Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

soy posted:

Seemed kinda gratuitous to share my build but whatever. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9BckT

Dead Like Rev posted:

Hahaha that mouse.

What up cheap mouse buddy. Mine doesn't even have side buttons :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

soy posted:

Seemed kinda gratuitous to share my build but whatever. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y9BckT

nice build!

in other news the light tank still owns https://streamable.com/nq3s

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
How do we as goons play together on PC? Should we post Origin names here? Is there another threads for it? Will there be a goon private sever? Will you guys forgive my noobness and help me get better?

I have many questions.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Did the free trial end or something?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does Origin's Access seem like a great deal to anyone else? I get a ton of free poo poo, and like week long "Trials" for games and poo poo? Kind of cool tbh.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

Does Origin's Access seem like a great deal to anyone else? I get a ton of free poo poo, and like week long "Trials" for games and poo poo? Kind of cool tbh.

I started pissing around with Titanfall and find it fun in brief spurts. I hear plants vs zombies is ok. Battlefront is coming soon, along with the new Mirror's Edge. Also dang Medal of Honor is a trip to the past and a great little distraction as well.

Haven't even finished downloading 10 hours of Battlefield 1 I might not even finish this week and I already feel like I've gotten my pint's worth of fun.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Conquest kind of sucks now that kills are added to the tickets again. In the beta, most matches were really close and could tug-of-war. Now, most matches are won by 200+ points or more depending on if they get a good base-rape in beforehand.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Plan Z posted:

Conquest kind of sucks now that kills are added to the tickets again. In the beta, most matches were really close and could tug-of-war. Now, most matches are won by 200+ points or more depending on if they get a good base-rape in beforehand.

Pretty sure some of us said this is exactly what would happen if they changed it back

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Pretty sure some of us said this is exactly what would happen if they changed it back
Yeah. It totally negates the objectives part of the objectives-based game mode. Also means a dedicated PTFO squad can't help quite as effectively anymore.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

evil_bunnY posted:

Yeah. It totally negates the objectives part of the objectives-based game mode. Also means a dedicated PTFO squad can't help quite as effectively anymore.

Gotta keep that K/D rate front and Center brah.

Lvlcap is happy now so that's all that matters.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Plan Z posted:

Matches in the beta could go back and forth if both teams cared about capping the entire time. When people stopped capping that's when the scores got blown out.

More often than not one side would get bogged down between two points and the people who made a difference were the ones backcapping or spawned away from the big fight to contest. If one team got ahead by 60 points, you'd run out of time trying to close the gap; the writing was already on the wall 10 minutes ago. The ticket gain was that slow.

The big difference is previously, the hundred deaths accumulated by the lower half of the losing team meant nothing. It masked how terrible a team was doing. That same bad team that was destined to lose before will lose faster now. A combination of shooting things and capping will still outscore some pubstar with murder vision. If your whole squad is doing the same, you'll probably win too.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Delacroix posted:

Matches in the beta could go back and forth if both teams cared about capping the entire time. When people stopped capping that's when the scores got blown out.
Yes when people stop caring about objectives, they lose at the objective based game mode.

Delacroix posted:

More often than not one side would get bogged down between two points and the people who made a difference were the ones backcapping or spawned away from the big fight to contest. If one team got ahead by 60 points, you'd run out of time trying to close the gap; the writing was already on the wall 10 minutes ago. The ticket gain was that slow.
Those impossible-to-close gaps would be trivial to compute, and show a display for.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I remember back playing the open beta with the push and pull style conquest that half the time it was incredibly easy to cap points as nobody was at them as half of the team were enemy snipers clustered around the urban bit. Sometimes you'd get a squad or two willing to contest but half the time we were just rolling about in vehicles going back and forth.

I just have a feeling at the end of the day tickets or not I feel one team will still have to carry the weight of lone wolf smacktard dudes because human nature is terrible.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Had some great games last night and got to spend a good chunk of time with each "Hero" class.

Sentry just seems like a worse Flamethrower guy. He can definitely get some poo poo done if you play carefully but he can quickly be overwhelmed. People just aren't that afraid of him either when they see him on the field. You're far more likely to have people stand out and shoot at you or charge you rather than run and take cover.

Tank Buster got a Sawed Off Shotgun that wrecks human players much like his tankgewehr gun wrecks tanks. It probably shouldn't have the range that it does, and it can definitely take down more than one person at the same time when fired into a crowd. I kinda wish he weren't as hidden as he seems to be as I'd like to play this Hero more.

Flamethrower is broken on a level that really needs to get addressed. The flamethrower itself is just far too good, has ridiculous range, and he's pretty survivable on his own. Of the three hours I played last night, almost a full hour was spent as the Flamethrower pickup.

They fixed in game unlocks and customization. (Yay!) However you can't do it on the main menu. (Boo...)

If you play medic do yourself a favor and unlock literally any of the other medic guns available. They nerfed his starting weapon.They also increased the medic box range and heal speed making it the better choice over the smaller medic boxes. This is a change from the beta in which the small boxes gave far faster burst heal than the full size box.

Also the hellfighter trench gun is loving ridiculous.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

BigglesSWE posted:

Gotta keep that K/D rate front and Center brah.

Unironically agree. conquest sounds much better now

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Also we blew up the Dreadnaught last night from close range.

Got a ton of footage but Shadowplay super does not like this game running in 21:9. It at least doesn't crop the image so I can fix it later.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Played maybe 2 hours of mp last night and I think I'm bad at bf now? Only time I consistently got kills was with the trench shotgun, most other times I got crushed in firefights. I'm gonna chock this up to only mega-nerds and youtubers (EonweSA and Matimio were both in my match last night ) having bought the trial and once the retarded masses start playing this I'll have a decent chance.

Initial thoughts: Trench shotgun is a loving beast, use that poo poo all day. Also most weapons have different sights you can use right off the bat and most of them are way better than the defaults( the curvy ones for medic rifles and the aircraft ones for the support lmgs). Still haven't found a good pistol, bought a revolver that reloads slow as hell and does poo poo dmg, need to buy that shotgun-pistol from the recent footage that seems really op at the moment. Also mortars wreck people's poo poo, enjoy before they're nerfed.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Played maybe 2 hours of mp last night and I think I'm bad at bf now? Only time I consistently got kills was with the trench shotgun, most other times I got crushed in firefights. I'm gonna chock this up to only mega-nerds and youtubers (EonweSA and Matimio were both in my match last night ) having bought the trial and once the retarded masses start playing this I'll have a decent chance.

Initial thoughts: Trench shotgun is a loving beast, use that poo poo all day. Also most weapons have different sights you can use right off the bat and most of them are way better than the defaults( the curvy ones for medic rifles and the aircraft ones for the support lmgs). Still haven't found a good pistol, bought a revolver that reloads slow as hell and does poo poo dmg, need to buy that shotgun-pistol from the recent footage that seems really op at the moment. Also mortars wreck people's poo poo, enjoy before they're nerfed.

Same, I only get kills with the MP 18 and the shotgun :(. The Lewis gun is kinda useless and the medic gun is only good because it has a bayonet. I unlocked the 1916 Selbstlader for the medic and that one is completely useless as well but at least it has a larger mag. I just don't understand when the medic guns are every better than stabbing someone / running away.

I'm also getting crazy problems with the main menu. The quit button just doesn't work at all and the game gets stuck when I click cancel when I'm trying to join a server.

Everything else is great though! Amazing game.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Profanity posted:

I'm genuinely curious - why spec all that out, then go for a TN monitor? $150 or so more and you could get an IPS Predator.

Is that curved poo poo? I use this for work too and curved just looks like a gross gimmick to me.

e- er I googled since I'm not on my phone. I'm not buying a monitor with more than 1ms response time. All the IPS displays are like 4-5ms... My main criteria was 144mhz, 1ms.

soy fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 13, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

IceOrb posted:

Had some great games last night and got to spend a good chunk of time with each "Hero" class.

Sentry just seems like a worse Flamethrower guy. He can definitely get some poo poo done if you play carefully but he can quickly be overwhelmed. People just aren't that afraid of him either when they see him on the field. You're far more likely to have people stand out and shoot at you or charge you rather than run and take cover.

Tank Buster got a Sawed Off Shotgun that wrecks human players much like his tankgewehr gun wrecks tanks. It probably shouldn't have the range that it does, and it can definitely take down more than one person at the same time when fired into a crowd. I kinda wish he weren't as hidden as he seems to be as I'd like to play this Hero more.

Flamethrower is broken on a level that really needs to get addressed. The flamethrower itself is just far too good, has ridiculous range, and he's pretty survivable on his own. Of the three hours I played last night, almost a full hour was spent as the Flamethrower pickup.

They fixed in game unlocks and customization. (Yay!) However you can't do it on the main menu. (Boo...)

If you play medic do yourself a favor and unlock literally any of the other medic guns available. They nerfed his starting weapon.They also increased the medic box range and heal speed making it the better choice over the smaller medic boxes. This is a change from the beta in which the small boxes gave far faster burst heal than the full size box.

Also the hellfighter trench gun is loving ridiculous.

Don't keep me hanging.

What's the damage to my precious cavalry officer?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Mordja posted:

Don't keep me hanging.

What's the damage to my precious cavalry officer?

Still great, I haven't noticed any big differences.

Edit: Even the loving syringe is better than the medics guns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lXZ1xqQDOA

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 13, 2016

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

They did tweak the hit detection on the sword making it somewhat harder to kill people with it.

But I think it's a lot more fair vs the beta which had you swording people swinging on the completely wrong side and sometimes through terrain.

But aside from that Cavalry is still good.

Oh and they gave the wrench back to Support. Praise. loving. DICE LA.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Wait, this is Dice LA? I was thinking this game was Dice Stockholm. That was giving me flashbacks from BF4 launch. :flame:

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Game is good but there is no Webley MKIV and that is an inexcusable offense :colbert:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Game is good but there is no Webley MKIV and that is an inexcusable offense :colbert:

There's a Webley Auto though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is good

i shot people with lawrence of arabias smle

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's a Webley Auto though.

Unacceptable it's tainted by an automatic action I need the pure stuff.

I really like the arsenal but there are not enough recolving sidearms.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Ya I was loving sucking big time. I finally found more success by sticking with the big clumps of infantry.

Also, looking at the Symthic stats, I can confirm with numbers what I felt - the Lewis loving suuuuuuucks. 15 loving damage a shot at 28m? loving hell, thats pistol damage. Total garbage - looks like almost every other LMG is better. Can't wait for BAR and MG15.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How is the single player looking?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Dreyvas posted:

Wait, this is Dice LA? I was thinking this game was Dice Stockholm. That was giving me flashbacks from BF4 launch. :flame:

I believe it is a joint effort and, much like BF4, full development will be handed over to them after release.

DICE LA only works on the MP side of things so I'm praising them until proven otherwise. :P

They did good work with BF4.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Kolibri only mode when?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

How is the single player looking?

https://streamable.com/qkfk

Tried matchmaking for Domination/Rush, got put in empty servers both times.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Well my download finished while i was at work but now I have to go out for someone's birthday instead of getting murdered repeatedly because I'm bad at battlefield. Having RL friends is a mistake people.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

If anyone is looking for a group later we'll have a pretty sizeable party tonight.

http://www.goonstack.win/discord-1/

Feel free to drop in.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Unacceptable it's tainted by an automatic action I need the pure stuff.

I really like the arsenal but there are not enough recolving sidearms.

I'm seriously hoping they'll drop that pistol with micro DLC level pack unlocks or something. We have Victorian breach loaders but not the common modern British Army sidearm?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

So how do I spend my Warbonds? I've got like 1000 but I don't see where the hell I can spend them. I go into the unlocks page and there's no option there either.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

So how do I spend my Warbonds? I've got like 1000 but I don't see where the hell I can spend them. I go into the unlocks page and there's no option there either.

I think you can do that via the Battlefield 1 website like with the old Battle Log.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Lugaloco posted:

You have to do it in-game from the customize tab in the bottom left, next to squad selection

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

404notfound posted:

You have to do it in-game from the customize tab in the bottom left, next to squad selection

That seems... dumb. Weird that I can't do that in menus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

The career page isn't live yet on battlefield.com so in game is the only option at the moment.

When it does go live it'll basically be like Battlelog.