Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The thing about that is, bobonut is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
In my head, i read the post like it was Ben Carson who took the time to think before uttering bobonut. This was a positive enhancement of that experience.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Shirec posted:

Edited to pull out the best bits

Note to self: Get a job at Kerrygold

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Years from now, when I am dead and there's like twelve people left still posting on this site, this will be there. They will see it and they will make up reasons for why it looks the way it does because none of them will remember Groverhaus. I'm guessing it'll be around 2018 or so.

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nicely done.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

RandomFerret posted:

Ozyhandymandyias

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Blind Sally posted:

Ozyhandymandyias

brilliant.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

Years from now, when I am dead and there's like twelve people left still posting on this site, this will be there. They will see it and they will make up reasons for why it looks the way it does because none of them will remember Groverhaus. I'm guessing it'll be around 2018 or so.

should be a stickied thread about Groverhaus in DIY that just says "don't do this".

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

RandomFerret posted:

God bless you my friend.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

RandomFerret posted:

A future where goons have learned to let things go instead of running them into the ground years after all the humor has been wrung from them is a brighter future we can all look forward to.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Guy Mann posted:

A future where goons have learned to let things go instead of running them into the ground years after all the humor has been wrung from them is a brighter future we can all look forward to.

There are tired jokes and then there are supreme fuckups that must never be forgotten lest they be repeated.

Hihohe has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Sep 24, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah Groverhaus is funny but it's also one of those "laugh because otherwise you get really depressed, scared, and angry" situations.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Crocoswine posted:

should be a stickied thread about Groverhaus in DIY that just says "don't do this".

I have to disagree; a world without poorly executed attempts at home improvement and other large diy projects would be a cold and joyless one.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

was the basement pool next to a bunch of exposed wires DIY or was that from somewhere else?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The thread requires archives but I found the pics:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The second picture needs to be painted, my god.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah Groverhaus is funny but it's also one of those "laugh because otherwise you get really depressed, scared, and angry" situations.

Just like makin' love

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

The second picture needs to be painted, my god.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Someone get David Lynch on the line.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

No, it needs to be more classical than that

It's the lighting, I think. The dingy background combined with the single light source makes it look like a Rembrandt.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

RandomFerret posted:

It's the lighting, I think. The dingy background combined with the single light source makes it look like a Rembrandt.

Yeah that was exactly what I was imaging though the above was pretty good too.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A pelagic nightmare if ever I saw

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

So are those just his friends or other goons in that picture?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

The MSJ posted:

By the looks on their faces there is a non-zero chance that they are being held in his basement pool against their will.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RandomFerret posted:

I am limited by my utter lack of talent and the availability of suitable Prisma filters.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Actors

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

skander posted:

Crisis actors

:tinfoil:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The best part of DIY and Hobbies was The Vault Project where a central Texas man decided to against better advice construct a server farm/storm shelter/ dungeon.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

projecthalaxy posted:

The best part of DIY and Hobbies was The Vault Project where a central Texas man decided to against better advice construct a server farm/storm shelter/ dungeon.

This was hilarious, thx

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Bert Roberge posted:

Quick someone tell me what Toonces's macro should say.

MrCussMustard posted:

"The [REDACTED] Who Killed GBS"

MrCussMustard posted:

Pretty good... How about 'The [REDACTED] Who [REDACTED] GBS'?

Tetracube posted:

now change the cat's name to [REDACTED]

thecluckmeme posted:

Let's take it to the limit: redact every word. Also, censor the cat's eyes

Wheany posted:

Now change it so the cat stays still and everything else bounces around

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Sleep paralysis is hosed up, though. Had a few episodes of it myself. Never had the weird nightmares and poo poo people seem to report, but yeah, it can be scary.

PBS Newshour posted:

I had Slenderman show up once when I had it.

I was honestly more pissed off than scared.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The first time I had sleep paralysis, an incredibly angry Arnold Schwarzenegger showed up and yelled at me in my dreamvision. It was a genuinely disturbing experience.
Now it's just an annoyance. But he doesn't come around anymore. I guess he's off scaring other newbies.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Blind Sally posted:

Ozyhandymandyias

Makita "The Construction Nightmare" Koloff

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

I hope this never ends:

Tetracube posted:

We're getting there but even with the words redacted I can still tell this is a cat which drives a car from the image. Get rid of both the cat and the car

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

graybook posted:

The first time I had sleep paralysis, an incredibly angry Arnold Schwarzenegger showed up and yelled at me in my dreamvision. It was a genuinely disturbing experience.
Now it's just an annoyance. But he doesn't come around anymore. I guess he's off scaring other newbies.
The only time I had sleep paralysis was when I fell asleep on my couch to an 8 hour video of a Swiss train ride in real time. I don't know why that exact alchemy caused a demonic figure to gently caress with me.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The MSJ posted:

It's before my time, but if I remember legends correctly, yes the electro-basement pool party was a goon murder meet.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

graybook posted:

The one time it happened to me I got a penguin and my grandmother's golden retriever.

Wasn't scary, but confusing as gently caress. :shrug:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I hallucinated a giant rear end spider on my ceiling when waking up one time. I could move though, so I don't think it counts.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Every time I have sleep paralysis, I have a huge erection making a perfect tent, then my mom walks in

Unrelatedly, my family doesn't really talk to me much anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
There's this Oglaf that I'm itching to post right now.