Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Do regular MU Canucks even know about Dept. H? Or do they get the sanitized version where it's inspirational newsbites about how awesome Vindicator is and how she' saved kittens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz-L posted:

Do regular MU Canucks even know about Dept. H? Or do they get the sanitized version where it's inspirational newsbites about how awesome Vindicator is and how she' saved kittens?

Definitely the latter.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Didn't the Weapon program start in America? Like I could swear reading how Captain America was Weapon I, and the whole thing was called like Weapon Plus.

e: Yep apparently that is a thing Grant Morrison did.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Grant Morrison says a lot of things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Weapon Xs origin will change every few years as its a popular thing for hack writers to wring a little more juice from.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Roth posted:

You could end up getting blown up in an event comic with the rest of your town.

I was going to say that's never going to happen but my city got wrecked by nazis in fear itself :negative:

What's worse? Your town getting wrecked in the marvel universe or your town getting wrecked on a bad event?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm suddenly curious. Does anything happen in Marvel-Texas?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm suddenly curious. Does anything happen in Marvel-Texas?

Besides Scarlet Spider and the lamest Superteam of all time, you mean?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:negative:
I'm okay with Scarlet Spider, though, so I'll settle for that. I forgot that one takes place in Houston.
gently caress houston

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

EoRaptor posted:

By the end of the third word bubble, I was reading this in Dr. Orpheus's voice. It worked out pretty well.

I really hope that the new Doctor Strange film is just Benedict Cumberbatch doing a lengthy impression of Dr. Orpheus.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

They've had the registration act forever, they got taken over by evil aliens like 3 times, they militarize all their superheroes, etc.

And Weapon X is kind of a big evil thing to have!

Yet, better than New York.

Also Canada has been doing reprehensible poo poo since Day 1 in the real world. Weapon X would fit right in.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:negative:
I'm okay with Scarlet Spider, though, so I'll settle for that. I forgot that one takes place in Houston.
gently caress houston

If it's any consolation, Scarlet Spider hates Houston more than you possibly could.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm from Connecticut, and I have to say sorry for the first Civil War.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lurdiak posted:

If it's any consolation, Scarlet Spider hates Houston more than you possibly could.

I'm from Houston and I agree with Scarlet Spider.

How does a Spider-Guy even function in a city with only 5-6 big skyscrapers that are all within a couple blocks of each other? He'd have to be jumping from car to car on I-10 just to get anywhere.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How does a Spider-Guy even function in a city with only 5-6 big skyscrapers that are all within a couple blocks of each other? He'd have to be jumping from car to car on I-10 just to get anywhere.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Actually living in the Marvel Universe would be weird, because remember, during one of the Infinity Gauntlet events, half of everyone died and then came back to life. Which means, even if you were born after that event, you certainly know at least several people who could tell you what being dead was like. What would be even worse is if you were one of the rare individuals completely impervious to mind control, you'd start sounding crazy after a couple of weeks when nobody believes you about the Sentry/Spider-Man revealing his identity to the world/House of M/etc.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don't know why in all these decades no one has any new ideas for Spider-Man's web travelling. If anything, they've regressed. At least Ditko would have him using webs like tightropes but 99.999% of all artists since have never copied it or done anything else.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Josef bugman posted:

I really hope that the new Doctor Strange film is just Benedict Cumberbatch doing a lengthy impression of Dr. Orpheus.

I'm hoping for him to do his very best Hugh Laurie impression. :pray:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Josef bugman posted:

I've never read his solo stuff, but when Strange showed up in Howard the Duck I absolutely read his dialogue in Orpheus' voice.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
I would like to request information on what sort of 'fun' I would have to look forward to if I lived in Marvel's Melbourne.

I mean I'm probably safe from montages of destruction, because those aim for Sydney, but it's a big enough city (and city name) that I'm sure there's something of note.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Spider-Man in Kansas.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Next time in Strange Tales... Dr Strange goes to Federal prison!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

They've had the registration act forever, they got taken over by evil aliens like 3 times, they militarize all their superheroes, etc.

And Weapon X is kind of a big evil thing to have!

There's also wendiegos everywhere. And you don't even have to mean to eat human flesh to turn into one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Next time in Strange Tales... Dr Strange goes to Federal prison!

What actually happens is even stupider.

His girlfriend gets kidnapped by Dormammu's sister Umar.
To defeat Umar he releases Zom, destruction incarnate.
Umar sees this then runs away. Zom decides to pulverize Earth instead.
The Ancient One, Strange's master gets himself killed and gives a cryptic clue 'Give Zom a haircut'
Strange does this, and apparently PURE EVIL MAGIC is contained in the hair.
Because he released evil magic into the world, the Living Tribunal shows up and says 'Welp, gonna blow up Earth, its the only way to clean up this mess.'
Strange convinces him not to if he can clean up the mess himself. He does this by finding Baron Mordo and concentrating all the evil in him instead.
This gives Mordo super evil powers and banishes Strange to another dimension.
Also The Living Tribunal left a giant hourglass at Stonehenge so they know how much time they have.

They're part of the SHIELD collection since they were originally printed in a double feature, STRANGE TALES. The Dr Strange stories are so bad. I'm up to the point where there's a change in writers and artists though and its improved remarkably.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SynthOrange posted:

His girlfriend gets kidnapped by Dormammu's sister Umar.
To defeat Umar he releases Zom, destruction incarnate.
Umar sees this then runs away. Zom decides to pulverize Earth instead.
The Ancient One, Strange's master gets himself killed and gives a cryptic clue 'Give Zom a haircut'
Strange does this, and apparently PURE EVIL MAGIC is contained in the hair.
Because he released evil magic into the world, the Living Tribunal shows up and says 'Welp, gonna blow up Earth, its the only way to clean up this mess.'
Strange convinces him not to if he can clean up the mess himself. He does this by finding Baron Mordo and concentrating all the evil in him instead.
This gives Mordo super evil powers and banishes Strange to another dimension.
Also The Living Tribunal left a giant hourglass at Stonehenge so they know how much time they have.

They're part of the SHIELD collection since they were originally printed in a double feature, STRANGE TALES. The Dr Strange stories are so bad. I'm up to the point where there's a change in writers and artists though and its improved remarkably.

Jesus, Newspaper Spiderman doesn't have poo poo on Stephen Strange.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

SynthOrange posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've never read his solo stuff, but when Strange showed up in Howard the Duck I absolutely read his dialogue in Orpheus' voice.

At some point Steven Rattazzi's voice became the full time default in my head for anything I read with Strange and I have yet to find a story where it doesn't work. poo poo, if I was rich I'd just pay whatever it cost to have him dub the whole movie for my own personal enjoyment.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Say Nothing posted:

Spider-Man in Kansas.

Should have learned from the baby spiders who shoot a web straight up and then float on the wind.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I mean, if we're being nitpicky he can do anything a spider can, and paragliding spiders are a terrifying reality.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Has Pete done the large butt to block holes thing that trapdoor spiders do?

Asking for a friend

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Check noir Spiderman that seems like something he'd do

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

John Dyne posted:

Didn't the Weapon program start in America? Like I could swear reading how Captain America was Weapon I, and the whole thing was called like Weapon Plus.

e: Yep apparently that is a thing Grant Morrison did.

iirc, it was a joint program between the US and Canada, but the US pulled out in like, the fifties.

Location chat, I'm in Michigan, so I have the Great Lakes Avengers to protect me! :confuoot:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Say Nothing posted:

Spider-Man in Kansas.

He has a car guys, same dude posted it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm late to the SG party, but Squirrel Girl's expression in this one panel is one of the few times I've legit laughed at loud at a comic.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Has Pete done the large butt to block holes thing that trapdoor spiders do?

Asking for a friend

He has not displayed his super-badonkadonk-having powers yet, no.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

fadam posted:

I'm late to the SG party, but Squirrel Girl's expression in this one panel is one of the few times I've legit laughed at loud at a comic.

I love the tiny text at the bottom. Really, who doesn't love some smooching.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The only superhero from my state is Razorback but let's face it when you got him why would you need anyone else?

dordreff posted:

He has not displayed his super-badonkadonk-having powers yet, no.

He is firmly against that type of thing.

Fantastic Four 21

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Goggles guy on the left is the best for the total shock and awe reaction, like Spiderman's denial of bootyliciousness is as shocking as him pulling out the ultimate nullifier. Everyone else is just "what is this bullshit?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

E-- Double post cause I sent this at like 3 a.m. when the forums went down

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 17, 2016