Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Wow the fans are getting shafted even harder than usual...

Lol gently caress em.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Apparently as a guest I can put 1000 Polarises in my cart for a grand total of $750,000. Think of how many limited edition Porsches that could buy. I thought the Polaris was a limited edition? Or just limited to as many as they can sell?

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
that room looks expensive.

the format looks rather saturated

And I hate the celebrity-tv style.

why are they wasting so much words on reflection on an event in the past

they talk like derek smart writes his blogs.

Chris R looks like he climaxes from the praise.

Why does Chris R look soo small?

what's in the bellies the roberts brothers are developing?

why do two elephants grow long hair?

Whenever Tony Z talks, Chris R looks like he wants to murder him.

You can see that the IT guy sandwiched between Chris R and Tony Z wants to be somewhere else.

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 13, 2016

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:
The cat tax is the price we pay for civilisation.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Complaint Compilation posted:

The cat tax is the price we pay for civilisation.

I wish Civ6 was out now. :negative:

Available: October 21
This game will unlock in approximately 7 days

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 13, 2016

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

? Wasn't that one out like 2 years ago?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

Hate to say this, Derek, but as I understand it, a blog is an aggregate of blog posts. It is the framework that you display your posts with. Each post is not a blog.

Also, why did you not probate yourself for catchphrasing?

blog
bläɡ/
noun
a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
verb
add new material to or regularly update a blog.
"it's about a week since I last blogged"

:negative:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

sorla78 posted:

that room looks expensive.

No kidding.

Two more of those 650 dollar lamps. Those tables are $900 each. I know furniture discussion is so nitpicky, but CIG has so much random nice poo poo in LA.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
Everybody chill out and meet back here in 5.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
star citizen: everything and more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=993s

on server stuffs, specifically a full test of the new network and instancing systems sometime next year, so all players can play together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=1463s

intel please dont drop me like amd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=1103s

on gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=1872s

confirming some stuff I posted earlier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=2101s

uh yeah ~dreams~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=2427s

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 13, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

I agree, I think Frontier should close the SC thread and tell the remaining shills to gently caress off until Chris Roberts releases a game.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Santaball is back.. kinda

https://youtu.be/Qyymbmis7xA?t=53m42s

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

I always read them, mostly it's stuff people who read the thread know but occasionally you get drama bombs like Star Marine being cancelled in 2015, the 20k coffee machine and the dispute with the contractor that was building the entrance of the new LA office to look like spaceship. Plus lots of other things I'm not mentioning, like the unfortunate firings last year etc.

I think Derek's blogs are great because when the media eventually covers all this in detail they'll at least have a really good source of information in a much better format that this massive thread.

heh, where do you think they're all getting their "research" from now? :smuggo:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
just watch chris's poor face as he tries to explain this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=2538s

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

D_Smart posted:

"sources" i bet.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

just watch chris's poor face as he tries to explain this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=2538s
This is amazing. He's all looking to the sides "HELP!" and everyone looks back at him sternly with a look of "NO." Also mild disgust. Can't forget that.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

D_Smart posted:

You need an editor, dude. You words are like a tsunami.
:smug:

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Drunk Theory posted:

No kidding.

Two more of those 650 dollar lamps. Those tables are $900 each. I know furniture discussion is so nitpicky, but CIG has so much random nice poo poo in LA.

$900?! typical goonie FUD

fact

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

Same, but Stellaris Heinlen patch. Reading this thread really makes anything else space-related sound amazing, no matter if it is or not. Hell, the Challenger disaster sounds reasonably good compared to SC by this point.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
I have seen CIG's animation asset management pipeline, and it's pretty good.

Also it didn't work, and only created a single female commando that T-posed.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
that video is every "I have an idea for an awesome video game, I just need programmers and artists" thread ever created

absolutely shameful

oh dont forget to buy a loving jpg too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=4070s

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 14, 2016

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

ideate posted:

fact

The backers will never know

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Alternative theory: ABH is a Skyrim modded looking for the next fix in modding.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

http://pastebin.com/KQbPqNSz

Enjoy

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

that video is every "I have an idea for an awesome video game, I just need programmers and artists" thread ever created

absolutely shameful
Look, they've only had 4 years of development time. The BDSM takes time. Dreams grander than anything seen before don't happen overnight!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ideate posted:

fact

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Star Citizen: Reverse the Hearse and Abandon Ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA
Oct 13, 2016[/b]

@7.00
Q:
In the slide specifically from 3.0 to 4.0, there was no mention of ships docking together. When will we be able to launch our snub craft from larger ships? When will we be able to transfer fuel or cargo between larger ships?

Chris Roberts
Ah, so ahh... NOT in 2.6 but we are, uhm, aiming to get that functionality in between 3.0 and 3.1 so ah, refuelling is definitely... especially when you... when we move to 3.0 and we're in a full Stanton system, you know people are gonna travel and maybe run out of fuel, perhaps they're gonna have to get... REFUELLED and we really wanna get the docking of say the MERLIN into the CONSTELLATION done... so we've been working on sort of DOCKING with a bigger ship which is what we need for the SQUADRON 42 stuff when you come in and land, say on the IDRIS, so it FALLS out of that, so depending on where that ends up will depend on whether it's in 3.0 or 3.1

EXACT SAME question was answered in 10FTC March 7th 2016

10 for the Chairman: Episode 78 Mar 7, 2016

Q: We already have a flyable Constellation and a flyable P-52 Merlin. How far are we from a workable tech for docking and undocking? Is this something we can expect in the near future or is this a functionality planned further down the line?

A: Yeah ah you know I really wanna actually get the fifty... P52 and the Constellation, ah, to WORK together cos they're, they're MEANT to... to... work together, it is probably something we will ah, start to work on with ah, Craig after... Craig Gransell who's done the sort of landing system, he's still got some... landing system stuff that he's wrapping up for Squadron FORTY TWO and some... enhancements for Star Citizen and that, this will probably be the next... TASK to get this working it's not THAT difficult, I mean basically you just kinda
wanna get... it's just like the landing system really you get in a certain area and then you say Ok... DOCK and then we'll just sorta bring you in and CONNECT you and the Merlin will be attached to the Constellation and then, hopefully you can get out and you should just be able to enter into the... back of the Constellation so ah, I do wanna (incoherent mumble) cos it's ah, NOT... that difficult technically to get working it's really just people have had a whole bunch of other things they're working on first, ah for instance you know we... ah... you know... HAVEN'T SHOWN IT YET, but you know we have an IDRIS FLYING AROUND and you can land inside it and take off inside it and, em, walk around it and it's pretty cool so um, ah, that was sort of the higher priority and we've still got some stuff to do on the bigger ships in terms of ah....

TLDR;
- According to Chris they were wrapping up the docking tech for Squadron 42 and had an Idris flying around that you could land on in MARCH

- It's now OCTOBER and Chris is saying they are still working on the docking and landing for Squadron 42 and the same tech for the PU will fall out of that when they get it done.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

TheLightPurges posted:

"Following a successful CitizenCon"

gee i wonder

Enot
Feb 18, 2016

Tony Z in this latest video is like CIG's minister of Propaganda, he can even out-bullshit Chris himself.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

TheAgent posted:

This is why I was so excited about this idea in 2012 :saddowns:

It really is just tell everyone everything they want to hear regardless of technical feasibility. At least I know better now.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc8pA6AUR8&t=96s

Toast seems to reward the people who "worked for free" at Citizen Con? Free ships?

:gary:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

"I've probably touched every single one of you...online." :wink:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

Oct 13, 2016[/b]

@7.00
Q:
In the slide specifically from 3.0 to 4.0, there was no mention of ships docking together. When will we be able to launch our snub craft from larger ships? When will we be able to transfer fuel or cargo between larger ships?

Chris Roberts
Ah, so ahh... NOT in 2.6 but we are, uhm, aiming to get that functionality in between 3.0 and 3.1 so ah, refuelling is definitely... especially when you... when we move to 3.0 and we're in a full Stanton system, you know people are gonna travel and maybe run out of fuel, perhaps they're gonna have to get... REFUELLED and we really wanna get the docking of say the MERLIN into the CONSTELLATION done... so we've been working on sort of DOCKING with a bigger ship which is what we need for the SQUADRON 42 stuff when you come in and land, say on the IDRIS, so it FALLS out of that, so depending on where that ends up will depend on whether it's in 3.0 or 3.1

EXACT SAME question was answered in 10FTC March 7th 2016

10 for the Chairman: Episode 78 Mar 7, 2016

Q: We already have a flyable Constellation and a flyable P-52 Merlin. How far are we from a workable tech for docking and undocking? Is this something we can expect in the near future or is this a functionality planned further down the line?

A: Yeah ah you know I really wanna actually get the fifty... P52 and the Constellation, ah, to WORK together cos they're, they're MEANT to... to... work together, it is probably something we will ah, start to work on with ah, Craig after... Craig Gransell who's done the sort of landing system, he's still got some... landing system stuff that he's wrapping up for Squadron FORTY TWO and some... enhancements for Star Citizen and that, this will probably be the next... TASK to get this working it's not THAT difficult, I mean basically you just kinda
wanna get... it's just like the landing system really you get in a certain area and then you say Ok... DOCK and then we'll just sorta bring you in and CONNECT you and the Merlin will be attached to the Constellation and then, hopefully you can get out and you should just be able to enter into the... back of the Constellation so ah, I do wanna (incoherent mumble) cos it's ah, NOT... that difficult technically to get working it's really just people have had a whole bunch of other things they're working on first, ah for instance you know we... ah... you know... HAVEN'T SHOWN IT YET, but you know we have an IDRIS FLYING AROUND and you can land inside it and take off inside it and, em, walk around it and it's pretty cool so um, ah, that was sort of the higher priority and we've still got some stuff to do on the bigger ships in terms of ah....

TLDR;
- According to Chris they were wrapping up the docking tech for Squadron 42 and had an Idris flying around that you could land on in MARCH

- It's now OCTOBER and Chris is saying they are still working on the docking and landing for Squadron 42 and the same tech for the PU will fall out of that when they get it done.

TL;DR poo poo got refactored :smuggo:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

TLDR;

TheAgent posted:

• they can't get ship to ship docking to work without it blowing both ships up, this has been a problem for months and months
yeah lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc8pA6AUR8&t=1474s

Plans to sell different rovers, including a luxury one and a pickup.

Chris Roberts comes full circle back to selling luxury cars.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=4058s

Lesnick seems like he's about to start sobbing. :-/

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Yes, guy. This is pretty much why people find it strange.

Keep on digging. If you're upset now just wait. It only gets better!

People say it's like a cult because it kind of acts like one. I'm open minded too. :shrug:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, that guy is also a gigantic shitlord. If that's how he usually posts, I'm surprised he's not been banned yet. Maybe because he never said anything that went against the grain :shrug:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

AP posted:

I just can't watch this. I tried skipping through but it's just words.

Chris Roberts said it showed up as Homestead in the colsole because they were designing a homestead but it "grew into so much more" and they aparently just never renamed it.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Oct 13, 2016

@50:13
Q
Star Marine. Will we have AI combat modes similar to the Vanduul Swarm?

Erin Roberts
Eh, we certainly will, but it won't be part of the first iteration. The first iteration is basically the balancing, basically what we're working on is all towards PLAYER vs PLAYER, so we're REFINING um... you know the ANIMATION SETS... you know um... and... you know... the... the COMBAT MOVES when... you know, the way... and... it's sort of uh... sort of first... person straight first person... um, you can... you can basically you know... use COVER and all those kinda stuff and... and so forth, THROW GRENADES, the works, you know, it's that kind of level so that's what we're... that's what we're PLANNING to get players into the game and then THAT'S what will come out with 2.6 but then shortly after that, then... when... when the... when the AI come online... the AI basically will be in the game, PROPERLY, first... first... the first... the first you'll see of that will be in 3.0

Well actually... you'll probably... see some in SQUADRON as well... but basically that... when the first sort of um... um... version were people will PLAY will be in 3.0 so THAT will be a time when we'll actually probably have a MODE, where you can go and actually find some of your buddies and actually fight AI, and have that sort of like LEVEL of going in and you know trying to take stuff out and eh uh ah

• Locked thread