Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Women have never run anything for long

you need a big hard cock and blood full of testosterone to get all conquer-y and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

You are thinking too small when it comes to anarchy but I do see your point. I think either sex would run awry without the other as a check.

totally. I think men and women compliment each other well. It's why gay men kind of go off the rails some times (anonymous sex in public bathrooms) and lesbian women often end up in basically sexless relationships

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gender is a social construct

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Women have never run anything for long

you need a big hard cock and blood full of testosterone to get all conquer-y and poo poo

Zzulu posted:

gently caress off back to Sweden or wherever.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Zzulu posted:

I once met a girl whose introductory ramble was to say "hello" and then "gender is bullshit, did you know?" I thought about it and said "You mean gender norms?" and then she goes off about how "gender is made up and not real." Early 20s art student, claims to have aspergers because her parents did. I'm guessing that's her go-to excuse for social gaffes.

I'm also guessing those gaffes are many.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
women and men would be exactly the same if it wasnt for ~gender norms~

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like some women because they are good people but sometimes even the good women have bad times and can be nasty but that's OK because I know how to let the bad times go and be happy with my life which is much wider than any woman I will ever meet.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Negative. Meat popsicle. Etc.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

green chicken feet posted:

Is there a special term for female "nice guys", or are they called "nice girls"? Like frumpy, socially-maladjusted girls who get friendzoned because the guys would rather be with nasty bimbos wearing swastika nail decals and I <3 Satan bikinis (and not because the nice girls are awkward and offputting). I don't think this has been answered yet in the thread, although after 170+ pages I can't remember.

Also, I think this is about the best username and post combo ever:

Oh they are definitely a Thing, I was one for years until I lost a load of weight and got some self-esteem. I mooned over men, made them mix-tapes and went out drinking with them until the small hours in the vain hope that I might get a drunken confession of TRUE LOVE out of them. I was always 'a nice girl but more like a friend' which drove me crazy until one day I thought gently caress IT and lost loads of weight. I'm prone to it but thankfully I have been in a long-term and loving relationship for 7 years now and am having a kid so at least I can project onto my son if I ever split up with my partner (joke)

ETA I was basically Barb.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
a lot of girls are shy losers so yeah

a lot of men are really shallow too so they put up with a girl's awful personality

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

darkhand posted:

a lot of girls are shy losers so yeah
Sexist. They're just not empowered by Gaia Earth Mother yet.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Aren't "nice girls" really just those "I'm not your typical girl, I'm one of the guys, other women are bitches who wants all that crazy drama amirite" girls?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No those are just immature assholes trying to spin their lack of social skills into a positive.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
It's silly to think that women can't, in some cases, be as awkward and creepy as their male counterparts, but it's also disingenuous to pretend it happens on the scale as it does with men.

I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, but men have the honor of weird, creepy passive-aggressive behavior being almost a secondary behavioral trait.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Tumble posted:

It's silly to think that women can't, in some cases, be as awkward and creepy as their male counterparts, but it's also disingenuous to pretend it happens on the scale as it does with men.

I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, but men have the honor of weird, creepy passive-aggressive behavior being almost a secondary behavioral trait.
This is a nice trap. Let's see if any college-aged people fall into it.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I put a pair of tiny wire-frames at the base of my dick, rub black grease on my balls, and call my junk Groucho Marx. Chicks dig it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Like I mentioned earlier, men are :siren: unrepentant sluts:siren:. This means that there are millions of men out there who would gladly get with even the craziest, most awkward most hosed up weirdo women around, as long as they could get their penis or ego stroked. Thus these freakshow women don't really feel the need to vent like the like nice guys etc, do on the internet

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

Like I mentioned earlier, men are :siren: unrepentant sluts:siren:. This means that there are millions of men out there who would gladly get with even the craziest, most awkward most hosed up weirdo women around, as long as they could get their penis or ego stroked. Thus these freakshow women don't really feel the need to vent like the like nice guys etc, do on the internet

Never new Jack Kerouac was Irish but thank you for informing me.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I do not get that reference, but you're welcome bud

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I lost track of what was serious and what was goons taking the piss like 500 posts ago

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

I do not get that reference, but you're welcome bud

The Irish raped my mother in the Catholic School Board and got away with it.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
loving irish

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Oh poo poo I might have found a female sadbrained nice gal. I had to dive back to the 70s to fish it out tho. This was a news anchor who shot herself to death on live TV in the 70s

quote:

Chubbuck spoke to her family at length about her struggles with depression and suicidal tendencies, though she did not inform them of her specific intent beforehand. She had attempted to overdose on drugs in 1970 and frequently made reference to the event. She had also been seeing a psychiatrist up until several weeks before her death. Chubbuck's mother chose not to tell station management of her daughter's suicidal tendencies, because she feared Chubbuck would be fired as a result.

Her focus on her lack of relationships is generally considered to be the driving force for her depression; her mother later summarized "her suicide was simply because her personal life was not enough." She lamented to co-workers that her 30th birthday was approaching and she was still a virgin who had never been on more than two dates with a man.

She had her right ovary removed in an operation the year before, and had been told that if she did not become pregnant within two to three years, it was unlikely she would ever be able to conceive.

Apparently, she had an unrequited crush on co-worker George Peter Ryan. She baked him a cake for his birthday and sought his romantic attention, only to find out he was already involved with sports reporter Andrea Kirby. Kirby had been the co-worker closest to Chubbuck, but she was offered a new job in Baltimore, which had further depressed Chubbuck.

Chubbuck's lack of a romantic partner was considered a tangent of her desperate need to have close friends, though co-workers said she tended to be brusque and defensive whenever they made friendly gestures toward her. She was self-deprecating, criticizing herself constantly and rejecting any compliments she was given.

Three weeks before her death, she had asked the station's news director for permission to do a news piece on suicide. Her suggestion was approved, and she visited the local sheriff's department to discuss methods of suicide with an officer. In the interview, an officer told her one of the most efficient ways to commit suicide.

A week before her suicide, she told Rob Smith, the night news editor, that she had bought a gun and joked about killing herself on air. Smith later told the Washington Post he did not respond to what he thought was Chubbuck's "sick" attempt at humor. "I just changed the subject," Smith said. "That was just too sick a joke for me.

On the morning of July 15, 1974, Chubbuck confused co-workers by claiming she had to read a newscast to open Suncoast Digest, something she had never done before. That morning's talk show guest waited across the studio while Chubbuck sat at the news anchor's desk. During the first eight minutes of her program, Chubbuck covered three national news stories and then a shooting from the previous day at local restaurant Beef & Bottle, at the Sarasota-Bradenton Airport.

The film reel of the restaurant shooting had jammed and would not run, so Chubbuck shrugged it off and said on-camera, "In keeping with Channel 40's policy of bringing you the latest in 'blood and guts', and in living color, you are going to see another first—attempted suicide." She drew the revolver and shot herself behind her right ear. Chubbuck fell forward violently and the technical director faded the broadcast rapidly to black

PRETTY DARK MAN

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 17, 2016

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe
Prison is fake.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

prison is fun posted:

Prison is fake.

But the leper colony is very real

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe

Dreddout posted:

But the leper colony is very real

leprosy doesn't exist on the internet but bad posting does. sorry!!!!!!!!!!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

prison is fun posted:

*cures your leprosy*

Go forth and rot no more.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

My girlfriend's cousin is a turbo gay and constantly posts MRA rants

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Are there nice guys for gays? Or do they just gently caress them anyway since theyre all literally massive sluts

Our friendzone overlaps much more with our bonezone, so most of the complaints I see are fat gays that want to bang fit guys or people not being able to make a lasting relationship out of a Grindr hook up.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
is it entirely possible to just be a guy who's simply bad with the opposite sex (like... like brian from family guy :downs:), instead of a Nice Guy™?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Race Realists posted:

is it entirely possible to just be a guy who's simply bad with the opposite sex (like... like brian from family guy :downs:), instead of a Nice Guy™?

Nice Guy takes being bad with girls, externalizes the blame for being a dork around girls, stews about it for a really long time and is mean about it. Just not being good at womyns is ok in and of itself.

E: this is from my personal experience, having been a Nice Guy for a time.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 18, 2016

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe

Race Realists posted:

u can even hate everyone equally and then socialize rape like bernie sanders tribes and slut slam did

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I think so. We know a guy who is usually quite calm and relaxed, but when he starts talking to a woman he gets all excited and starts flapping his arms like a huge epileptic penguin. It freaks them out.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Nice Guy takes being bad with girls, externalizes the blame for being a dork around girls, stews about it for a really long time and is mean about it. Just not being good at womyns is ok in and of itself.

E: this is from my personal experience, having been a Nice Guy for a time.

what if you also INternalize the blame for being a dork, still stew about it and just is self deprecating about it? i foolishly believed loosing my v card would somehow make me a more sociable person (like no poo poo thats how dumb i was). the few times ive gone on dates im just awkward as hell.

i truly grit my teeth when i hear women talk about having bad luck with men or relationship problems, i just always assumed women had it easier then men when it came to those sort of things

im looking at this from complete social retard's worldview

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 18, 2016

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

oncearoundaltair posted:

I think so. We know a guy who is usually quite calm and relaxed, but when he starts talking to a woman he gets all excited and starts flapping his arms like a huge epileptic penguin. It freaks them out.

Have you tried pinning his arms with rope and giving him sedatives before a chat? Does he always chat with ladies when he's drunk?

Seriously, though, to slow him down and make him less fidgety, maybe suggest he try to remember the lady's name, her eye color, what she's wearing, listen to, understand and try to remember as much of what she says as he can, then answer or ask questions, or interject if it seems appropriate. If she tells him a story, ask for clarifications about people and places if he needs to.

Going with a detail oriented approach like that might help use up all of that nervous energy, and it may even make him a better chatting partner.

E: quiz him afterwards to keep him honest

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, we tried all that kind of thing. He went to the opposite extreme and stood like was paralysed from the eyeballs down and could only speak through the side of his mouth. He's just one of those guys who is in his 30s and has never learned stuff. I'll probably end up buying him an account for the forum.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

oncearoundaltair posted:

Yeah, we tried all that kind of thing. He went to the opposite extreme and stood like was paralysed from the eyeballs down and could only speak through the side of his mouth. He's just one of those guys who is in his 30s and has never learned stuff. I'll probably end up buying him an account for the forum.
There's plenty of crazy confused ladies on here for him to send unsolicited pics to.

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
im glad im totally disabled and my life was destroyed by an internet forum clique of CATHOLIC Filipinas and ITALIANS who totally will be doxxxed when the time is right. live in fear idiot racists

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

phasmid posted:

There's plenty of crazy confused ladies on here for him to send unsolicited pics to.

He's like the stereotype cos the only women he's attracted to are at least ten years younger than him and tall and slim and beautiful model types. Everyone else is below him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

prison is fun posted:

I'm glad you got perma'd, beeyotch! :mad:

• Locked thread