Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Bhurak posted:

Puntl showed up. Hell of a thing to return to after a 30 hour shift. Made my day. Pictures to follow.

Make sure to wash it off first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

No sense of right or wrong.
The new and improved mold is done.

In the interest of making it easier to align (and thus reducing the possibility of visible seams), I experimented by cutting the slit in a zig-zag shape:

A new shipment of dongs is going out tomorrow! If I've sent you a note telling you your dong is complete, please double-check that the address in PayPal is correct. If you do not want it mailed to that address or you have recently changed it, let me know ASAP.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

How many have you made for this goon project so far?

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Carth Dookie posted:

How many have you made for this goon project so far?

Nineteen, plus a couple flops. I'm about halfway through the backlog.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:stare:

that's a lot of dicks.

Bhurak
Nov 12, 2007

Playing music in the key of HIP!
Fun Shoe

Dildomancer posted:

Nineteen, plus a couple flops. :flaccid:I'm about halfway through the backlog.

FTFY

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
When no one was looking, Dildomancer made forty dildos. He made 40 dildos. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

9 packages are going out tomorrow morning. Writing all those addresses got me one heck of a hand cramp. You guys all need to move to shorter-named streets and change your names to Al.

For anyone who is interested in mailing international packages out of the US, beware! The new customs form is twice the size and somewhat more difficult to fill out.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Geirskogul posted:

When no one was looking, Dildomancer made forty dildos. He made 40 dildos. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

:golfclap:

I eagerly await the day my dildo's number comes up.

I feel like they should be numbered and signed in sharpie or something. They are works of art, after all...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geirskogul posted:

In a row?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I may have spent a lot more time than I should drawing cocks. But here we are.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
huge fan of the dick nose here

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo :five:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dildomancer posted:

9 packages are going out tomorrow morning. Writing all those addresses got me one heck of a hand cramp. You guys all need to move to shorter-named streets and change your names to Al.

For anyone who is interested in mailing international packages out of the US, beware! The new customs form is twice the size and somewhat more difficult to fill out.

Dildomancer's long-suffering wife checking in here. I just got back from mailing out the latest batch of lore-accurate dongs.

Not only are the customs forms twice as long, there's a lot more going on!

You get 3 carbon copies instead of 1
The post office has to print out 3 shipping labels. One for the package, two(!) for two of the carbon copies
This is in addition to the standard shipping label that all packages get
Then they give you one carbon copy, and have to slip the other two into a plastic sleeve with two sets of adhesives- one to seal the envelope shut and one to attach it to the box

This is after they enter all the information into the computer, which takes about three times as long as it used to.

All in all, I had 3 international packages to mail, and they took longer to process than the 6 domestic ones before them.

I'm not bitching, mind... just felt like chiming in.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So YOU'RE the wife, Silver?

...now you two have me thinking about Animal Crossing and this thread. Welp.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Manuel Calavera posted:

So YOU'RE the wife, Silver?

...now you two have me thinking about Animal Crossing and this thread. Welp.

So will our next project be a K.K Slider-dong or a Tom Nook-dong?

I mean, Tom Nook is a Tanuki, which are known in japanese folklore for their testicles being magical. Hmm..

e: ..or Phyllis. The sassy pink pelican-lady. I could go look up about cloacas on wikipedia, but I don't think I will, actually.

Pondex fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 16, 2016

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isabelle has quite a big dick if Tumblr is any indication.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

The new puntl mold is done, and I made a test dong from it. Everything seems to be in order. This weekend, I'll power through some more of the orders.

Sage Grimm posted:

I may have spent a lot more time than I should drawing cocks. But here we are.

I am honored!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Silver Falcon posted:

Dildomancer's long-suffering wife checking in here. I just got back from mailing out the latest batch of lore-accurate dongs.

Not only are the customs forms twice as long, there's a lot more going on!

You get 3 carbon copies instead of 1
The post office has to print out 3 shipping labels. One for the package, two(!) for two of the carbon copies
This is in addition to the standard shipping label that all packages get
Then they give you one carbon copy, and have to slip the other two into a plastic sleeve with two sets of adhesives- one to seal the envelope shut and one to attach it to the box

This is after they enter all the information into the computer, which takes about three times as long as it used to.

All in all, I had 3 international packages to mail, and they took longer to process than the 6 domestic ones before them.

I'm not bitching, mind... just felt like chiming in.

have you tried shipping through paypal? I ship international daily and printing it online cuts the forms waaaay down

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Fauxtool posted:

have you tried shipping through paypal? I ship international daily and printing it online cuts the forms waaaay down

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

I don't have a working printer or a scale. Those would be pretty easy to remedy, I know...

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would carry a printer for you any day

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hear good things about brother monochrome laserjet printers from a site that possibly gets a commission every time a corporate partner sells one.

http://deals.kinja.com/join-the-brother-laser-printer-club-for-just-50-1785737071

Edit: It costs more than $30 inkjets but mine goes thru ink like it were water. I don't need it often but still...

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Fauxtool posted:

i would carry a printer for you any day

That story does not end well! Imagine being friendzoned by a guy who handles a new dick every day.

I guess the scale wouldn't TECHNICALLY be necessary since I know the volume of each of the toys and the specific gravity of the silicone. I could develop an elaborate homemade balance to determine the weight of various shipping materials using little silicone weights.

Edit: I really don't want to get a printer just for dongs. After the goonrush is done, I'll go back to my usual 1/month pace.

Dildomancer fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 16, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
But think of all the other random poo poo you could print!

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Well, the dong I ordered for someone as a gift got stolen from their mailbox. What I would give to see the look on their face when they opened it.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

WombatCyborg posted:

Well, the dong I ordered for someone as a gift got stolen from their mailbox. What I would give to see the look on their face when they opened it.

You will find it back in the mailbox tomorrow, hastily taped back together and blackened by a scream of disgust that could curdle magma.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Dildomancer posted:

The new and improved mold is done.
In the interest of making it easier to align (and thus reducing the possibility of visible seams), I experimented by cutting the slit in a zig-zag shape:

Sorry if you've already thought of it, but could you put something like a spatula or paint stir stick into the mold, perpendicular to the seam, to also help make it easier to align? Seems to me it'd be easier to keep everything aligned with a hard physical object forcing everything to match.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Oh, yeah, this is how my friend who did a bunch of resin casting would do it. I didn't realize you didn't know that trick. When you cut the seam, don't just go back and forth, but vary the angle with regards to the center of the mold. That means it's not only registering correctly vertically, but also depth-wise. Registration is tricky! I helped him out by sanding and filling the seams out of his finished objects while he cast the next batch.

So uh, how good results do you get from the vibrator method of eliminating bubbles? Asking for a friend. A friend who is me and who is considering making a vacuum chamber. Please, save me from another money-making hobby.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

darthbob88 posted:

Sorry if you've already thought of it, but could you put something like a spatula or paint stir stick into the mold, perpendicular to the seam, to also help make it easier to align? Seems to me it'd be easier to keep everything aligned with a hard physical object forcing everything to match.

This is something that can be done with a two-part mold. A bit trickier with a one-part mold because you pour it all at once and it's pretty tricky to put things into silicone once it's already cured.

Pile of Kittens posted:

Oh, yeah, this is how my friend who did a bunch of resin casting would do it. I didn't realize you didn't know that trick. When you cut the seam, don't just go back and forth, but vary the angle with regards to the center of the mold. That means it's not only registering correctly vertically, but also depth-wise. Registration is tricky! I helped him out by sanding and filling the seams out of his finished objects while he cast the next batch.

So uh, how good results do you get from the vibrator method of eliminating bubbles? Asking for a friend. A friend who is me and who is considering making a vacuum chamber. Please, save me from another money-making hobby.

It is REALLY hard with the tools I have (old blunt X-acto knife). I do try to vary the angle, though, when possible.

As for the vibration, it worked relatively well for me at getting rid of surface bubbles. Vibrate throughout the pot life, moving it around to the various sides and pressing firmly. I found that it had the biggest effect when vibrating the bottom of the mold. You will see big bubbles rising to the surface, which is great, because otherwise they'd have been inside your final product. You will still have some internal bubbles, mostly very small ones, if you don't vacuum degas.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
C'mon guy up your prices and buy some dang xacto blades :ohdear:

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Buy scalpels. Blades are like $5 for a hundred and you can put on a silly German accent and pretend to be a mad scientist when you wield it. I use them instead of seam rippers for tailoring.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Yeah, that's a good idea. I don't intend to make any more molds (aside from some two-part fossil molds), but it can't hurt to have a good tiny knife from time to time.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
You can never have too many (sharp) knives.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You can never have too many (sharp) knives.

Dongs for show, knives for a pro.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Today's haul. I declare the new mold a success.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Glorious!

Is that pink subtly shaded darker at the tip or is it just me?

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

Faerunner posted:

Glorious!

Is that pink subtly shaded darker at the tip or is it just me?

It's a pink tip faded down to lavender. The red came out a bit stronger than I intended so it's more lilac than lavender. To put into perspective how strong red pigment is, the pink at the tip is about one part red to ten parts white.

Also it looks like I hosed up the color balance on the picture a bit; the one on the right has a decidedly aqua shaft/tip and a purple base.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Dildomancer posted:

(aside from some two-part fossil molds)

Now I want a floppy silicone trilobite.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Delivery McGee posted:

Now I want a floppy silicone trilobite.

There has to be SOMEONE making these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

literally a fish posted:

There has to be SOMEONE making these

And loving them.