Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Sorry I haven't been in to answer your question Kash. My newb logic was that if we did claim, the SK would get exposed and given that they cannot win with either town or scum they would be a target for NK (or less likely a lynch) due to an alliance having no benefit to either town or scum. I just don't know how important it is to route out the SK at this point in the game. What is priority right now? I assum it's hunting scum, not the SK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think my whole train of thought about all that is leading us down the wrong path, really we should be going off what we do have, and that's posts. So I have to go to work, but I'll be back on in the early afternoon est. and I'll do a re-read to see what seems off. CCKeane claimed pretty much every role so far, why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I like Dick's response, and really don't like mirotrem's response. ##vote mirotrem

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I like Dick's response, and really don't like mirotrem's response. ##vote mirotrem

I guess that's too bad. Make better posts and maybe people wouldn't be confused about your random quoting.

##vote Kashuno

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

drowned in pussy juice posted:

I don't particularly want to claim today but I'm not VT

You should fully claim at this point. If you didn't want to claim you shouldn't have said anything.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mirotrem posted:

You should fully claim at this point. If you didn't want to claim you shouldn't have said anything.

kashuno seemed really invested in setup spec so I wanted to know what he thought of that which got a really weird reaction tbh

##vote kashuno

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

kashuno seemed really invested in setup spec so I wanted to know what he thought of that which got a really weird reaction tbh

##vote kashuno

Setup spec in C9 games is a given, so that doesn't seem like a good reason. He was more invested in the reason not claiming benefited the SK, but he couldn't seem to remember who said it. Which I thought was odd.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

##vote kashuno

Maybe if you actually understand that setup you'd understand why setup spec is so valuable in a c9++

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mirotrem posted:

Setup spec in C9 games is a given, so that doesn't seem like a good reason. He was more invested in the reason not claiming benefited the SK, but he couldn't seem to remember who said it. Which I thought was odd.

I never implied it was you that said the original statement. Not once. You agreed with Dick, you posted after I asked my question, and didn't respond. Stop lying.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I never implied it was you that said the original statement. Not once. You agreed with Dick, you posted after I asked my question, and didn't respond. Stop lying.

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Guess we will have to disagree on the proper way to ask a question about someones post. I'll help you out though. Typically you would quote the post you are interested in and ask your question as part of your reply. Very similar to how I'm doing it right now. See, this way no one else has to assume I am talking to them.

You can keep voting me, but I'm Vanilla Town and we will probably just lose. Who is your second top scum read?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kashuno posted:

Maybe if you actually understand that setup you'd understand why setup spec is so valuable in a c9++

I don't know what that is so if it's important feel free to enlighten me because I have no idea what this poo poo with you dick and Miro is about on a rly fundamental level

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I don't know what that is so if it's important feel free to enlighten me because I have no idea what this poo poo with you dick and Miro is about on a rly fundamental level

K so setup is 7 dice rolls + 6 VT

Each roll helps determine power roles, scum, SK presence, etc. We know the setup either has T or VVVV, realistically T. It lets us know what we're looking at.

mirotrem posted:

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Guess we will have to disagree on the proper way to ask a question about someones post. I'll help you out though. Typically you would quote the post you are interested in and ask your question as part of your reply. Very similar to how I'm doing it right now. See, this way no one else has to assume I am talking to them.

You can keep voting me, but I'm Vanilla Town and we will probably just lose. Who is your second top scum read?

Jimson I believe is probably scum, but I'm almost positive you are.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B

We've already flipped a roleblocker, vigilante and cop (CCVVB). All which weren't 1-shot. This leaves us with 3 setup values left. The general idea is that since we've had two kills a night that an SK is probably in play. Short of that we've just been looking at the combinations that fit the setup we've seen.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kash is doing God's work here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DickBastardly posted:

I think my whole train of thought about all that is leading us down the wrong path, really we should be going off what we do have, and that's posts. So I have to go to work, but I'll be back on in the early afternoon est. and I'll do a re-read to see what seems off. CCKeane claimed pretty much every role so far, why?

I'm bulletproof and wanted to draw a night kill, obviously.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Kashuno posted:

K so setup is 7 dice rolls + 6 VT

Each roll helps determine power roles, scum, SK presence, etc. We know the setup either has T or VVVV, realistically T. It lets us know what we're looking at.

I'm not scum. I just re-read Jimson and he hasn't done anything this game. Except he tried to tell me survivor and SK were basically the same.

I would be fine lynching him and agree that he is likely scum.

##vote JimsonTheBetrayer

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I'm bulletproof and wanted to draw a night kill, obviously.

stop lying fam play the game we are at lylo

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

mirotrem posted:

I'm not scum. I just re-read Jimson and he hasn't done anything this game. Except he tried to tell me survivor and SK were basically the same.

I would be fine lynching him and agree that he is likely scum.

##vote JimsonTheBetrayer

This is pretty obvious floundering. What ever happened with that vote on kashuno

mirotrem posted:

I guess that's too bad. Make better posts and maybe people wouldn't be confused about your random quoting.

##vote Kashuno
Because of his "random quoting"

Also kdog
I'm vt this game sadly.

##vote Miro

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

stop lying fam play the game we are at lylo

Lying is cool and good.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
##unvote So now I have to read all that again after I read the other thing ok great I love reading

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

This is pretty obvious floundering. What ever happened with that vote on kashuno

Because of his "random quoting"

Also kdog
I'm vt this game sadly.

##vote Miro

Someone mentions Jimson and he pipes up. I moved the vote to you, because while Kashuno may have pissed me off he has a good point on you being scum.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

mirotrem posted:

Someone mentions Jimson and he pipes up. I moved the vote to you, because while Kashuno may have pissed me off he has a good point on you being scum.

It's 6:30 am and I am getting ready for work.

Please dont misappropriate how important mafia is to my life <3

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

mirotrem posted:

Also hilariously enough. You say kashuno has a good point on me being scum.

What point? All he says is

quote:

Like yeah buddy. Sure did give you a lot to work with here :D

I mean this is par for the course with town Kashuno.

But I've played other games with you, even games where I WAS scum and the one irritating thing about you, is your not dumb and DEMAND content along with votes. It's commendable but your

" Lol I reread jimson and agree probs scum" SCREAMS scum player trying to follow a new town trend

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mirotrem posted:

• Dick Bastardly says the last person not claiming benefits SK with no reasoning
  • Mirotrem agrees, has no reason why
  • I say Jimson is scum with no reasoning
  • Mirotrem agrees

My vote isn't moving I think

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Also hilariously enough. You say kashuno has a good point on me being scum.

What point? All he says is

Like yeah buddy. Sure did give you a lot to work with here :D

I mean this is par for the course with town Kashuno.

But I've played other games with you, even games where I WAS scum and the one irritating thing about you, is your not dumb and DEMAND content along with votes. It's commendable but your

" Lol I reread jimson and agree probs scum" SCREAMS scum player trying to follow a new town trend

or a town player trying to convince another probably town player that he isn't scum, by being willing to re-evaluate his second scum read and even vote for them.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Kashuno posted:

• Dick Bastardly says the last person not claiming benefits SK with no reasoning
  • Mirotrem agrees, has no reason why
  • I say Jimson is scum with no reasoning
  • Mirotrem agrees

My vote isn't moving I think

Then GG I guess.

I'm Toby Cavanaugh, really don't know who that is. I'm a VT and my vote is my power. I've got nothing else to add, except to ask you to re-evaluate me. Remove the interaction stemming from the SK post, do you still think I'm scum?

mirotrem
May 7, 2010
I posted my reasons for voting Jimson, so I didn't just agree. I agreed because I read him as scum as well.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010
So if somehow town survives after tonight, please consider that I'm -2 and there are 3 scum in the game. Mostly likely 2 scum on me right now.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

mirotrem posted:

I posted my reasons for voting Jimson, so I didn't just agree. I agreed because I read him as scum as well.

I can see the hay poking out from your shirt

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah I'll back Kash why the gently caress not, you have the hand of CC on your side brother.

I'll wait until evening to drop a vote though

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mirotrem posted:

Then GG I guess.

I'm Toby Cavanaugh, really don't know who that is. I'm a VT and my vote is my power. I've got nothing else to add, except to ask you to re-evaluate me. Remove the interaction stemming from the SK post, do you still think I'm scum?

Yes.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Alright. GG Scum, no reason to wait CCKeane. Let's wrap this up.

##vote mirotrem

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

##unvote

Please don't be a dick

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Self vote scum vote or worst townie ever vote

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Nailed it.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Still feel him for martyr scum preventing a scumbro from having to hammer.

But still. Miro don't be a douche

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Lash, help me out here. I'm still new to this so the single letter abbreviations regard setup are confusing to me. Long story short, do we still have a vig alive or no?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*Kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DickBastardly posted:

Lash, help me out here. I'm still new to this so the single letter abbreviations regard setup are confusing to me. Long story short, do we still have a vig alive or no?

It's possible, but I highly highly doubt it. I think the missing role (whatever PJ is) is probably a doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think we have an SK. I think mirotrem may be that SK. The reason I specify SK vs scum is that he is kinda just jumping around and flailing, trying to see if he can piggyback on someone else to get the train rolling to someone. He's not actually scumhunting or protecting anyone specific, he's just trying to point the attention to anyone but himself.

• Locked thread