Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Daztek posted:

Dunno when I'll get around to finishing this, it's delayed indefinitely delayed until 2016 some future undefined date, but have a dumb WIP video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlourXKu5Gc

this

iggy pop tax

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

"the 'before' picture of a penis pump advert" is the best burn this thread has seen in ages imo

Is there an after? I am racking my brain here just trying to figure out how there is a before and (an after?) and how that might improve things. I am not seeing how any of it works.

:confused:

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Even better, they have literal 19th century racist caricature posters about Chinamen Xi'an scum raping are white women!

HuxleyCreative.com? Like "Annabelle 'Boo' Huxley" Creative?

less than three fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 14, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Hah I couldn't resist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnE175zsVng

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Thanks to those of you posting that you liked the latest blog.

Funny thing is that I didn't even want to write it. I actually started it after the show because people kept asking for my thoughts (even though I was on the stream taking the piss, the whole time).

For some yet-to-be-determined reason, I was just so very upset writing this one. I dunno if it's because I know that all of this could have been avoided had people actually heeded my warnings, stopped giving croberts money, and held him accountable, or what. But there it is.

Blog was good even though it was a new rehash of known things. But it is very well structured (the explanation of the pre-sale for the Polaris was good stuff).

I was personally looking for more specific info on the backer and funds number counter tracker thing. Come on, post it and let them sue you. You know you wantz it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Send the Brnotice

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Looks like the latest Czech didnt rebound.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Oct 14, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Czechmate, goons :smuggo:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Brno Notice: I used to be a shitizen, until...

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:smith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Right. Didn't I do that already? How fast are you suggesting?

Fatigue Factor (FF) is now tracked (0-100). High is bad.

- Affects all movement. e.g. the more you run, the higher the FF which will then limit your movement (walk, run, swim, jetpack etc) speed.
- Increased based on carried weight
- Limit movement in order to lower the FF

Then maybe I am experiencing a bug. As soon as a teleport to one of the map, my movement speed is very, very slow (like much too slow for an FPS), and I also don't experience any fatigue, I can run from one end of the map to the other without ever getting slower, but the running speed is also rather slow. As soon as I enter water, I move at what feels like couple of pixels per second.

It's similar to what :pgabz: posted in a LoD video couple of weeks ago.

I'll see where I can post it as a bug report.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Lovely stuff :lol:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Star Citizen: Czechmate, goons :smuggo:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

blog
bläɡ/
noun
a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
verb
add new material to or regularly update a blog.
"it's about a week since I last blogged"

:negative:

Exactly. You are blogging about Star Citizen's demise, which means you are covering it on your blog with a couple of posts (which form your blog). You write a new post, not a new blog. A new blog would mean you create a new site for each post. Blog => log, post => logentry.

Noticed this misuse of the word blog couple of times, but never dared to confront the warlord with this. The again, it's splitting hairs, I know.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Go-Gurt For Dinner posted:

The Farce Awakens.

Revenge of the Hasbeen

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Tumblr has many blogs, new and old.

A sample blog: https://www.tumblr.com/search/birb%20blog

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trucutru posted:

Austin -> LA -> England -> Germany -> Czech republic, let's guess where they are going afterwards. I say... Russia. Jail is the final destination

I hope he sells Putin on the dream and becomes the Lysenko of Russian software.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
STAR CITIZEN, MY FIRST LOOK

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

theory, sandi has her fingers in so many pies and is also in on the scam, Croberts has his balls twisted because she throws fits to get the public events run HER way and if he doesn't give her what she wants she will sink the whole company

it would explain his sheepishness at the latest convention

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

that is a wall of meltdown. ouchies

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
They are referring to 64-bit positioning, not 64-bit processors.

less than three posted:

HuxleyCreative.com? Like "Annabelle 'Boo' Huxley" Creative?
Hey wait a minute, this looks familiar...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

So this is just a random but semi popular streamer that I watched trying Star Citizen for the 1st time.

Only theastropub, one of CIG's favourite streamers (and a guy wear a space helmet at Citizen Con) was in her twitch chat giving her advice which seemed odd.

LOL Marketing.

https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/786797382977454080

I dunno how CIG feels that went, but I thought it ended well.

AP fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Oct 14, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

MeLKoR posted:

They are referring to 64-bit positioning, not 64-bit processors.
Multi threading is also a completely separate concept and can be done in 32 bit engines (are you talking about the executable?).

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

The Titanic posted:

Oregon Trail was a game that probably needs to be in some Smithsonian of games.
It is in the World Video Game Hall of Fame at The Strong National Museum of Play in New York, alongside such games as Pac-Man, Doom, Space Invaders, The Sims and GTA3. Not bad company to be in, right? Pity Star Citizen will never join their side, and instead end up in this museum...

Madcosby posted:

is subsumption in game yet

gonna subsume
please be sure to like and subsume to my channel

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5795m8/chris_you_like_bombers_we_get_it_long_discussion/

Chris, you like bombers, we get it.

Let me be brief

FailureToReport posted:

Okay, I want to preface this, I own a Polaris. Before you ask, I bought it because it was the first Capital Ship I've had a chance to buy. If I win the lottery I'll melt all my ships and buy the Completionist package and just not care. I'm not rich however so I care enough to think about this stuff in my spare time, you don't have to agree with me, but here follows my attempted reasoning on why someone at CIG needs to talk to Chris:

TL:DR- The Polaris tried to fill the role already filled by the Retaliator. You don't send a Corvette to kill a Heavy Cruiser/Battleship/Carrier. That's what PT Boats & Submarines are for. Chris calls the Polaris a B-17 or PT Boat. We have bombers, the Gladiator and the Harbinger are nearing useless with all this overlap. The Retaliator in comparison to Idris/Javelin/Etc is literally the definition of a PT Boat.

The Polaris as described by the Q&A from yesterday is meant to be a capital ship attack craft which torpedoes enemy capital ships. While they mentioned you could use torpedoes on smaller craft (I'm imagining ships in the Connie/Tali/Etc range) they mentioned it would be very easy to evade torpedoes, even without the use of countermeasures.

-Issue: You're primary function in combat is to shoot torpedoes at larger capital ships, whom have big kid guns, torpedoes as CIG described them will be slow moving and depend on the quality of torpedoes. This will also mean you are rolling the dice against your intended target's ability to evade them AND their counter-measures. There is a very real chance that you can blow you're entire purpose in a battle and inflict zero damage. You are now a giant dorito to be fired upon by Ship To Ship and every bomber in sight.

Chris likens the Polaris to a B-17 Flying Fortress or a PT-Boat. A B-17 was a slow heavy bomber of its time, where as PT-Boats were meant to be small target fast attack ships which would attack enemy supply ships/transports/and warships.

-Issue: Setting aside these two things contradict each other, I feel that there are already ships that fill these roles. We have Bombers: a light strike bomber in the Gladiator and a heavy bomber in the Vanguard Harbinger. We have a "PT Boat" already in the form of the Retaliator, which compared to Capital Ships, is a small targer/faster moving/and armed with torpedoes.

The Q&A suggests that the Polaris is meant to attack "larger capital ships", dumping its payload and then retreating from battle while defending itself from fighters/bombers with its turret compliment.

-Issue: Let us imagine a WW2 Naval Battle (I'm using WW2 because Modern Navy does not compute with our ingame melee, as modern warfare is shooting munitions at targets you can't even see due to distance.) At what point do you tell your corvette they are now in charge of attacking an enemy carrier/battleship? In WW2 Corvettes/Destroyers started off very heavyily torpedo based, which rapidly fell from disfavor as these ship classes evolved into either less torpedo bays and more Ship to Ship Weapons (both the British and American destroyers dropped torpedo bays and nearly/did double their primary cannons), or they were completely specialized towards anti SUBMARINE AND AIRCRAFT roles.

CIG calls the Polaris a Corvette / Idris a Frigate / and the Javelin a Destroyer.

-Issue: These names more or less describe the same ship but with slight differences in tonnage. CIG needs to look at what they are calling these ships, while I'm a little out of the loop beyond the Bengal Carrier, the UEE should be calling the Javelin a Heavy Cruiser / Idris a Light Cruiser. (Obviously the presence of Hangers in all of these Capital Ships completely screws any traditional naval functions, so I'm ignoring these.) The Polaris should have been branded a Destroyer/Frigate and its role should have been set to Anti-Bomber/Fighter/Multi-Crew.

I'm going to talk a little about why the Polaris is wrong for what CIG intends it, I apologize if you are drooling on yourself. I wanted to do a video (that probably would have been quicker) but I didn't want to wake the nurse who has to be up in 3 hours with my video game rant.

While I understand that this is Star Citizen and not WW2 Naval Conflicts, I feel that era of naval warfare is the most similar in function to Star Citizen and hence why I draw so many comparisons (as did Chris Roberts honestly, so...). Warships in a strike force all serve purposes, in WW2 the ships tasked with striking High Value Units in a formation were other battleships or cruisers using their main batteries. If you wanted to weaken an enemy formation you used Submarines/PT Boats/ or Aircraft. You didn't tell 2 of your "corvettes" to break off and make a torpedo run and then run away from the battle. (Note that the Torpedo cruisers/destroyers of WW2 all had Ship to Ship guns as well, where the Polaris is lacking.)

Additionally, a serious issue I have with CIG saying the Polaris should shoot its payload at an enemy capital ship and then flees......what purpose does the Hanger serve then? Do you want fighters to abandon the fleet they are protecting (I'm assuming they are launching from a Javelin/Bengal or maaaybe an Idris) and jump back to home base to refit on a Polaris and hope there's still a fight going when they get back home? The Hanger in the Polaris was PURELY fan service.

If the Polaris wants to function in a UEE/Militia role, it should fit one. CIG/Chris designed this thing (By the way Chris/CIG, I LOVE the way this thing looks, I love it! My argument is with function here) to fill a role that is suffering SERIOUS overlap.

First we had the Gladiator, a "carrier based bomber".

Then we had the Vanguard Harbinger, a long range heavy strike bomber.

These ships obviously aren't going out to bomb fighters, so their target range must be Multi Crew range ships, ie: Constelations/Retaliators/Support Ships. Then to make things even more overlapped we threw the Retaliator in there and gave it "two torpedo bays". (yeah, you can change out it's modules, I'm tracking.) What is the purpose of the Retaliator? The Retaliator SCREAMS space submarine/stealth anti-capital attack.

Please rethink the Polaris. I don't know how far into designing the interior you guys are, but I'm begging you CIG, rethink this ship before you get too far along.

And furthermore...

quote:

I think people focus too much on semantics, and fail to fully envision the multi-purpose nature of the Polaris. It has a great balance of weaponry and defenses that allow it to occupy any space in a fleet battle.

It's speed makes it a great 'tip of the spear', and the size of its shields mean it can forward observe but still sustain until it can retreat or until reinforcements arrive. It can also carry and deploy a recon fighter to help sweep the area for enemy ships.

It will also be invaluable as wing lead of both bomber and fighter wings. The thinking that it overlaps with the Retaliator too much is flawed, because it will actually be a force multiplier to bomber wings. I envision Polaris leading the charge while shielding multiple Retaliators and providing a heavy base of fire to keep fighters and missle-boats away.

For fighter wings, the faster speed will allow it to provide additional coverage and firepower for fighter wings as well. In this configuration, it also brings a spare fighter to launch in case one gets blown up. The hangar also provides limited refuel, repair and rearm for its wing, which will give a fleet an advantage in long sustained battles.

Then, when it comes to the real dirty part of fleet battles (capital ships vs capital ships), it can hold its own and still dish out some major pain with its torpedos. Capital ship battles would be slow and fairly boring without this smaller class of ship. Now well see Polaris diving in with their attack wings, weaving around the larger capital ships, unleashing their torps, and then diving away to safety. Fleet strategy will be completely different now, as commanders will always have to be ready to reposition their wings to counter incoming attacks. Some Polaris will be assigned to this roll specifically (protecting larger ships) and will have to intercept and destroy incoming torpedos.

And finally, I always emphasize the role that the Polaris can have in a smaller fleet. For small groups of 5-10 fighters, the ability to land and rearm/refuel/repair will be extremely valuable. Even just for groups that are out doing tough PvE missions, the Polaris will allow them to stay in the field longer. It can bring a spare ship in case someone looses theirs, or takes enough damage that they need to swap while the Polaris repairs theirs, etc. And it provides security against larger threats, enabling a small group of fighters to take on much tougher opponents.

At the same time, I do agree with some of the criticisms leveled against the Polaris. The current load out does seem a little weak and unimaginative, and turns the ship into a jack-of-all-trades... But I still have hope that CIG will see the light and expand on the ships modularity. Not having modularity in all ships is a massive failure at this point, and it's something that would end almost everyone complaints about it (besides the guys that don't like how it looks and the bridge positioning :P ).

When it comes to staffing all 7 crew positions... I'm not so sure that will be a problem. When you distill the crew positions down to critical components, you end up with 2-3 positions that should be human controlled, and the rest can be filled easily with NPC. I'm guessing that during a fleet battle, there will also be a lot of people blowing up and then respawning in the NPC crew positions (we won't really know how this mechanic will work until later on), so larger crewed ships actually might provide a weird kind of respawn mechanic. During large fleet battles, as the smaller fighters get wiped out, the capital ships will become better crewed and more formidable, slugging it out with each other until one side finally wins.

To wrap up: I understand peoples [concern] , but I think that a lot of the Polaris utility is being overlooked. I'm also hopeful that CIG will make the ship modular, which would solve pretty much all the problems.

It also has to be said that

quote:

I think all of this is meant to be scalable, and some of the perceived overlap in ship-to-ship combat may actually be alleviated by the different roles these ships will fill, not just in ship-to-ship combat, but combat against stationary or defenseless targets (space stations, terrestrial bases, large transport ships, etc.).

If the larger capital ships have extremely durable defenses, I would think that sending a group of Gladiators and Harbingers (and probabaly even the Retaliator in some cases) up against those ships wouldn't really do anything. Instead, the smaller bombers will likely be more effective at striking the stationary and defenseless targets that I mentioned above since they'll likely have somewhat hardened defenses where standard weapons aren't as effective, and lighter torpedoes will be needed to break through. These targets could also include the support ships that that'd be supporting the enemy forces.

As the Gladiators and Harbingers are off working on those smaller targets, you'll have your Retaliator working on the larger targets like enemy Polarises, and Idrises (or they could strike the even larger targets once their shields and hulls have been weakened).

Then you have the Polaris, which can go after the larger/largest ships with the massive torpedoes that it'll be a carrying. It'll likely require a team effort to take on something like a Jav or Bengal - once the other groups have taken out their targets, it'll leave the Polaris open to engage the big boys

You wouldn't necessarily want to bring a tank to crush a golf cart, and you wouldn't want to bring a bunch of golf carts to crush a tank. Each bomber fits it's own class, and it'll likely be meant to fight within that class. I know the idea of the hangar on the Polaris was questioned, but there's an easy explanation to that. The Polaris isn't always going to be travelling with an escort... it's probabaly going to give off a pretty significant radar signature as well. If it's only support is going to come from the turrets located across the ship, it'll likely need some kind of external support to not only help fight off any attackers, but to keep eyes on those attackers as they dip in and out of the line-of-site of the different turrets (I'm thinking of a few Snub Fighters, or maybe something like a Super Hornet or Sabre that can help fight off enemy bombers). Being able to track and keep steady pressure on attackers will be crucial for improving the survivability of the Polaris so that it can escape.

I think it's hard to compare the terms that they've used to explain these ships, to the ships of the past that have been classified with the same terms. Of course it's going to be different - this is space. The way I see it, Chris and CIG may be using the terms and considering historical roles of historical/modern military ships as forms of inspiration, but now they're at a point where they can rebrand those terms and make them their own. Nothing about this game will be conventional. So much has already changed throughout history - the meaning of certain words, the roles of different ships, the types of ships used to fill certain roles - so what's to say it can't or won't change again?

TL;DR - The Polaris makes sense to me, as do the other bombers in this game. There's still so much more to be revealed and released in Star Citizen, so there's no way we can know for certain just how all of these ships will play out in their respective classes/roles. The titles of the classes for those ships doesn't necessarily mean they'll fit the same role as the ships from modern times.

Also, it's necessary to scale the amount of force applied to specific targets - light/long range bombers would be used to take out smaller targets (and will probably be ineffective against Cap ships of all sizes), heavy bombers will be used for larger targets (including the smaller Cap ships), and the smaller "attack" Cap ships will be needed when going after large Cap ships.

Ok i tried to read this. (Good layout by the way) But i've got a little lost at the second quote. So let me write a bit

quote:

Ok i tried to read this. (Good layout by the way) But i've got a little lost at the second quote.

The only thing i could pick on is the whole point of a capital ship is to provide orders and to slow down the enemy capital ship. A capital ship won't be able to protect itself from a swarm of smaller faster fighter ships. That is where the escort of alliance members would come in to play.

A capital ship will fire heavy hitting yet slow firing weapons at the enemy capital ship or try and provide a repair/refuel/rearm/electrical warfare disruptions to prevent the enemy capital ship from boosting it's fleet.

If someone thinks a capital ship is the end all of ships and could fly this without a crew or even with a small fleet to protect it then they're going to have a bad time.

Compare the capital ship to an Aircraft carrier. The Aircraft carrier has very limited weapons to attack and a somewhat limited defense capacity compared to say a destroyer. The Aircraft carrier relies on the fleet it carries and those that escort the ship to protect it. Without any of these it's a giant floating landing strip.

I would somewhat expect a capital ship to have multiple roles. Say Cap-Ship-A to be a heavy hitting torp boat with lots of armor/shields
Cap-Ship-B to have some kind of targeting or navigational disruption device
Cap-Ship-C to have some kind of maybe a fleet buff purpose.

Any long range bomber ship is not designed to get deep in to the action but more of a "pick them off at range" style play. They lack the defence in favor of a higher DPS. They should be used to hold back with further targeting while the smaller ships work down the shields allowing the small ships to peel off and start work on the next ship as the bomber launches a nice large payload to wipe out that limping ship. Maybe with enough bombers they could work on the enemy cap ship bringing their systems offline for long enough to either destroy them or board them if the friendly cap ship has a small fast personal transport carrier in its hold to launch a bunch of merc's to over run the ship.

Anyway like i've said i got a little lost pretty quick but i just wanted to give an understanding of what a cap ship is for.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm trying to get back in to SC after a long break and i'm finding it rather fun when you don't get attacked 24/7 while minding your own business.

TL;DR: I bought a $750 piece of crap and now I am feeling kind of guilty about it. Wouldn't it be great if it was just like *I* want it to be?

645 comments, with around fifty essays. All discussing the pros and cons about a ship that not only does not exist, but it won't be out when the game is finally release (best estimate they have: mid 2018) because it is not a priority.

These people do need a game to consume their lives.

:lol: if you read all that crap.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 14, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I didn't

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't understand what role a bomber is supposed to fill in a theatre of war where there isn't a "down"

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Kakarot posted:

did anyone read that

Mirificus. I have no idea why unless they're a masochist, though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

I don't understand what role a bomber is supposed to fill in a theatre of war where there isn't a "down"

To make things sound a bit more WW2ish

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

they're also adding torpedos which are like missiles except they're slower but do more damage!!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside! posted:

You have local physics grids. That's how the bombs "drop". :viggo:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

645 comments, with around fifty essays. All discussing the pros and cons about a ship that not only does not exist, but it won't be out when the game is finally release (best estimate they have: mid 2018) because it is not a priority.

These people do need a game to consume their lives.

:lol: if you read all that crap.

The sad thing is they don't realize they already have this non-game consuming their lives as demonstrated in these posts. No need for any further development from here on...

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Enot posted:

Tony Z in this latest video is like CIG's minister of Propaganda, he can even out-bullshit Chris himself.

Yup, you know, somehow I thought, you know, he was a bit more, you know, of a pragmatic type, but it seems, you know, he is all, you know, bullshit really. He must be fully aware of, you know, the situation obviously.

e: You know.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Oct 14, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1djVsCVG9tM&t=2s

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
I really wish i could care about anything that much that i write a 50 page essay about it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Truga posted:

To be fair, that guy is also a gigantic shitlord. If that's how he usually posts, I'm surprised he's not been banned yet. Maybe because he never said anything that went against the grain :shrug:

"Him? Yeah, he was a complete rear end in a top hat for sure, but at least he never poo poo on Star Citizen... until today."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
Some sort of relatively obvious method to leaving the pod.
Game continuing to run in background to be tabbed back into.
The graphics should be on the ship
Gun working as it should.
no glitch
Fish tank should be a solid object
My sabre should be in hanger and the glitched sabre should be gone
no floating armor without ppl in it
Text should still stay
To be able to go from crouch to standing & be able to fire my weapon & use the scope.
normal door
This issue has happened since two weeks
Once I replace the weapon I would expect it to fire by pressing mouse1. However even pressing F3 does not allow you to active the weapon or assign it to a button.
Ship should spawn somewhat centred.
The airlock doors should be present and not result in the graphical error is the expected result.
Boost should go down when used to increase speed or acceleration.
I would expect that if self destruct was canceled for almost any reason you could reactivate it once certain conditions were met that stopped the count down.
Weapon display shows correct ammunition level regardless of zoom status
walk normally no auto strafing or walking or spinning
Should not be able to climb into the ceiling.
No dimension
See ships and other art assets as intended rather than through a lens flare than would make JJ Abrams blush
The scope on the rifle should be present
- The blade should be visually extended for anyone - The blade should touch things : there should be collision with other ships, the Scythe should move when the blade extent touches something like a space station.
No flickering of the HUD. Text should be stable.
character should reenter ship
Game should shut down without problems when I exit from the menu.
Missiles do not target friendlies when the enemy is destroyed.
I expect not to loose throttle control unless I loose both engines.
The door should not swing inwards before opening.
Buggy spawns on load and is usable if it's attached in a hangar.
Character sits normally, and can look around.
He should be blue. I accidentally shot at him a few times before I realized who was who.
Either animation overrides command or new command overrides previous command or really smart AI insults me and asks me to make up my mind (in a very sexy voice dripping sarcasm and promise).
When i select the point to change, the list is not in a good position and i cant select anything
to be able to eva from the vanguard and get back abourd the ship
Stopped by the glass wall instead of exiting.
No distortion in character texture.
You should be able to leave the pilots seat and return to it without passing through the ship.
Inability to see through ship's walls and remaining in the ship even when crouched.
I heard that I was in a suit
Rays and bullets should come out of the weapon barrels.
we should be able to see outside the ship
You should just bump into the cabinet instead of going through it into the inside of the walls.
The door should open
Should not happen
The screen should open and you should have the choice to take your ship
I guess with the new system for making certain interactions with ships and objects, this would be obsolet. Anyways I am not sure about this and so I wanted to report it!
Head, arms and legs remain inside the Avenger at all times - frame rates run smooth.
Crusader loads
You should climb the ladder every time and not die.
Weapons don't fire when I am not pushing the button to make them fire.
The elevator should just bring you up into the ship. The player shouldnt glitch into the elevator when he/she activates it in a non standard position. Also the ship shouldnt start to suddenly rotate.
when firing guns on the wing the lasers do not coming out the gun.Instead the lasers launch from space itself. view this in 3rd person view
I expect the cockpit door to either have an option to use it by pressing F, but this may be a problem with the two jump seats right next to it. or have it open automaticaly when you walk up to it.
The case should not have random black texture that blocks the view of the case when the player walks close to it.
To enter the game.
The damage texture should not be seen as the hornet is pristine
Standard position in hand
Chat remains functional if kept open when dying.
The game shouldn't have froze and given me an error message.
death should not cause this bug to appear.
Pushing the slider forwards adds power to the rear shields. Pushing the slider to the right adds power to the left shields. And so on, in whatever direction. If this isn't a bug, it's a design that makes no sense to me, at least. I believe this happens in the Connie, also, and I think it might be this way in several ships.
I was expecting shots to land. My big issue is the obviousness of these rounds missing, I am wandering now with the faster firing ballistic mini guns how many bullets miss?
Player character gets into bunk and wishes what had happened was a bad dream.
I should have been able to travel to my destination without the glitch returning me to the previously exited Q-jump location.
There is supposed to be an iron sight. There is none
The clip should be securely within the weapon, not floating above it.
Ship should fly in direction of mouse.
[Ship 1] will be removed from it's position and replace [ship 2] or ship will remove itself and replace itself with... itself. I feel like there's some way to word that better but I can't find a means to do so.
The Citizencon 2946 should still be in the trophy case where I placed it and should still be available in the list of items in the AR Works interface.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tuo posted:

Exactly. You are blogging about Star Citizen's demise, which means you are covering it on your blog with a couple of posts (which form your blog). You write a new post, not a new blog. A new blog would mean you create a new site for each post. Blog => log, post => logentry.

Noticed this misuse of the word blog couple of times, but never dared to confront the warlord with this. The again, it's splitting hairs, I know.

Better described than I could. I am just feeling the flush of victory with the recent wins against CIG, and, in the words of Jack Burton, "I'm feeling kinda...invulnerable..."

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Xi'an is literally the Chinese name for China. Is there a separate planet just for Asians in this game? that's pretty racist.

That would explain the loving 15 points. gently caress her majesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/itOUykn.gifv

• Locked thread