Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Grandicap posted:

Hi 100! Welcome!

Hi everyone else, I had a nice weekend, how about you? Going to ##unvote until I catch up the weekend posts, but is there new stuff happening or is the PMom \ Somber thing still in the forefront?

I learned how to throw knives! I did pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
pmom, tremta, and kordansk are the three frontrunners for lynch imo

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I learned how to throw knives! I did pretty good!

wat about tomahawks

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

wat about tomahawks

I tried hatchet throwing as well, but those were very tough, I couldn't get the distance right and I'd usually just whack the board with the rear of it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

dongsbot 9000 posted:

pmom, tremta, and kordansk are the three frontrunners for lynch imo

This is pretty accurate. To give a really brief summary:

Pinterest: This started with the reaction to Somberbrero, and followed through with a period where Pinterest was just generally kind of dismissive of accusations and didn't come across well. Was the vote leader for quite a while, all the way up to 6/8. Presently voting Kord.

Taste: Voted Pinterest early as a meta call, then made a bunch of content-less posts calling Pinterest scum. Still voting Pinterest.

Kord: Voted Taste in reaction to Taste's meta call on Pinterest, and has kept the vote there. However, despite voting Taste, he's done a lot of posting about Pinterest being suspicious, which Pinterest is saying is scum building the groundwork to be able to switch the vote later.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hi Keane
What do you think about literally anyone and why

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hi Keane
What do you think about literally anyone and why

I think you're scum because I have a day cop that says you're scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I think you're scum because I have a day cop that says you're scum.

Is that really the best you're going to give us?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I can also perform a mysterious dance and seduce somebody.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

That's an IRL ability though, not an in game ability.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

So do you understand aggressive questioning can also be genuine now?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I can also perform a mysterious dance and seduce somebody.

Just, to be clear: you're refusing to give any reasoning to explain your only scum read?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

So do you understand aggressive questioning can also be genuine now?

I refuse to answer on principle :angel:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think Ecco neglected to add 100 to votefinder so here's a vote count.

:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:
Tremendous Taste (4): dongsbot, -dongsbot, AS, -AS, kordansk, Birdstrike, dongsbot, Max

Pinterest Mom (3): dongsbot, Somber, TremTa, KFC, -Somber, Grandicap, Somber, -dongsbot, Hats, -Grandicap, Grandicap, AS, -Hats, -KFC, -Grandicap
kordansk (3): PMom, -PMom, Max, -Max, Pmom, 100yrs, KFC

CCKeane (1): BK
dongsbot 9000 (1): KFC, Max, -Max, PMom, TremTa, -PMom, -TremTa, -KFC, chaoslord, Grandicap, -Grandicap

Grandicap (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
BottleKnight (0): chaoslord, -chaoslord
Somberbrero (0): PMom, AS, Birdstrike, dongsbot, -Birdstrike, BK, -BK, -dongsbot, -PMom, Max, -AS, -Max
Max (0): dongsbot, -dongsbot
KhyrosFinalCut (0): dongsbot, PMom, -dongsbot, -Pmom

:h: 15 alive / 8 to execute.

:d: Deadline Monday, September 19th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / (Tuesday) ~1PM AEST.
That's in :siren: fewer than 12 hours from this post. :siren: If nobody has the required votes needed for execution by the deadline, the day will end with no hanging.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yeah I'm at work on my phone so I haven't done anything for votebot yet. sorry! I get to go home a little early today though so it'll be accurate in a few hours.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I forgot all about CLord in this game but I just remembered them and that they made this post where they were paranoid about a vig for some reason.

hey this is weird

chaoslord wasn't paranoid about a vig, he used a common turn of phrase that you and AS acted weird about for no reason. "Gun to my head I'd say X" is a really normal thing to say when you have a high level of uncertainty.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I really have to get some work done today, but I'll be in around deadline. I feel confident in my vote and I don't want to move it, especially not to taste. I think there's a few more points to be made in response to pin, dong, and max, hopefully I'll have the time.

If anyone besides pin was a good vote I'd go in on bk. His Keane vote was real weird.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

please vote kord with me, since you agree with my case on him :angel:

Somberbrero posted:

I'm inclined to agree with your case but I haven't read through on my own. Seems like uncomfortable scum but I feel better about your lunch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

hey this is weird

chaoslord wasn't paranoid about a vig, he used a common turn of phrase that you and AS acted weird about for no reason. "Gun to my head I'd say X" is a really normal thing to say when you have a high level of uncertainty.

Did you not notice this the first time I brought it up? I mention it again because clord has seemingly peaced out of this game, though with ecco announcing that someone else is replacing in, it may well be him.

"Gun to my head" is a perfectly valid turn of phrase that I wouldn't begrudge him, but bringing up the vig made no sense from my end and you can go back and read our entire interaction the first time it happened.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Did you not notice this the first time I brought it up? I mention it again because clord has seemingly peaced out of this game, though with ecco announcing that someone else is replacing in, it may well be him.

"Gun to my head" is a perfectly valid turn of phrase that I wouldn't begrudge him, but bringing up the vig made no sense from my end and you can go back and read our entire interaction the first time it happened.

:shrug:

I didn't really care the first time. I don't think it's anything worth paying attention to - translating a turn of phrase into game mechanics seems perfectly innocent, I don't think there's anything to "hah! he's aware of game mechanics, therefore (???)"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

please vote kord with me, since you agree with my case on him :angel:

We'll get into it later I guess, but a light reread of the past page or two has me thinking he's kind of bad town. He's made some legitimate attempts to engage. I could be wrong and you're welcome to restate your case but I do think you're scum in my heart of hearts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

I didn't really care the first time. I don't think it's anything worth paying attention to - translating a turn of phrase into game mechanics seems perfectly innocent, I don't think there's anything to "hah! he's aware of game mechanics, therefore (???)"

I wasn't saying he's aware of game mechanics, I thought it was strange from a town standpoint to be thinking about a vig when responding to someone asking "who do you think is scum."

Anyway, I honestly forgot about it and was fine with it after it happened the first time. It was just that there wasn't anything else from Clord, really, and he was brought up again. So that was my summary.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I wasn't saying he's aware of game mechanics, I thought it was strange from a town standpoint to be thinking about a vig when responding to someone asking "who do you think is scum."

Anyway, I honestly forgot about it and was fine with it after it happened the first time. It was just that there wasn't anything else from Clord, really, and he was brought up again. So that was my summary.

fair

Somberbrero posted:

We'll get into it later I guess, but a light reread of the past page or two has me thinking he's kind of bad town. He's made some legitimate attempts to engage. I could be wrong and you're welcome to restate your case but I do think you're scum in my heart of hearts.

I've v. recently restated, I was more trying to be cute and call out your conspicuous commenting on two of the three voter leaders and leaving off the person you previously said you thought was scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

fair

I've v. recently restated, I was more trying to be cute and call out your conspicuous commenting on two of the three voter leaders and leaving off the person you previously said you thought was scum

yeah, three days ago. my position then was 'maybe but no thanks.'

and you don't have to try to be cute

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

shucks~

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

The engagement hasn't got me all that convinced though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Grandicap posted:

Hi 100! Welcome!

Hey there. It's been a while.

So I wanted to look closer at BK. And outside of his vote on Keane, which I'll pass as an early vote, nothing strikes me particularly amiss. Essentially where's BK, because that's a bad place to leave his vote, unless he's got more to add to it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the clord argument is so so so so so so so so stupid "gun to your head, whos scum?" "well, if youre gonna vig me, i-" "LOL WHOS TALKING ABOUT VIG WHY ARE YOU THINK ABOUT VIGS THERES NOTHING ABOUT OUR CONVERSATION THAT WOULD LEAD YOU TO THINK ABOUT VIGS"

its just the standard pedantic gotcha bullshit that makes people not want to post (other than general apathy) b/c the idiot crew is going to jump on you and people take that personally

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

...which I'll pass as an early vote, nothing strikes me particularly amiss. Essentially where's BK, because that's a bad place to leave his vote, unless he's got more to add to it.

Actually for the time it came about that's not a bad vote, and frankly Keane hasn't offered anything of value since, despite being more or less around. I was kinda just going to give him a pass since he's sick and all, but that doesn't seem to be actually holding him back. Irreverent Keane is scum Keane.

If Kord's engagement is an attempt at good will I'll bite.

##unvote

##vote Keane

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

the clord argument is so so so so so so so so stupid "gun to your head, whos scum?" "well, if youre gonna vig me, i-" "LOL WHOS TALKING ABOUT VIG WHY ARE YOU THINK ABOUT VIGS THERES NOTHING ABOUT OUR CONVERSATION THAT WOULD LEAD YOU TO THINK ABOUT VIGS"

its just the standard pedantic gotcha bullshit that makes people not want to post (other than general apathy) b/c the idiot crew is going to jump on you and people take that personally

Yeah it read like a joke of some sort. Completely just read past that one.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i would vote keane too

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

OK.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but i would DEFINTELY vote tremta

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

but i would DEFINTELY vote tremta

I won't be one to hold back a taste execution. I'll be puttering around for several more hours but if I can't sway anyone that Keane's the better vote then I'll switch.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if tremta doesnt get excuted tonight, im going to flip hoenstly

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well I think Tremendous Taste is town.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if tremta doesnt get excuted tonight, im going to flip hoenstly

i dont believe you im pretty sure that 'hoenstly' isnt a role in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Keane's a fine vote yeah

• Locked thread