Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Last time on Holy gently caress: Election Edition...

Before the last debate, the general worry was that Trump would look presidential and Hillary would flounder, and the fallout from gently caress Hillary Week would lead to a strong chance for a Trump presidency.

Instead, Trump was calm and sedate for about 20 minutes, and then went off the goddamn rails in front of 80 million people. And his campaign is currently in tatters.

This week and the last week have both been awful for Trumpists everywhere, with the death knell being a hot mic that caught him saying he would "grab women by the pussy." There have been calls by Republicans and his advisors to step down, but Trump refuses to step down. there's real potential that this debate could be the flashpoint that breaks the GOP in half.

Tonight's debate starts at 9 PM Eastern, live from Washington University in Missouri. The format will be a town hall style, and the moderators will be Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz.

A handy calendar to Mr. Trump's Wild Ride:

Streaming links! And I think the IRC is #poligoon?

NBC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRlI2SQ0Ueg
PBS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcNyCmBTJCY
NPR https://npr.org
Twitter will be using Bloomberg's stream https://twitter.com/i/live/778347749217406976

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I look forward to reading this thread tomorrow morning. I'd actually love to see the debate live, but it's around 3 am for me.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I look forward to reading this thread tomorrow morning. I'd actually love to see the debate live, but it's around 3 am for me.

Same. Europe misses all the fun :(

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It's a waking nightmare. We are in the '90s comic book story-line timeline.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I'm already making popcorn to salt with the Republican tears.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm loving getting up at 4 AM for this, it's the event of a lifetime.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
For those who haven't been following the quick moving USPol thread, this is the context in which the debate will occur, shamelessly stolen courtesy of Reddit's r/EnoughTrumpSpam forum:

Here are the betting markets for the debate, in case you want to get in on the ground floor.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Trump will no longer Shake Clintons hand... HAND... He will respond by saying "that's how bill does it to others right?" Followed by air horns out the wazoo. Trump will be crowned president for life on the spot.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I implore the OP to please also update to full recorded videos post debate, as someone who unfortunately cannot watch it live

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

https://youtu.be/vUz9xCTOPRw

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

:munch:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

gradenko_2000 posted:

I implore the OP to please also update to full recorded videos post debate, as someone who unfortunately cannot watch it live

I'll put up the highlight reel as things come up. Also I'm stealing that calendar of Trump's magical two weeks and putting it in the OP

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

A Trader Joe's recently opened near us. I mention this because they have a wide variety of flavored popcorn.

I am prepared.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
I estimate about a 20% chance of trump actually going insane on stage and us witnessing a live mental breakdown as he is reduced to a gibbering mess of anger and accusations

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jygallax posted:

I estimate about a 20% chance of trump actually going insane on stage and us witnessing a live mental breakdown as he is reduced to a gibbering mess of anger and accusations

IM NOT OWNED

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I am in Europe too and there is no way in hell I am missing this. If you have any solid links for streaming in Europe it would be greatly appreciated. I know Channel 4, Sky News and some of the other stations are showing it in the UK at about 2am GMT

This is going to be historic.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
Trump entered the first debate in one of his strongest positions of the whole campaign (yeah he was still basically in the poo poo but still) and he still looked like a madman. He's entering this debate on what is his lowest point in his campaign and possibly one of the lowest of his life.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Gettin in on the ground floor of this bitch.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I have had an erection for the past two weeks, please help it is not subsiding. I don't think I want it to

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Transmetropolitan was a vision of the future.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Any chance the GOP pulls a coup attempt during the debate?

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Soon it will all be over and we can kick back and watch Republican Party Reservation.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
When I told my boss I'd like leave for Monday (which is when the debates would be held my time) and told him why, he gave the whole friggin' office the day off :allears: I mean, we are a small company of 4 people including the boss, but that's still half the workforce gone :v:

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I can't find it but that panel of The Beast in his waistcoat and underwear drinking scotch and done up on pills is pretty much how I imagine Trump this exact second.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

CommissarMega posted:

When I told my boss I'd like leave for Monday (which is when the debates would be held my time) and told him why, he gave the whole friggin' office the day off :allears: I mean, we are a small company of 4 people including the boss, but that's still half the workforce gone :v:

Wow your boss is awesome.

This debate is gonna be some poo poo. It's basically confirmed that Trump is going to bring up the Broaddrick thing right?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I forgot to mention he was planning to take leave too, hence the 'half the workforce gone' comment :v:

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

lozzle posted:

Wow your boss is awesome.

This debate is gonna be some poo poo. It's basically confirmed that Trump is going to bring up the Broaddrick thing right?

I mean, his 'apology' and his retweets of Broaddrick seem to indicate that.

Unless someone in his campaign magically convinces him how terrible of an idea it is, he will bring it up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Trumps of Sad!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Basically the entire U.S. right wing has completely internalized and accepted that the allegations that Bill Clinton is a rapist have been indisputably proven, he is convicted, this is accepted by all, and that Hillary Clinton therefore is the enabler and accomplice of a rapist, either passively by staying married to him, or actively, by threatening or intimidating his victims or hell maybe even by holding them down while he did the deed. It's not just the consensual Monica stuff. They consider it proven that he's an actual rapist.

This stuff is canon to them and ingrained through a few decades of repetition on Drudge, NewsMax, WorldNet Daily, talk radio etc. so they see it as accepted truth and probably expect that the rest of America does too.

So righties probably feel outraged that this stuff already hasn't been used to take down Hillary since she will obviously crumble and shatter as soon as she is confronted with the truth of her deeds. They don't understand why no one has been doing this, the right has been fighting with one hand tied behind its back for crying out loud! She will have no answer, because everyone will see the obvious truth of it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Zwabu posted:

So righties probably feel outraged that this stuff already hasn't been used to take down Hillary since she will obviously crumble and shatter as soon as she is confronted with the truth of her deeds. They don't understand why no one has been doing this, the right has been fighting with one hand tied behind its back for crying out loud! She will have no answer, because everyone will see the obvious truth of it.

I love how absurd the idea is that Trump suddenly says something like this and that Clintons reaction would be cold sweat and perplexed stammering.
That line of attack has been going on for literal decades. She probably played out every single version and has a perfected answer for all of them,

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

BigglesSWE posted:

Same. Europe misses all the fun :(

lol if you aren't staying up all night for the television event of the millennium

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm really sad I have to be up in the morning. I'm going to miss a man literally turning into a corn cob on live television. You folks in more beneficial time zones watch it extra loud in my place.

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
This is going to be something special.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Antti posted:

I'm loving getting up at 4 AM for this, it's the event of a lifetime.
Hell yeah, calculated exactly how many beers I can drink and still make it to work the same day! I am looking more forward to this then the last one.

klingon
Oct 8, 2016
I'm hoping Trump whips out some Bill C. golf course quotes.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Jygallax posted:

I'm personally hoping we save that for the debate next week. :unsmigghh:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
A visual metaphor for the likely fallout for the GOP from Trump's debate performance tonight:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gnjftxLMpvI&t=30s

E: I think tonight is going to be some historic legendary poo poo that I will be able to tell my future progeny as they look on with amazement just from hearing the magic and beauty of it all secondhand.

I was there. I lived through that!, I shall tell them as they ooh and aah in wonder and envy.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 9, 2016

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I love how absurd the idea is that Trump suddenly says something like this and that Clintons reaction would be cold sweat and perplexed stammering.
That line of attack has been going on for literal decades. She probably played out every single version and has a perfected answer for all of them,

They don't watch us like we watch them. They probably think most liberals haven't heard of it, otherwise why would they be liberal?!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

A visual metaphor for the likely fallout for the GOP from Trump's debate performance tonight:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gnjftxLMpvI&t=30s

I was thinking more of that scene from Head of State where the guy lines up his advisors and then punches them in the face one-by-one, but this works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'd be okay with trump pulling a Budd Dwyer and making the thread name even more appropriate to be totally honest.

• Locked thread