Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

So what are good space games? I think I last played freelancer, that was fun ...

Everspace is still in early access but its pretty fun.

https://everspace-game.com/

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

trucutru posted:

Divorce now or wait forever?

:smith:

I feel so embarrassed.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Inacio posted:

who would've known, you actually got it

congratulations

:smuggo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/786996661566308352

Concerns raised about over staffing.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Pilz posted:

I feel bad for this man. They're going to absolutely tear him up. He knows not what dreams he shattered. On the other hand, nice to know Derek Smart was right. Two Weeks.
I messaged him and gave him a heads up. I loved his two posts on SC.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

The answer is none. You can get a janitor to do it.

Seems like a good place to start reducing capital outflow.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
RSI Polaris Q&A Part 2

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

Pshhhh. If this game ever releases, MoMA will be free to take his place along side all the other goons in trying to drag some fun out of this wretched thing. Y'all might have different opinions, but if a decent game comes out of this I'd have hoped we wouldn't say "no MoMA, you disagreed with us when we were wrong so you can't join us!".

That's always been the best part about this whole saga. If the one in a million chance of the game coming out and being good actually happens, then goons are going to loving own the show as usual.

I don't mind MoMA flying with us as long as he provides a picture of his balls for identification purposes.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

I like the way I got those.

I couldn't access my account nor recover my password. It said that email had no associated accounts. Messaged CIG support, showed proof of purchase and had my account back in minutes. I kept the $165 Super Hornet and the $100 Mustang Omega. :smug:

CIG might be shady and weird but I have no complaints about their customer support. It was quick and painless.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I don't even slightly understand the reason for this tweet.

Here we are, in a concrete bunker, with sunlight blazing in. Can these professional developers and artists retarded fucks figure out how to turn on a tv?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

I don't mind MoMA flying with us as long as he provides a picture of his balls for identification purposes.

Well obviously he'd have to follow all the standard procedures.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Look at all those warm, genuine smiles. CIG must be a wonderful place to work.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Present for the thread. Took me a whole 10 mins to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaTveIlCaVY

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, I meant the full game, not just the Alpha Sandbox. But, ok.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

his nibs posted:

Listen guys, he's only a game dev looking at another game - cut him some slack.

These people are so clueless. All his points were valid from a development point of view. Yes, technically they are still in preproduction. But these assholes are such a perfect example of Dunning–Kruger effect at work that they will never know just how stupid they really are. It makes me angry! Angry on the internet! :mad:

I also laugh a lot too.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 14, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

These people are so clueless. All his points were valid from a development point of view. Yes, technically they are still in preproduction. But these assholes are such a perfect example of Dunning–Kruger effect at work they will never know just how stupid they really are. It makes me angry! Angry on the internet! :mad:

I also laugh a lot too.

I love that half the time they're telling people they don't understand game development, then when faced with someone who does they some how say he doesn't understand the particular black magic development being employed on this project, without a hint of self awareness.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
The cultist brigade is out in full force on the pc gaming subreddit. Check it out https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/57fo54/why_is_there_so_much_support_here_for_star/

The same old tired and false arguments are being presented, r/starcitizen is leaking really hard.

EDIT: Finally, I was really loving up the BB code somehow.

Terebus fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 14, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Wise Learned Man posted:

Look at all those warm, genuine smiles. CIG must be a wonderful place to work.
there's not a whole lot of fun before a meeting with remote chris on that tv there

why eeehh why is the er what? the uhm the thing, the poo poo NOT loving READY *hands weave angrily*

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Xaerael posted:

Present for the thread. Took me a whole 10 mins to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaTveIlCaVY

Very nice. Is that an actual song clip? It's like seamless.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

quote:

The people that make these kinds of posts seem to have not 'got it'.
No-one blindly defends RSI - it's cool to have supported the realisation of this game even to this point, and have been a part of the development process. I don't expect anything to be delivered to me, because I chose to blindly support the development - not buy a game.
A lot of those bullet points can (and I'm sure will be) argued against, but for me I'm not pre-ordering and buying into the hype. I'm enjoying seeing this concept come to life, without the need for investors or release dates. It's the first time I've been excited about a studio simply getting to make something they want to.

No. No one is blindly defending RSI, no sireee.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tuo posted:

You don't understand game development.

They are talking about Squadron 42 1.0. It is not supposed to have AI, docked ships or textured maps. Textured maps will be in with 2.0, AI with 3.5, cover mechanics with 4.2.

Once they reach 13.7, they will think about pre-alpha.

The plan is to release version 37.8 Service Pack 4.

Version 894 Service Pack 9518e23 is supposed to be the REAL Jesus Patch.

Still alpha though.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Lladre posted:

Very nice. Is that an actual song clip? It's like seamless.

It's Eliezer's Waltz by The Ventura Klezmer Band. It was on Welcome to Night Vale ages ago. I just snipped a little off the start in the edit so Crobbler's rambling blended into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yylL5iD3zpM

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

happyhippy posted:

I lost it at 'This year's CitizenCon was a remarkable event in many ways,'.

Well, we all sure did remark on it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Man how sad this is, someone made an anti-SC forum, that's wasting a lot of time and effort to mock a doomed and dying project

I'm just wondering, I've followed this shitshow since 2013 and never noticed this "anti-SC forum" coming up in discussion on SA, weird. Must be something recent.

Does anyone have a link to this special "anti-SC forum" or does that only exist in a Star Citizen's dream?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Libluini posted:

Man how sad this is, someone made an anti-SC forum, that's wasting a lot of time and effort to mock a doomed and dying project

I'm just wondering, I've followed this shitshow since 2013 and never noticed this "anti-SC forum" coming up in discussion on SA, weird. Must be something recent.

Does anyone have a link to this special "anti-SC forum" or does that only exist in a Star Citizen's dream?

:allears:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Libluini posted:

It's the Goonrathi Quarantine Zone: you must be a platinum user to view this link

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm just enjoying the idea that Clifford is keeping up with this thread.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

This appears to be fake too. As I don't see it.

AP fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 14, 2016

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i dont want to blow minds

but what if both tweets were fake

makes you think

once in your lives

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

tom you're incorrigible

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Holy living gently caress what's wrong with these people?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

i dont want to blow minds

but what if both tweets were fake

makes you think

once in your lives

You could say I'm trying to inform people in a vain effort to kill the subject.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

He could play a driver in Carmageddon.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Screenshot? Maybe install Greenshot or something?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

Screenshot? Maybe install Greenshot or something?

Can't you sign out of Twitter for five seconds instead of whining every time?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

none of those people probably have engineering degrees or have PE licenses
:goonsay:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Chalks posted:

I love that half the time they're telling people they don't understand game development, then when faced with someone who does they some how say he doesn't understand the particular black magic development being employed on this project, without a hint of self awareness.

Of course not, since CIG is 100% flakiest of the snowflakes.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Almost...hypnotic.

But context please, what is he saying?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Go-Gurt For Dinner posted:

Almost...hypnotic.

But context please, what is he saying?

"Kill meeeeeeeee"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
It's almost as good as the thread sheriff's avi.

• Locked thread