Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Anything I should look out for with a 2007 Mazda MAZDA6 s Sport Wagon with 98,949 miles? I'm in Vegas and have a VIN for it, but I'm not seeing many records for it.

Selling for $6k, I'm gonna make an offer soon if it passes pre-purchase inspection; my concern it's been sitting for a while, but the dealer lot is in a lovely location, so it doesn't completely surprise me.

Nevermind, accident reported.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

100% Dundee posted:

I understand this, but what I was getting at was say I had a worse credit score and my CU/bank offered me say 4.9% or something. Isn't it relatively common for the dealership/company financing to try to offer you a lesser rate just to make the sale and earn your 3.9% or 4.5% or whatever interest as well?

The dealership has sweet gently caress-all to do with it. The manufacturer provides incentives (as of current I think average incentives on cars sold in the US are around $1500-3500 depending on manufacturer). Usually, there is a subsidized financing option through the OEM's captive finance company that is below a market rate. Great, right??? well actually, the subsidized rate is in lieu of cash-on-hood incentives, so if you want the 0.9% for 72 mos you are not going to be able to get the $1500 incentive cash. In most situations, it's probably a wash between captive finance subsidized rates and market rate + cash.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
Proposed Budget: $25,000
New or Used: Used
Body Style: SUV (Currently thinking Nissa Pathfinder, Mazda CX9, or Honda Pilot)
How will you be using the car?: Family of 4 (two car seats), strollers, groceries, and occasional guests
What aspects are most important to you? 3 rows of seating

Growing out of the 2005 Prius. Looking to upgrade to a larger vehicle that can comfortably accommodate my family.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Proposed Budget: $30,000 ish
New or Used: Either
Body Style: Minivan
How will you be using the car?: Family car stuff. 3 carseats, daily driver for whatever. Hauling camping equipment, music gear and roadtrips as well.
What aspects are most important to you?: Safety, convenience and comfort stuff, quality and reliability, rear DVD entertainment system, handfree bluetooth music and calling for driver without platform specific shenanigans
Things I don't care about : The 2016 United States Presidential Election
Why not a Prius?: 3 car seats won't fit, also I hate the environment

This will be replacing the role of my wife's Honda Fit. I'll be keeping the Honda Fit and selling my Scion tC.
My car shopping experience on the Honda Fit was "buy a new one for $16k, or buy a 3 year old one with 55k miles for $800 less".
I'm not seeing a lot of good inventory on Craigslist on minivans. There is almost nothing that is 2-5 years old in private party sale, except for stuff you really don't want (crashed, absurdly high mileage, etc.). Even among dealers, most of the cars look suspiciously like rentals (2 years old with 50k miles?)

Vehicles that interest me are the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, because I'm a know-nothing dummy with brand affinity who has liked the Toyotas and Hondas I've owned and absolutely hated every Dodge and GM vehicle I've owned.

I recently put an aftermarket stereo in my car so now I have really convenient bluetooth audio streaming and phone call integration on my Nexus 5x, and I'd like something that can do the same. My wife will be the primary driver, and she's an iphone user. I recently drove my in-laws' 2015 Pathfinder on a road trip and the bluetooth implementation was just garbage. There's no aux port, and the only way you can get audio from your phone to the car speakers (except for phone calls) was by connecting your approved Apple iPhone iOS (tm) device to a special USB cable and urghhh I remember when Nissan made good cars :mad: So basically, I want to make sure that the implementations of those features are not stupidly hamstrung like Nissan's version.

Nissan's in-car DVD system was crappy too, because there was no way to get the audio from a DVD besides using the proprietary, wireless headsets. Why it couldn't just play from the rear speakers, I do not know. I'd prefer not needing the wireless headset things, because my kids are small and they can't comfortably wear headphones in their car seats. We currently have a chintzy aftermarket DVD player that straps to the headrests that we hook up for trips that are over an hour (anything less than that, they can just look out the window and be bored like generations of kids before them).

Is buying new going to be my best deal? Is buying through the Costco car buying program any good? I consider myself a 7/10 on the "good at negotiating" scale, but I just hate doing it :shrug:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

canyoneer posted:

minivan stuff

Hard to go wrong with the Honda or Toyota. A family member has a 2011 or 2012 Sienna XLE with about 100K miles on it and it's held up very very well. I drove it for a weekend and was surprised how much I liked it.

The XLE doesn't have entertainment though so that might disqualify it. I'd ponder if the built in entertainment is a must have or not, it's usually only on the highest trim model and costs a fortune. My kids just have their ipads now, we rolled with portable dvd players for their early years though.

I have no personal experience with the Honda, but the Touring and Touring Elite trim is very nice as well. There isn't a lot of selection in my area for lightly used examples, folks tend to hold on to these. There are 2 2012 Honda Touring trims within 100 miles of me.

I can't recommend the Dodge/Chrysler units right now, another family member has a 2013 Town and Country Limited, tons of features but the interior is falling apart. Trim panels loose, the doors make a grinding sound when closing. The Toyota/Honda is a superior vehicle in my experience. The Pacifica seems nice, but it's brand new, so who knows how it will hold up.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Re: minivans: once the 2017 Odyssey reveals itself and actually hits dealers, you may be able to get a fire sale deal on a '16 that has been sitting on the lot a while. A fried of a friend managed to get a lease on a low trim Odyssey for something insane like <$250/mo, so deals can be found already.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Go buy an off lease Toyota or honda, Toyota tend to cost less than the Hondas and I like the Toyota better, I own a Toyota and when my accord was in the shop I was given a Honda minivan and I just didn't like it as much.

You are going to pay around 32-35 if you want tip trim level with entertainment, or you can spend 25, get a decent trim level then buy some baller in car DVD system.

Of you want a minivan that will look beat to poo poo in 3-5 years from new then a dodge is the way to go.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I Love Topanga posted:

Body Style: SUV (Currently thinking Nissa Pathfinder, Mazda CX9, or Honda Pilot)
How will you be using the car?: Family of 4 (two car seats), strollers, groceries, and occasional guests

Growing out of the 2005 Prius. Looking to upgrade to a larger vehicle that can comfortably accommodate my family.

Ford Flex, maybe, for a different take. Your other choices are fine.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Proposed Budget: 20-25k, flexible
New or Used: prefer certified pre-owned
Body Style: Mid-sized sedan or 2 row SUV
How will you be using the car?: 20 minute commute, 1-2 hour drives once a week, ~8-9k miles a year. Also as a karaoke machine.
What aspects are most important to you?
1) Comfort
2) fun to drive
3) tech features (keyless entry, backup camera, Bluetooth (at minimum) or Apple CarPlay)
4) sound system (could be open to aftermarket, but I have no experience in getting that so I'm wary)

Currently driving a 2015 GTI SE. The leather seats have aggressive bolstering that don't fit my hips, back, or shoulders. The cockpit is small and my knees rest on the door and center console. It's not comfortable at all no matter how much I adjust it. I've tried a lumbar cushion and it pushes my back forward to avoid some of the bolstering, but it's not enough to rest my shoulders comfortably. I'm 6'2" 250lbs. I've been having pretty bad shoulder pain, especially after long trips. Needless to say, I'm willing to trade it in. I have about 13k left on the loan. I'd be willing to take on another loan since I'm expecting to get like 18k on the trade in, but I'd like to lower my payments ($460 a month currently).

I really enjoy how sporty it is (especially with a stage 1 tuning), but I am willing to sacrifice some of that for comfort. It would be nice to be able to overtake someone on the freeway without too much effort.

I also enjoy the GTI's keyless entry, backup camera, push button start, and premium sound system, and wouldn't want to give those things up. I also play all my music from my phone and I want it to start playing when I start the car with no interaction of my own. The 2015 GTI's infotainment system is trash and would love a tech upgrade. I'm also interested in newer features like auto braking, adaptive cruise control, lane assist, etc., but these are luxuries.

I park on the street right now so I don't want to get TOO nice (my car's been hit 3 times in 2 years), but I'd like it to be roomy and comfortable. It doesn't have to be "luxury". Just something that doesn't hurt me.

I'm mostly looking for recommendations for cars to test drive because I have no idea where to start with all of my requirements. Thank you!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It is going to be very difficult to get CarPlay on anything that is CPO.

edit: New Hondas have CarPlay, at least the Civic. That could be a reasonable choice. The new Golf also has CarPlay and has different seats from your current car but shares most of the same virtues and vices. I think the new Passat could work. Most Chevrolets have CarPlay but none of them are fun to drive except the Camaro, which is out of your price range.

Can we change the thread title for a while to "CPO IS BULLSHIT"?

edit: don't take this the wrong way, but how did you end up buying a car that is uncomfortable for you to drive? figure out how you did that and make sure you don't do that again.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 12, 2016

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

CarPlay stuff

edit: don't take this the wrong way, but how did you end up buying a car that is uncomfortable for you to drive? figure out how you did that and make sure you don't do that again.

I don't NEED CarPlay, just Bluetooth. I guess I'll look at some new Hondas if they're comfortable. I was interested in CPO because I thought I could save some money over a new car, but I'm paranoid about buying a used car.

I'm not sure how the comfort issue came up. Maybe I gained 10 lbs and I just barely fit before? I think I just didn't notice until the pain emerged. It was also my first new car and I wasn't really paying attention. It was comfortable enough at the time.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It is going to be very difficult to get CarPlay on anything that is CPO.

edit: New Hondas have CarPlay, at least the Civic. That could be a reasonable choice. The new Golf also has CarPlay and has different seats from your current car but shares most of the same virtues and vices. I think the new Passat could work. Most Chevrolets have CarPlay but none of them are fun to drive except the Camaro, which is out of your price range.

Can we change the thread title for a while to "CPO IS BULLSHIT"?

CPO is bullshit for anything not european luxury. CPO on BMWs and Mercedes can make some sense given how horriblely expensive they can make poo poo.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

the Camaro, which is out of your price range.

Heroin is $3 a hit and (2016) Cameros are below $20k in Obama's America.

http://jalopnik.com/brand-new-chevrolet-camaros-are-absurdly-cheap-right-no-1787662886

Op could try it out but anecdotally tall or large drivers don't seem to like them with the whole not being able to see out the window thing.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Throatwarbler posted:

Heroin is $3 a hit and (2016) Cameros are below $20k in Obama's America.

http://jalopnik.com/brand-new-chevrolet-camaros-are-absurdly-cheap-right-no-1787662886

Op could try it out but anecdotally tall or large drivers don't seem to like them with the whole not being able to see out the window thing.

The guy's also asking about midsized sedans or midsize crossovers though, which a Camaro hardly fits.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

nm posted:

CPO is bullshit for anything not european luxury. CPO on BMWs and Mercedes can make some sense given how horriblely expensive they can make poo poo.

Paying extra for CPO is bullshit. I found a dealer that was selling a CPO vehicle for 3k less than a dealer selling a Non CPO dealer, same year, similar mileage, same model.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

tater_salad posted:

Paying extra for CPO is bullshit. I found a dealer that was selling a CPO vehicle for 3k less than a dealer selling a Non CPO dealer, same year, similar mileage, same model.

A warranty on a german luxury car that actually covers most things is gonna be worth more than 3 grand. Because shits gonna break and its going to be expensive.

Note: German lux CPO warranties and Carmax warranties are the only extended warranties that seem to cover things without drama.

My brother had 2-3x engine rebuilds and 1 or 2x transmission rebuilds on his audi and cpo bailed him the gently caress out.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

I Love Topanga posted:

Santa Fe XL or whatever the three row model is called in the states. We almost bought a Pilot and realized that it wasn't worth the 10k CDN more.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

TKIY posted:

Santa Fe XL or whatever the three row model is called in the states. We almost bought a Pilot and realized that it wasn't worth the 10k CDN more.

Thanks.

I'll take a look. Are any of the models (pathfinder, cx9, pilot) exceptionally bad between 2013-now?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I know one of the Mazda large suvs had a lot of issues, but I'm pretty sure they were older than that.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The CX7 that had the turbo Mazdaspeed3 engine wasn't great on reliability but it doesn't have 3 rows. The CX-9 was fine.

Would stay away from the Nissan. The CVT just isn't reliable in such a heavy vehicle.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Trillest Parrot posted:

I don't NEED CarPlay, just Bluetooth. I guess I'll look at some new Hondas if they're comfortable. I was interested in CPO because I thought I could save some money over a new car, but I'm paranoid about buying a used car.

I'm not sure how the comfort issue came up. Maybe I gained 10 lbs and I just barely fit before? I think I just didn't notice until the pain emerged. It was also my first new car and I wasn't really paying attention. It was comfortable enough at the time.

By the way, zero crossovers are fun to drive, so if that's actually important to you, go ahead and not look at crossovers.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

By the way, zero crossovers are fun to drive, so if that's actually important to you, go ahead and not look at crossovers.

I've actually heard the Macan is pretty great, is that not true?

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

Trillest Parrot posted:

Proposed Budget: 20-25k, flexible
New or Used: prefer certified pre-owned
Body Style: Mid-sized sedan or 2 row SUV
How will you be using the car?: 20 minute commute, 1-2 hour drives once a week, ~8-9k miles a year. Also as a karaoke machine.
What aspects are most important to you?
1) Comfort
2) fun to drive
3) tech features (keyless entry, backup camera, Bluetooth (at minimum) or Apple CarPlay)
4) sound system (could be open to aftermarket, but I have no experience in getting that so I'm wary)

Currently driving a 2015 GTI SE. The leather seats have aggressive bolstering that don't fit my hips, back, or shoulders. The cockpit is small and my knees rest on the door and center console. It's not comfortable at all no matter how much I adjust it. I've tried a lumbar cushion and it pushes my back forward to avoid some of the bolstering, but it's not enough to rest my shoulders comfortably. I'm 6'2" 250lbs. I've been having pretty bad shoulder pain, especially after long trips. Needless to say, I'm willing to trade it in. I have about 13k left on the loan. I'd be willing to take on another loan since I'm expecting to get like 18k on the trade in, but I'd like to lower my payments ($460 a month currently).

I really enjoy how sporty it is (especially with a stage 1 tuning), but I am willing to sacrifice some of that for comfort. It would be nice to be able to overtake someone on the freeway without too much effort.

I also enjoy the GTI's keyless entry, backup camera, push button start, and premium sound system, and wouldn't want to give those things up. I also play all my music from my phone and I want it to start playing when I start the car with no interaction of my own. The 2015 GTI's infotainment system is trash and would love a tech upgrade. I'm also interested in newer features like auto braking, adaptive cruise control, lane assist, etc., but these are luxuries.

I park on the street right now so I don't want to get TOO nice (my car's been hit 3 times in 2 years), but I'd like it to be roomy and comfortable. It doesn't have to be "luxury". Just something that doesn't hurt me.

I'm mostly looking for recommendations for cars to test drive because I have no idea where to start with all of my requirements. Thank you!

For comfort I'd look at a CPO Volvo S60, a Ford Fusion, or an Accord. The Volvo S60 is very punchy with the T5 engine, has incredibly comfortable seats, and an excellent sound system. The Fusion has surprisingly great handling (for a midsize sedan), comfortable seats, and a nice sound system, although the infotainment system is poor. Can be found really cheap in top trims for models a couple of years old with all the safety stuff too. The Accord is the Accord. It's comfortable, pretty fast, decent if sedate handling, and if you buy a new one you can get your Android Auto/Carplay. The sound system on those models is "premium" but the little tweeters they add at those trims sound terrible to me.

We considered buying a VW but both thought the seats were really uncomfortable, and as someone who is 6 feet tall and 180lbs I think it's no surprise they're miserable for you.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

Yeah I guess I should have said "in your price range" but it's still not fun to drive compared to say, a Cayman.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

AriTheDog posted:

For comfort I'd look at a CPO Volvo S60, a Ford Fusion, or an Accord. The Volvo S60 is very punchy with the T5 engine, has incredibly comfortable seats, and an excellent sound system. The Fusion has surprisingly great handling (for a midsize sedan), comfortable seats, and a nice sound system, although the infotainment system is poor. Can be found really cheap in top trims for models a couple of years old with all the safety stuff too. The Accord is the Accord. It's comfortable, pretty fast, decent if sedate handling, and if you buy a new one you can get your Android Auto/Carplay. The sound system on those models is "premium" but the little tweeters they add at those trims sound terrible to me.

We considered buying a VW but both thought the seats were really uncomfortable, and as someone who is 6 feet tall and 180lbs I think it's no surprise they're miserable for you.

The Hyundai Sonata has a poo poo load of front interior room in my experience as well.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Twerk from Home posted:

My boss has one. He's been locked up for reckless driving before (not this car) so i assume it's fun enough.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
The alternative to a crossover is a minivan, so in my opinion, they're much more fun to drive than the alternative. I don't know why you'd ever compare one to a Cayman, but yes, if you did, the Cayman would win.

I drove a Chrysler Pacifica, and I thought it was a decent car, overall.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

No, the alternative would be a regular car or an SUV. Minivan would be the alternative to a bigass SUV.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Yeah I guess I should have said "in your price range" but it's still not fun to drive compared to say, a Cayman.

Yep. I test drove the CX-5 and the CR-V which both seem to be the top picks for "best handling small affordable crossover", but the difference between the two is academic. Both of them feel sluggish and top heavy compared to even a base Mazda3.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I drove one at one of those prosche racetrack events. They made us.
It is fun for a cuv. That caveat is huge. Other than being pretty quick (with what I assume was the top engine), it was fairly uninspiring to drive (even the cayenne was better).
It is roughly as fun as a chrysler 200 when not flooring it.

Edit: porsche had us drive it on an autocross course along with a boxter, it was no contest.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

I Love Topanga posted:

Get a minivan. You'll pay all the money in the world (or 25k), even for very used, but a Honda Odyssey is awesome for moving family around. You aren't fooling anybody about your virility and sexual availability with your Mom-SUV, so get a van that has nice folding seats, and like 18 cupholders. Seriously, minivans drive better than SUV's make better use of interior space, and have actually useable-by-adults-for-moderate-distances third rows without being Suburban sized.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

Slo-Tek posted:

Get a minivan. You'll pay all the money in the world (or 25k), even for very used, but a Honda Odyssey is awesome for moving family around. You aren't fooling anybody about your virility and sexual availability with your Mom-SUV, so get a van that has nice folding seats, and like 18 cupholders. Seriously, minivans drive better than SUV's make better use of interior space, and have actually useable-by-adults-for-moderate-distances third rows without being Suburban sized.

I said the same thing to my wife, but she thinks I'm joking. I think the double sliding doors and mega space inside would be great. The newer Odyssey's even have a built-in vacuum I think. How would it do in the snow/ice compared to the giant SUVs I've listed? I've found a few cert used AWD CX9s that I'm planning on looking at this weekend, 2-3 years old, <30k miles, in the top trims.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

nm posted:

I drove one at one of those prosche racetrack events. They made us.
It is fun for a cuv. That caveat is huge. Other than being pretty quick (with what I assume was the top engine), it was fairly uninspiring to drive (even the cayenne was better).
It is roughly as fun as a chrysler 200 when not flooring it.

Edit: porsche had us drive it on an autocross course along with a boxter, it was no contest.

I didn't really like the Panamera Turbo I drove. It sounds like a similar experience.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Get a minivan seriously you can hold more than an suv I've put a 42" deck riding mower in a sienna with no issue.
It's more convenient with sliding doors, and the 3rd row is much more usable.

My ex wife is working towards a 4 runner instead of a newer sienna and I think she's an idiot.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The Macan has like 1" more ground clearance than a Mazda3. You're not going to be traversing the Rubicon trail with either vehicle so if the Porsche isn't good on the track then I'm not sure what exactly it would be good for.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Slo-Tek posted:

As someone who is on their 3rd Mom-SUV instead of a minivan, I agree with this statement 1000%. I understand it doesn't always work out, my dear wife still refuses to consider a minivan because they're not cool, but they are the best choice for hauling kids and their crap around. Our 3 row SUV is nothing but a giant functionality compromise of a vehicle.

If you actually plan on regularly using the 3rd row, dear god don't get a SUV/CUV, we've used the 3rd row about 4 times in the last 3 years. It's usually flat for extra storage. You know what that makes the car? A loving station wagon. 2 rows of seats and a big rear end storage section. It just sits higher, gets worse gas mileage, and looks cooler I guess.

The sad thing is the most expensive tricked out top of the line minivan out there would still cost less than what we paid for her current SUV.

I Love Topanga posted:

How would it do in the snow/ice compared to the giant SUVs I've listed?

This is really more of a function of having proper tires on the car than AWD, the AI guys love to debate this poo poo, but any car with proper winter tires, if you live some place where they're needed, will handle better than an AWD car with all seasons on it.

That being said, the Toyota Sienna has an available AWD system. The Honda doesn't, not sure about the others.

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 13, 2016

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

People sometimes forget that for vehicles (really anything you buy) are not just about the utility they provide but about the emotions they cause you to have. There's nothing wrong with preferring an SUV over a minivan, particularly if you acknowledge what you're doing.

Often buying an SUV isn't about "fooling" other people into thinking you're cool and hip. Personally, I find SUV's much better looking (especially that classy as poo poo new CX-9) and with the right values for value-of-utility vs value-of-aesthetics I would purchase the SUV.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 13, 2016

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Throatwarbler posted:

The Macan has like 1" more ground clearance than a Mazda3. You're not going to be traversing the Rubicon trail with either vehicle so if the Porsche isn't good on the track then I'm not sure what exactly it would be good for.

This, basically:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I guess some of us just don't like fake rear end* people.

*People who own vehicles other than a Miata, 911 GT3 or a regular cab long bed pickup to tow them to the track with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Proposed Budget: $30k
New or Used: New
Body Style: Don't care but given my needs it probably won't be a truck or SUV.
How will you be using the car?: Commuting, driving around, usually no more than one passenger and a small amount of junk.
What aspects are most important to you? 1. Performance 2. Winter driving ability 3. Everything else is much farther down the list.

My engine blew up and totaled my old car just a couple days ago so I'm just starting the planning stage.

So far I'm considering the WRX and the GTI, is there anything else I should consider?

I like the Mustang GT but I got a ride in one during a snowstorm once and it was loving terrible, some people tell me with better tires this won't be as bad. What is the thread opinion on this?