Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

so SA is responsible for the surfin safari revival using Radiohead as a template?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
posting to say that im seeing radiohead today and its boiling hot

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
trip report radiohead loving owns live, highlight was everything in right place segue into idioteque into there there

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

trip report radiohead loving owns live, highlight was everything in right place segue into idioteque into there there

The "EEIRP" to "Idioteque" segue at Lollapalooza was the highlight for me, too. drat that was slick.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
This is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hgVihWjK2c

Directed by P.T. Anderson

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

distance is like a weapon of self-defense against the present tense

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

distance is like a weapon of self-defense against the present tense

It's "this dance" by "distance"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

It's "this dance" by "distance"

That makes no sense, so prove it.

edit; :colbert:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

That makes no sense, so prove it.

edit; :colbert:

Sorry buddo, "This Dance" confirmed by the official lyric postcards sold at the recent concerts:

http://delicatebalance.tumblr.com/post/144747652042/the-full-set-of-postcards

(also my first post was meant to say "not", not "by")

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Dances can be powerful. Haven't you ever heard of a rain dance?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Sorry buddo, "This Dance" confirmed by the official lyric postcards sold at the recent concerts:

http://delicatebalance.tumblr.com/post/144747652042/the-full-set-of-postcards

(also my first post was meant to say "not", not "by")

:argh:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

AARO posted:

This is amazing.

This reminds me that they didn't do a From the Basement recording for this album. :smith:

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
They still could couldn't they. Were the other FTBs released just as the album was released?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

AARO posted:

This is amazing.

I wish they had performed the whole album right there. This is luxurious.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Has anyone heard anything about the limited edition?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nope. Maybe it's running late. Haven't got an email or anything.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Nope. Maybe it's running late. Haven't got an email or anything.

waste still says it's supposed to ship starting the last week of september, which i figure means most people will get them in october. I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten one yet

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Hey my thing shipped.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mine too.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Mine as well. Except I can't remember if my brother shipped it to my place or his.

The presentation video of it has me pumped. It also reminds me I really need to pick up a record player.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Does anyone know what's on the bonus disc yet?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

Mine as well. Except I can't remember if my brother shipped it to my place or his.

The presentation video of it has me pumped. It also reminds me I really need to pick up a record player.

It'll say in the confirmation email.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Some people have got the bonus disc already. Tracks are:

Ill Wind (4:16 in length)
Spectre (same I assume as the single version)

Picture of the disc: https://i.reddituploads.com/2b0f30fe8649479eb1f7302eff9f9279?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=c69e4474c0bcb905e05e68f19313a9c9

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hedrigall posted:

Some people have got the bonus disc already. Tracks are:

Ill Wind (4:16 in length)
Spectre (same I assume as the single version)

Picture of the disc: https://i.reddituploads.com/2b0f30fe8649479eb1f7302eff9f9279?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=c69e4474c0bcb905e05e68f19313a9c9

Weirdest bonus CD ever.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Weirdest bonus CD ever.

I bet there have been weirder.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Song is online already. It's pretty chill and nice. Like a laid back Amnesiac b-side.

Edit: oh man the synth is so nice!!!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This should have been on AMSP instead of Desert Island Disk

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I got a shipping notification while I was sleeping and it was in my mailbox when I got up in the morning.

That's uh... pretty efficient. Good job USPS.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
The new song is chill and good. Enjoy the synths on it

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Princeps32 posted:

The new song is chill and good. Enjoy the synths on it
Is it chill enough for the beach?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

lazerwolf posted:

Is it chill enough for the beach?

All Radiohead is chill enough for the beach.

I liked it, and kind of wish both it and Spectre made it onto the album. One thing from their vaults that I'd love to hear is their recording of Identikit from the 2012 tour that they did at Jack White's studio. And I think they might've done another song there, too.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Has every album come with two EPs? It'd be nice to know there's a couple more songs on the way before they pack it up and disappear for 5 more years/break up forever.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

Jewmanji posted:

Has every album come with two EPs? It'd be nice to know there's a couple more songs on the way before they pack it up and disappear for 5 more years/break up forever.

Since when has a Radiohead album come with two EPs? Their last EP was Com Lag and that followed HTTT.

Do you mean, like, extra singles and stuff? We had These Are My Twisted Words and Harry Patch a while after IR, and we had Staircase, The Daily Mail, Supercollider and The Butcher shortly after TKOL. There's no reason to expect more stuff from Radiohead soon based on that, but it could happen, sure.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
are there any songs we know for sure were recorded for AMSP but not used other than Lift and Ill Wind? we already got one, and I can't imagine they'd just put Lift out by itself. Maybe Cut A Hole?

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

hughesta posted:

are there any songs we know for sure were recorded for AMSP but not used other than Lift and Ill Wind? we already got one, and I can't imagine they'd just put Lift out by itself. Maybe Cut A Hole?

My long-shot hope is that they put out another album early next year in a Kid A and Amnesiac sort of deal, seeing as AMSP was so light on b-side material compared to almost every other one of their albums other than Kid A, but that might just be wishful thinking. Thom seemed to indicate in a BBC1 interview recently that he wanted to do more stuff with Atoms for Peace before doing more Radiohead stuff in the near future.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Popcorn posted:

Since when has a Radiohead album come with two EPs? Their last EP was Com Lag and that followed HTTT.

Do you mean, like, extra singles and stuff? We had These Are My Twisted Words and Harry Patch a while after IR, and we had Staircase, The Daily Mail, Supercollider and The Butcher shortly after TKOL. There's no reason to expect more stuff from Radiohead soon based on that, but it could happen, sure.

There's In Rainbows disc 2 although I dunno if that'd count as an EP. Really felt like an extension of the album itself.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Popcorn posted:

Sorry, I guess I was thinking of singles like Harry Patch/These are My Twisted Words, Daily Mail/Staircase, Supercollider/Butcher, There There/Paperbag Writers/Where Bluebirds Fly etc.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
If you recently got your special edition and there was nothing wrong with it, consider yourself lucky. Not me personally, but there have been quite a few problems apparently with the art books being damaged and items flat out missing from the packages.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

dirksteadfast posted:

If you recently got your special edition and there was nothing wrong with it, consider yourself lucky. Not me personally, but there have been quite a few problems apparently with the art books being damaged and items flat out missing from the packages.

Wow that sucks. Is there anyone defending it, calling it some sort of social commentary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I got mine today, haven't fully checked it out but the vinyls seem to be OK when I put them in the book. And it had both CDs...