Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

paradoxGentleman posted:

These ones in particular aren't previews, they're standalone shorts.
I do however also watch the previews because I'm basically a SU addict.

Oh, so those aren't going to be in the episodes? Hm I should check them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Attestant posted:

One game I found completely inpenetrable as a small kid was one of the Ultimas, don't even know which one, but I remember reading the manual over and over. It had wizards and stuff!!

I remember that when I was 7, the school computer had Ultima 7 on it. Blowing yourself up with lit bombs in your backpack was the height of entertainment.

It also had syndicate.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

EagerSleeper posted:

I tried googling this, but nothing came up. What is this referring to?

River City Ransom is an amazing NES side scrolling beat em up with some RPG elements in it, in one of the tunnels as you get near the wall an opening appears and it leads to a magic shop with Excalibur in it. You can't wield it, but holding it gives you the biggest stat gain in the game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

EagerSleeper posted:

I tried googling this, but nothing came up. What is this referring to?

There's a hidden shop in River City Ransom. When you get to the underpass, hug the top wall and keep trying to enter doors. The shop sells the priciest and most potent stat boosts in the game, including "Excalibur", which cranks up your damage with looted weapons.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

paradoxGentleman posted:

These ones in particular aren't previews, they're standalone shorts.
I do however also watch the previews because I'm basically a SU addict.
:agreed:
Shorts were cute. Lapis and Peridot @ the barn continues to be amazing.

Looking forward to Steven's grocery haul and/or Greg's channel of King Crimson and fine malt liquor.

"Now this here is a King Cobra from 1988. The good stuff, back before 'regulations' . Real rock polish, and believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about."

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 6, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

GunnerJ posted:

Oh, so those aren't going to be in the episodes? Hm I should check them out.

Well together they make up one episode so we're now 8 episodes into season 4 but yeah

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Eela6 posted:

:agreed:
Shorts were cute. Lapis and Peridot @ the barn continues to be amazing.

Looking forward to Steven's grocery haul and/or Greg's channel of King Crimson and fine malt liquor.

"Now this here is a King Cobra from 1988. The good stuff, back before 'regulations' . Real rock polish, and believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about."

Would Greg let Steven watch that channel? I know he's easygoing but...

Someone at NYCC should ask if it would be possible for Steven to get drunk. Doesn't count as a spoiler cause that's sure as hell not going to be in an episode, yet its not beyond the threshold of appropriate weirdness to ask, I think.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

River City Ransom is an amazing NES side scrolling beat em up with some RPG elements in it, in one of the tunnels as you get near the wall an opening appears and it leads to a magic shop with Excalibur in it. You can't wield it, but holding it gives you the biggest stat gain in the game.

Glazius posted:

There's a hidden shop in River City Ransom. When you get to the underpass, hug the top wall and keep trying to enter doors. The shop sells the priciest and most potent stat boosts in the game, including "Excalibur", which cranks up your damage with looted weapons.

Thank you! This was my first time hearing about this! :)

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Flying-PCP posted:

Would Greg let Steven watch that channel? I know he's easygoing but...

Look, Steven doesn't need to know about RockandRye72. He's got enough on his plate.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SlothfulCobra posted:

CK2's content isn't nearly as bad for children as its sheer density. Paradox games are an uphill battle to learn to control. Also weird when I think about it is Age of Empires 3, because that's about as old as Connie, and I thought that AoE 2 was the more acclaimed one for retro gamers. Also instead of Steam, this world has grid.

Also I guess this means that Steven doesn't have a "real" computer aside from his phone, which is a bit of a shame, but I guess he doesn't have any real reason for one. He's got no papers he needs to type, no high-powered games to play, no advanced computer needs, and the temple probably isn't hooked into the infrastructure to get a wired internet connection anyways. It's not like Greg's into computers at all either; he probably still uses an old adding machine for his taxes.

Oh, it's not that CK2 is particularly unfriendly to children--it's that I do not think that Steven is the type to assassinate his children or his neighbor and their children in order to insure a perfect succession.

Connie, on the other hand...

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Heads up. An official Gem Harvest preview clip just went up.

You didn't tell me you were gonna kill it! :cry:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

EasyEW posted:

Sure hope this episode comes soon and not Thanksgiving, as I found on the rumor mill...

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

EasyEW posted:

And it's just as serious as people thought it would be, yikes!

Steven's a murderer!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Floodkiller posted:

Sure hope this episode comes soon and not Thanksgiving, as I found on the rumor mill...

Seems like it could be either Halloween or Thanksgiving themed, so who knows.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Did it go up with a date?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

EasyEW posted:

I love how it's exactly what people thought it was going to be about.

The title was too cool to actually be something about real gem harvesting as mentioned by Peridot when she got captured. No, no. Of course it was going to be about someone harvesting stuff in a farm. YOU CAN'T FOOL US ANYMORE SUCROSE.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bongo Bill posted:

Did it go up with a date?

Well, maybe the next one will have a date on it. :unsmith:

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
They already juked us with Last One Out of Beach City, this title is a callback to a specific ominous line, plus it's a Peridot/Lapis episode. I'm going to be legitimately peeved if we don't find out something about what it means to 'harvest' gems.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Called it.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Well, maybe the next one will have a date on it. :unsmith:

According to the CN schedule, it airs this upcoming Wednesday the 12th at 8:30p. I suppose that may be subject to change.

IS FARMING WITH CUTIES GOING TO TEACH US ABOUT ANTI BULLYING???

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
an anti-veganism episode?

cool.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

You didn't call all the violence and gore.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

LemonLimeTime posted:

According to the CN schedule, it airs this upcoming Wednesday the 12th at 8:30p. I suppose that may be subject to change.

IS FARMING WITH CUTIES GOING TO TEACH US ABOUT ANTI BULLYING???

I think that's Gem "Hunt"

Interesting that they still carve pumpkins despite Halloween not existing

Flying-PCP fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 7, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's on youtube, but spoilery image, so I won't post the link.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

loving CHRIST Steven. Zero chill.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, Gregs been teaching Steven some dark stuff.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Steven is a monster.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

God, another Steven's Knife episode? It's a theme, we get it.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Flying-PCP posted:

Ah drat, you're right. I misread.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bobulus posted:

God, another Steven's Knife episode? It's a theme, we get it.

Nothing beats Steven's life, stabbin' folks with his Steven knife.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flying-PCP posted:

Wait, how do you know Halloween doesn't exist?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, how do you know Halloween doesn't exist?

Word of God on twitter

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well that's depressing, that's the best holiday! The gems have truly ruined the earth.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Supposedly, nothing based on any religions in the real world exists because the whole gem invasion messed with that part of human culture.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I hope "the version of Thanksgiving you were taught in first grade" is what actual history is. Some white people arrived, everyone had lunch together, and we've been friends ever since! The end!

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
This is gonna end as gruesome as the watermelon episode isnt it?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Flying-PCP posted:

Supposedly, nothing based on any religions in the real world exists because the whole gem invasion messed with that part of human culture.
Watch, it's gonna turn out that all of Beach City celebrates Diwali.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So when is this poo poo airing/leaking

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey I finally caught up on this and I'd just like to say that Smoky Quartz is great, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Attestant posted:

ONE THOUSAND AND EIGHTY.... PEAS!

NO!

WarpedNaba posted:

I remember that when I was 7, the school computer had Ultima 7 on it. Blowing yourself up with lit bombs in your backpack was the height of entertainment.

It also had syndicate.

In high school, mine had Quest for Glory 4. The person who ran the lab kept trying to eliminate it, so I would back it up and move it from computer to computer so other students could experience the joy of getting stuck on that bug with the slime slide near the beginning.