Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Sombra's ultimate turns on friendly fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

i'm gonna go off in a different direction and say she creates illusions or some poo poo, possibly with audio fuckery like the Predator.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dyz posted:

If that's Sombra then her first skin better be a Zorg skin.

gently caress, I never realized I wanted something like this, but now I do.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
That sombra model looks dumb as hell.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's wrong with it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not in the game as a playable character yet

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

What's wrong with it

It looks like a character from the game BattleBorn, or perhaps, on a good day, Hi-Rez Studios' Paladins.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
The problem with stealth is that it's either overpowered or useless. Only thing I can think of working is a passive that briefly makes her invisible for a few seconds when down to 15% health, operating on a 30 second cool down. So it might give you a brief opportunity to escape if you have allies to distract your opponents.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Why the gently caress does it look like a PS2 game.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Since she is a hacker she will probably disable deployables, such as turrets, traps etc using emp grenades and maybe has a the ability to see them as silhouettes, so she can counter junkrats traps. The emp grenades can be effective against shields too.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
A Shadowrun rigger would be a pretty cool character and in canon with the setting. They've already got plenty of cyber samurai and mystic adepts.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Shnag posted:

Since she is a hacker she will probably disable deployables, such as turrets, traps etc using emp grenades and maybe has a the ability to see them as silhouettes, so she can counter junkrats traps. The emp grenades can be effective against shields too.

Finally, the Torb and Symmetra counter we've all been waiting for.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shnag posted:

I feel like a character that counters such powerhouse heroes as symmetra and torbjorn is probably not what blizzard is going for

disabling shields would be insanely powerful tho. just think about the effect that would have on zarya

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It'd actually be pretty good for game if there was some (unreliable) way to CC people through zarya shields.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
What else can she do though? It is confirmed that she is a hacker so she has to hack something. An other possibility is a new builder that has drones that float behind her. We already have the training bots, that can float around, they could just make something smaller. Her hacking could be boosting her drones in some way. Hacking also could be a debuff of some sort, like reduced damage instead of reduced defense, healing and speed that we have now. (Edit)

Shnag fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 9, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shnag posted:

What else can she do though? It is confirmed that she is a hacker so she has to hack something. An other possibility is a new builder that has drones that float behind her. We already have the training bots, that can float around, they could just make something smaller. Her hacking could be boosting her drones in some way. Hacking also be a debuff of some sort, like reduced damage instead of reduced defense and speed that we have now.

disable active abilities or slow down their cooldown, increase ult charge rate or remove some of it. that'd be really strong to have (maybe too strong even). she needs something that effects all heroes rather than being designed entirely around countering ineffective niche heroes that only even get played on defense most of the time

she could also cause you to move slower or something I guess. if you're gonna hard counter one hero, it might as well be lucio

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Sombra's ult should gently caress up the opposing team's UI, like that one boss fight in Deus Ex Human Revolution.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ah, something completely useless then

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

strong bird posted:

Ah, something completely useless then

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh yes please make another almost decent builder.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ack! I, a child playing a child's game, cannot remember where The Road was!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Manatee Cannon posted:

I feel like a character that counters such powerhouse heroes as symmetra and torbjorn is probably not what blizzard is going for

disabling shields would be insanely powerful tho. just think about the effect that would have on zarya

Forget zarya and her two second shields. Imagine Winston and Reinhardt.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

strong bird posted:

Ack! I, a child playing a child's game, cannot remember where The Road was!

It's useless in Mario Kart but in an FPS it would probably throw people off I guess (I don't think it's a good idea)

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Having a character that completely disables all shields, including Zarya, Rein, and Winston would be such a significant hard counter... I think more than any other hard counter currently in the game. Not sure it is something that would be beneficial.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sombra's ult is Mr.Resetti

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

Having a character that completely disables all shields, including Zarya, Rein, and Winston would be such a significant hard counter... I think more than any other hard counter currently in the game. Not sure it is something that would be beneficial.

It sounds like it would make defense impossible in a game that already heavily favors offense.

lfield
May 10, 2008
I want the friendly fire ult so much.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that'd be lame and thankfully will never happen

CaptainScraps posted:

Forget zarya and her two second shields. Imagine Winston and Reinhardt.

I was actually thinking of shield health (the blue kind that recharges) when I said that, not actual shields

either way that ability is broken and not happening

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Help Im Alive posted:

What's wrong with it

All the ways that it is

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sombra's ult uses the email you registered with Blizzard to email a random person on your contact list a note telling them that they're a wonderful person and that you should try and make time to spend with each other in the real world, away from computers.

Thus, you have to scramble to try to figure out who the email went to and if it is going to be helpful and heartwarming or cause some personal problems and perhaps compromise your current relationships.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
An ultimate that immediately kills all Genjis would be the most welcome addition.

Or disables all cybernetics. So Genji, Mccree, Soldier, Rein, Pharah, etc would be shut down to different degrees while Hanzo, Junkrat, Roadhog, would be completely uneffective. Anything that is all digital high tech is disabled so some can still move or shoot maybe and genji would be 100% shut down. The ultimate emp

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Sombra's ult removes 20 seconds from the timer if you're defense, adds 20 seconds to the timer if you're offense, or adds 5% to your control of the control point

Jastiger posted:

An ultimate that immediately kills all Genjis would be the most welcome addition.

Or disables all cybernetics. So Genji, Mccree, Soldier, Rein, Pharah, etc would be shut down to different degrees while Hanzo, Junkrat, Roadhog, would be completely uneffective. Anything that is all digital high tech is disabled so some can still move or shoot maybe and genji would be 100% shut down. The ultimate emp

I don't think Pharah has anything cybernetic, she just has a jetpack and a rocket launcher

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You could make an anti-forcefield ability without making it a 100% reliable counter.

Like you could make a moderate speed projectile on a slow cooldown that does 500 damage to shields and specially doesn't give zarya charge.

You could give a non-tanky character a special melee attack that does funky stuff to shields, etc. etc.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Sombra's ult should literally hack an opponent, you take over their character and get to make them blow up themselves/the enemy team

hire me blizzard, I have so many good ideas

Sombra's ult just gives 25% to the ult meters of every other player on the team

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Rick posted:

Sombra's ult uses the email you registered with Blizzard to email a random person on your contact list a note telling them that they're a wonderful person and that you should try and make time to spend with each other in the real world, away from computers.

Thus, you have to scramble to try to figure out who the email went to and if it is going to be helpful and heartwarming or cause some personal problems and perhaps compromise your current relationships.

The message has got to be "Why haven't we had sex yet?".

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Sombra's ult removes 20 seconds from the timer if you're defense, adds 20 seconds to the timer if you're offense, or adds 5% to your control of the control point

I don't think Pharah has anything cybernetic, she just has a jetpack and a rocket launcher

Hmmmm. I was thinking her jump jets but id be fine with her being unaffected.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
It would be cool if she could hack enemy abilities and get to use them briefly.

Maybe she has shield and an ability to drain enemy shield while regenerating her own shield (there's no 'lifesteal' Ability in the game that I'm aware of).

Ult could be some firewall buff that briefly makes everybody immune to Cc.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
Sombra ult gives pro game designers who currently work at gamestop a glimmer of hope that they will soon work for blizzard as an idea guy

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Sombra's ult telephone-calls a fax machine and puts the enemy team's voice chat onto the call

Sombra's ult disables sound for the enemy team and caps FPS at 5

Sombra's ult swaps the spawn points

Sombra's ult places a teleporter like Symmetra's at the enemy team's spawn, the teleporter immediately kills you on use

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
an ana style grenade that disables cooldowns or stops them recharging in a small area would be pretty neat

maybe have it be a persistent aoe for ~4s or whatever, forcing teams to have to reposition around it