Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

JB50 posted:

A Republican polling low in NYC. This is news indeed!

He's just hated here in general. No political affiliation needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

reallivedinosaur posted:

you mean blacks. poor blacks in buffalo and rochester, just like the deep south

I dunno. I don't see skin color bro

You racist

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Did anyone say my username at the scene

i think this might be my time to shine

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

there's one really disappointed bomber bumming out about this in an apartment somewhere

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I can't buy more than one box of Sudafed because they're worried I might convert it to meth but you've got easily converted pressure cookers taking out dozens of people

america deserves it all

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Space Jam posted:

there's one really disappointed bomber bumming out about this in an apartment somewhere

They should at least be proud they're wasting millions of dollars

There's 5 cops and two squad cars on my street alone. And they shut down the streets of the of the busiest parts of Manhattan on a Saturday night.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Love Crime posted:

I can't buy more than one box of Sudafed because they're worried I might convert it to meth but you've got easily converted pressure cookers taking out dozens of people

america deserves it all

how much loving sudafed do you need goddamn

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016

Space Jam posted:

how much loving sudafed do you need goddamn

enough to make meth

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Thankfully stabbing jihadi in minnesota also lucked out with no deaths.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My buddy went through that area like 20 mins before the explosion and barely missed it. He lives on 23rd and 3rd so that was a little alarming

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aesop Poprock posted:

My buddy went through that area like 20 mins before the explosion and barely missed it. He lives on 23rd and 3rd so that was a little alarming

Oh how fortuitous for your "buddy"

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
If anything, the fact that the bomb was hidden in a dumpster may have actually saved a lot of people, because the dumpster itself probably absorbed a lot of the blast energy/shrapnel and directed some of it straight up through the open lid, rather than the pressure cooker sitting in a backpack or something allowing it to become a 360° Claymore.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
lol i wonder how many people are going to get visits from the police THIS time for googling pressure cookers

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

this is more important

you dont want black people personally insulting obama do you?

pretty sure his legacy is a personal insult to black voters :ocelot::c00l:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the man loves his legacy doesn't he

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what legacy? no, let me rephrase that. what has obama done to make the us a better place?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Serious Frolicking posted:

what legacy? no, let me rephrase that. what has obama done to make the us a better place?

headshotted itt tech

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
Pressure cookers? No doubt this is careless hobos not properly venting their beenie weenies.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MullardEL34 posted:

If anything, the fact that the bomb was hidden in a dumpster may have actually saved a lot of people, because the dumpster itself probably absorbed a lot of the blast energy/shrapnel and directed some of it straight up through the open lid, rather than the pressure cooker sitting in a backpack or something allowing it to become a 360° Claymore.

stupid news networks are gonna go on about this detail giving Four Lions shitheads the real playbook they need :ssh:

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

stupid news networks are gonna go on about this detail giving Four Lions shitheads the real playbook they need :ssh:

That was a good movie

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Turd Burglar posted:

That was a good movie

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

bombs?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Turd Burglar posted:

It's a good thing the rest of the state doesn't matter. Upstate ny is like the deep south, except it snows. Bunch of hillbillies up there.

it's true :cryingadirondack:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This wouldn't happen if America was a police state

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Was there going to be a marathon there?

I've got a noteboard covered in post-its with "BOSTON" and "THAT PLACE EARLIER IN THE WEEK WHERE A DUSTBIN EXPLODED" where the marathon is the connecting theme. Tryna link em up see.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A muslim would have known having your bomb sitting in a large steel enclosure with an open side up was haram

I think you've got a domestic retard case going on here

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

unpacked robinhood posted:

A muslim would have known having your bomb sitting in a large steel enclosure with an open side up was haram

I think you've got a domestic retard case going on here

Looks like Tsarnaev bros. level but dont forget you still get top trained richard reids fumbling with matches & their bomb-shoes

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
a goon with an anime avatar disparaging Obama well I loving never

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

jBrereton posted:

Was there going to be a marathon there?

I've got a noteboard covered in post-its with "BOSTON" and "THAT PLACE EARLIER IN THE WEEK WHERE A DUSTBIN EXPLODED" where the marathon is the connecting theme. Tryna link em up see.

The NJ bomb was at a 5k if that counts

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Did y'all ever see 'Brazil'?

We're all in this together.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Turd Burglar posted:

The NJ bomb was at a 5k if that counts
yep yep this is all good info

In the UK we have this group called "Fathers for Justice" who are like MRAs but from back in the day, who do poo poo like climbing up buckingham palace in superhero outfits, I'm guessing this is "Fatties for Justice" who are against the bodyshaming inherent in long-distance athletic events.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

If only McCain/Palin had been a victorious ticket we could have had whatever their policies even were.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
this is the worst kermit the frog song

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Pressure cookers. How do they work??? I mean to cook things not as a bomb.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

jBrereton posted:

If only McCain/Palin had been a victorious ticket we could have had whatever their policies even were.

The Iranian Election, twitter, and the Arab Spring seem independent of who became President in 2008 - those dominoes went in motion with the Iraq war.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I know how this happened. sometimes if you cook soup it ejaculates upwards and gets into the pressure release valve, clogging it up. there is a second emergency release valve for cases like this, but it usually clogs up even sooner and is totally useless. without a release valve the pressure continues to rise uncontrollably until everything explodes.

moral of the story is to not cook messy soup in your pressure cooker.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

waitwhatno posted:

I know how this happened. sometimes if you cook soup it ejaculates upwards and gets into the pressure release valve, clogging it up. there is a second emergency release valve for cases like this, but it usually clogs up even sooner and is totally useless. without a release valve the pressure continues to rise uncontrollably until everything explodes.

moral of the story is to not cook messy soup in your pressure cooker.

do you live in a NYC dumpster? this was you wasn't it

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
We need more regulations governing explosions in the great state of New York. We shall levy taxes terrorist activity and provide harsher punishments for suicide bombers.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
If it turns out to be Muslims I might pull a Dennis miller and turn right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Mustached5thGrader posted:

If it turns out to be Muslims I might pull a Dennis miller and turn right

It will, but it's a bad year to turn Right