Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

draculas don't eat people

just their blood

shellshocked vampire urgently trying to tell the world the horrible secret of soylent blood

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwa

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
Hey is this still a cool forum to hang out in? I've been gone a while

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

shwa posted:

Hey is this still a cool forum to hang out in? I've been gone a while

yeah it's good

what you been up to?

hi how are you ♥

shwa

yeah it's good

what you been up to?

Suffering and pain and college classes

the usual

big black turnout

joke_explainer posted:

Yeah, that was a really strange turn. Complaints about police violence, profiling. Then the pitch? Bigger guns that they could kill Captain America with or w/e. Totally baffling.

is it really that surprising? superheroes seem pretty inherently fascist to me. "wouldn't it be great if instead of a justice system a vigilante just maimed/killed anyone they determined was 'bad'???" i wouldn't be surprised to find overlap between fans and the "maybe people would be killed less if they cooperated with the police" types (for multiple reasons)

Piso Mojado

MrWillsauce posted:

pretty sure ducks don't even have blood

they dont, they have cloacas

corn in the bible

Oh no oh god it's all true!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

:chanpop:

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

:love:

Ace of Baes
Apparently this guy

quote:

Loutre wrote on Oct 3, 2016 19:05:
i dont have a pun here but I've been making these poo poo threads for 10 years and i've never gotten probated for them. do you hate puns? do you hate fun?

A. thinks I'm a mod
B. thinks I gassed his thread

scarycave

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

That's a good cat.

FluffieDuckie

Ace of Baes posted:

Apparently this guy

A. thinks I'm a mod
B. thinks I gassed his thread

dead mr loutre,

please read the rules thread

also please leave ace of baes alone. he has no responsibilities currently in this forum

regards,

duckie

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

loquacius

big black turnout posted:

is it really that surprising? superheroes seem pretty inherently fascist to me. "wouldn't it be great if instead of a justice system a vigilante just maimed/killed anyone they determined was 'bad'???" i wouldn't be surprised to find overlap between fans and the "maybe people would be killed less if they cooperated with the police" types (for multiple reasons)

also if Superman accidentally destroys your home or office while fighting <generic_villain> you're just kind of SOL

See, he had to throw a car through your wall, because if he didn't No-Good-Nik was gonna put that kitty up a tree and then steal from a bank which would cause an insurance company to lose a bunch of money, and that hurts the economy

e: while I'm saying stuff everybody knows, bbt's post was of course a central theme of Watchmen

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
just gonna leave this uplifting video here so we can all maybe work on some dance routines and get inspired:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozoTzkCeO-A

alnilam

I know several people who believe in unchecked authority of the state (via the police) who will with a straight face cite the efficacy of batman as a reason that the "good guys" need to be empowered to do whatever they need.

Also Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia once famously cited the fictional escapades of Jack Bauer as an example of why torture is justified, in his legal opinion.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i just want to do whatever this guy wants

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

Also Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia once famously cited the fictional escapades of Jack Bauer as an example of why torture is justified, in his legal opinion.

:cripes:

City of Glompton

Bo-Pepper posted:

i just want to do whatever this guy wants

this guy is amazing. I can only imagine him in a cartoon world

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

City of Glompton posted:

Hey, stop stealing pictures from GTA6

<3 <3 Vanisher

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

City of Glompton posted:

i hate to say it but he's more cartoony in the real life picture

joke_explainer

Not surprising for the genre, but certainly surprising in context of the story with a BLM style rally about police profiling and racial violence. Like the crowd is cheering along as the politician is like 'these police are harassing our children in the streets!' and then she's like 'what we really need to do is arm the cops with super guns that kill even more effectively!' and they cheer.

loquacius

City of Glompton posted:

I'm imagining him as a one-off character in an Animaniacs cartoon

eonwe

hi again pals. i've been posting on c-spam a lot lately, but I should really stop in. i dont know why i keep forgetting.

eonwe

i love comics for sort of the fantasy of good beating evil, but thats just not the world. imagine if you had a punisher IRL. he would be pretty reviled, but he is one of my favorite comic book characters even still

shwa

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

i love comics for sort of the fantasy of good beating evil, but thats just not the world. imagine if you had a punisher IRL. he would be pretty reviled, but he is one of my favorite comic book characters even still

The Punisher's whole motto seems to basically be "I'm gonna go kill a bunch of poor people and somehow that will stop drugs and poo poo"

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

----------------

alnilam

Nice of you to drop in

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

alnilam posted:

Nice of you to drop in

i hope that i didn't interrupt anything important

----------------

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

shwa posted:

The Punisher's whole motto seems to basically be "I'm gonna go kill a bunch of poor people and somehow that will stop drugs and poo poo"

I hope the Punisher doesn't drive up street prices

loquacius

Well, those pandas aren't gonna be in the mood again for another ten years

bean mom

loquacius posted:

also if Superman accidentally destroys your home or office while fighting <generic_villain> you're just kind of SOL

See, he had to throw a car through your wall, because if he didn't No-Good-Nik was gonna put that kitty up a tree and then steal from a bank which would cause an insurance company to lose a bunch of money, and that hurts the economy

e: while I'm saying stuff everybody knows, bbt's post was of course a central theme of Watchmen

I feel like in the Marvel Universe, insurance must be impossible to get in any major city. Its a near certainty, property loss.

----------------

FluffieDuckie

ok if any of you have ever gotten a note from me with no sticker inside, it's because i'm old and my brain doesn't work like it should anymore.

i just wrote a nice note to big black turnout and then addressed the envelope, put the card inside, and sealed the envelope.

then i put it in the outgoing mail pile and stopped and stared at it for a minute and went "oh poo poo"

which makes me wonder how many i've sent out like that

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

hell you keep forgetting to send me anything

FluffieDuckie

hell you keep forgetting to send me anything

don't joke with me buddy. i'll tear through all my notes looking for where i was supposed to send you something

MrWillsauce

saint boner what's your address I'll send you something

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

FluffieDuckula posted:

don't joke with me buddy. i'll tear through all my notes looking for where i was supposed to send you something

nah we're square

MrWillsauce posted:

saint boner what's your address I'll send you something

we're square

hi how are you ♥

big black turnout

FluffieDuckula posted:

ok if any of you have ever gotten a note from me with no sticker inside, it's because i'm old and my brain doesn't work like it should anymore.

i just wrote a nice note to big black turnout and then addressed the envelope, put the card inside, and sealed the envelope.

then i put it in the outgoing mail pile and stopped and stared at it for a minute and went "oh poo poo"

which makes me wonder how many i've sent out like that

lol. don't worry about it ill take a nice note as my reward :)

FluffieDuckie

lol. don't worry about it ill take a nice note as my reward :)

no i ripped that sucker open and put a sticker in it and taped it shut. it looks like crap

big black turnout

FluffieDuckula posted:

no i ripped that sucker open and put a sticker in it and taped it shut. it looks like crap

hahaha. i read it as you had just dropped it in the mail for some reason. that makes it way better. ill try to remember to take pictures when it arrives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

hahaha. i read it as you had just dropped it in the mail for some reason. that makes it way better. ill try to remember to take pictures when it arrives

you receive a mangled envelope, torn and beaten beyond recognition. the note inside reads "you're next"