Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Poil posted:

He is also complaining about how much the game crashes. :(

This concerns me also. I wonder if it's going to be a hardware-specific thing, I haven't noticed the other early access people talking about it. But I haven't seen many of them that late in the game either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Cross your fingers and hope the prerelease build is less stable than the full one

bisonbison
Jul 18, 2002

Have any of the streamers played much in strategic view? Obviously that's not their ideal setup for streaming - i'd just like to see it in use for more than 2 seconds.

And can you set your preferences to launch a game in strategic view? My laptop's gonna be chugging along on this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

bisonbison posted:

Have any of the streamers played much in strategic view? Obviously that's not their ideal setup for streaming - i'd just like to see it in use for more than 2 seconds.

And can you set your preferences to launch a game in strategic view? My laptop's gonna be chugging along on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxJ_9vV3Rfw&t=1080s

Here's a look at it in movement for a moment with an additional explanation of why you probably don't see it all that much. People really didn't like watching streamers play Civ V in strategic view because Civ V's strategic view was a lot less interesting

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

You know what's going to make me laugh my loving rear end off? If the first mod for Civ 6 that hits the Workshop is Hitler.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain Fargle posted:

You know what's going to make me laugh my loving rear end off? If the first mod for Civ 6 that hits the Workshop is Hitler.

Tossup between that, ponies, and nude female leaders.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cythereal posted:

Probably a combination of those three.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Probably a combination of those three.

Nude Female Pony Hitler sounds like a terrible band name.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cythereal posted:

My guess is the first mod will be butthurt civfanatics posters replacing the quotes with those from Civ 4 and 5.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

My guess is the first mod will be butthurt civfanatics posters replacing the quotes with those from Civ 4 and 5.

Ideally with them providing their own terrible yorkshire va.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

It'd be cool if you could randomly switch between them all (for techs that overlap that is). Don't know if they'd allow the voices to be uploaded, but it could copy from a local copy of Civ 4/5 that you own.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The first Workshop mod will be a "graphics fix" that's literally just saturation -75%, brightness -30%, and internet autists will now claim that the game is "fixed" and no longer designed for Facebook or iOS kiddie casuals.

The arguments will continue for months.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

RBA Starblade posted:

I was thinking about Civ Rev on the DS and how hilariously easy it was to beat on Deity, then saw that Civ Rev 2 is a thing that's out I could get. Is it worth the ten dollars?

I don't think anyone replied to you, but the answer is a definite no.

It's basically the same game except with a cash shop hamfistedly inserted.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Chin Strap posted:

It'd be cool if you could randomly switch between them all (for techs that overlap that is). Don't know if they'd allow the voices to be uploaded, but it could copy from a local copy of Civ 4/5 that you own.

They're already going to have more than one quote for each tech that they'll randomly swap between so that should be possible. Welcome even, in comparison to the day one trump leading america mod that'll happen.

webmeister posted:

The first Workshop mod will be a "graphics fix" that's literally just saturation -75%, brightness -30%, and internet autists will now claim that the game is "fixed" and no longer designed for Facebook or iOS kiddie casuals.

This would probably be a rather difficult mod to make if my understanding of video game graphics is accurate

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Research indicates the first mod to Civ V just added a clock to the UI so you don't lose track of time as easily. Fair enough.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

They're already going to have more than one quote for each tech that they'll randomly swap between so that should be possible. Welcome even, in comparison to the day one trump leading america mod that'll happen.

That's as easy as making all the quote possibilities for each tech the same quote.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Research indicates the first mod to Civ V just added a clock to the UI so you don't lose track of time as easily. Fair enough.

Wasn't this an option setting in 4? Wonder why they stopped that.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

All games should have this.

So is there any purpose to getting unique luxury goods in 6 over duplicates?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

Chin Strap posted:

All games should have this.

So is there any purpose to getting unique luxury goods in 6 over duplicates?

If I understand correctly each unique luxury increases your city's amenities and each copy allows said amenities to be applied to more cities.

Going off this at least, unless I'm misreading it http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Resources_(Civ6)#Luxury_Resources

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My only problem with Sean Bean doing the narration is I expect the narrator to die by the end of the game in some form.

I will always miss Nemoy narrating and baba yetu as the opening score, but am willing to settle for others.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Speaking of mods, the only thing they have said about mod support seems to be a small tidbit two months ago about how you will be able to use them in multiplayer. Has there been anything new since then? It would be amazing if they finally decoupled gameplay from UI mods.

Re: Strategic view: It looks amazing, and if they decide to implement 2D units for it, even without any animation, I will never play in 3D again.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Rexides posted:

Speaking of mods, the only thing they have said about mod support seems to be a small tidbit two months ago about how you will be able to use them in multiplayer.

That alone is a big step forward. The amount of faff you have to do to get that far in 5 is ridiculous.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

If that gets in before Hitler or Poland I'll be VERY surprised.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

There are multiple quotes per tech, maybe some of the old ones are still in there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope when you win with a science victory you get a splash screen that says "You have taken humanity to Mars! Now continue the journey in Soren Johnson's Offworld Trading Company [link to Steam page]"

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Two weeks! :woop:

Cythereal posted:

Nude, female Hitler on a pony.

vvv That's just absurd.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 7, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tarquinn posted:

Nude, female anime Hitler on a pony.

ftfy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

also needs 'in'

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Then it should produce more food :colbert:

The only way I can see it providing more production is if the oxen are fitted with cyborg limbs so they can pull heavier plows
But then what would Behemoth pull? :confused:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

:spergin: Settled on the coast with no fresh water or coastal resources? Plus a trade post on a desert tile and a fort on a river tile? loving amateur hour there.

At least the Civ 6 city has a really good spot for an aqueduct next to the mountain.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

El Disco posted:

:spergin: Settled on the coast with no fresh water or coastal resources? Plus a trade post on a desert tile and a fort on a river tile? loving amateur hour there.

At least the Civ 6 city has a really good spot for an aqueduct next to the mountain.

Whoever re-enacted that scene forgot to put a second farm on the near side of the river. Amateur hour indeed. :colbert:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

What are people's favorite playthrough videos that have been posted so far? I need to torment myself with the fact that this isn't out yet some more.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

webmeister posted:

I would love for someone to make a mod with a better grasslands texture and better trees. I think everything else looks pretty good though.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

SlothBear posted:

What are people's favorite playthrough videos that have been posted so far? I need to torment myself with the fact that this isn't out yet some more.

I've been watching all of FilthyRobot's stuff on youtube. He posted multiple runs where he is still learning stuff which I found interesting to hear his process of learning.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

SlothBear posted:

As with every game he plays I have to recommend quill18

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Khisanth Magus posted:

As with every game he plays I have to recommend quill18

Yea, Quill is just so loving cheerful it's endearing. He's not the best player, but the enthusiam and... I dunno... loving joi de'vie or whatever really makes it fun to watch.

Watching some dude like FilthyRobot sperg out for five minutes over proper city placement and meta-gaming horseshit this early is just brain-melting boring.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! :buddy:

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Chin Strap posted:

I've been watching all of FilthyRobot's stuff on youtube. He posted multiple runs where he is still learning stuff which I found interesting to hear his process of learning.

I generally like his stuff but man he has some of the worst reading compression I have ever seen. It's like if he's skimmed past something once and half understood it then his brain refuses to go back and reread it. Even if he knows he's missing something.

Plays Germany "where am I getting an extra military policy slot from?" Franticly looks through civilipedia, skipping past the first line of Frederick's unique ability at least five times in the process.

Plays Rome "I swear there's something you can build aquaducts next to mountains." Flips through civopedia, ignores the building tool tip that has mountain as the first thing in the list of things an aquaduct can pull fresh water from.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah that's been pretty frustrating to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
I think Marbozir is the only streamer guy I've watched for this game that I can actually stand for more than a few videos. Can't stand quill's "enthusiasm" (especially considering that he he can actually talk like a normal person, like in older videos he's done) and FilthyRobot settles into this way of talking where his voice just grates on my nerves really badly. He also misses some really obvious stuff because he just doesn't read stuff.

Feeling whiny here but yeah... Marbozir's playthrough is the best one I think. He does a good job of presenting the game while learning the mechanics himself.