Furred Creature we encountered this chapter. Astonishingly cute? Ehh... No Pengy and those exploding seals are cute. This almost certainly looks like something that would devour your entrails if you approached it or offer some manner of Faustian deal to children in a cutesy, offputting manner.

The Primeval Tortoise is classified as a Sea Monster. Despite the fact that Tortoises dwell on land and this one specifically lived in a cavern well within the central part of the continent. Indeed, it was fought the furthest we’ve been away from sea during our journey thus far. But what do I know about monster classification technicalities?

Wolf Baron is the first of a new classification of Intelligent Monsters. Despite it just kind of mindlessly attacking like any other creature we’ve encountered. Well, I suppose it did don a cap, a belt and a failed attempt at a loincloth, and braided its hair. Maybe it braided Avalo’s hair too.

Remember when we killed all these guys for just doing their job? Good times.

Reaper blinked when I took this screenshot. This idiot cannot even take pictures right. What a rude boy.

This has a really storied crafting history for a weapon we picked up for a couple grand in the third town in the game.

...I don’t think Setsuna actually used this in any offensive capacity once. And I don’t think she ever will get a chance before the next weapon rolls around. Oh well. At least it’s less silly than the Hair Shuriken.

A dagger that increases evasion but makes you slower. I’m getting mixed signals here, Aegis Dagger. Use, I know speed and evasion are different stats. But that sounds like confusing marketing to the average consumer.

...Yeah, I bought this for the cost of robbing the corpses of a family or two of Pengy. You’re really overselling its estimated value here.

Yeah, it’s not an electricity Shock. It’s more of a sudden jump scare shock. This Tech completely fucks up Youtubers’ defenses.

I haven’t gotten around to using this one. But it’s definitely worth mentioning the part where Momentum just heals the entire party. It’s pretty useful for something that also is a dedicated attack as well. It’s like Endir is a bit absurdly good at everything.

Endir was really slacking on his assassination training prior to this journey. Just waking up to guys and stabbing them worked out until cutscenes entered the equation.

We could have used this to help out with the Spritnite Device battle but ehh... The buff does in no way offset skipping a 200 HP damage turn. And that’s really the issue with this kind of buff in general. If Setsuna is in the party we probably want her casting magic or healing.

Fear the gravity orb. I at no point found drawing all enemies to a single point to follow up with an AOE attack particularly necessary. Like ever. All the big AOE attacks have such a wide range that it’s not really necessary. And of course it’s useless for most bosses.

Enchrono. Really? That’s way too on the nose, even for you I am Setsuna.

This doubles as a quick heal for Aeterna, which is nice considering she’s the squishiest heavy hitter we have on staff. This might have saved her butt during the Wolf Baron fight. Mostly because everyone else was too busy fighting than healing.

Provoke. It’s an ability that exists. It does things. I will never use it because it exists entirely to facilitate the use of Blowbeat.

Blunt Blow, on the other hand, is useful on its own since Paralysis is a nice breathing room stat and it’s a free HP restore with Momentum. That’s also the last of the Spritnite we acquired during this chapter. So let’s move on to...

I’m missing one material shiny spot in all of the Floneian Territories. I’m glad that Donkey Kong 64 long ago crushed any and all will to 100% a game if I don’t have to do so. I’m a better person for it. Anyway, we’ve got some new entries into the greater Floneia region. Let’s see...

The ancient kingdom has fallen on hard times. We’ve got to make Floneia great again.

Now it just contains a solitary naked old man telling people about temporal distortions while he gets a good, musky sweat on.

Hidden secret: gremlin urine. :ssh:

Nothing is more sinister than low rent government housing. In any case, that wraps up all the locales in Chapter 4. There’s no new story terms, so let’s just wrap it up with...

You forgot the pivotal parts where the party fought a centuries old monster tortoise and a wolfman. Sheesh, it’s like those were battles there simply to pad gameplay length or mark a token end of dungeon battle. And that’s an absurd account of events.

But regardless of omissions, that sorts out the last of Chapter 4: Good and Evil.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 18, 2016

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Provoke is useless? What if you want to roll with Nidr/Setsuna/Aeterna, and want to take the heat off the squishies? Or can Endir just not be removed from the party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Wolf Baron looks like a John Talbain alternate costume, now that I see it in the compendium viewer.

• Locked thread