Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Goofballs posted:

On one level its funny to see people raging about sprays who are almost certainly the same people who jerk it to the memory of 1.6 and on another level I don't actually want them in competitive either.

This argument doesn't hold up because charging for a finite number of pre-set sprays is stupendously dumb considering what it used to be in earlier versions. The possibilities were limitless and some sprays could be incredibly funny and/or gross to the rest of your team/server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Valve is loving up CS's poo poo and making the fans pay for it. It owns.

I wonder when there'll be some kind of thing where they add new maps to the game and you can play those in matchmaking. That'd be cool. It's been like a year since they did that.

E: Oh I forgot that awful time they had Santorini in counted as an operation.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 7, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Oops! Looks like you're out of Matchmaking Tokens for today! You'll have to wait until 12 PM PST for more. Or you can purchase a package of 10 Matchmaking Tokens for $6.99!

e: jesus h christ i'm drawing comparisons between where valve is now with minimum effort money grabs and where they could easily go in the future. it's not accurate and that's the point. it's an outlandish statement that's supposed to be funny purely because we could have said the same thing about sprays a year ago and, whoops, here we are.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 7, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

fennesz posted:

Oops! Looks like you're out of Matchmaking Tokens for today! You'll have to wait until 12 PM PST for more. Or you can purchase a package of 10 Matchmaking Tokens for $6.99!

????

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

this is valve

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

fennesz posted:

e: jesus h christ i'm drawing comparisons between where valve is now with minimum effort money grabs and where they could easily go in the future. it's not accurate and that's the point. it's an outlandish statement that's supposed to be funny purely because we could have said the same thing about sprays a year ago and, whoops, here we are.

$5 for a token to let you play two more placement matches that day. Get the smurfbux.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
haha

talk about your crash n burn

who didnt see this coming tho, yall knew it, just didnt wanna admit it

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I wouldn't mind if they didn't work in competitive but of course they will.

Just make them only visible to your teammates, Valve. Even Overwatch got that right.

Elman fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 7, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Just wait for one of the upcoming pro matches to have one of the players stick a spray in the right place to trick the enemy into shooting at the wall before getting owned and Valve will be forced to come up with some solution, even if it's as disappointing as "sprays off for pro matches".

Otherwise it's gonna be non stop pay money to trick people to shoot at this particular spray non-stop and those spray prices go thru the roof on the market.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Really looking forward to the new grenade sounds

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Goofballs posted:

On one level its funny to see people raging about sprays who are almost certainly the same people who jerk it to the memory of 1.6 and on another level I don't actually want them in competitive either.

This is a weird statement because it makes no sense that only people who prefer 1.6 would dislike the commiditization of sprays, and because it is in no way a burn on people who prefer 1.6 to say that they would dislike this version of sprays, and because generally the humor in a statement like that would be some type of contrasting behavior, like if they had charged for sprays in 1.6 it would be funny, but they didn't.

Also it's weird that you feel like you should be dropping burns on people who like 1.6 anyway. It's like console wars, but way way way more baseless, because it is the same game franchise.

:confused:

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Elman posted:

I wouldn't mind if they didn't work in competitive but of course they will.

Just make them only visible to your teammates, Valve. Even Overwatch got that right.

Huh, I didn't realize that was the case for overwatch.

Anyways, stickers are fun, sprays are fun. The idea that they're limited use is at least funny when you consider that you're spending uses to mock the other team. One round we switched sides and our spawn had been littered with little hearts everywhere.

The way that you actually apply sprays is pretty neat if not a little overwrought, it reminds me like how you place buildings and stuff in a survival game. I dunno if CS can have stuff that's "immersion breaking" but that felt like it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they are cool and good

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Xenaero posted:

haha

talk about your crash n burn

who didnt see this coming tho, yall knew it, just didnt wanna admit it

I didn't see it coming because I never thought about sprays. I expected character customization or something but not graffiti.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I couldn't play for a couple weeks and was looking forward to coming back but now I'm not so sure.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao well, good thing they put all that effort into new sound effects for the guns!

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Kinguin beat Godsent, :laffo:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Tevery Best posted:

Wow, 16-8 on Train! Here's the timecoded vod link https://www.twitch.tv/starladder_cs_en/v/93453733?t=06h19m30s

Love watching them lose

Intense knife round :eyepop:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ArmZ posted:

I couldn't play for a couple weeks and was looking forward to coming back but now I'm not so sure.

It has almost no effect on gameplay though

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Tevery Best posted:

Kinguin went 4-0 in groups :popeye:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

s1mple got a tattoo of his graffiti, good for him.

https://twitter.com/s1mpleO/status/784370680896819200

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
i am cringing picturing him explaining his tattoo to his children

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I just want Zeus skins, is that so much to ask for Valve? Gimme some stat trak tazer goodness.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

real dilemma posted:

children?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

real dilemma posted:

"I was one of the best in the world at a game, and the developers made an image to celebrate an amazing play I made, and this is that image" Truly, he should be ashamed to tell this story.

E: I have a tree tattoo because I think it looks dope. What will I tell my children??? :(

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

surc posted:

E: I have a tree tattoo because I think it looks dope. What will I tell my children??? :(

That you hosed a tree.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Tevery Best posted:

GODsent has some really weird mental block with Kinguin, cause I don't think they've ever won a match against them

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HiipFire posted:

GODsent has some really weird mental block with Kinguin, cause I don't think they've ever won a match against them
Also, Godsent sucks, that's part of it.

I do enjoy feeding off mcvey's tears, though. :getin:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

HiipFire posted:

Could also be that Godsent is bad in general.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/SPUNJ/status/784414671407288320

God bless this mess.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Imagine if CSGO actually had like a professionally-operated organization that structured all these events so this clusterfuck couldn't happen. And maybe a player's union too to protect the players and make sure they actually get paid and treated decently. Ha, what a crazy idea though.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RyokoTK posted:

Imagine if CSGO actually had like a professionally-operated organization that structured all these events so this clusterfuck couldn't happen. And maybe a player's union too to protect the players and make sure they actually get paid and treated decently. Ha, what a crazy idea though.

haha unions what a scam

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

They tried to do this with WESA and everyone threw a goddamn fit.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Kuros posted:

That you hosed a tree.

Don't be crude. What me and that tree had was a sweet, tender, love, and the sappiest of relationships.

Famethrowa posted:

They tried to do this with WESA and everyone threw a goddamn fit.

Everybody "threw a goddamn fit" because the way they structured the organization was loving retarded and essentially guaranteed to facilitate corruption. Most pros have expressed a desire for more structured organization regarding tournaments, and are definitely in favor of a players union.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

WESA was basically going to try to kill and 2nd and 3rd tier tournaments that weren't run by ESL/DHack.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
I have a series 2 chroma pin with an unscratched code. How much can I sell this for?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Looks like several web stores are selling them for like $115 or like 97 pounds but I don't know how to do the british money pound symbol.

E: Oh uh... ebay has a range, but looks like you can get good money: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=cs%3Ago+chroma+pin&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/Sadokist/status/784680423326711808

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Oct 8, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I predict another first round exit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

As if to prove it, Godsent just got destroyed by Dignitas. 16-10 and then 16-3. Pretty embarrassing.