Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Segmentation Fault posted:

Back then I thought knife servers were just a way to easily get the secret knife unlock but apparently people actually liked knife servers for what they were.

Also BF2142's hit detection is fine :colbert:

The hit detection works with guns, but the knife and defibrillator are incredibly awkward to use as weapons. you attack from an inch away at someone who is standing still or prone and somehow don't hit them, then move around from other angles and still don't hit them. After having this happen to me, in the same match I tried to revive someone when an enemy charged around the corner, and I accidentally defibrillated the gently caress out of him from 3 feet away. His body went flying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Segmentation Fault posted:

Also BF2142's hit detection is fine :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

whats the next 24/7 locker map

*mows down 3 dudes with man portable vickers machine gun before being felled by mustard gas shotguns shell*

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Digirat posted:

The hit detection works with guns, but the knife and defibrillator are incredibly awkward to use as weapons. you attack from an inch away at someone who is standing still or prone and somehow don't hit them, then move around from other angles and still don't hit them. After having this happen to me, in the same match I tried to revive someone when an enemy charged around the corner, and I accidentally defibrillated the gently caress out of him from 3 feet away. His body went flying.

Yeah that poo poo's broken but I haven't had much difficulty hitting dudes in 2142.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Ideally it would have both. Rented servers with the same options as BF4 and some normal servers.
TF2 has that and it works fine. There's valve servers for the filthy casuals and dedicated community hosts where people play a bit better. Then comp.

Of course BF1 will only have the first ones, and rented servers with no rcon. The tears will be glorious.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If rent-a-server model is what is takes to stop the aforementioned slew of 24/7 Retard servers then it's good and I'm glad of it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

If rent-a-server model is what is takes to stop the aforementioned slew of 24/7 Retard servers then it's good and I'm glad of it.

It's been rent a server since BF3. It's just that now they may remove rcon as well.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
It also doesn't remove the 24/7 "retard servers" either.

Really all it does is make it harder for those who do decide to rent a server to run it as you then have to be in the game client to manage it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok well then I guess I'm ambivalent about it.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I mean I definitely get where the hate comes from.

It's lovely to have to hop servers constantly just to find a good game because of all the stupid loving rules that some server admins put in place.

I'm going to play this game regardless and if it ends up being just Rent-A-Server I'll likely still rent one.

But I'd rather have rcon and procon if for no other reason than because of QOL mods that allow users to do things like deal with lovely people in the server or vote for different maps. (Note: lovely people as in they are being terrible people not lovely players.)

And if we end up with nothing and its Battlefront style but we can see all the different servers via the browser than that's fine too. As long as we can maintain a group and it doesn't get split every round like it was in the alpha and beta then I don't see any issues.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they called the fifth battlefield, battlefield 1

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Tenth Battlefield.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Tenth Battlefield.

Maybe the marketing team just forgot to put the zero on the end and then just rolled with it like it was intentional to avoid looking stupid.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Batt1ef1e1d

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I really hope they limit some of the lovely restrictions that came with late-in-life battlefield 4. My friends and I had trouble getting 3 of us on the same team/squad for more than a round or two, little yet if we had 4-5. Auto switching, squads being forcibly broken and switched around. We found one vanilla-rules server and god if it wasn't where we spent 90% of our time.

Also some of the last servers we got banned from half of them because with the faintest of trolling it set off the probably 15 year old badmins.

Literally getting banned for "advertising" after someone wrecked a bunch of dudes and said "Lol MLG join my trickshot team" and we all had the same meaningless tag on.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Literally getting banned for "advertising" after someone wrecked a bunch of dudes and said "Lol MLG join my trickshot team" and we all had the same meaningless tag on.

idk, sounds like a well deserved ban.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Whole pile of us got banned once for talking about balsamic steak

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Spontaneous food chat is really bad so I'm glad of it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Chronojam posted:

Whole pile of us got banned once for talking about balsamic steak

Balsamic steak is disgusting and ruins the steak, you all deserved it.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Deakul posted:

Balsamic steak is disgusting and ruins the steak, you all deserved it.

Hey now lets not food shame.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The only way to combat 24/7 locker 1000% tickets servers is to become a monster yourself. Goon servers where you are the badmin now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Okay, so EA's succeeded in confusing me with regards to editions and whatnot this time.

I'm fully aware the Premium Pass is the 'Season Pass' and grants free (and early) access to all of the Expansion Packs, along with ~ur speshul~ dogtags and battlepacks, but does it also grant you the extras the current Deluxe Edition offers? I could give a gently caress less about Red Baron skins. Since the Premium pass probably won't be discounted until Origin's Black Friday/Christmas sales, though - is the best 'deal' right now to pick up the base game through CDKeys for $47 and buy an AMD Deluxe code off of some guy with a decent rep off of eBay?

All I know is that as fun as this is, I'm not paying $130 for the Ultimate Edition.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Okay, so EA's succeeded in confusing me with regards to editions and whatnot this time.

I'm fully aware the Premium Pass is the 'Season Pass' and grants free (and early) access to all of the Expansion Packs, along with ~ur speshul~ dogtags and battlepacks, but does it also grant you the extras the current Deluxe Edition offers? I could give a gently caress less about Red Baron skins. Since the Premium pass probably won't be discounted until Origin's Black Friday/Christmas sales, though - is the best 'deal' right now to pick up the base game through CDKeys for $47 and buy an AMD Deluxe code off of some guy with a decent rep off of eBay?

All I know is that as fun as this is, I'm not paying $130 for the Ultimate Edition.
No, they're two different things. The deluxe edition is just early access and cosmetic poo poo.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

FastestGunAlive posted:

The only way to combat 24/7 locker 1000% tickets servers is to become a monster yourself. Goon servers where you are the badmin now.

This is why Popeadactyl's Playhouse is returning to xbox to provide a Safe Gaming Space for Goons and the finest gaming experience one can find in their living room

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Chomp8645 posted:

Spontaneous food chat is really bad so I'm glad of it.

Hotdog chat is best chat. :colbert:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

In fairness it was the first battlefield, historically, that anyone had ever seen. There were never any battles before WWI, so it makes sense.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
If there is a server that only allows for bayonet charges that is where you'll find me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
food chat is fun

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Bully Beef. Rat. Bully beef and rat with a side of mud. Bitter bloody tears.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Brb changing my Origin name to CyberBully Beef

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

moosecow333 posted:

If there is a server that only allows for bayonet charges that is where you'll find me.

if there was a cav only server I'm preordering the gently caress out of this

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

This is why Popeadactyl's Playhouse is returning to xbox to provide a Safe Gaming Space for Goons and the finest gaming experience one can find in their living room

Entire generations of pubbies have never experienced the team swap special and i fully intend to educate them on the horrors of being a worthless sniper poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

Entire generations of pubbies have never experienced the team swap special and i fully intend to educate them on the horrors of being a worthless sniper poo poo

what is the team swap special

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

what is the team swap special
I'm gonna guess swaping teams to ID all the sniper spots, and then swaping back to merc all of them 1 by 1

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Did anyone manage to roadkill teammates by ghostriding jeeps into them? I never thought to try during the beta.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Captain Beans posted:

Russian DLC with action during the revolutionary war could have some excellent options for armored train based modes. There were a few minor warlord type factions that all traveled around in armored trains pillaging wherever they rolled. I'm not sure how you run a guerilla type war when you have armored trains (you would think it would be easy to track down a train) but apparently it was quite a process to defeat these groups.

woah woah hold up, you had russian train pirate warlords? where do I read about this

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

MadBimber posted:

woah woah hold up, you had russian train pirate warlords? where do I read about this

It's pretty much common knowledge in the Russian Civil War so pretty much any book about it now, said conflict is just as hosed up as the 1st World War but weirdly a post script in the weird rear end nature that was our world during both World Wars.

It'd be pretty awesome if DICE did a Russian Civil War expansion and saved WW2 for a seperate game.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I just need a map that I can camp out chokepoints on with a mortar till people rage. That was the only reason I ever entered a locker server in BF4 and it was ridiculously enjoyable.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Delacroix posted:

Did anyone manage to roadkill teammates by ghostriding jeeps into them? I never thought to try during the beta.

Only the double ghosting works (same as in BF4). You need two jeeps. Park one jeep behind your recon, then ram that jeep with another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

evil_bunnY posted:

I'm gonna guess swaping teams to ID all the sniper spots, and then swaping back to merc all of them 1 by 1

a better term for it is badminton, in the bf3 days 2 badmins would find a lovely player and bounce them from team to team as soon as they respawned until they quit the server