Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
complimentary soap
Nov 29, 2014
*Surrounded by cops, a cop shoots at lucifer
Teleports away and she says search the area he couldnt have got far?
Not like he just ran away, he just dissapeared when he was standing in the front of a bar desk with no visible escape points?
Stuff like this happened though the season..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They also just kind of dropped her investigating his weirdness.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

I'm geussing she does in fact know but won't admit it yet.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Magnusth posted:

I'm geussing she does in fact know but won't admit it yet.

Yeah, it's a "Detective Lance in the first few seasons of Arrow" situation.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

esb posted:

Teleports away and she says search the area he couldnt have got far?

Sure, tell a dozen cops that the devil is real, British, runs a night club, and escaped through magic? Bye bye, enjoy your career as a meter maid when they assume you've had a mental breakdown.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Plus, the few times he has actually shown his evil meanie face it's lead to some serious mental breakdowns.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Plus, the few times he has actually shown his evil meanie face it's lead to some serious mental breakdowns.

I was curious about that, does he do something to them when he does that or is it just the simple act of seeing that the Devil is real enough to make you go insane? Luci doing it to Malcolm had no effect because he had already been to Hell. Would it have no effect on someone with 100% faith the devil exists?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, that preacher dude kinda went mental.

Or, mentaler I guess.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I figure it's an Event Horizon style "Where we're going you won't need eyes" moment of showing them the torment that awaits. Malcolm already had been in hell, he knows the horrors that await him. Can't really scare him even more with what he's already experienced, right? With his talk of how it felt like it'd been years despite being mere seconds it could be they have a break down due to weird-rear end mental torture time-dilation or something.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Lucifer is supposed to be beautiful, not Freddy Krueger with road rash.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

wormil posted:

Lucifer is supposed to be beautiful, not Freddy Krueger with road rash.

I don't think it's Lucifer's true face so much as his angry face.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bluray is coming out on Aug. 23rd :)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay!!!!!

We weren't able to do silver because the detail is CRAZY tiny, but he is looking at seeing about getting a silversmith to tackle the idea.

Until then, I'ma have to be happy with these guys.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Lucifer's mom is not named Lilith in the world of the TV show; her name is Charlotte and she will be played by Tricia Motherfucking Helfer.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
More importantly, we have a fall return date!!! September 19.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Season 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpyVaZjg8yY

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I hope nobody has forgotten that season 2 starts in 2 days.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

I hope nobody has forgotten that season 2 starts in 2 days.

2 days??? I thought this wouldn't be back until winter.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

MiddleOne posted:

2 days??? I thought this wouldn't be back until winter.

Nope. September 19.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

HAIL SATAN!!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty excited for this to come back. I'm apprehensive about Trisha Helfer. She was pretty decent in Battlestar Galactica, but everything ive seen her in since has been kind of just her doing the circuit of cashing on in nerd cred. Which is less a complaint about her as an actress and more about how she's often typecast and writers don't give her a lot to work with.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Snak posted:

I'm pretty excited for this to come back. I'm apprehensive about Trisha Helfer. She was pretty decent in Battlestar Galactica, but everything ive seen her in since has been kind of just her doing the circuit of cashing on in nerd cred. Which is less a complaint about her as an actress and more about how she's often typecast and writers don't give her a lot to work with.

I enjoyed everyone one of the four words she uttered on Rick and Morty.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Tricia Helfer hot in Battlestar Galactica.

Battlestar Galactica was apparently 14 years ago.

Tricia Helfer still hot.

I'm old.

Devil release me from this bittersweet existence.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She was a pretty great CatWoman on the second season of Powers. The only other thing I can recall her from was a single episode of Supernatural (which, iirc, was pretty good.)

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

She was on Burn Notice but I don't remember anything overly spectacular about her. But it was a pretty generic USA role.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Nice music choice for the BSG nerds watching for Helfer. :D

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Medullah posted:

Ha, that part didn't even parse for me. Amazing.

This episode was quite good, good bit of procedural core and bringing the characters back into each others' orbits. The preview makes the rest of the season look fun, too, if Helfer's going to be a common supporting cast member. That part with her slapping at Lucifer's hands while he's calling Amenadiel was fantastic.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Medullah posted:

Yeah that was great. I didn't recognize her at first, but after I rewound to hear the music again (and it was cool that the actual actor was singing) I definitely recognized her the second time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if I dig Det Ex-Husband getting a complete undo of his entire subplot.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That was a fun episode. I unironically want every episode to end with Lucifer singing a random song.

muscles like this? posted:

I don't know if I dig Det Ex-Husband getting a complete undo of his entire subplot.

That gun he got out of the evidence, did it ever actually kill anyone? Obviously not Lucifer, but I don't remember now how that preacher dude died.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Every time I watch this show, I feel like I shouldn't like it as much as I do. But drat if watching Tom Ellis do his thing isn't just fun, and I like the mythology they're playing with. And dude has pipes, apparently. I was seriously impressed when it cut from the montage to him at the piano.

EDIT: Man, I completely forgot he sang Sinnerman last season.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 20, 2016

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Yeah. That version of All along the watchtowers was really nice.

Also can't wait to see what Lilith(?) is up to.:neckbeard:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, they obviously got a small budget bump since they got a whole new police station set.

Still, show doesn't feel like it's missed a beat. The only irritating part was that IN 2 WEEKS portion of the trailer :argh:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

It's back! So's Maze. For about two seconds, when they mentioned she was working things out with a friend, the only one I remembered she had was Trixie, and my mind just went off thinking about that dynamic. :sparkles:

But her working with the doctor makes more sense. I'm a bit worried about the introduction of the Ella Lopez. Forensic scientists always make procedurals different.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They had such a big reaction to Father Frank in season 1 that they wanted to bring in a character to have the whole faith interaction with Lucifer. There's already 2 detectives, so a CSI kinda person makes the most sense for a police style show.

According to Mom, when Lucifer caught her at the end, his pants ripped :newlol: . Here's hoping that makes the blooper reel.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I appreciate new flyovers of LA. I was getting really sick of that same shot of Luci's building in every episode last season.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Wow, strong start to the season. Lots of symbolism and i'm left with lots of questions, love it. And yeah All Along the Watchtower was a cheap jab at my heartstrings that i totally loved.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
A forensic scientist who's 1) super-cute, 2) a real Christian, 3) not interested in proving the existence of God on principal alone because it would somehow negate faith, and 4) probably doomed. I get the feeling we're supposed to care for her, or at least that some of the characters on the show are supposed to care for her. And, once we care enough, they'll kill her for dramatic effect, and Lucifer will get another chance for a heel-face turn.

I mean, they're introducing a character we didn't need last season, and she's conveniently a believer who is quirky almost to the point of being unbelievable. I know a lot of believers, from casual folks who are Christians in name only to Superchristians who bring up the Lord in every conversation you have with them. None of them spare sympathy for the devil, because duh. I get that we're supposed to say, "Oh, how unexpectedly insightful and unique! She's registering 78.9 Zooeydeschanels on my Quirky-o-meter!!", but her attitude here is way too convenient to the setup of the show. And even on principal, when asked a hypothetical question about what she'd do if she could prove God exists, she's like, "what's the point? Then, we wouldn't need faith." I'm fairly confident that no real-world Christian would immediately come to that conclusion.

I hope her character arc is more complex than I'm thinking it will be. If handled carefully, her character could be a good addition to the cast.

I'm also not a fan of the ex-husband getting no punishment.

Overall, though, I'm glad to see the show is back. Looks like a fun season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pan Dulce posted:

It's back! So's Maze. For about two seconds, when they mentioned she was working things out with a friend, the only one I remembered she had was Trixie, and my mind just went off thinking about that dynamic. :sparkles:
Same.

tarlibone posted:

not interested in proving the existence of God on principal alone because it would somehow negate faith

when asked a hypothetical question about what she'd do if she could prove God exists, she's like, "what's the point? Then, we wouldn't need faith." I'm fairly confident that no real-world Christian would immediately come to that conclusion.
Yeah, that was super dumb and I hate it.

• Locked thread