Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

goferchan posted:

Just finished the Dual Destinies Yokai case and I'm going to move onto #3. I beat case 1 like over a year ago and I don't remember the framing device for the game ... was #2 supposed to be a flashback or something ?

Yeah, the cases flash back and forward a lot in that game. I'd recommend playing the first case again if you feel like you're missing out. It's really short. You don't need to remember the second one though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

path of exile

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ace Attorney and DQ7

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doom 2016 and Ys Origin

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Spoderman posted:

Yeah, the cases flash back and forward a lot in that game. I'd recommend playing the first case again if you feel like you're missing out. It's really short. You don't need to remember the second one though

"Even a convicted murderer's got a job to do and duties to perform"

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

P-Mack posted:

had a new baby this week so no gaming except 10 minutes of Mario 64 so i can get my daily star

Your baby is gay.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Your baby is gay.

Stfu

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

apotheon and resi 4

hows apotheon? it looked pretty but i dont love platformers so i gave it a pass

anyway, dark souls for me tonight, i'm so close to beating it for the first time

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
DQ7.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm trying to play all the junk I've accumulated on Steam and never played so I played some Men of Valor, a pretty decent Vietnam FPS, and now I'm going to play Magicka.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
when i finish Dual Destinies should I grab Trilogy or Spirit of Justice next? i think Trilogy is still full priced at $40 so there's no cost difference. I'm also open to tracking down a cart version of one of the DS games if it's like absolutely essential to play but I'm lazy and would prefer something I could grab digitally . Also man I don't know why it took me so long to check this series out, loving DD so far ... I guess you just got to be in a certain mood to sit down and play a reading game and whenever I tried to play it before I couldnt really do it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm really in no mood to get into a flame war with a nobody today.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

when i finish Dual Destinies should I grab Trilogy or Spirit of Justice next? i think Trilogy is still full priced at $40 so there's no cost difference. I'm also open to tracking down a cart version of one of the DS games if it's like absolutely essential to play but I'm lazy and would prefer something I could grab digitally . Also man I don't know why it took me so long to check this series out, loving DD so far ... I guess you just got to be in a certain mood to sit down and play a reading game and whenever I tried to play it before I couldnt really do it

trilogy goes on sale sometimes

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDeThz30JtQ

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

trilogy goes on sale sometimes

Yeah I'm keeping an eye out, I thought it might when SoJ released but no luck yet. is the DLC episode for Dual Destinies good btw? and if i grab it should i wait to finish the main game before playing?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

for honor is pretty good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah I'm keeping an eye out, I thought it might when SoJ released but no luck yet. is the DLC episode for Dual Destinies good btw? and if i grab it should i wait to finish the main game before playing?

the dlc case is good and it fits in fine the the middle of the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its probaly weird to play them out of order because theres so many recurring characters lol

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
man TWEWY is amazing. the combat, the music, i can't think of a single thing i dislike about this game. maybe the fashion system is a little unusual but thats me getting used to it probs

im guessing theres a lot more game after this weird seven days thing tho, i'm already on day 4 but still rank E / low percentages in literally every category

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm really in no mood to get into a flame war with a nobody today.

knuc if you buck

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

shmups

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Your baby is gay.

You interested? lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

You interested? lmfao

Yeah knuc is gonna have sex with a newborn baby. Not. Frig off with that crap.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall tonight

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Frog Act posted:

hows apotheon? it looked pretty but i dont love platformers so i gave it a pass

anyway, dark souls for me tonight, i'm so close to beating it for the first time

apotheon looks great and has a really good soundtrack, it has more in common with metroid than regular platformers, and has tons secrets and variety in objectives and bossfights

it also is really reverent for greek myth which adds a lot to the tone

the combat is a bit unwieldy, thats what i have to say bad about it, otherwise really fun game

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

wipeout HD and maybe dq viii.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

it has a real cozy town theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWYb-JVSdN0

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall tonight

top notch rpg choice, what kinda character are you playing? i didn't love hacking so i played a straight up street samura with a focus on ranged weapons. had a lot of fun with the sniper rifles/assault rifles and grenades

Sharkopath posted:

apotheon looks great and has a really good soundtrack, it has more in common with metroid than regular platformers, and has tons secrets and variety in objectives and bossfights

it also is really reverent for greek myth which adds a lot to the tone

the combat is a bit unwieldy, thats what i have to say bad about it, otherwise really fun game

ah, too bad, i couldn't really get into metroid and i got frustrated with it, so i'll prolly have to give apotheon a pass. shame thoguh, i love the aesthetics of both

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you couldn't get into original Metroid I may suggest checking out most of its sequels. Really stellar stuff in there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Rafza posted:

man TWEWY is amazing. the combat, the music, i can't think of a single thing i dislike about this game. maybe the fashion system is a little unusual but thats me getting used to it probs

im guessing theres a lot more game after this weird seven days thing tho, i'm already on day 4 but still rank E / low percentages in literally every category

Speaking of perfect things about TWEWY the length of the game is like exactly what it should be. A lot of RPGs are just too loving long for me to stay interested ...... even really good games like Persona 4 push my limits a little bit (although I only played Golden, is that like Persona 3 Portable where it adds more days?) -- TWEWY has such great pacing and it wraps thebstkdybup at like the perfect point for maximum emotional impact. Also if you still feel like playing more, the post-game is substantial and it has loads of unique content and it's plenty challenging without just encouraging you to grind a ton like the optional end-game poo poo in most other RPGs. Like you said, there is very little that I'd want to change about thst game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Frog Act posted:

ah, too bad, i couldn't really get into metroid and i got frustrated with it, so i'll prolly have to give apotheon a pass. shame thoguh, i love the aesthetics of both

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Frog Act posted:

top notch rpg choice, what kinda character are you playing? i didn't love hacking so i played a straight up street samura with a focus on ranged weapons. had a lot of fun with the sniper rifles/assault rifles and grenades

I'm playing a decker but haven't actually done any hacking beyond the first mission so hopefully it works out for me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

You interested? lmfao

That's sick, mate.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Tonight's gaming:

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

If you couldn't get into original Metroid I may suggest checking out most of its sequels. Really stellar stuff in there

I liked original Metroid, I drew a map and thought it was cool that I had to do that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

I liked original Metroid, I drew a map and thought it was cool that I had to do that

I love Metroid and the first one is cool but it is definitely hard to play, the controls can be stiff just because of the technically reality of it being a open world NES game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tonight is gonna be DQVII and Path of a Exile.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Your baby is gay.

I'm not offended because I don't consider "gay" to be pejorative.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

P-Mack posted:

I'm not offended because I don't consider "gay" to be pejorative.

you don't get to choose if someone uses it as a pejorative or not.. i don't think you understand how this works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm playing a decker but haven't actually done any hacking beyond the first mission so hopefully it works out for me.

lot of people say thats a good choice but imo the hacker you get is the only one that should spend time hacking, since putting your PC out of combat to do stuff while relyign on your party sometimes is less than ideal. post here when you're finished though i wanna hear what other people think about the ending