Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Icept posted:

Still can't believe that the engine, since Battlefront, is this good.

Unlike Battlefront, the game is also quite good :smug:

The biggest mistake they made on battlefront was trying to make it "not battlefield" because spergs were crying on the internet.

:siren: for maximum fun get on CTS mumble and don't be a poo poo lord :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
I am in a quandry.

1) Buy Battlefield 1 for PC. A) Awesome detail and visuals on ultra at 1200p on a 24" Dell IPS. B) 1070 GTX rocks this game. C) Keyboard and mouse control although I normally play shooters with a controller now. D) Good God the visuals. (And I can get used to M/KB again) E) Easy and fun chat is back and the banter is hilarious. Downside: A) Computer Chair. B) Audio is a weak Logitech 5.1 system.

2) Buy Battlefield 1 for PS4. A) Couch and controller. B) Home theater surround sound on a very sweet system set up. C) $47.00 with BB gamers club/Amazon Prime. D) The audio will be unmatched. And will shake my house. E) I have tons of friends on PS4, and 1 friend on Origin. Downsides: 1) Graphical hit (Is it that much?). 2) No typing messages.

Where is the majority of the goon presence? Last time I played a major FPS with goons was the best and most hilarious thing ever when playing Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

IceOrb posted:

I cut together an operations match from a few nights ago.

It's strange to say I can't wait for the spectator tools to come out but I'm excited to go full war correspondent.

This game just looks so drat good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gflCUAAo5js

Looking at this (excellent) gameplay, it just struck me how long ago it was we could do some proper bombing runs, with several bombs in a row, instead of just the one (rather lame) sort of thing.

That whistling sound, mmmmmmm, I like it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Utnayan posted:

I am in a quandry.

1) Buy Battlefield 1 for PC. A) Awesome detail and visuals on ultra at 1200p on a 24" Dell IPS. B) 1070 GTX rocks this game. C) Keyboard and mouse control although I normally play shooters with a controller now. D) Good God the visuals. (And I can get used to M/KB again) E) Easy and fun chat is back and the banter is hilarious. Downside: A) Computer Chair. B) Audio is a weak Logitech 5.1 system.

2) Buy Battlefield 1 for PS4. A) Couch and controller. B) Home theater surround sound on a very sweet system set up. C) $47.00 with BB gamers club/Amazon Prime. D) The audio will be unmatched. And will shake my house. E) I have tons of friends on PS4, and 1 friend on Origin. Downsides: 1) Graphical hit (Is it that much?). 2) No typing messages.

Where is the majority of the goon presence? Last time I played a major FPS with goons was the best and most hilarious thing ever when playing Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.

Get a discount pc version and then if the player count dies get a cheap PS4 disc later. Worked for battlefront. I tried both betas and the game just looks so so much better on a 1070

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Popelmon posted:

Did you launch it once with the VPN enabled? I did that and now I can launch it fine with the VPN disabled too.

God drat Argone Forest is just the best map.

I can't launch the game at all with VPN to turn on the release switch permanetly. Tried different PIA AS/NZ servers, deleted the Origin settings folders in C:\ProgramData and the Roaming and Local folders in C:\Users, nothing. Just have to wait I guess.

Rolling Scissors fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 17, 2016

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
*VPN is at fault here for this post*

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Utnayan posted:

I am in a quandry.

Always get it where your friends are playing imo.

Goon presence will be on PC and consoles but if you already have your group and they're on PS4 then you should get the PS4 version.

You'll have a way better time with your crew than you will alone/looking for a group.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Flyvpn free trail, use the Brisbane server since the Perth one is unstable right now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, Operations looks so fun but every time I try to join any match it's always an empty server and I just don't have the patience is sit there and wait for players.

I wish there was a quick match button to join any Operations match or maybe a player count thing for each of the operations so I can see which one's populated.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
It'll probably be better tomorrow once the deluxe people have access to the game

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
50 minutes to unlock. Any other PS4 goons here for day 1? For the dude a few posts up, it'll look better on a good PC, obviously, but I sank about 20 hours into the PS4 beta and it still looked loving gorgeous so it's going to be fine on either.

I am so stoked for this game. If 20 hours on one map (and 99% of that time was in Conquest), then the full package will keep me going for ages. I've never been day one, minute one, on a serious business shootmans game before. I was there for Battlefront (which I love, shut up) but that's pretty casual by comparison. But this game, this game is very much my jam. I could not get excited for some pretend present day way between whoever fighting battles over whatever, all the modern shooters just became a blur of oscar mike and tango down oorah bullshit. Give me some salty sweaty tommies leaping into a trench to murder some Germans with a shovel and it's everything I could ever need from a war simulator.

Looking forward to trying out that mortar, which looks rad as hell. Also the dreadnaught guns which are like super Godzilla mortars holy gently caress. Also keen to get back into the air, in the beta I discovered that the nose cannon in the bomber was like one of my top 5 favourite things in a video game. Ever. Just chilling on the front of the plane, raining hot death down upon anything that moved.

44 minutes. gently caress I am so ready for this.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Game looks amazing on both PC and Xbone. I dropped $5 for the trial on Xbox and had a blast, so I dropped another $5 to try it on PC (which is likely where I'm gonna end up playing).

AA guns are op. If you can get into one you can take out planes, boats, and I actually counter sniped with it since you can see sniper glint from the entire map now.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Game ist sehr gut.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I know the recon decoys makes the people who pop them show up on your HUD as if someone spotted them, but is that also true for hardcore? I assume not, but I'm curious

e: for that matter, how is hardcore this time around? I imagine the m98 is just insane

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

I know the recon decoys makes the people who pop them show up on your HUD as if someone spotted them, but is that also true for hardcore? I assume not, but I'm curious

e: for that matter, how is hardcore this time around? I imagine the m98 is just insane
I don't know if it's in yet, but hardcore seems completely unnecessary this time around. Spotting is already nerfed, and the TTKs are pretty balanced as is.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I really liked those field guns in the beta too. I once went on a 9 killstreak with one by the train station, locked down that flag almost by myself while blasting tanks, a horse, and some snipers in the town. Winning a sniper duel with a GODDAMN FIELD GUN is so, so satisfying. Oh you're just going to lie up on that roof and shoot people? Well gently caress you and your building, I'm blowing it all the gently caress up.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hardcore isn't out yet apparently but we're getting something awesome with it too, fog of war. If it's anything like what I think it is, the forest map is going to be amazing.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I don't know if it's in yet, but hardcore seems completely unnecessary this time around. Spotting is already nerfed, and the TTKs are pretty balanced as is.

Oh, I suppose it might not be out until proper release. I do prefer normal, but hardcore was sometimes a fun change of pace in bf3 and 4 due to the reduced TTK, limited HUD and lack of minimap and 3d-spotting- the whole package combined, really.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is there a cheap Mexico Origin way of getting this? And I assume if you are using a VPN right now that you need at least the Deluxe edition?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

50 minutes to unlock. Any other PS4 goons here for day 1? For the dude a few posts up, it'll look better on a good PC, obviously, but I sank about 20 hours into the PS4 beta and it still looked loving gorgeous so it's going to be fine on either.

I am so stoked for this game. If 20 hours on one map (and 99% of that time was in Conquest), then the full package will keep me going for ages. I've never been day one, minute one, on a serious business shootmans game before. I was there for Battlefront (which I love, shut up) but that's pretty casual by comparison. But this game, this game is very much my jam. I could not get excited for some pretend present day way between whoever fighting battles over whatever, all the modern shooters just became a blur of oscar mike and tango down oorah bullshit. Give me some salty sweaty tommies leaping into a trench to murder some Germans with a shovel and it's everything I could ever need from a war simulator.

Looking forward to trying out that mortar, which looks rad as hell. Also the dreadnaught guns which are like super Godzilla mortars holy gently caress. Also keen to get back into the air, in the beta I discovered that the nose cannon in the bomber was like one of my top 5 favourite things in a video game. Ever. Just chilling on the front of the plane, raining hot death down upon anything that moved.

44 minutes. gently caress I am so ready for this.

My brother took off work through Friday to play this on PS4 lol. I'll still be working, but every night we're gonna be rolling. If you don't have a squad let's throw down.

P.S. I probably spent an equal amount of time on the demo and the vast majority of it was spent piloting the bomber. Brings me back to Red Baron 3D days.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you haven't played Operations yet, you owe it to yourself to do it

Conquest is great and I will always love it, but Operations is one of the most frantic things I've ever played and it feels much more like a battle

there is a battle line, people are grouped together a bit more, and it feels more "high stakes"

its loving amazing

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Question for VPN bros. Do I need to stay connected to the vpn to play online? I unlocked from NZ vpn but as soon as disconnect the vpn it says online unavailable.

edit: nvm just had to hit connect online.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 17, 2016

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
They have some loving marketing geniuses over at EA. I am contemplating buying the deluxe version.......

Bit like Valve and HL2.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Once you have connected via the VPN, close and open Origin. When Origin is open, click the game, then click play. While it's loading, you get a thing saying that it needs to update. Let it update, then click play. After that you can just close the VPN. Your IP will return to normal, and you'll have regionals set for where ever you are. If you want, start playing, or close it. close origin and reopen it to put it back to normal.

Edit: ok, just testing, and it goes back to normal (I.E. it locks the game) if you close and open origin again after you've opened it.

Edit 2: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING WHILE YOU ARE USING THE VPN.

fromoutofnowhere fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 17, 2016

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

They have some loving marketing geniuses over at EA. I am contemplating buying the deluxe version.......

Bit like Valve and HL2.

That was the best shirt.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

My brother took off work through Friday to play this on PS4 lol. I'll still be working, but every night we're gonna be rolling. If you don't have a squad let's throw down.

P.S. I probably spent an equal amount of time on the demo and the vast majority of it was spent piloting the bomber. Brings me back to Red Baron 3D days.

Dude, I would happily spend an entire match just manning the guns while you do bombing runs. That would be magic. I think I may have you on my friend list already, if not ParkingtigersX on PSN for an eager playmate who'll ease himself into your cockpit to shoot hot loads.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The attack plane is so much fun. I just love how much area the bombs cover, it's super easy to obliterate whole squads with it.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Just got the trail to test this out, see if my computer can play it ok.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
Wow, I hadn't really considered getting this since some friends are still playing BF4 quite a bit (and are cranky about change), but $46 on greenmangaming is awfully tempting...

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Omg... the single player campaign is... good? We're through the looking glass here.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
For you new medics that'll be getting on tonight:

Yes the starting medic weapons are now terrible.

Get yourself leveled to medic lvl 1 and unlock the Mondragon.

You can speed this up by unlocking the health crate right away as you'll often find yourself stuck in a ditch with sometimes two full squads huddled around you. This isn't like BF3/4/Hardline where everyone is pretty survivable.

After you get to level 3 the 8.25 Extended is probably the next best available gun.

If you absolutely must use something else aside from the Rigotti I'd suggest the Sweeper. It's not much better, but it'll at least make the grind until you start getting good guns a bit more tolerable.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Silhouette Wires posted:

Just got the trail to test this out, see if my computer can play it ok.

I have an old rear end AMD 3.2ghz quad core clocked to 3.8 and a Radeon 6900. Was able to run between 40 and 55fps during the beta with lowish settings. Little worried it might not have enough oomph to run the full release, but we'll see.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Rolling Scissors posted:

Got it unlocked with VPN but can't play as the button is greyed out and doesn't launch the game.

Same for me on PIA, says game is "Just released" but the play button is disabled.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I hope they open up battlelog soon. Having to gently caress around with loadouts mid game is upsetting.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
The terrain destruction... playing the first war story, and the road curls between two farm buildings. Normally instinct dictates you follow the road in your tank. I decided to try just breaking right through the farmhouse right in front of my and it just crumbled away in such a realistic way. The wall gave way, the roof then tumbled with slates falling from the rafters... man alive this single player is worth the price of entry all by itself. And I own 4 Battlefield games where I've never even finished the main campaign before.

So good. So, so good.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Been watching a few different playthroughs. Single Player looks to be ways better than earlier games, but the shorter storylines might not leave the impact one could hope for. Looks fun at the very least!

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Well I dunno how long you stay with the tank crew for but up to the pigeon bit had way more impact than the terrible BF4 campaign where I wanted everyone to die before I even got close to the end... so maybe shorter is better.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Decided to spend my money (and time) on this instead of TF2.

Does your rank from the Beta carry over to the game or will I still have to start from the bottom again?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

spiralbrain posted:

Does your rank from the Beta carry over to the game or will I still have to start from the bottom again?

Beta: start over
Origin Trial: carries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

spiralbrain posted:

Ranks and unlocks are reset.

Downloading the trial now, so I'll be on later after work.

e. ^^^ :argh: ^^^