Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Atomic Soda posted:

good morning everyone

i see there are a lot of posts

It's evening you lunatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Somberbrero posted:

did anyone actually read atomic soda's case? because it's fake and bad.

um no u

Somberbrero posted:

no it casually supposes the 'conclusion' he's going to reach based on jokephase interaction long before he actually gets there. it's clearly manufactured.

well yeah cause i'd already made my play. i find it helpful to explain my thought processes cause i can't do this most of the time. also - i have an argument that you are scum, and i want to let other people know why i'm voting you and that they should too! so i'll lay out my case!

and if i'm murdered during the night i've been honest and town knows what i am thinking.

Somberbrero posted:

the entire premise is based on who i did or did not interact with during the early early part of the game. i have no idea what correlation that carries to alignment. also rather than quoting direct text soda is presenting the case through their own interpretation to match their premise, i'm not going to engage it past this past unless soda actually backs up their position with text.

please, i've not missrepped you or anyone else. i'm sure you'd have pointed it out by now if i had missed anything. i see you engaged enough to respond that you won't engage. obv you've read it though cause its fake and bad

my position is backed up with text - my text, my arguments based on what has been said in the thread.

also my entire premise (which you aren't engaging in?) is that you are scum based on a few different things (interactions with taste, initial 'joke post' was pretty pointy, jumping around on pmom read). it isn't just one thing.

Somberbrero posted:

soda is basing multiple points on the alignment of unflipped players, which is generally hard to do unless you happen to know who the scum are apriori somehow and if you're town generally means you're wrong.

at the end of that post soda steps away from culpability with this

so yeah it's a bad case, atomic may be scum, pmom should die.

generally agree with the first bit and it is entirely possible i am wrong! thats why i made that post re: my experience, which apparently means i may be scum!

also dongsbot wtf you make me read all that. tisk.

pedit: omg get a better hemisphere keane.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
somber is scum i mean probably haha don't lunch me or anything if i'm wrong haha i'm very small and bad at mafia

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you already address my response to points you say i'm not engaging with jiminy christmas

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
:glomp:

Somberbrero posted:

you already address my response to points you say i'm not engaging with jiminy christmas

perhaps i am still sleepy, but i can't parse this atm.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote tremendous taste

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Pinterest Mom (5): dongsbot, Somber, TremTa, KFC, -Somber, Grandicap, Somber, -dongsbot, Hats, -Grandicap, Grandicap

Tremendous Taste (2): dongsbot, -dongsbot, AS, -AS, kordansk, Birdstrike

Somberbrero (1): PMom, AS, Birdstrike, dongsbot, -Birdstrike, BK, -BK, -dongsbot, -PMom
kordansk (1): PMom
CCKeane (1): BK
Max (1): dongsbot
dongsbot 9000 (1): KFC, Max, -Max, PMom, TremTa, -PMom, -TremTa, -KFC, chaoslord, Grandicap, -Grandicap

Grandicap (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
BottleKnight (0): chaoslord, -chaoslord

:h: 15 / 8
:d: Deadline Monday, September 19th, ~11PM EDT. That's in a little more than three days from this post.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Ah yes, PMom, the anyone but vote me defense. Just curious, where do you stand on Taste?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

As a rule I try to not engage with Taste early in the game. He always thinks I'm scum and I'm not good at reading him so it's not v useful.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I will be generally unavailable for pretty much all day tomorrow. If you manage to execute someone or if someone does a day action or posts their role PM or something, ugh, I'll do what I can, there'll just be a delay, potentially a significant one. If you have a question or concern it'll be answered Sunday.

Good luck!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

As a rule I try to not engage with Taste early in the game. He always thinks I'm scum and I'm not good at reading him so it's not v useful.

Untrue

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is an odd position to take, as is the jump to kord as scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

this is an odd position to take, as is the jump to kord as scum.

:shrug:

Look at The Great War or Fantastic Four if you want to see why

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

Look at The Great War or Fantastic Four if you want to see why

Is this a serious "well this was how they played scum in a differnet game" argument that you're making?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Is this a serious "well this was how they played scum in a differnet game" argument that you're making?

No? Taste and I were both town in those two games. We naturally think the other is scummy, so I just avoid engaging with him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, thought you were talking about kord.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I've also correctly nailed him two or three times, and often had null reads. He's grasping at straws

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If you want a case on kord just... this post.

kordansk posted:

Ah yes, PMom, the anyone but vote me defense. Just curious, where do you stand on Taste?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

I've also correctly nailed him two or three times, and often had null reads. He's grasping at straws

Stopped clock bb

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That would work if a stopped clock was as correct or more so than an unstopped one

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

What straw am I grasping at, actually? I could be calling you town, or scum. There's no downside to either. This - saying I don't have a read on you because I don't trust myself to read you - isn't what grasping looks like.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maybe if you respond to the same post 3 or 4 times you won't sound desperate

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Because I'm lazy, who first brought up the idea of Kord being scum?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Because I'm lazy, who first brought up the idea of Kord being scum?

Me

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

neway i will FULLCLAIM D1

I am Luigi Risotto, Lion(?) chairman of the Senate Ethics Committee. Pinterest Mom is Mario Batelli, who I called forth before the Committee, ostensibly to make him a voting member of the Senate Ethics Committee, but aha! it was a duplicitous trick on my part. Really, I was investigating his private correspondence and spending and found very suspicious evidence such as crossbows, poisons, battle axes, ninja weapons, blowdart tubes, sniper rifle, etc, confirming to me that Pinterest Mom is 100% definitely Scum.

Thank you for your time,

Luigi "dongsbot 9000" Risotto

I'm bringing this up, because I feel like the entire train on PMom started with this post. At this point, I'm assuming that Dongs hasn't even read his role PM with the game he's played so far. And to be honest, when I read this, I had no idea how what he was saying meant that PMom was scum.

Reading through PMom now . . . I'm not exactly feeling like they're scum at the moment. I just know how frustrating day 1 can be when a whole lot of people just say "scum lol" and start voting you.

Somber was the first one to jump on Dongs' post and vote PMom and I'd like to know how he was able to
decifer his meaning and drop what looked like a real vote at the time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

kordansk posted:

Kord, is your stance still "one meta case = definitely scum" right now, or is there anything else?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

I'm bringing this up, because I feel like the entire train on PMom started with this post. At this point, I'm assuming that Dongs hasn't even read his role PM with the game he's played so far. And to be honest, when I read this, I had no idea how what he was saying meant that PMom was scum.

Reading through PMom now . . . I'm not exactly feeling like they're scum at the moment. I just know how frustrating day 1 can be when a whole lot of people just say "scum lol" and start voting you.

Somber was the first one to jump on Dongs' post and vote PMom and I'd like to know how he was able to
decifer his meaning and drop what looked like a real vote at the time.

Read the thread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
like seriously drat

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lol this guy max is so scum but lets not vote 4 him so i can have the pleasure of having my scumbro kill him

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

hm ##vote pinterest mother

I know what I said and now I change my mind. pin's refusing to engage at all.

I was reading your history in particular and thought "Hmm, maybe I was wrong about Somb and I should eat crow but then I hit this and then eh.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

lol this guy max is so scum but lets not vote 4 him so i can have the pleasure of having my scumbro kill him

Fuk u.

But if you really don't want to be here then just replace out, stop trying to get lunched.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

your execution is nigh (3 days)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yah, ##vote Somberero

I feel like you're misrepresenting PMom and using someone who is kinda disengaged as a good scapegoat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I feel like town Somber would have dropped a vote on me yesterday or today, but this point is diluted by the fact that the forums were down for a while today. I had some time carved out this morning that was dashed by the ddos.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well nothing has happened between that post you quoted and now, so great vote.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

well nothing has happened between that post you quoted and now, so great vote.

Thanks.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If you have such a problem with PMom's refusal to engage (I don't really agree with that assessment) then why give dongs a pass?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
dongs already claimed smh

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

plus i will facilitate the murder of one scum tonight (it is max)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongs literally claimed scum with his talk of having his scum buddy kill me. Are you taking what he says seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

you can have a buddy whose scum and not be scum jeez

• Locked thread