Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
What was in it for Bian Zoldark to fund the Granzon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Schwarzwald posted:

Make an universal "gently caress you" button for any alien forces that decided to mess with Earth.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I for one would love to play a game of Bian's Ambition, where you play as the Divine Crusaders fighting against the Earth Federation. A few turns in, you get the option to spend 75% of your available resources on the Granzon, and you'd be a fool not to take the deal.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hokuto posted:

I for one would love to play a game of Bian's Ambition, where you play as the Divine Crusaders fighting against the Earth Federation. A few turns in, you get the option to spend 75% of your available resources on the Granzon, and you'd be a fool not to take the deal.

I'd do it the other way around. There'd be a special challenge mode where you don't get the Granzon, but as a consolation you get four times the funds.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I just want win the DC War and have to take an army of Lions led by backstabbers up against Levi.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

MarsDragon posted:

I just want win the DC War and have to take an army of Lions led by backstabbers up against Levi.

As it turns out, once you defeat the Federation, your goal becomes putting out your own army's fires from crazy people like Adler Koch and Egret Fehu in time to actually do battle with the Aerogators. Have fun busting into the Earth Cradle the hard way with your Lions.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

As it turns out, once you defeat the Federation, your goal becomes putting out your own army's fires from crazy people like Adler Koch and Egret Fehu in time to actually do battle with the Aerogators. Have fun busting into the Earth Cradle the hard way with your Lions.
And good luck recruiting Lune during all of this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Schwarzwald posted:

Bian is Ryusei with PhDs.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dr Pepper posted:

Bian is Ryusei with PhDs.

Oh, I get that. Building giant death machines is it's own reward.

But why build one for Shu specifically?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Bian was the visionary who realized first that Shu is the hero OG needs.

Shu is OG Batman.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hokuto posted:

Hard mode should just be a route split where Shu doesn't join you.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Schwarzwald posted:

I'd do it the other way around. There'd be a special challenge mode where you don't get the Granzon, but as a consolation you get four times the funds.

You can't cut funding, you will regret this!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Next SRW V trailer coming Halloween.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I really wanna know how it's changed from the previous information.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I really wanna know how it's changed from the previous information.

Hopefully we'll see the new MC and it won't be boy with girl sidekick #342.

Fingers also crossed for some Hi-Nu/Nightingale money.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Schwarzwald posted:

But why build one for Shu specifically?

Maybe it was the only way to get Shu on board with the whole plan.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
If Granzon turns out to be DGG number 4 and it summons a motorbike made of blackholes for Rai-oh then Bian can finally rest in peace.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

So, I'm on the verge of MD's infamous XO finale. Considering I heard horror stories about it and Iladouya's precision bombing, does anyone have any helpful tips for me to know?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

So, I'm on the verge of MD's infamous XO finale. Considering I heard horror stories about it and Iladouya's precision bombing, does anyone have any helpful tips for me to know?

It's not particularly hard. Just remember that you'll get hit by reinforcements from behind so split your team to deal with them. Calvina was basically able to solo the top side for me.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Just leave 3-4 squads behind to one-turn her or 5-6 if you want to deal with the Liege Geioses quickly too (Calvina and Shu work best). Honestly it is not that bad, it took me by surprise and it made me insult whoever came up with it when I saw I had to send people back, but I'll take it over bosses casting iron wall.

Deploying Yon and Russel (for Bonds/Trust) is a good idea just to be on the safe side.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

Bosses wont use map attacks if they'll hit friendlies.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah, leave a few teams in the back to deal with the reinforcement lady. I don't think she can kill with the precision bombing (I think it's 50% current hp?) so most of your dudes probably won't care that much unless they routinely get beat up for that much against grunts anyway. Team wide heal is super useful. Make a note of the Frolaga's range and just stay away until you're ready and it's just a longish stage with lots of repair and resupply.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Fair enough... guess I'll just slap some SP drinks on Rouse/Bonds casters and do as told.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EthanSteele posted:

If Granzon turns out to be DGG number 4 and it summons a motorbike made of blackholes for Rai-oh then Bian can finally rest in peace.

DGG number 4 will debut in the same game as Shin Great Mazinger, Baan Gaan, and Danguard Ace.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

KoB posted:

Bosses wont use map attacks if they'll hit friendlies.
I've seen plenty of bosses ignore this rule lately.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Since I don't think Shu is ever going to use a chain attack I feel like replacing that skill on him. I'm just not sure whether to go with Focused Attack (so his Alls are more deadly), or Hit&Away so I can attack with a decent move and advance. I'm leaning towards Hit&Away though.

New Game + Calvina is going to be utterly hilarious, even at 25% carryover of PP, since she has nearly 1000 sunk into range already. I'm switching Sally over to pumping up her skill now so that the twin can get more crits (and thus kill really really bulky mooks in one shot), but it will probably be a few more missions before that comes into play because Calvina's stats are just ridiculous.

Touya is at least not to bad at this point, a 190 will Orgone Buster with valor is a pretty powerful attack, even if he doesn't have a lot of utility.

And the disparity between my really good guys and my not so great ones widens. A lot of guys who come along for every mission are just now getting continuous action. But that doesn't really matter, most have valor already which means that their designated role (boss weakening) is perfectly serviceable.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Maybe its just the Cyflash-like ones. I definitely stopped the last few big bosses from using them by keeping an enemy alive in the radius.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Brunom1 posted:

Fingers also crossed for some Hi-Nu/Nightingale money.

Has a SRW game previously had Hi-Nu and Nightingale without listing Beltorchika's Children on the series list?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Has a SRW game previously had Hi-Nu and Nightingale without listing Beltorchika's Children on the series list?

I can confirm that both units were at least in D and Alpha 2, neither of which mentioned Beltorchika's Children in their series list.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

I can confirm that both units were at least in D and Alpha 2, neither of which mentioned Beltorchika's Children in their series list.

Checking the JP wikipedia, Alpha 3 doesn't have it either.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Well, then I will cross my fingers along with you, Brunom1.

(I would be cool with the HWS version of Nu as well).

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Well, then I will cross my fingers along with you, Brunom1.

(I would be cool with the HWS version of Nu as well).

I'd really like an upgrade to the Nu too, Amuro's upgraded to it, what, 4 times in a row now? I hope Sazabi's all out attack whirly arms animation is better than Z3.2 too because while the swipes are accurate, they had no weight behind them compared to... every single attack the Nu has.

Ashsaber posted:

Since I don't think Shu is ever going to use a chain attack I feel like replacing that skill on him. I'm just not sure whether to go with Focused Attack (so his Alls are more deadly), or Hit&Away so I can attack with a decent move and advance. I'm leaning towards Hit&Away though.

Touya is at least not to bad at this point, a 190 will Orgone Buster with valor is a pretty powerful attack, even if he doesn't have a lot of utility.

And the disparity between my really good guys and my not so great ones widens. A lot of guys who come along for every mission are just now getting continuous action. But that doesn't really matter, most have valor already which means that their designated role (boss weakening) is perfectly serviceable.

Chain Attack is, in my opinion, the worst skill in the game and a complete waste of a slot that should be replaced on everyone that has it. Don't underestimate Shu's sword attack, it has an armour down debuff iirc and he can always move and MAP! I normally do Hit&Away though, but I think I had to drop it because he comes with Maximum Break now.

Touya's utility mostly comes from his extra spirit pools, Melua is the best for the whole team I think and the +move on him is borderline necessary.. Once Touya gets Dracodeus and 3 spirit pools he's super tough and his crazy high will gives him huge damage potential. Too bad Calvina has been a wrecking ball hoovering up anywhere between 70-90% of the pp on a map (depending on how much restraint you have) since about stage 25.

If you're nearing end game and your Calvina is destroying every scrub don't be afraid to do designated boss smashers and give the guy that will be in the back the lower attack penalty for attacking the other twin position instead of Continuous Action, otherwise they're eating a 40% penalty on bosses when it could only be 20%, it all adds up!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

EthanSteele posted:

I'd really like an upgrade to the Nu too, Amuro's upgraded to it, what, 4 times in a row now? I hope Sazabi's all out attack whirly arms animation is better than Z3.2 too because while the swipes are accurate, they had no weight behind them compared to... every single attack the Nu has.

Chain Attack is, in my opinion, the worst skill in the game and a complete waste of a slot that should be replaced on everyone that has it. Don't underestimate Shu's sword attack, it has an armour down debuff iirc and he can always move and MAP! I normally do Hit&Away though, but I think I had to drop it because he comes with Maximum Break now.

Touya's utility mostly comes from his extra spirit pools, Melua is the best for the whole team I think and the +move on him is borderline necessary.. Once Touya gets Dracodeus and 3 spirit pools he's super tough and his crazy high will gives him huge damage potential. Too bad Calvina has been a wrecking ball hoovering up anywhere between 70-90% of the pp on a map (depending on how much restraint you have) since about stage 25.

If you're nearing end game and your Calvina is destroying every scrub don't be afraid to do designated boss smashers and give the guy that will be in the back the lower attack penalty for attacking the other twin position instead of Continuous Action, otherwise they're eating a 40% penalty on bosses when it could only be 20%, it all adds up!

Yeah, i noticed that about the sword, but SRX is better for armor debuffs, IMO, due to the zeal/whatever they translated it to this time spirit and smite on Rai. I've used it a lot for Maximum Break boss kills that did way more damage than they needed to for accomplishing the goal. I mostly just want to be able to abuse Shu's powerful Alls to wipe out a squad on my turn and then move up, because at this point most Grunts are able to survive one of his MAPs from full health, so Hit&Away would let me keep the pain train going. Shu is now pretty much my MB user, taking that role from Kyosuke, though Kyosuke is still getting some mileage.

I may need to look into giving more people Focused Attack, but I've been focusing on Continuous Action and will limit break. Looks like I may need to change priorities a bit.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Brunom1 posted:

Checking the JP wikipedia, Alpha 3 doesn't have it either.

Was the Nightingale in Alpha 3? I know the Hi-Nu has been in a number of other games but I'm pretty sure the Nightingale was just in those two.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Ashsaber posted:

Yeah, i noticed that about the sword, but SRX is better for armor debuffs, IMO, due to the zeal/whatever they translated it to this time spirit and smite on Rai. I've used it a lot for Maximum Break boss kills that did way more damage than they needed to for accomplishing the goal. I mostly just want to be able to abuse Shu's powerful Alls to wipe out a squad on my turn and then move up, because at this point most Grunts are able to survive one of his MAPs from full health, so Hit&Away would let me keep the pain train going. Shu is now pretty much my MB user, taking that role from Kyosuke, though Kyosuke is still getting some mileage.

I may need to look into giving more people Focused Attack, but I've been focusing on Continuous Action and will limit break. Looks like I may need to change priorities a bit.

It's still good to have because Calvina can still only go three times without shenanigans. On the first run I found there wasn't quite enough PP to go around to give everybody continuous action so I settled for getting it on the squad leads and the reduced penalty thing on the rear guys so they could still cut through grunts but were better at boss killing than the ones that were outrageous in more exciting ways, like Calvina and the natural MBers. I wish that if you are Maximum Breaking a single unit squad that you could use ALL attacks. Lemme blast a nerd with Shu's good moves! Chika already calls it Granzon the cheater!

Speaking of Shu's map attack, sometimes map attacks don't proc continuous action in MD and I have no idea why. It seems random, sometimes they'll get the extra turn and other times Shu or Giganduro will wipe out 4 whole squads and I don't get a second turn and the skill is sitting there flashing and taunting me.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Son Ryo posted:

Was the Nightingale in Alpha 3? I know the Hi-Nu has been in a number of other games but I'm pretty sure the Nightingale was just in those two.

Nightingale was not in Alpha 3 but Hi-Nu and HWS both were.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Nightingale was not in Alpha 3 because Char was dead.

It was in Alpha 2, though.

Also: Sanbondo put up a digital version of FMW2 and its OST.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Nightingale was not in Alpha 3 because Char was dead.

Yeah but so was Haman and Gato and you got their robots. It's a bit weird it wasn't a bonus unit considering how much @3 liked bonus robots.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

You even got the Sazabi in @3 as a secret unit. There was nothing really stopping them from upgrading that to the Nightingale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yess! Finally!

• Locked thread