Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Putty posted:

is that a prototype fr a SA Taken King Boardgame in your pocket anime is blood??? if it was that would be very bad and me and SIb would have to kill yu

only God can judge me :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

shut up everyone

here are three of the six character classes that you can be in the game (the real game: SA: THE LAST MOD not whatever putty is slapping together from garbage so lovely that even Windows98 wouldn't touch it)

from left to right:

Goon Shut in: you don't have to interact with the outside as much so you get more posting in
Camgoon: lots of extra goldmined threads but you will get called out incessantly so watch your back as well as your figure
Goon Classic: should be obvious

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i think i'll make a hybrid build, combining elements of shut-in and classic goon.

camgoon choice is obviously just for button-mashing scrublords heh.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

shut up everyone

here are three of the six character classes that you can be in the game (the real game: SA: THE LAST MOD not whatever putty is slapping together from garbage so lovely that even Windows98 wouldn't touch it)

from left to right:

Goon Shut in: you don't have to interact with the outside as much so you get more posting in
Camgoon: lots of extra goldmined threads but you will get called out incessantly so watch your back as well as your figure

GOTY

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

shut up everyone

from left to right:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i came up with a plot and gameplay mechanics for this shitshow. The aim is to make Something Awful: the last mod the first game based on a forum that is better than worthless garbage

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Im aiming for tedious and unfunny but it might be too hard a goal

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Haha make the items be funny references to things from SA lore... for instance make sure to add "flaming shoes" and I can only assume there will be a stairs somewhere in this game? Yes? YES PLEASE

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

there will be stairs in a house - but whose???

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
goastse

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 5, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hello old friend

:rip: shaq

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

a hero's death :cryinggoon:

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

put goatse in it

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
lol

oh you!

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
cant wait for this cool and funny game to come out :)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

AEMINAL posted:

cant wait for this cool and funny game to come out :)

yes

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

shut up everyone

from left to right:

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
When is this game coming out?

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

drat Nigga that's a good joke

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

Drad_Bert posted:

drat Nigga that's a good joke

crank my hog

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Drad_Bert posted:

When is this game coming out?

should be out before Star Citizern

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Will inventory be weight or slot based

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

8 track betamax posted:

Will inventory be weight or slot based

both, offering unrivaled fidelity and realism to the goon hoarder lifestyle simulation

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Where is the link to the npc character artwork? I have some changes to my costume I made

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

GODDAMNIT what is this thread doing here

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Pardon our dust this is a work in progress

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

both, offering unrivaled fidelity and realism to the goon hoarder lifestyle simulation

Will the weight be USCS, SI or arbitrary units? And will the weight of individual items be fabricated or statistically determined from an appropriately large empirical sample set? This is important.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

The Protagonist posted:

Will the weight be USCS, SI or arbitrary units? And will the weight of individual items be fabricated or statistically determined from an appropriately large empirical sample set? This is important.

SI and statistically determined, obviously. given the number of items the game will be polling at any given time it'll crawl on any system projected for the next few years, but since people will still be playing this 20 years in the future I think they'll appreciate the attention to detail.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
The in-game weight units are cheekily called "tenths" and they are equal to a tenth the weight of your average games poster, so roughly 35 lbs

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
A pack of pocky sticks (health recharge) weighs 25 millitenths. And takes up 2/5ths of an inventory slot

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
will i get it by christmas?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hogge Wild posted:

will i get it by christmas?

q4 2016 so get your christmas stocking ready to receive this digital downloaded product

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've got an adaptive soundtrack ready to go, so just let me know and I'll upload it to the cloud with a fully-lapse creative commons license, and then anyone can use it for their non-existent games, too.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Goon sex will be realized in a realistic and tasteful minigame where the player uses a dildo to tear off chunks of his own rectum

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Can I be a miniboss named blacktoll has autism and my main attack called speaking?

Also requesting the end boss called GBS and it's attacks called shitposting and draining lowtax bank account.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Blacktoll posted:

Can I be a miniboss named blacktoll has autism and my main attack called speaking?

Also requesting the end boss called GBS and it's attacks called shitposting and draining lowtax bank account.

Yes, we still have quite a few spots open for minibosses\bosses atm. Also what details do you want on your costume?? They must be GBS themed :clint:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

8 track betamax posted:

Yes, we still have quite a few spots open for minibosses\bosses atm. Also what details do you want on your costume?? They must be GBS themed :clint:

so... no clothes at all?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
My GBS outfit it the picture of Myrtar's loadout and my special attack was supposed to be "spergin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

lot of wild rumors and speculation in here, gonna settle it right now

Something Awful : The Last Forum is a side-scrolling, platforming and combat waves of increasingly-difficult foes and enchanting events. It's a sandbox puzzle game where players dish out destruction with a retroish feel. It also simulates space combat and the various dangers and artifacts beneath the Hollow Earth!

This is a business simulation game. Master the sandbox to create textures by combining basic operators. Trade your heart's desire away! Earn money by completing complex weaves of color and sound.

Procedurally generated voxel based physics and procedurally generated bosses utilising AI generating procedures to learn and adapt to your actions. Can you survive?

Here is an example of gameplay (pre-pre-alpha) (do not steal)

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 27, 2016

• Locked thread