Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Ultima66 posted:

Come on, read the flavor text, look at the name, and figure it out yourself. Vinktar Square is very valuable a unique map if that helps.

E: And the fact that when you search for Agnerod you'll also see results for Agnerod East, South, and West.
The wiki, which painstakingly details every change to every item since before 1.0, doesn't mention the conversion on the Rod pages, just the Vinktar Square page. I figured if that trade existed, it would be listed there. It isn't. Please accept my sincere apology for not having the entire breadth of every possible unique trade memorized and for the sheer gall to ask a question without checking every potentially relevant page.

Thanks for the pricing advice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

The March Hare posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/m_rch/characters

I'm running CI discharge right now, gear still needs some work (hosed one of my rings trying to divine it, need to get it back to good but too lazy to buy more divines last night.)

I'm enjoying the build so far tbh, it feels really good in all maps with the exception of instadeath to reflect.

How are you dying to reflect with leech? Your crits shouldn't be able to do more than 40k in one hit, which does 2500 damage to you after resistances + 20% reflect. Unless you mean dying because you don't have Vinktar leech up. With 8000 ES and a -16% max resist map, you'd have to be doing 70k in one hit to actually oneshot yourself on a reflect mob at which point each hit you do is leeching around 10k ES back.

Also like I was saying, I'm pretty sure that Cast on Crit BV is much better than Faster Attacks + Fortify. No BV means you're only using like 2 Power Charges per Discharge on a single target.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ultima66 posted:

How are you dying to reflect with leech? Your crits shouldn't be able to do more than 40k in one hit, which does 2500 damage to you after resistances + 20% reflect. Unless you mean dying because you don't have Vinktar leech up. With 8000 ES and a -16% max resist map, you'd have to be doing 70k in one hit to actually oneshot yourself on a reflect mob at which point each hit you do is leeching around 10k ES back.

Also like I was saying, I'm pretty sure that Cast on Crit BV is much better than Faster Attacks + Fortify. No BV means you're only using like 2 Power Charges per Discharge on a single target.

I mean without vinktar up. And yeah, I'll probably try out bv my single target does feel sightly low.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

The wiki, which painstakingly details every change to every item since before 1.0, doesn't mention the conversion on the Rod pages, just the Vinktar Square page. I figured if that trade existed, it would be listed there. It isn't. Please accept my sincere apology for not having the entire breadth of every possible unique trade memorized and for the sheer gall to ask a question without checking every potentially relevant page.

Thanks for the pricing advice!

I wasn't trying to be dismissive, I wanted you to figure it out because it's a fun puzzle and one of my favorite things in the game (esp the leadup to figuring out what the result was because they released the staves one at a time over like a year).

I didn't expect a passive-aggressive blasting :(

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I'm doing cospri discharge, at work now but I can post my dude later if you're curious. About 10k es, I went trickster though with 99% reserved. Eventually I'll fit a 4th aura in too.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
From GGG, most popular maps for each tier:

Jungle Valley
Oasis
Arid Lake
Acid Lakes
Mesa
Strand
Ashen Woods
Tropical Island
Coves
Underground River
Bazaar
Plateau
Gorge
Volcano
Abyss
Maze of the Minotaur

Psychorider
May 15, 2009
Can I get a guild invite? Character name is Psyquake

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Psychorider posted:

Can I get a guild invite? Character name is Psyquake

Sent

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

So I want to try again with an Obliteration wander, this time using Essence Drain for boss kills with the Essence of Delirium mod. I have a couple of ideas for how to do it:

Pathfinder CI with Dying Sun
-Dying Sun with 50% flask effect gives a pseudo GMP, Master Herbalist gives free poison link, so you get 2 free gem slots in your KB links. CI is much easier than life for where you need to go on the tree
goo.gl/FTvfDf

Assassin CI or life
- Toxic Delivery with poison on KB. A little worried that the damage on Essence Drain might not be good enough though since you only get a 4 link and have to use poison as one of the links. However damage on normal enemies might be better and it'd be significantly cheaper.
goo.gl/Gr6f4j

Anyone have experience with running Essence Drain in a 4l with essence of delirium that can comment/ give advice? Could it actually take down guardians/shaper with my tree?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Can i also get a reinvite? SidoEQ.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Guild is full right now, but i bugged Skyl3lazer on irc so hopefully he can open up a spot for you.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

whypick1 posted:

Just ask in gchat for someone to carry you.

Then maybe farm Dried Lake for a bit.

Thanks friend, I'll do that. Usually I'm gaming with a couple buddies who don't really know wtf and somehow, the three time in a week cruel dominus ripper is the thought leader.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mince Pieface posted:

So I want to try again with an Obliteration wander, this time using Essence Drain for boss kills with the Essence of Delirium mod. I have a couple of ideas for how to do it:

Pathfinder CI with Dying Sun
-Dying Sun with 50% flask effect gives a pseudo GMP, Master Herbalist gives free poison link, so you get 2 free gem slots in your KB links. CI is much easier than life for where you need to go on the tree
goo.gl/FTvfDf

Assassin CI or life
- Toxic Delivery with poison on KB. A little worried that the damage on Essence Drain might not be good enough though since you only get a 4 link and have to use poison as one of the links. However damage on normal enemies might be better and it'd be significantly cheaper.
goo.gl/Gr6f4j

Anyone have experience with running Essence Drain in a 4l with essence of delirium that can comment/ give advice? Could it actually take down guardians/shaper with my tree?

It sounds pretty fair, I mean you're getting all the chaos nodes as an Obliterator and the glove enchant is a pseudo 5L. Keep ED on and just spam KB. That's actually probably one of the best ideas for handling single target as an obliterator.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Invite sent

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i wouldn't use poison gem on ED in delirium gloves, go with the 3 mores that fit it (void manip, rapid decay, controlled dest.)

those will all (including the 30% more in delirium gloves) scale the 1000 extra chaos dmg/s from a delirium weapon as well, which is like having a lvl 28 ED instead of a lvl 20

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hello Friends,

As there is now the ability to see time since last logon to guild, I am doing ad-hoc purges. You're fair game if you've been offline for 1 month according to the game, so if you're actually playing you'll be fine. If it turns out we fill again and there's no 1+ month offline people, I guess the guild is Actually Full for that duration.

Basically it's time to start petitioning GGG to add some more guild slots is what I'm saying.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hauki posted:

I'm doing cospri discharge, at work now but I can post my dude later if you're curious. About 10k es, I went trickster though with 99% reserved. Eventually I'll fit a 4th aura in too.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hauki/characters

char HaukiTrap for my CI Cospri discharger for reference

Grabbing spell crit clusters next, not sure what my goals are anymore gearwise. Probably getting a better shield or a better crafted glove. A 4 enlighten would let me fit AA, double purity & discipline with my hat & no changes on tree. Qual on my ICSs is an obvious one. That sapphire is normally a quicksilver, the last time I played I was busy getting tooled by a twinned map boss warband, all six of which were ghosted.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Skyl3lazer posted:

Hello Friends,

As there is now the ability to see time since last logon to guild, I am doing ad-hoc purges. You're fair game if you've been offline for 1 month according to the game, so if you're actually playing you'll be fine. If it turns out we fill again and there's no 1+ month offline people, I guess the guild is Actually Full for that duration.

Basically it's time to start petitioning GGG to add some more guild slots is what I'm saying.

Just threw this in the OP.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Content Update 2.4.1 is scheduled for this coming Friday (New Zealand time). It contains new microtransactions, changes to the Atlas and new Sextant Mods! Today we're revealing five of these new mods.

Area contains additional Packs with Mirrored Rare Monsters, Players take 100% Reduced Reflected Damage

There are a few sextant mods that help mitigate some of the more restrictive map mods, while also introducing more monsters to the zone.

Area Contains Slipstreams
Slipstreams increase the speed of everything inside them by 20%. They also stack, so if you can find overlapping slipstreams, you and other monsters receive a significant boost.

Area Contains 30 Additional Clusters of Mysterious Barrels

A rare sextant effect adds special barrels with unique effects to the maps.

Unique Boss Deals 20% increased Damage, Map Has 20% Quality, 20% increased Quantity of Items Found in this Area

This sextant effect means that the maps you use will act as if they all had 20% quality, but the boss will be more deadly.

Area contains an extra Strongbox, Strongboxes in Area are Corrupted, Strongboxes in Area are at least Rare Rarity

This one adds an extra strongbox, makes all strongboxes rare, but adds challenge and reward in the form of an unidentified corruption.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 11, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

There's not any way to get to 50% increased flask effect without pathfinder is there? Trying to convince myself not to go pathfinder with my Obliterator but it seems so strong.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mince Pieface posted:

There's not any way to get to 50% increased flask effect without pathfinder is there? Trying to convince myself not to go pathfinder with my Obliterator but it seems so strong.

just do it dude, enjoy it while it lasts

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Mince Pieface posted:

Nobody (everybody) won't (will) judge you for being a pathfinder.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Nobody (everybody) won't (will) judge you for being a pathfinder.

I saw the spectral throw build of the week, and am determined to make it work with a raider instead. Think I can abuse phasing enough, but I'm not sure. Anyone ever tried it?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

whypick1 posted:

From GGG, most popular maps for each tier:

Jungle Valley
Oasis
Arid Lake
Acid Lakes
Mesa
Strand
Ashen Woods
Tropical Island
Coves
Underground River
Bazaar
Plateau
Gorge
Volcano
Abyss
Maze of the Minotaur

Are these good maps to spend the perma upgrades on then?

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Maddot_66 posted:

I saw the spectral throw build of the week, and am determined to make it work with a raider instead. Think I can abuse phasing enough, but I'm not sure. Anyone ever tried it?

I briefly dabbled with it. Got 3 x -1 frenzy charge gems, strapped on Snakebite and had poison plus perma-phasing. Ran a Hyrri's Ire plus acrobatics for a buttload of perma-dodge.

Ultimately I just didn't like some aspects of being almost completely chaos/poison-based, so I dismantled the character. That said Raider is a great ascendancy.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So i rolled a skullspammer last night and i like it very much so far.
My progression speed compared to my other toons is exceptional, mostly due to not having to care for gear so much.

Question about witch necromancer ascendancy node "spirit eater": desecrate creates 2 additional corpses.
If im using desecrate in a clustertrap-trap, will each trap trigger 2 additional corpses or does this only apply to self-cast desecrate?

Also how do i buff my decoy totem to last more than 2 seconds without speccing into totem nodes?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

devoir posted:

I briefly dabbled with it. Got 3 x -1 frenzy charge gems, strapped on Snakebite and had poison plus perma-phasing. Ran a Hyrri's Ire plus acrobatics for a buttload of perma-dodge.

Ultimately I just didn't like some aspects of being almost completely chaos/poison-based, so I dismantled the character. That said Raider is a great ascendancy.

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but why do you want -frenzy charges? I can see that would give all your attacks poison, but I don't see the benefit to phasing.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Lungboy posted:

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but why do you want -frenzy charges? I can see that would give all your attacks poison, but I don't see the benefit to phasing.

Raider node "You have phasing while at maximum frenzy chargers". Getting both phasing passives from Raider gives you 10% chance to dodge spells, 6% chance to dodge attacks, 20% move speed, and immunity to ignite/frozen/shocked while phasing.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Say, would mirror arrow + gmp summon 5 clones?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Say, would mirror arrow + gmp summon 5 clones?

No, but unless they changed it you can use Mirror Arrow + Trap + Cluster Trap.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Count Uvula posted:

Raider node "You have phasing while at maximum frenzy chargers". Getting both phasing passives from Raider gives you 10% chance to dodge spells, 6% chance to dodge attacks, 20% move speed, and immunity to ignite/frozen/shocked while phasing.

Worth noting this applies to chilled as well. Making chilled and shocking ground free map mods.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Count Uvula posted:

That sounds pretty sweet, what would a tree look like to best utilise it? Similar to that spec throw build of the week?

e: I wonder if it would work well with Reave or Molten Strike.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 11, 2016

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm doing a firestorm templar. Now that I hit 68 and can use eye of innocence and Pledge of Hands its got pretty good clear speed, with only a few good gems. I've only ascended once, so if I need to respec its fine. So far I've only taken Instruments of Virtue. I'm not doing a crit build, so should I take Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgment to try to make up for it a little, or Sanctify and Pious Path and set the world on fire? I like the latter because I just wanted maximum fire everywhere with enough defense to keep me alive (I'll have a decent amount of life).

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

If I have poison linked to Essence drain, in the delirium gloves, does the poison dot inherit the 30% more damage over time from delirium mod and the 'damage over time is increased by spell damage' mod from Essence drain, similar to Ignite Vortex? I'm assuming so.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Mince Pieface posted:

If I have poison linked to Essence drain, in the delirium gloves, does the poison dot inherit the 30% more damage over time from delirium mod and the 'damage over time is increased by spell damage' mod from Essence drain, similar to Ignite Vortex? I'm assuming so.

yes, but the poison is just going to be one stack of damage based off the initial hit of Essence Drain that won't last as long as the ED dot portion itself, it's also not boosted by nor does it boost in any way the decay dot (which you should be using) from a delirium weapon

use all 'more' links in your ED glove, and leave the poison stacking to your KB spam or whatever other skill you're using for trash clear

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I switched to Cospri's Discharge.

Was comparing my build to Bongsnake's yesterday, since he's playing the more standard 7/5 Discharger. I'm going with 6/3 (6/4 if I wear Death's Door but I don't want to bother picking that up right now) with extra damage nodes. He was 10 levels lower, so missing a lot of damage nodes, but was at 32000 tooltip "damage per use" Discharge with 7/5 charges up with Conc Effect. I was hitting 34000 damage per use with Controlled Destruction. I don't know how much damage the -100% crit chance incurs, but ignoring that part it puts me at 37500 per use Discharge. Wearing Death's Door adds a little less than 10% to that, so I should be at around 41000 damage per use + whatever damage 100% increased crit chance gives with Death's Door.

Neither of us gets any extra damage from gear differences. He was using Herald of Ice at the time and I wasn't, but that's miniscule. If there's any real difference between pathing all the way to the Templar charges vs getting more jewel sockets and damage near Witch/Shadow, I don't think it's very big. Like, if 10 levels of damage nodes adds 120% damage, and you're already getting +200%, that puts the 32000 up to 44800, a ~10% increase over my setup. I don't really know how much damage the 100% crit chance penalty on Controlled Destruction is worth, but I believe it's very close.

Also I only have 8700 ES without %ES Elreon rings because they're too expensive for me right now. Voll's Protector sucks.

E: By the way gently caress I didn't realize people played Fakener without stun immunity before Kiara's was a thing and it's pretty rough. I guess I have to use a Kiara's because I've died to getting chainstunned a lot more than I'm comfortable with.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 11, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ultima66 posted:

E: By the way gently caress I didn't realize people played Fakener without stun immunity before Kiara's was a thing and it's pretty rough.

No it's not. Cyclone makes you stun immune.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I'm considering making an Essence Drain character and can't decide on Ascendancy class. The tree between the two is basically identical, just choosing between Trickster or Occultist.
Trickster gets more flat ES, a bunch of cast speed, and helps solve mana issues. Occultist gets to benefit more from Soul Strike due to Wicked Ward.

Trickster

Occultist

Anyone who has played ED with either of these Ascendancies want to chime in? Currently I'm leaning Trickster -- I imagine Soul Strike is still pretty great even without Wicked Ward, especially as a character that can spend so much time just dodging.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

For me, Essence drain choices are Scion for damage, Occultist for tank. I went scion myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I love my triple curse trickster. I don't really get a lot of fancy cool stuff but I'm tanky as hell.

You really can't go wrong with ED this league.

• Locked thread