Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Australia, so that's not it. More that I've seen the Sony PSN hack and won't put my card numbers near any of the in-console digital storefronts.

A hack like that could honestly happen to any retailer; including whatever store you bought your eshop card from. It's just kinda a peril of accepting non-physical currency in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

For full authenticity, the Mini Famicom controllers are actually hardwired to the system.

The trailer also gives a glimpse of the UI, save state system, and display/filtering options, which I'm sure will be essentially the same in the NA version.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 30, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendo/status/781645068956344320

Japan is getting their own mini Famicom. It even has the mic on the second controller.:3:

For reference, this console is missing Kid Icarus, Punch-Out!!, Startropics, DK Jr, Castlevania 2, Bubble Bobble, Tecmo Bowl and Final Fantasy.

In their place, it has Mario Open Golf, Final Fantasy 3, River City Ransom, another Kunio-kun game (the prequel to Crash 'n the Boys Street Challenge), Solomon's Key, Yie-Ar Kung Fu, a Tecmo sumo game called Tsuppari Ozumo and Sunsoft's notorious piece of crap Atlantis no Nazo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

For reference, this console is missing Kid Icarus, Punch-Out!!, Startropics, DK Jr, Castlevania 2, Bubble Bobble, Tecmo Bowl and Final Fantasy.

In their place, it has Mario Open Golf, Final Fantasy 3, River City Ransom, another Kunio-kun game (the prequel to Crash 'n the Boys Street Challenge), Solomon's Key, Yie-Ar Kung Fu, a Tecmo sumo game called Tsuppari Ozumo and Sunsoft's notorious piece of crap Atlantis no Nazo.

I would like to trade kid Icarus, Castlevania ii, and DJ Jr for River City Ransom, Mario Open Golf, and Solomon's Key plzkthx

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

New Wii U Selects in Europe went live along with MN 20% discount rewards for each of them.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

for those looking to get the new NEO Future DLC for FAST Racing Neo- make sure you update the game first and then access the DLC through the new in game shop menu
if you download it through the eshop you'll have to go into data management and delete the DLC, then launch the game and use the shop menu to unlock it properly.

I'm not sure what the issue is here, maybe if you update the game first you're okay to grab the DLC via the eshop afterwards? or maybe it has something to do with their multiplayer servers being down for maintenance right now?

p.s. the new tracks are super cool and the music is awesome best eshop game

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 30, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just wish the cars didn't explode instantly from a light bump and send you half way back the entire track. I wish they'd be durable, and death makes you have to retry the whole race.

night slime
May 14, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is Japan big on golf or something? It seems weird to put it there and not the US.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

night slime posted:

Is Japan big on golf or something?

Yes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Japan has a man made island that's a golf course because they'd run out of room for them on the mainland

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
there's plenty of room in Japan just not much near the major cities

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am looking forward very much to playing bubble bobble on nes mini but am shocked at the lack of Ice Hockey, the shining 2 player jewel

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shin'en released the FAST Racing Neo OST on Bandcamp today, pay-what-you-want ($5 minimum): http://soundtrack.shinen.com/?fast

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Good god, My Nintendo is the worst. They got rid of all of the virtual console game rewards and replaced them with the same lovely My Nintendo themes that they already had on there. Absolutely pathetic.

The worst part is, I wouldn't care at all about the changeover rate if they just didn't have the points expire.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Oct 1, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thexerox123 posted:

Good god, My Nintendo is the worst. They got rid of all of the virtual console game rewards and replaced them with the same lovely My Nintendo themes that they already had on there. Absolutely pathetic.

The worst part is, I wouldn't care at all about the changeover rate if they just didn't have the points expire.

I wouldn't be surprised if more game rewards go up on Monday or something. Rollover date falling on a weekend might have something to do with it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if more game rewards go up on Monday or something. Rollover date falling on a weekend might have something to do with it.

But they did the rollover. They already removed and added things.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

If MN had physical rewards of the same grade as the latest update they'd be bags of pocket lint.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

At least now I can redeem for those crappy themes that I initially passed over because I thought platinum points might eventually be useful

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fawf posted:

At least now I can redeem for those crappy themes that I initially passed over because I thought platinum points might eventually be useful

I wouldn't even bother, I got both the Mario and Zelda ones, and they both have the same irritating, generic music.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

thexerox123 posted:

I wouldn't even bother, I got both the Mario and Zelda ones, and they both have the same irritating, generic music.

This is seriously the most mind boggling thing ever, and made me immediately change the theme.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Call me crazy but I'm starting to warm up a bit towards Color Splash now, it seems to have a lot more charm and humor to it and the combat seems to be a bit better. Maybe that "Nintendo leaked the game on purpose to spread positive word of mouth" theory wasn't entirely baseless after all?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It seems like the only big change is making bosses impossible to beat with normal cards and not the Things, since they'll just murder you otherwise.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Augus posted:

Call me crazy but I'm starting to warm up a bit towards Color Splash now, it seems to have a lot more charm and humor to it and the combat seems to be a bit better. Maybe that "Nintendo leaked the game on purpose to spread positive word of mouth" theory wasn't entirely baseless after all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9KjpqzloJU

It really is charming.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Augus posted:

Yeah, I think it looks good. Not 1000 Year Door good but Super Paper Mario good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

Just beat it and yeah while it has some baffling design decisions it is a good game.

Justin_Brett posted:

It seems like the only big change is making bosses impossible to beat with normal cards and not the Things, since they'll just murder you otherwise.

They changed a few other things that they didn't talk about for some reason like how many attacks per turn you get isn't decided by how good you are by slots but where you are in the game as you get handed upgrades that allow to play more cards each turn. Also the battle spinner is pretty useful this time around, pay 10 coins and it will show I think 8 cards or so that spin around and the one you stop on is the one you get, pay 20 more and it flip them face up, pay 30 more and it slows them down meaning at this point you can choose whatever you want. It also seems to be consistent because I have always seen an assortment of jump and hammer cards, a mushroom that can heal you, a 1-up mushroom that fully restores your paint, and a thing replica card. You are right about the boss thing except for one thing, with the exception of the boss that was just posted they are all normal boss fights that you can use normal cards to fight with and they go by at pretty good pace up until you need to use the thing card at that point they become untouchable until you use the right thing card and then after that it's just normal boss fight again except they might have weaker attacks now.

"Cannon in Sea Major" is an extremely good pun.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I would have preferred the Digital Deluxe Promotion just extending to the 3DS and being extended for the WiiU. Then use those coins to get a discount for Pokemon. I uninstalled Miitomo on my phone since Platinum coins are useless for me right now since I don't really care about 15% discounts when I can get the physical version (when applicable) cheaper anyhow.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That sounds like a step in the right direction at least. Though, are they all as easy to burn down as Ludwig looked at the end?

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Also does Bowser actually talk again?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Justin_Brett posted:

That sounds like a step in the right direction at least. Though, are they all as easy to burn down as Ludwig looked at the end?

Not as fast as Ludwig and I would say getting them to their invincible phase is where most of the fights are spent on. Although they can do some nasty damage on you.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

nerdman42 posted:

Also does Bowser actually talk again?

He does but not much unfortunately. On the bright side the lines he does get are pretty good and are good reminders of how great Bowser is. Although the best part of Bowser is in this isn't what he says but what he does one that part of the plot twist of the game and the another which is only explained in the manual.

Speaking of that because there going to be confusion about this since they only explain it in the manual the save file system is a one step forward two steps back kind of thing. Saves are profile based as in the WiiU profiles which is cool, but the kicker is that each profile only gets 1 save so there is no way to replay the game without either erasing your file or starting a new profile.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
EP, how do I get the white spot in Plum Park on the trees in the top left of the second screen north? It's above water. I tried riding the barrel down the waterfall and that didn't work.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bloodplay it again posted:

EP, how do I get the white spot in Plum Park on the trees in the top left of the second screen north? It's above water. I tried riding the barrel down the waterfall and that didn't work.

In the center of the area, hit the air on the left side of it with the paint hammer and platforms will appear taking you directly to it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah the boss fights are essentially two stage. In one stage you need to do a certain amount of damage to the boss, usually you need to utilize your cards in a way where you can get past a certain invulnerability(like knocking away a pedestal, or making them dizzy, etc.), then the second stage is there part where you need to use the right Thing, but everything in the chapter is pointing you to what that thing is and there's a guy who will tell you in town. Finally you usually get to a third stage where you gotta finish them off normally.

The Things aren't "beat boss" buttons, they are more like progression keys to get them out of invulnerable stage.

Also there are regular bosses outside of three koopa kids that don't need things at all.

Ok, since you've beat it and I'm only about halfway through, where the hell are the white spots in the first underground level? I swear I've gone through with a fine tooth comb and I still only have 67%. There must be a secret room somewhere.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I liked Sticker Star then Colour Splash is probably a pretty safe bet, right

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

greatn posted:

Ok, since you've beat it and I'm only about halfway through, where the hell are the white spots in the first underground level? I swear I've gone through with a fine tooth comb and I still only have 67%. There must be a secret room somewhere.

Indigo Underground right? They're definitely secret rooms one is behind the rising pillar with a hole in it that takes you down another one is right after that jump to the right of the group of three rising pillars. Some notable spots that you might have missed after going Underground but right before the first rising pillar there is spot there that I only found by just hammering the entire level and make sure you got the bridge.

Help Im Alive posted:

Definitely.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah the bridge was the main thing I was missing. Did that and have 97% now. I'm fairly sure the entrance pipe is the last 3%, the square block around where it bends but I can't figure out how to get the gently caress over there, can't jump and Mario just goes right back in the pipe

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

greatn posted:

Yeah the bridge was the main thing I was missing. Did that and have 97% now. I'm fairly sure the entrance pipe is the last 3%, the square block around where it bends but I can't figure out how to get the gently caress over there, can't jump and Mario just goes right back in the pipe

It isn't the pipe. Something else is missing. Sometimes spots are hard to see (especially in that level) because the ground is already pale in spots.

Thanks for the Plum Park info. I don't think I would have ever found it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Houle posted:

I would have preferred the Digital Deluxe Promotion just extending to the 3DS and being extended for the WiiU.

the deluxe digital promotion owned, I used it a lot and I miss it so much :sigh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

greatn posted:

Did get the other spot right before you ride the first pillar? Had the same thought and percentage and it was the last spot I needed in the game because the light hides it and nothing indicates that it is there.

Bloodplay it again posted:

It isn't the pipe. Something else is missing. Sometimes spots are hard to see (especially in that level) because the ground is already pale in spots.

Thanks for the Plum Park info. I don't think I would have ever found it.

No problem, the colorless spots are a huge pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Who knows what a fan of Sticker Star is capable of