Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

No sense of right or wrong.

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

How are they like texture-wise, to the touch? Most of the silicone dongs I've seen are super smooth and weirdly off-putting, with the exception of the hyper-realistic cyberskin or whatever which I'm guessing is out of reach of your average hobbyist.

Really depends on how you finish the silicone model. Mine go one of two ways - either I leave the clay in its natural state, in which it's very slightly rough like human skin (holds lube much better that way), or I paint it with ModPodge and it's pretty smooth. The puntl has the natural texture.

You can get other textures if you want, too. You can also mix-and-match. I did a human cock that was mostly natural clay but with a drizzle of pre-ejaculate slipping out of its urethra. Well, at least that's how I interpret it... for Elise, it's probably discharge from an iatrogenic UTI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterGoGo
Jun 16, 2015
What a great thread, dildomancer. I just happened to be finishing up a 3+ week project making a full-sized silicone human brain for a video I'm working on when I stumbled across this discussion. It was really, really fun to do despite testing the limits of my model-making/crafting/building/drafting skills, so I get why you make dragon dildos out of passion. It's cool to bring something to life.

I would definitely get in the game if I could. I don't have a full-time job, and could use a little extra money, live really close to a Reynold's, work with demanding customers in my other job(s), like to work with my hands, etc.

Do you mind if I ask how you managed to find your first buyers?

Anyways, I'll post the little video I made of The Brain since DIY's megatread doesn't seem like my crowd and there isn't a decent moldmaking/casting thread. It turned out well even though this was my first time building a mold and casting silicone and the human brain being just about the most difficult thing to mold/cast. The pour spout/ vent was extremely tricky to figure out, so some silicone got wasted before I could get it all in, hence a subtle difference in color on the top and bottom. Surprisingly the thing cured without a seam line despite my janky-rear end claying job and small number of registration nodes.

The texture is satisfying thanks to that Eco-flex 20. Just a little bit firmer than actual brain. Smooth-on really makes great stuff and I see why it's at a premium. I put a "membrane" on there with some leftover silicone with a bit of yellow and purple added to smooth out imperfections. When I use it as a prop it will be covered in some thinned-out fake blood so any fuckups re: coloring should be fine.

Anyways, enjoy. If anyone wants one for Halloween or as a desk toy to slap around, I have a very good (and expensive) mold sitting here, and a P.O. Box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIUpnCjckYA

MisterGoGo fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 24, 2016

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That's a nice looking brain and a cool video!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
This is weird. I never really knew what all went into these things.

I've seen the Bad Dragon stuff, and occasionally toyed with the idea of getting one just because it'd be funny to whip out suddenly. I actually do not even own any sort of dildos though.

Thanks for this insightful thread!

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

MisterGoGo posted:

Cool video. It looks like that was a total pain in the rear end to demold. How hard was it to make sure everything was covered in Ease Release?

My very first buyers were people I already knew. I don't know if it's unusual to have friends that are into mildly kinky stuff, but I wouldn't want to go up to most people I know and ask if they wanted a custom dildo. Without that first step, your best bet would be to reconsider your sense of right or wrong and go make an account on Tumblr, FetLife, or FurAffinity.

The Titanic posted:

This is weird. I never really knew what all went into these things.

I've seen the Bad Dragon stuff, and occasionally toyed with the idea of getting one just because it'd be funny to whip out suddenly. I actually do not even own any sort of dildos though.

Thanks for this insightful thread!

You're welcome! B-D's stuff is too expensive to just whip out for the heck of it. If you don't want to use a toy, just get something enormous from China on AliExpress or Dealextreme.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Which kind of silicone (firm, soft) is most popular, in your experience? Which kind would you recommend starting with and using to make my first dildos? (Not counting the silicone I'd get to make molds.)

Yesterday I ordered my vacuum chamber, pump and some other supplies. This is the weirdest thing I've ever done, thanks Dildomancer!

Also cool brain MisterGoGo.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

artsy fartsy posted:

Which kind of silicone (firm, soft) is most popular, in your experience? Which kind would you recommend starting with and using to make my first dildos? (Not counting the silicone I'd get to make molds.)

Yesterday I ordered my vacuum chamber, pump and some other supplies. This is the weirdest thing I've ever done, thanks Dildomancer!

Also cool brain MisterGoGo.

Ecoflex 00-50 and Dragon Skin A10 were the most popular, about equally so. I would recommend starting with Ecoflex 00-50 since it is much easier to work with than Dragon Skin.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

MisterGoGo posted:

What a great thread, dildomancer. I just happened to be finishing up a 3+ week project making a full-sized silicone human brain for a video I'm working on when I stumbled across this discussion. It was really, really fun to do despite testing the limits of my model-making/crafting/building/drafting skills, so I get why you make dragon dildos out of passion. It's cool to bring something to life.

I would definitely get in the game if I could. I don't have a full-time job, and could use a little extra money, live really close to a Reynold's, work with demanding customers in my other job(s), like to work with my hands, etc.

Anyways, I'll post the little video I made of The Brain since DIY's megatread doesn't seem like my crowd and there isn't a decent moldmaking/casting thread. It turned out well even though this was my first time building a mold and casting silicone and the human brain being just about the most difficult thing to mold/cast. The pour spout/ vent was extremely tricky to figure out, so some silicone got wasted before I could get it all in, hence a subtle difference in color on the top and bottom. Surprisingly the thing cured without a seam line despite my janky-rear end claying job and small number of registration nodes.

The texture is satisfying thanks to that Eco-flex 20. Just a little bit firmer than actual brain. Smooth-on really makes great stuff and I see why it's at a premium. I put a "membrane" on there with some leftover silicone with a bit of yellow and purple added to smooth out imperfections. When I use it as a prop it will be covered in some thinned-out fake blood so any fuckups re: coloring should be fine.

Anyways, enjoy. If anyone wants one for Halloween or as a desk toy to slap around, I have a very good (and expensive) mold sitting here, and a P.O. Box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIUpnCjckYA

That is really neat, since you don't have PMs what's a good way to contact you?

cocky read
Sep 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mp8a0ka7L8

MisterGoGo
Jun 16, 2015

Dildomancer posted:

Cool video. It looks like that was a total pain in the rear end to demold. How hard was it to make sure everything was covered in Ease Release?

My very first buyers were people I already knew. I don't know if it's unusual to have friends that are into mildly kinky stuff, but I wouldn't want to go up to most people I know and ask if they wanted a custom dildo. Without that first step, your best bet would be to reconsider your sense of right or wrong and go make an account on Tumblr, FetLife, or FurAffinity.

Yea, took about 40 minutes and I strained my lats pretty bad in the process, heh. Getting the release on wasn't too bad since that stuff is so pressurized. Gives a very thorough coverage on its own. I made sure to swirl a paint brush around every part of the mold and let it sit for 10 minutes so it could spread and settle though. I figured it works the same way as cooking sprays, like how they put that agent in there that forces the oil to spread in a thin coat on its own. Prevents pooling/over-application.

Okay very good. I'll talk to my pastor, make some accounts and get my monster clay out.

Sweet dild my man.

Rythe posted:

That is really neat, since you don't have PMs what's a good way to contact you?

I just upgraded my account, you should be able to PM me soon :hehe:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Honorable master Dong, I just wanted to complement you for this entertaining and informative thread.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Oh, god, if I weren't so broke I'd get me a beautiful elf cock too.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can borrow mine as soon as i finish

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Fauxtool posted:

you can borrow mine as soon as i finish

Start a rent it forward thread in SA mart where you keep it for five days then send it to the next user in line, like that one Gameboy game.

MisterGoGo
Jun 16, 2015
Well look at that, now I'm working on a few silicone brains for some goons. Even making a glow-in-the-dark one that will be floating in a jar on a desk.

If anyone else wants one, send me a P.M., I'm buying in bulk and can probably send it out later this week or early next week.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MisterGoGo posted:

Well look at that, now I'm working on a few silicone brains for some goons. Even making a glow-in-the-dark one that will be floating in a jar on a desk.

If anyone else wants one, send me a P.M., I'm buying in bulk and can probably send it out later this week or early next week.

How much are they?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

In my experience dildos sink, can you make a neutrally buoyant brain? Can you mix different silicones to reach a target density?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

kaschei posted:

In my experience dildos sink, can you make a neutrally buoyant brain? Can you mix different silicones to reach a target density?

Dare I ask why this is important?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Dare I ask why this is important?

Assuming they want it to float in the middle of a jar.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

MisterGoGo posted:

Can we get a picture of these brains? I'd love a glowing brain on my desk.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

kizudarake posted:

Assuming they want it to float in the middle of a jar.

It'd probably be easier in that case to make a liquid that has the same density as the silicone, instead of vice versa.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

fordham posted:

Yeah I'd be interested. I know someone who would love that.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It'd probably be easier in that case to make a liquid that has the same density as the silicone, instead of vice versa.

Very soft clear silicone?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If it was only for one night and not permanent display, I'd go with unflavored gelatin.

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

kaschei posted:

Cured silicone's specific gravity is about 1.07. I can make a toy denser by adding things like corundum, but making it lighter would be tough. I could purposely introduce bubbles, creating a foamy texture, but then the toy would be unusable. Another option is inserting a bladder during curing, which could then be inflated or deflated as needed to change buoyancy. But in the end (lol), if you really want that ideal neutrally buoyant dong, just follow the steps for making a cored toy and fill it with something lightweight like expanding foam.

EDIT: Oh! I just remembered, there are concrete additives that would probably work with silicone. They're basically the glass version of Styrofoam. Probably not body-safe, though.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Cakefool posted:

Very soft clear silicone?
Just use salt water! Brain brine!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
There is a dick in a box on my coffee table.

MisterGoGo
Jun 16, 2015

kizudarake posted:

How much are they?

Emily A. Stanton posted:

Yeah I'd be interested. I know someone who would love that.

Yea I busted my rear end making the mold/brain partially because it awakened some kind of adolescent fantasy in me. Would have been way into this when I was 12.

I'm just going on material cost right now so they're $40 each + shipping (about $10-11 delivered to a U.S. zip). It's a few pounds of premium silicone and colorant so that's the cost. The human brain is actually a pretty massive, hefty thing after all (If you want an idea of this here is a video of me dropping some of the silicone that cured in my mixing cup off of a railing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JSu94RVk4 )

I can color it any which way you'd like (for example if you want it to be more yellow like a brain in formaldehyde). But there's an additional $10 cost if you want it to glow.

All I ask is an Etsy review should I open a store and/or some pictures in this thread if you're satisfied with what you get.

I'm buying materials and talking to my guy at Reynold's tomorrow, so I'll have a more exact figure come morning. I should be shipping some out by the end of this week or early next week.

kaschei posted:

Just use salt water! Brain brine!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Yep, I may just suggest that the buyer suspend it in some corn syrup or brine it as Kaschei suggested since the brain wants to sink (like Mancer said its specific grav is 1.07). Figuring out how big to leave a void (lol) and still having it float level would be tricky to me (a retarded person :downs: ).

fordham posted:

I'll get some nice pictures as I finish them up throughout the week :D

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

USPS said mine got here last Wednesday, but I was only able to pick it up from the apartment office today. It's awesome and you are awesome.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

MisterGoGo posted:

I can color it any which way you'd like (for example if you want it to be more yellow like a brain in formaldehyde). But there's an additional $10 cost if you want it to glow.

How much to have you cover the packaging in fake blood and ship it to someone we hate?

Dildomancer
Aug 8, 2016

I'm glad everyone loves their new arrivals! I have still been making lots, just haven't been posting pics because, after a while, one puntl looks a lot like the last.

Radio! posted:

How much to have you cover the packaging in fake blood and ship it to someone we hate?

If you do this, make sure you put it in one of those lunchboxes that look like organ transplant containers.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We might be wrong about certain aspects of Elven reproduction. Elves mate for life. When the mate of an elf dies they can only remarry WITH the permission of the soul of the dead spouse. To do otherwise is fatal.

Elise proposes that Elves are able to prevent cheating or remarriage thru the use of anti-cheating antibodies. But the antibodies would require multiple, unprecedented evolutionary adaptations. The antibodies would have to persist across great distances. And they would need some sort of kill-switch that a mate could deactivate even after that mate died. That means the antibodies can't require any physical replenishment from their original host.

It's possible that the antibodies COULD be sustained by the soul of the dead partner. Elf souls are bound to bodies. When elves gently caress-marry for the first time their souls combine. When an elf dies their soul goes to a soul-waiting room. It's possible the two partner's souls might not completely split until both bodies die or until the dead mate is reborn. So why not skip the antibody middleman and just require both partners give the spiritual go-ahead to become erect or to lubricate?

This would explain why elves are reluctant to seek out a new mate or to ask their dead mate for permission to remarry. It'd be awkward enough to ask your partner to move out of your house so you can bang someone else, imagine if you have to ask them to move out of your body! It does raise the question of why fornication would result in death but that would be easier to figure out than the actual biology and evolution of elven tentacle vaginas.

This doesn't solve the problem of why male elves can't make female humans pregnant. It doesn't appear to be a genetics issue because female elves can be impregnated by male humans creating half-elves. These half-elves produce viable offspring. Their offspring are even free to choose what kind of soul (and reproduction system) they'd want: human or elf.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

Midichlorians.

Or a pheremone-activated antibody receptor?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
A side point - is there anything in the literature that gives a word for the vaj?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Geirskogul posted:

Or a pheremone-activated antibody receptor?

That doesn't explain why they need your dead mates soul to turn off the antibodies. And you still have the problem of why they'd evolve the anti-cheating mechanisms in the first place. And why they wouldn't be in a sort of genetic arms race to get around the anti-cheating mechanisms.

Elven souls being tied to a body or a waiting room is canon. Elves sharing a soul post gently caress-marriage* is canon. Elves not being able to cheat is canon. Elves needing a dead spouse's soul's permission to remarry is canon. Why go the complicated antibody route when you can go a simpler route. One where elves need their soulmates spiritual permission to get erect or lubricate?

*There's no English equivalent to that concept and I'm not about to hunt down the elvish word.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Well, if dead-wife permission were all that you needed to get remarried, it would be the done thing, rather than a remarkable historical event. I mean, assuming that elves in Valinor have ready access to the Halls of Mandos for at least communicative purposes.

However, the transfer of immune material might diminish over time, but wouldn't be a weak thing. Consider, for instance, the immunological benefits conveyed through breast milk: antibodies that persist throughout childhood and into young adulthood, with some evidence to suggest that the child's body learns to manufacture them on its own, just from a mouthful of boob sweat. Antibody exchange is not without precedent, even persistent immune exchange.

After a long period without refreshing, though, it's entirely feasible that the antibody load could be greatly diminished. And if you take interaction between the living and the dead to be largely mythical for the purposes of the Silmarillion, or symbolic, then you might interpret that remarriage to be a risk on the part of the widower, whose long-dead wife no longer contributed antibodies and whose immune response might have dulled considerably as a response. He took a chance on the new wife, and didn't die, and when people were like "yo man why didn't you go anaphylactic" he just shrugged and went, "I guess my dead wife was okay with it?"

Considering that the elves didn't seem to have a decent idea what a cell was, I'm pretty comfortable ascribing a fair amount of "soul" to unknown (to them) biological processes.

As for choosing how you prefer to live... I'm gonna guess that the choice is less cut-and-dried than we're allowed to see. Elrond's brother chose the mortal path and still lived for a really loving long time, long enough to literally found Numenor. Arwen, too, outlived her beloved Aragorn. Clearly nobody with elven blood was making the decision to live for eighty years vs. forever-- and certainly no humans were living for Numenorean spans before Elros made his choice.

I'm pretty sure Elros's claim to fame was his ability to pop his own boner. His choice of humanity was, most likely, based on the fact that he could actually knock a human woman up-- an extraordinary accomplishment that went on to establish a dynasty that eventually challenged the Valar themselves. He didn't so much ~choose humanity~ as he chose to do his own thing for a few hundred years, building on human nations rather than the complete dog's breakfast that remained of elven culture in Beleriand.

Elrond, on the other hand, whether his dick could stand for the pledge or not, ended up sticking with the elves. He married Celebrian, whose roots were complex and involved weird cross-species sex and a Valinorian warrior-princess-turned-angel-trained-enchantress, and like it or not inherited the burden of Galadriel.

So Arwen, at best, was an elf with a fairly human-looking bajinga, although if she had any choice at all we can assume that she had at least enough of whatever mysterious characteristic she needed to have some potential future of fertility with a male elf.

And as for souls: I think canon absolutely, unequivocally supports your stance, to the point that it's drat near on-the-nose. You don't have to bend or squint at all to make that happen. But it doesn't provide the clean, simple explanation for other sexual questions about the elves, and it also doesn't give you fuckin' tentacle vaginas, so I think you know what stance I choose.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I think this is a bible situation, where personal choices or hangups have been morphed into a big mythological canon after-the-fact. Simpler is that elves need to be not-depressed to achieve erection/lubrication, and that somehow there is a connection between a neurotransmitter imbalance when depressed/grieving that causes toxic spooge. Only after they have gone through the five [highly-spiritualized-and-misunderstood] stages of depression can they truly connect with another lover. Until they "get the approval of their dead ex-spouse's spirit" (read: overcome their grief/hangups) can they connect with someone else, either physically or without killing them with tainted love fluids.

E: poo poo, beaten with an effortpost while I was typing :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 27, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

elise the great posted:

But it doesn't provide the clean, simple explanation for other sexual questions about the elves, and it also doesn't give you fuckin' tentacle vaginas, so I think you know what stance I choose.

I completely agree a world with elf tentacle vaginas is the more amusing world, and if I weren't broke I'd even subsidize the creation of one!* But we'll have to disagree about your explanation being simpler.

You'd be swapping questions about the act of sex in a world with souls for questions about evolution in a world without souls and this is clearly a world with souls.

*I'd never take delivery of it though: I'd hate to have to hide it until it were found after my death. Along with a note explaining what it was and why I bought it. The same applies for the Mt. Saruman elf-dong I commissioned. It's free to Steven Colbert if he wants it. Otherwise I don't have any ideas.

Edit: As far as I know Tolkien's stories didn't have anything about non-hetero-normative relationships, intersex individuals, etc.. I wonder what sorts of gently caress-marriages they'd have. And what the proper term is.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 27, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I for one approve of elven tentacle poontang.

*chugs 5th beer*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geirskogul posted:

I think this is a bible situation, where personal choices or hangups have been morphed into a big mythological canon after-the-fact. Simpler is that elves need to be not-depressed to achieve erection/lubrication, and that somehow there is a connection between a neurotransmitter imbalance when depressed/grieving that causes toxic spooge. Only after they have gone through the five [highly-spiritualized-and-misunderstood] stages of depression can they truly connect with another lover. Until they "get the approval of their dead ex-spouse's spirit" (read: overcome their grief/hangups) can they connect with someone else, either physically or without killing them with tainted love fluids.

E: poo poo, beaten with an effortpost while I was typing :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0

Epic rap battles are retarded. I say that with no hyperbole. The only people I know that like it are mentally retarded

• Locked thread