Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Eldragon posted:

So you're saying CR is too dedicated to his script to save millions on taxes? Lol.
maybe the script is being refactored and the UK is the last remaining free state or something, who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

maybe the script is being refactored and the UK is the last remaining free state or something, who knows

So they'd have to reshoot it all

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

this is the contention, there's set pieces for the UEE supposedly in london

however it has to feature in a significant portion of the game, which, well, the game is in loving space

Exactly. Chris could make an entire loving planet called "New London" and it wouldn't matter because the majority of the game is in space. The only way I think they could get away with it is if the story of Squadron 42 Episode I were to play out in a location heavily influenced by British culture. IIRC Shubin Mining Station is where the first episode is supposed to take place, with the character flying around the system doing various things. So if they wanted to make it culturally relevant they could make the system colonized by ancestors of the UK who are blah blah blah I'm sure there's a way to make it work.

It's funny to think that Star Citizen is so painfully generic that they can't get a tax credit for it.

Eldragon posted:

A2 - SQ42 has lead characters. Some of them are British.

Every character I've seen has had some variation of a generic American accent, with the exception of whatever the hell Morrow's accent was.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol at giving money to a developer to make a game and they spend sixty million dollars making a third-rate movie instead before throwing it in the garbage.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Brno? That is, um. Not Austin or LA or Frankfurt for sure.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
here's the games that passed cert, so it obviously can't be that hard

for fucks sake I am Bread got a tax credit, so no idea why they are getting stomped on the recert (they have to recert every 3 years)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

So they'd have to reshoot it all
sounds good, lets get hamil and sandi back in cap rigs

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheAgent posted:

here's the games that passed cert, so it obviously can't be that hard

for fucks sake I am Bread got a tax credit, so no idea why they are getting stomped on the recert (they have to recert every 3 years)

You know what I bet the problem is? It isn't that the game isn't British enough, it's that there's not enough game for them to make a judgement on.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
This is all very good.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You know what I bet the problem is? It isn't that the game isn't British enough, it's that there's not enough game for them to make a judgement on.

Bingo.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Wasn't this basically the same strategy they used to get rid of Wingman? They weren't getting rid of his position, but if he wanted to continue he'd have to move to LA?

Pretty well, yep. At least from what we eventually were told by him.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I hope this guy is a joke. :(

Please don't be serious, random internet fruit basket guy. :ohdear:

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Nope. I won't be selling until my Dad dies and we're forced to in order to play the Estate Taxes that will be due. Especially when Hillary is elected and if she gets her 65% death tax. Unfortunately even with a 15 year payment plan the taxes due each year would be enough to be the difference between breaking even with a little profit and being in the red every year. We have enough cash on hand we can basically afford to pay the 40% tax rate, but that would mean we'd have no free cash in order to plant the next crop. Keep in mind it takes about $2,000,000 cash in order to put in a crop. Then you are borrowing against the farm to plant the crop and well...at that point might as well sell the land take the money and do something else.

Edit: That something else will probably be me getting my multi-engine rating and CPL and see about flying with Wings of Hope as a volunteer pilot: https://wingsofhope.ngo

Real talk if your family is at all interested in keeping the farm it should be put into an LLC. This can avoid the estate taxes as well as being a smart thing to do in general.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Every character I've seen has had some variation of a generic American accent, with the exception of whatever the hell Morrow's accent was.

The 'Morrow' guy has a Scottish accent, south western part of Scotland to my ears :) A full Glaswegian accent would have been way more fun though, "Yoo there, geh tha Fok outa tha ship ya lazy shite bastad, lemme show ya away rund ya fookin cont aye".

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sounds about right.

According to that list, "Space Pants", a 2014 iOS game written by a 12 year old kid was more of a game than Star Citizen, and was duly certified for tax credits.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-from-western-countries-come-to-live-in-Czech-republic-or-Prague

Hmmm.

Highlights:

1 Cheap prostitutes
2 VERY relaxed drug laws (even for class-A drugs)
3 Evading law enforcement from other country

Intern, can you tell Chris I'm interested in a relocation package in order to work for your lovely company? tia

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Duckaerobics posted:

Real talk if your family is at all interested in keeping the farm it should be put into an LLC. This can avoid the estate taxes as well as being a smart thing to do in general.

+1

Seriously, SpaceCurtisLeMay, there are organizations in pretty much every state that connect farmers with lawyers who know how to do this stuff. The local lawyer who does divorces and real estate closings may not have the resources or experience, but there are people in your state who do.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheAgent posted:

just fyi again
the top brass new about this poo poo coming for months

The only GTR I know about is the Nissan. Does Chris have one for when he's in the UK and it's breaking down a lot?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

either that or they filed for an interim cert again

quote:

Interim certification is essential if you wish to claim video game tax relief during development. The Interim certificate will be valid for three years, beginning on the date specified on the certificate.
and um, enter the wonderful world of denying refunds

from CIG responses to streetroller posted:

We created a substantial foundation to the game, and early release versions are available [...]

While quite a lot of the promised gameplay is now available [...]

Please try out, if you haven't already, the significant gameplay which is now available [...]

quote:

final application must be submitted once the video game is complete; applications for a final certificate should therefore not be submitted prior to completion of a video game. A video game is completed when it is first in a form in which it can reasonably be regarded as ready to be made available to the general public.
so yeah, that could be causing the issue right there

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

scrubs season six posted:

Intern, can you tell Chris I'm interested in a relocation package in order to work for your lovely company? tia

If it turns out true, then I do wonder just how many of them would actually be ok with moving there, if it was me in the same boat I'd tell them to politely gently caress off and find more locationally stable employment elsewhere. :)

Guess I just don't understand dream development. :(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

oh my god setting goals on spending a game like it's an achievement in one's life

why am I still surprised by this kind of thing??

Because you're probably a normal, well adjusted individual.

These people are not. Which is what makes this whole train wreck so utterly fascinating.

I feel like a bad person for getting so much enjoyment out of this. :ohdear:

It's like watching the special olympics and picking on the athletes. :(

But I just can't turn away!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Grimhex to be renamed Bradford

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Duckaerobics posted:

Already have three Trusts and we set up an LLC and moved all the equipment & operations over to that. It's the land that's the issue. Only so much you can do when you have nearly 3000 acres and the going rate is around $5,000 an acre.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

The Titanic posted:

Because you're probably a normal, well adjusted individual.

These people are not. Which is what makes this whole train wreck so utterly fascinating.

I feel like a bad person for getting so much enjoyment out of this. :ohdear:

It's like watching the special olympics and picking on the athletes. :(

But I just can't turn away!

Star Citizen : Czeching Out.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Time to unveil my proposal for a missile platform to be used to threaten Asgardia into capitulating to my every demand.

Make a kickstarter for it.

You won't tolerate Space being moderated by scientists!

You guys can have space wars and role play over trade disputes.

Basically Star Citizen.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

either that or they filed for an interim cert again

and um, enter the wonderful world of denying refunds

so yeah, that could be causing the issue right there

:gary: :yarg: :gary: :yarg:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

lazorexplosion posted:

Grimhex to be renamed Bradford

Corby. :)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

quote:

It’s a rare treat when a Kickstarter announcement genuinely impresses me… and Kingdom Come: Deliverance has done just that. - Chris Roberts

What a twat.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Already have three Trusts and we set up an LLC and moved all the equipment & operations over to that. It's the land that's the issue. Only so much you can do when you have nearly 3000 acres and the going rate is around $5,000 an acre.

I don't really know how all that works. Can the land not be transferred to an LLC or trust also?

I have a similar issue where my grandfather was logger and they have a bunch of timberland in Oregon. I'm really worried the land is going to be sold off.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

hello employees

we'd like to refactor you

don't be alarmed

don't start blabbing all over social media

your jobs are fine! really

but we're going to have to ask you to move to brno

I know you have kids and a wife and asking you to move to a city that's obviously missing a vowel sounds really scary

but its not! remain calm

but if you can't move, well

you're done at this loving company, you failed chris and shouldn't even be in the same loving space as him you no balls gently caress up

thanks for coming into my office

Holy poo poo. Sounds like everything is fine! :burningdog:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Grim 'ex

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
feel the brno

e: oops I meant full brno

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-from-western-countries-come-to-live-in-Czech-republic-or-Prague

Hmmm.

Highlights:

1 Cheap prostitutes
2 VERY relaxed drug laws (even for class-A drugs)
3 Evading law enforcement from other country

Sounds like a paradise for Chris Roberts. But what about super actress Sandi? I can't imagine there will be many Hollywood movies made there. :allears:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Moving everyone to Brno could be a fun romp enjoyed by all, or it could get a 39 on Rotten Tomatoes

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
:lol:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen : Czech's a Brno

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Not Hollywood, no. But there are some very niche Czech video production companies that are more in-line with her earlier acting experiences.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I think you mean :brnodog:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

TheAgent posted:

I think you mean :brnodog:
:aaa:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Not believing any of this even though I really want to

• Locked thread