Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

How many spiderpeople are there in this ultimate spiderman cartoon? I watched a few episodes and in each of them another one appeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcrc4VdoueE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

cant cook creole bream posted:

How many spiderpeople are there in this ultimate spiderman cartoon? I watched a few episodes and in each of them another one appeared.

Ultimate Spider-man, Iron Spider (Peter for an ep.), Iron Spider (Amadeus Cho), Spider-man/Kid Arachnid (Miles Morales), Venom (Peter for an ep.), Venom (Harry Osborn for an ep.), Agent Venom, Scarlet Spider (Kaine but named Ben Riley), Carnage (Just Symbiote goo taking over people), Anti-Venom (Harry Osborn for an ep.), Kaine (experiment goop thing that dies fast) and Carnage Queen/Spider-Woman (Mary Jane)

Plus 2 different 4-parters called Spider-verse and Return to the Spider-verse, in which we get Spider-man 2099, Noir, Spider-Woman (Petra Parker [also Joan J. Jameson]), Spider-Ham, Spider-Knight and some others probably and the second one has Spider-Noir again but also Blood-Spider (spider-man from a world that's being consumed by vampires), Web-Beard the Pirate, Web-Slinger the cowboy, Wolf-Spider (an evil Peter), Spider-Punk and Spider-Gwen.

Seasons 1 and 2 are very spiderpeople free, tho.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

thebardyspoon posted:

Justice League Action is starting soon right? I'm hoping that will be a super hero cartoon worth watching finally, trailer way earlier this year looked pretty good and like it might be doing Brave and the Bold levels of obscure characters.

Supposedly, it starts this month, but still no word on the exact air date.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ultimate Spider-man, Iron Spider (Peter for an ep.), Iron Spider (Amadeus Cho), Spider-man/Kid Arachnid (Miles Morales), Venom (Peter for an ep.), Venom (Harry Osborn for an ep.), Agent Venom, Scarlet Spider (Kaine but named Ben Riley), Carnage (Just Symbiote goo taking over people), Anti-Venom (Harry Osborn for an ep.), Kaine (experiment goop thing that dies fast) and Carnage Queen/Spider-Woman (Mary Jane)

Plus 2 different 4-parters called Spider-verse and Return to the Spider-verse, in which we get Spider-man 2099, Noir, Spider-Woman (Petra Parker [also Joan J. Jameson]), Spider-Ham, Spider-Knight and some others probably and the second one has Spider-Noir again but also Blood-Spider (spider-man from a world that's being consumed by vampires), Web-Beard the Pirate, Web-Slinger the cowboy, Wolf-Spider (an evil Peter), Spider-Punk and Spider-Gwen.

... Huh. Amadeus Cho is a Spider-man in the cartoon?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

... Huh. Amadeus Cho is a Spider-man in the cartoon?

Yup, most of season 4 has a main "Web Warriors" team so Amadeus gets to hang out with Peter and Flash (and Kaine and Miles) quite often even, works out better than you'd expect.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wow. That is a lot of spiderpeople. Notably they haven't showed Cindy Moon in there yet.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Maybe they'll pull some stuff from slott's spider verse in the new series.

Having japanese spider man and leopardon show up would be cool.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Monaghan posted:

Maybe they'll pull some stuff from slott's spider verse in the new series.

Having japanese spider man and leopardon show up would be cool.

I'd imagine the new series is an attempt to refocus on classic stories and a more simplified continuity than the current series, which from the get go was basically a team up show with built in cross overs with Avengers Assemble. It also gives them a chance to re-align the show with the upcoming new film.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, Ultimate Spider-man is literally completely off the wall swarming with magic robots while this new one, according to their promo at least, is more realistic down-to-earth.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I hope it has nothing to do with the new movie, because being beholden to the movie continuity will make the show much more constrained on what they can and can't use in terms of rogues and other characters that may not have been introduced in the movies.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Reinanigans posted:

I hope it has nothing to do with the new movie, because being beholden to the movie continuity will make the show much more constrained on what they can and can't use in terms of rogues and other characters that may not have been introduced in the movies.

None of the cartoons have ever been beholden to the MCU continuity. But they do draw some aesthetics from them. I'd imagine the new character designs will be close to the new status quo set by the reboot film.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Reinanigans posted:

Avengers Assemble has gently caress all to do with movie continuity, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think the GotG formula of "sort of related to the movies but not really" is best for this kinda show.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

I think the GotG formula of "sort of related to the movies but not really" is best for this kinda show.

It's how BTAS did it at the start too.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

And the 90s Spidey series was supposed to be based on a movie that was never made. IF I remember correctly, that's why Sandman was never used and Electro was only used really late and in a weird role, as they were supposed to be villains in the movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yup. That's also why, much like BTAS, there was no origin episode (until they did a weird reimagining of The Boy Who Collected Spider-man and used that to tell the origin).

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Return of the Caped Crusaders is fantastic.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SlothfulCobra posted:

The way I heard it, sidekicks back in the day were there to make the hero into more of a father figure to provide a kind of fatherly influence to young readers in an era with a lot of paternal abandonment.

It is interesting when you look at the superheroes who were conceived decades later like most of Marvel's catalog were and they barely have sidekicks at all, compared to all the kid compatriots in the golden age. In those days, everyone was trying to court teenagers, and the only "real" sidekick I can think of from then was Rick Jones.

I always found the Legion of Siperheroes as an interesting case study in whether relatableness was really a driving issue. I don't really know how popular they were around their creation, but anecdotally, my father's favorite comic growing up was Ferro Lad of all people. :psyduck:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Ferro Lad had his own comic?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Ferro Lad had his own comic?

I don't think so. I probably should have just said "favorite character". If I recall correctly, Ferro Lad didn't last that long in the silver age, anyway, which is why I found it so strange.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

I always found the Legion of Siperheroes as an interesting case study in whether relatableness was really a driving issue. I don't really know how popular they were around their creation, but anecdotally, my father's favorite comic growing up was Ferro Lad of all people. :psyduck:

Old dudes love the LoSH

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Yup. That's also why, much like BTAS, there was no origin episode (until they did a weird reimagining of The Boy Who Collected Spider-man and used that to tell the origin).

None of the Spider-Man shows had an origin episode as far as I know (maybe they did one later in Ultimate Spider-Man, I only watched the first 2 episodes and it definitely started in media res).

Origin stories are largely pointless for children's shows because odds are the kid isn't going to see the show in broadcast order.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I think they all did, just not the very first episode. At least Spider-Man TAS and Spectacular Spider-Man's origin episodes were both deep within a season (Spectacular's was in the last episode of season 1 I think).

I remember ones for the old 80s shows too.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Roth posted:

It really is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Roth posted:

Best DC movie in years.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

ThermoPhysical posted:

I think they all did, just not the very first episode. At least Spider-Man TAS and Spectacular Spider-Man's origin episodes were both deep within a season (Spectacular's was in the last episode of season 1 I think).

I remember ones for the old 80s shows too.

Yeah, I think it was the second season of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends that did an origin episode for each of the titular characters. Iceman's episode had them visit the X-Men in the non-flashback portion, where Wolverine inexplicably had an Australian accent.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ZDar Fan posted:

Yeah, I think it was the second season of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends that did an origin episode for each of the titular characters. Iceman's episode had them visit the X-Men in the non-flashback portion, where Wolverine inexplicably had an Australian accent.

That episode is the very first thing that got me into Spider-Man, actually. hah I remember renting it from Blockbuster and had it for weeks.

I feel like I should see if I could find those episodes again. Didn't they get put on Blu-Ray or something recently? Or at least a full series DVD?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Best DC movie in years.

Holy poo poo, that was fantastic.

Probably by far the best direct-to-video from either Marvel or DC.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

ZDar Fan posted:

He most undoubtedly had an Australian Accent in the Pryde of the X-Men short they did.

That was just.. strange.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ZDar Fan posted:

Therefore also an episode that explains how they got all that crazy hidden scientific equipment installed in Aunt May's house. Stan Lee narrates heavily.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

http://nerdist.com/batman-return-of-the-caped-crusaders-sequel-casts-william-shatner-as-two-face/

Return of the Caped Crusaders is getting a sequel with William Shatner as Two-Face.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Roth posted:

http://nerdist.com/batman-return-of-the-caped-crusaders-sequel-casts-william-shatner-as-two-face/

Return of the Caped Crusaders is getting a sequel with William Shatner as Two-Face.

It's supposed to be Clint Eastwood. :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It's supposed to be Clint Eastwood. :(

He's too busy arguing with chairs to do voice actnig.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ImpAtom posted:

He's too busy arguing with chairs to do voice actnig.

They could have had the chair represent normal Harvey. Huge missed opportunity.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Return of the Caped Crusaders was everything I hoped it would be, and the dig at The Dark Knight Rises made me laugh so hard I had to pause the movie.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://www.cbr.com/young-justice-se...BR-TW&view=list

I'm booing at this, but i'm glad that the fanboys who wanted it are gonna be happy as hell.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm happy, just hope it doesn't introduce 20 new characters and not do anything with them again.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Samesies. Exciting news for sure, now let's hope they nail it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I'm happy. Hopefully it is decent. They have had a lot of time to take in the criticisms and pull out a solid third season. And considering the considerable lack of decent DC animate series, I'll take what I can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There is no God.