Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
If I lose my Roto league, I'm going to look at the day I dropped Evan Gattis a month ago as the day I hosed it all up. What's he hit, like 15 home runs in that time?

Luckily the guy that picked him up isn't in contention but fuuuuuucccccckkkk.

EDIT: Double checked and I dropped him on August 23rd. Almost a month to the day. He has hit 11 home runs since then. :suicide:

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Pandanaut posted:

Gordon I am afraid of cutting since he's a potential category winner. But he sucks right now and he may suck without roids.

Should have specified - it's Gerrrit, not AJ Cole. Hanley I was fine with cutting, but the way he is closing the season...
I was thinking Alex Gordon but I realize you mean Dee. I'd probably keep him.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 22, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

I need him to play in a drat game!

lol I forgot about that rule, probably because I'm not sure we've had to actually invoke it before

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Sorry everyone that I picked up Ryon Healy and the My Offense Sucks Now bug has ruined him

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

lol I forgot about that rule, probably because I'm not sure we've had to actually invoke it before

I didn't even realize that was a rule.

That's a poo poo rule, tbh. Moncada was available, Panda used his waiver spot on him, he should get to keep him forever.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Alex Cobb you sunk my battleship

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
WHAT IN THE EVER LOVING gently caress TANAKA

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I didn't even realize that was a rule.

That's a poo poo rule, tbh. Moncada was available, Panda used his waiver spot on him, he should get to keep him forever.

Yeah we'll figure something out if it comes to that. It would suck though. Worst case I guess I can just get the waiver back. :v:

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Ditto. poo poo.

E:

Schweinhund posted:

I was thinking Alex Gordon but I realize you mean Dee. I'd probably keep him.

Dee is going to be an interesting case study next year. If he's right he gives you two of the most difficult categories to account for (AVG and SB), but if he isn't then...welp.

I think Villar will be the better option though.

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 22, 2016

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Oh hey it must be playoff time...

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Show the pitching line you jerk.

You can't have it all!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Can Gary Sanchez be ROY and MVP?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So last week of the season the #4 seed tanked against the #3 seed because he wanted to avoid playing the hot #7 seed if they snuck in (he missed by half a game) and me at #2. Regardless of the first round matchup, both the #3 & #4 would've advanced but now the semi-finals are swapped. I'm down 3-9 with an ERA of 9 (thanks Cobb) but would be beating him 9-5. He's getting blown out by the #1 seed, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

So much :salt: irl

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Sorry everyone that I picked up Ryon Healy and the My Offense Sucks Now bug has ruined him

Son of a

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schweinhund posted:

Hes the most sell high of all possible players. Hes the platonic form of sell high. Too bad its past trade deadlines.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

The Cubs moved Lester's next start from Monday to Sunday. I came really close to dropping him yesterday. That would've really sucked.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Schweinhund posted:

If the Yankees didn't get swept in Boston and made it into the WC (well, I guess they still technically can) I would be unironically lobbying for this.

euphronius posted:

Hes the most sell high of all possible players. Hes the platonic form of sell high. Too bad its past trade deadlines.

You shut the gently caress up he's perfect and always will be.

I still can't believe my fantasy "Pick a cool prospect to be a homer" pick actually worked out for me for once.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 22, 2016

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Me too. Tjs is a hell of a thing I guess.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doghouse posted:

Me too. Tjs is a hell of a thing I guess.

Pitcherlist picked him as the stream of choice for tonight, looking forward to the blurb in the morning.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

He's been pretty darn good since coming back but of course I had him on the bench for all of them until he gained my trust, started him in the semis and *fart noise*

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

After yesterday I'm pretty sure I'm hosed unless I can sweep offense and also win saves :negative:

liveandlove
Oct 11, 2004
In the championship of my league, my offense went 18/41 last night with 6 Hr and 18 RBI.. then i decided to stream Matt Moore.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

After yesterday I'm pretty sure I'm hosed unless I can sweep offense and also win saves :negative:

We're tied 6-6, and I don't feel comfortable at all. WHIP and ERA can get blown up in an instant, and you have a huge lead in RBI, AVG, and OPS.

My only ace in the hole is I think I hold the tiebreaker. Other than that, I'm completely unsure how this will turn out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

We're tied 6-6, and I don't feel comfortable at all. WHIP and ERA can get blown up in an instant, and you have a huge lead in RBI, AVG, and OPS.

My only ace in the hole is I think I hold the tiebreaker. Other than that, I'm completely unsure how this will turn out.

In the playoffs yahoo's first tiebreaker is season h2h which you hold, so I need to outright win the matchup, which is why I'm reasonably sure I'm boned.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
My Cobb met their Moore last night in a battle of the worst.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Twin Cinema posted:

My Cobb met their Moore last night in a battle of the worst.

Not exactly Kershaw-Bumgarner

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Yasmani Grandal, my hero, my champion

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

In the playoffs yahoo's first tiebreaker is season h2h which you hold, so I need to outright win the matchup, which is why I'm reasonably sure I'm boned.

You were saying? :emo:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Well given that as of this moment I am losing (via tie) I stand by my boned statement.

Meanwhile Panda is relaxing on a beach chair, probably with some kind of drink you drink through a straw

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jake Arrieta actually looking like Jake Arrieta might've just saved my season

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

Well given that as of this moment I am losing (via tie) I stand by my boned statement.

Meanwhile Panda is relaxing on a beach chair, probably with some kind of drink you drink through a straw

Kind of. Fully expecting to go the the beach tomorrow. :v:

Never going to count my chickens before they hatch (especially against that team), but it has been a good week so far.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
And of course, because it's the playoffs for my team, Thor gets strep throat.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Jake Arrieta actually looking like Jake Arrieta might've just saved my season

And then Ken Giles and James Paxton happened

:rip:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pretty big Jason Hammel fan right now

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Time to start drinking heavily. :cheers:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

Pretty big Jason Hammel fan right now

It's clockwork. He made it further into the year as a good fantasy option, but I had no reservations making that cut.

Time to start drinking heavily. :cheers:

Sorry. :(

E: Oh, hey Dee Gordon. Nice of you to show up.

Pandanaut fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 25, 2016

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ugh. I'm in a really tight matchup in the semis of my main league where I hold the tiebreak. We're currently tied in quality starts. He owns Jon Lester, who the Cubs moved up from Monday to Sunday, and I own Jose Fernandez, who the Marlins moved back from Sunday to Monday. So now I have no starters going tomorrow and he has an ace. Each of us have one move left on the week, so even if I stream someone, he can stream one more guy as well. Such a goddamn crapshoot and I'm going to be really salty if this move costs me a spot in the finals.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Need the Dodgers to treat Chad Bettis like he's a Giants fan in their parking lot.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hill's out tomorrow, McCarthy getting the start.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I had Oscar Taveras in my keeper league and this year I have Jose Fernandez :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Jingleheimer posted:

I had Oscar Taveras in my keeper league and this year I have Jose Fernandez :(

STOP IT, STOP PICKING UP PROMISING YOUNG LATINOS

• Locked thread